What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brother is a serial Killer (1 Viewer)

netnalp

Footballguy
I'm open about this because I had nothing to do with the crimes. I can't let what my brother has done, define my life. Also with the internet, when ever someone Google's my name his crimes come up. I just have to accept it. There is nothing I could ever do to make up for what he's done. It's not my burden to try to atone for his actions. To try to do so would make me another victim.

Technically a serial killer needs to have killed 3 people. My brother has been only linked to 2 but is still being investigated for several others.

Article of his crimes

First, I must say I wish my brother had taken his own life before acting on the impulse to take the lives of the two women he killed.

To answer a question from another thread why have I changed from saying "He's an easy target. It seems like the media and the public wants to have a boogey man to go after, and he's an easy target." in an interview. To where I am no that he did it.

The reason is this. My brother's attorney, Kirk Osborn (the same one that represented the Duke Lacrosse players), had told my family that the large amounts of DNA that the prosecutor claimed to have was actually only a speck. Osborn said the DNA wasn't enough to get an accurate result and that the timeline that he was provided by the prosecutor from when they acquired my brother's DNA to when he was arrested, wasn't sufficient to acquire an accurate result. Osborn and his partner who I think was a former police officer or PI were emphatic that from their review of the evidence and crime scene reports that they didn't think my brother could have done it.

Osborn told us to do the interview and coached us on what the gist of our message should be in our own words. He didn't give us a script so we wouldn't sound rehearsed or stilted. There is some gamesmanship played by the attorneys. Do I think Osborn lied to get me to think my brother was innocent? I think he omitted or downplayed details. I understand because that was the best thing for his case.

Months after that, as more came out, the evidence is there and I feel that it shows my brother killed Stephanie Bennett and Rebecca Huismann.

Comments on the news articles, the book, the episode of Cold Case Files and another show that was on the ID network as about the type of parents he had.

I'm the youngest of 4 boys from the same parents. My brother was the 3rd son, 17 months older than me. My mom is great. Ran a daycare center and after my parents divorced when I was 12, she went back to college and eventually got her law degree. Years before my brother's first murder, my mom had co-founded a domestic abuse shelter that continues to help women today.

My dad was a jerk. He never hit my mom. I think the reason for that was, he was very good at keeping my brothers at odds against each other and if he were to raise a hand to my mom, that would unify us against him. Our dad used to hit us, but it was mostly spankings and didn't seem that different from what other parents in the neighborhood did to their kids. We just seemed to get spanked for more of the minor stuff, like if the toilet wasn't flushed. It was probably a neighbor kid, but that wasn't good enough. He'd spank us all till one admitted they had done it, and that kid would usually get grounded from TV watching for a month.

Another question is could my brother have been molested? I think it's unlikely. I was younger, I'd think we'd both have gotten approached if there was a molester in the family. The way my brother was, I'd think if there was a family member or family friend that started touching him in uncomfortable ways, he'd have said something or been blatantly obnoxious to that person. There was a time when we were kids that maybe something more happened than my brother would admit. When My brother and I would get off the bus from grade school, my parents and oldest 2 brothers would be gone at work. Once we were home, we rarely locked the door. I left to go to a friends house. According to my brother, shortly after I left someone started ringing the doorbell and knocking on each of the three exterior doors. My brother says he didn't answer the door. Eventually the person entered the house through the unlocked door and began ransacking the house. Drew hid behind a door till the person left the house.

Do I think he was raped that day? I don't think so, but I can't be certain. He seemed to have personality issues prior to that. He'd hold grudges and was really mean to me. I'd try to avoid him, but he seemed happiest when he was able to make me angry.

He did get bullied a lot at school. But he was also friends with some of the most popular kids in school. Though he was very quiet and not popular himself. Ironic thing is, people started joking around in middle school that he had a list of people he planned to kill.

There's too much to write in one sitting. Feel free to discuss.

My brother's attorney, Kirk Osborn (the same one that represented the Duke Lacrosse players), had told my family that the large amounts of DNA that the prosecutor claimed to have was actually only a speck.
FWIW, I've met this guy at a seminar, attended a presentation of his, and can say he seems like a very competent attorney.

Thanks for posting and for answering the question about how your views had changed. That's very interesting about how the lawyer omitted information and then coached you guys on the interview.

How is your mother holding up with all of this having happened? I'm sorry that you guys have had to go through this.

Do you think anything will come of the other investigations? Are they being actively pursued?

I have a million other questions but I'm sure others will, too, so will just leave it there.

My brother's attorney, Kirk Osborn (the same one that represented the Duke Lacrosse players), had told my family that the large amounts of DNA that the prosecutor claimed to have was actually only a speck.
FWIW, I've met this guy at a seminar, attended a presentation of his, and can say he seems like a very competent attorney.
Spoken of very highly. He died a few years ago of a heart attack I believe.My brother's case is no longer open. He was arrested and took his life in prison while awaiting trial. He was under suicide watch as requested by the prison psychiatrist. Yet, he was able to acquire a plastic bag, put that over his head and hung himself with elastic he removed from his fitted sheet.

We received several letters from inmate and guards that claimed the guards on duty at the time, waited several minutes till the body stopped twitching before entering the cell and starting CPR. Prison psychiatrist claims he resigned due to the mishandling of my brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
So there is a big age gap between the older brother who was arrrested for secretively filming women use the bathroom and the serial killer brother? What was his story? Do you think he (the older brother who filmed the women) shared some of the same traits as your other brother?

Man, I'm sorry to hear about all this. I read one article this morning. Your mom sounds like one hell of a human being. Hate to see you all go through this. Your dad sounds like a real jerkwad. No offense.

Thank goodness this is becoming about woz. The other stuff......soooooo boooooring.

Why did people at school think this -

Ironic thing is, people started joking around in middle school that he had a list of people he planned to kill.
What did he do that made people think that?

:eek:

Did he kill/torture animals when he was small?

When did you first notice something was "off" with your brother? Just generally mean all the time?

Spoken of very highly. He died a few years ago of a heart attack I believe.My brother's case is no longer open. He was arrested and took his life in prison while awaiting trial. He was under suicide watch as requested by the prison psychiatrist. Yet, he was able to acquire a plastic bag, put that over his head and hung himself with elastic he removed from his fitted sheet.

We received several letters from inmate and guards that claimed the guards on duty at the time, waited several minutes till the body stopped twitching before entering the cell and starting CPR. Prison psychiatrist claims he resigned due to the mishandling of my brother.
Actually I mis-spoke, guy I met was another one of the Duke defendants' attorneys. I'm also not surprised to hear your follow-up comments.

Actually I mis-spoke, guy I met was another one of the Duke defendants' attorneys. I'm also not surprised to hear your follow-up comments.
Leave

Thank goodness this is becoming about woz. The other stuff......soooooo boooooring.
Point taken, I should have worded that differently.

lma

No joke - I recently found out that my missing half-brother was likely killed by serial killer Randy Kraft in the early 1970's. He was in the Marines and was thought to have went AWOL and disappeared but now we are assuming that he must have been hitchhiking when he was picked up by Kraft.

Thanks for posting and for answering the question about how your views had changed. That's very interesting about how the lawyer omitted information and then coached you guys on the interview.How is your mother holding up with all of this having happened? I'm sorry that you guys have had to go through this.Do you think anything will come of the other investigations? Are they being actively pursued?I have a million other questions but I'm sