What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick 'em Week 13 (1 Viewer)

lefteye

Footballguy
For this week, I'm leaving out the obvious teams.

You'll have to have real balls to pick against GB, SF, NO, Dall, Balt, Atl, & NE this week.

The rest are more difficult.

Tenn @ Buff. I'm going with Buff but I have struggled with Tenn all season.

KC @ Chi. Chi didn't play terrible last week. KC is up and down. Chi?

Oak @ Mia. Does this gunshot mcclain madness affect the team? Oak?

Den @ Min. At this point, how can you pick against Tebow? Den.

Cin @ Pit. Cin's been good but not great. I'll take Pitt at home. Pitt.

Car @ TB. Does anyone actually see either of these two teams play to provide a real read on it? TB.

NYJ @ Wash. Doesn't seem like the jets have quit on the season yet but they are getting close. NYJ.

SD @ JAx. SD's been terrible. How do the Jaguars respond post-del rio? SD?

Where were you last night?! I needed someone to spitball that Philly game with, and ended up going with the safe play of PHI. The 4 teams in front of me all went that way too...would have loved to gain 1 of the 2 games I am behind in the standings.... :bag:

I'm at the point now where I need to make up 2 games over the next 5 weeks to win this thing. Any thoughts on how to proceed down the stretch?

I want to take a few risks, but I just don't want to bury myself early.

Tenn @ Buff. I'm going with Buff but I have struggled with Tenn all season.

--> Tennessee just always seems to hang around long enough to beat the bad teams. Buffalo is a bad team with the injuries.

KC @ Chi. Chi didn't play terrible last week. KC is up and down. Chi?

--> Going Chicago here. that defense plays well at home, and I don't trust Palko on the road.

Oak @ Mia. Does this gunshot mcclain madness affect the team? Oak?

--> Going to stick with Oakland here I think. This may be one of the spots to gain a game though if everyone is on OAK.

Den @ Min. At this point, how can you pick against Tebow? Den.

--> This one makes me want to pick Minnesota. Home with a good rush defense. I think I'm gonna try and steal one here.

Cin @ Pit. Cin's been good but not great. I'll take Pitt at home. Pitt.

--> Pitt

Car @ TB. Does anyone actually see either of these two teams play to provide a real read on it? TB.

--> Tampa, unless Freeman is OUT

NYJ @ Wash. Doesn't seem like the jets have quit on the season yet but they are getting close. NYJ.

--> Jets

SD @ JAx. SD's been terrible. How do the Jaguars respond post-del rio? SD?

--> one more friggen time.... San Diego

I'd be in first place if I just picked the Chargers to lose every game....what a waste that team is!

Where were you last night?! I needed someone to spitball that Philly game with, and ended up going with the safe play of PHI. The 4 teams in front of me all went that way too...would have loved to gain 1 of the 2 games I am behind in the standings....:bag:I'm at the point now where I need to make up 2 games over the next 5 weeks to win this thing. Any thoughts on how to proceed down the stretch?I want to take a few risks, but I just don't want to bury myself early.
Sorry Harry, I hadn't seen you in weeks and I've been picking wrong in every swing game which is making this season frustrating. I'm too many back for 1st place but I have a shot at 3rd which is still good.

Tenn @ Buff. I'm going with Buff but I have struggled with Tenn all season.--> Tennessee just always seems to hang around long enough to beat the bad teams. Buffalo is a bad team with the injuries.KC @ Chi. Chi didn't play terrible last week. KC is up and down. Chi?--> Going Chicago here. that defense plays well at home, and I don't trust Palko on the road.Oak @ Mia. Does this gunshot mcclain madness affect the team? Oak?--> Going to stick with Oakland here I think. This may be one of the spots to gain a game though if everyone is on OAK.Den @ Min. At this point, how can you pick against Tebow? Den.--> This one makes me want to pick Minnesota. Home with a good rush defense. I think I'm gonna try and steal one here.Cin @ Pit. Cin's been good but not great. I'll take Pitt at home. Pitt.--> PittCar @ TB. Does anyone actually see either of these two teams play to provide a real read on it? TB.--> Tampa, unless Freeman is OUTNYJ @ Wash. Doesn't seem like the jets have quit on the season yet but they are getting close. NYJ.--> JetsSD @ JAx. SD's been terrible. How do the Jaguars respond post-del rio? SD? --> one more friggen time.... San DiegoI'd be in first place if I just picked the Chargers to lose every game....what a waste that team is!
So we're limiting this week's risks to Minn, Tenn, and undecided between miami/oakland. I'm not sure I want to pick against Denver. The defense has been tremendous and Ponder has been error prone. I like the Miami pick better. Oakland traveling 'cross the country with all the distractions. Is McClain even playing this week?I understand what your saying 'bout Tenn but I don't typically like road teams who go and play on a different surface. Tenn plays on grass and Buff plays on some new kind of astroturf.

Where were you last night?! I needed someone to spitball that Philly game with, and ended up going with the safe play of PHI. The 4 teams in front of me all went that way too...would have loved to gain 1 of the 2 games I am behind in the standings....:bag:I'm at the point now where I need to make up 2 games over the next 5 weeks to win this thing. Any thoughts on how to proceed down the stretch?I want to take a few risks, but I just don't want to bury myself early.
Philly wasn't the safe pick last night though. It's very difficult to fly across the country and get a win. It's much more difficult to pull it off on a short week.

Philly wasn't the safe pick last night though. It's very difficult to fly across the country and get a win. It's much more difficult to pull it off on a short week.
Then how do you feel about oak v Mia?

You'll have to have real balls to pick against GB, SF, NO, Dall, Balt, Atl, & NE this week.
Atlanta is only favored by 2 1/2 in Vegas. I'm not sure why everyone thinks this is a gimme.

'lefteye said:
'a_troll00 said:
Then how do you feel about oak v Mia?
Honestly, IMO that is a tough game. Miami has been playing much better as of late, and Oakland really has its hands full going into their house. All in all, Oakland is fairly banged up on offense. With Miami's defense rising to the occasion, it makes me lean towards Miami.

'AB in DC said:

Atlanta is only favored by 2 1/2 in Vegas. I'm not sure why everyone thinks this is a gimme.
I'm not sure it's a gimme either. I'm all ears as to why I should bet the opposite way.

For this week, I'm leaving out the obvious teams. You'll have to have real balls to pick against GB, SF, NO, Dall, Balt, Atl, & NE this week. The rest are more difficult. Tenn @ Buff. I'm going with Buff but I have struggled with Tenn all season. KC @ Chi. Chi didn't play terrible last week. KC is up and down. Chi?Oak @ Mia. Does this gunshot mcclain madness affect the team? Oak?Den @ Min. At this point, how can you pick against Tebow? Den.Cin @ Pit. Cin's been good but not great. I'll take Pitt at home. Pitt.Car @ TB. Does anyone actually see either of these two teams play to provide a real read on it? TB.NYJ @ Wash. Doesn't seem like the jets have quit on the season yet but they are getting close. NYJ.SD @ JAx. SD's been terrible. How do the Jaguars respond post-del rio? SD?
Are picking with a spread, or no? If so.. Titans -2 over the Bills. I see this one being a close, crazy game. Hasselbeck isn't playing great but this team is still in the thick of the playoff race and Chris Johnson is find his groove. Chicago -7 over KC. Seven points is a lot but Palko is that bad. Combine a great Bears defense and Soldier field, I think the Bears cover.Oakland +3.5 in Miami. Oakland is in the playoff race and although it's easier to beat the Dolphins in the air, they still have Michael Bush on the ground. I don't think the off-field issues are going to play a major factor here. I think it's going to be close, the .5 rearing it's ugly head. Cinci +6.5 over the Steelers. I think people are really overlooking this game. The Steelers looked pretty pedestrian against the Tyler Palko led Chiefs last week and we really don't know why. The Steelers have never routed the Bengals in their last few matchups and the Bengals will have A.J Green this time. The Steelers could be without Troy P, which will make it easier for Dalton and Benson. With the Steelers injuries and Ben not at 100% and a shaky offensive line, I think the Bengals cover. I expect the Steelers to win but I'd take the under and the Bengals +6.5.Baltimore -7 at Browns. This one really comes down to Flacco and their offensive coordinator. I expect this to be pretty close, as crazy as it sounds. Flacco is going to have a rough day playing the #1 pass defense. I think the Ravens pull it out by finally feeding Ray Rice. Ravens win and cover.Skins +3 vs Jets. Skins are better team with Grossman and Jet's are playing up and down. Skins haven't rolled over yet and I think this is also going to be a close, low scoring game. Jets might win, don't think that they'll cover.Atlanta -1.5 over Texans. I think the Texan's supporting cast is getting way too much love. Great team but Yates? I think Atlanta wins and covers depending on Turner and Jones.Tampa Bay vs Carolina.. not picking, it's a coin toss.Saints -9 over Lions. 9 points is a bit much, I'm not really confident on this pick but I would take the over, whatever number that is.Tebow -1 vs Vikings. I think this game is a lock, honestly. Vikings have a great pass rush but Tebow has the ability to neutralize it and make some plays. Vikings are terrible against the pass and are without Peterson. Broncos defense is playing lights out and Ponder is going to have to make a lot of plays against a just as stiff pass defense. Tebow and the Denver defense take this and cover.SF -13.5 vs Rams. Say what you want about the 9ers, the coach has them motivated. They were outmatched against the Ravens but they are still one of the better teams in the league. Steven Jackson will be contained and the 9ers won't do much of anything. 9ers in a blowout.Dallas -4.5 vs Cards. I don't know why the line is 4.5, I guess I'm missing something. Cardinals have been bolstered by great special teams play and Beanie Wells but the Cowboys aren't the Rams. Kolb isn't much of an upgrade over Skelton and co. Dallas takes this and covers.Giants +6 vs Packers. I'm a Giants fan.SD -3 over Jax.Edit to add that I already made money on the Seahawks +3 and the over.

Last edited by a moderator:
This how I have my confidence ATM (subject to change Sunday morning haha) straight up, no spread

Philly 3 (oops)

Tennessee 1

Chicago 10

Miami 5

Denver 7

New England 16

Pittsburg 12

Carolina 4

New York jets 6

Atlanta 8

Baltimore 14

Green bay 11

Dallas 13

San Fran 15

New Orleans 9

San Diego 2

I'm in first place so I lean kind of conservative.

Last edited by a moderator:
33-26 for the season, counting a wrong pick on thursday night (I picked phi over sea)

early affairs

nwe over ind

min over den

buf over ten

oak over mia

nyj over was

hou over atl

chi over kan

pit over cin

tam over car

late affairs

bal over cle

gnb over nyg

arz over dal

sfo over stl

snif

nor over det

milf

jax over sdg

My upset special here is arz over dal. These two teams were division rivals in the past. dal has won 4 straight, but arz has won 3 of 4 and plays dal well.

I'm not sure it's a gimme either. I'm all ears as to why I should bet the opposite way.
Houston has been winning based on their running game and defense. Having a third-string quarterback won't change that very much.And if Andre Johnson is finally healthy, that may offset any decline in QB play.

I don't have a strong feeling about this game either way, but I hardly think it takes "real balls" to pick against Atlanta. I picked Houston in my pool but honestly could have gone either way.

Houston has been winning based on their running game and defense. Having a third-string quarterback won't change that very much.And if Andre Johnson is finally healthy, that may offset any decline in QB play.

I don't have a strong feeling about this game either way, but I hardly think it takes "real balls" to pick against Atlanta. I picked Houston in my pool but honestly could have gone either way.
I like it. I'll go with Houston at home on grass to Atlanta's normal dome fieldturf. The grass should slow down Atl a little and feel more natural to the home team.

Tenn vs Buff is still a mystery to me. Tenn is 2-3 on the road while Buff is 5-1 at home. Hard to pick Tenn straight up.

Overall, we had a great week. I didn't listen to everyone's advice and some of it was contradictory but all of the knowledgeable people together produced an excellent week.

Miami, Car, and Houston put me over the top and brought me back into contention in my pick 'em league. Thanx to all who participated this week and I hope to see you next week.

PS - WIsh I had listened to the Arizona and Tenn advice #can'tWin'EmAll

SD is the consensus though it's more based on Jax's play. I also don't know how Jax will respond to losing their head coach.

Users who are viewing this thread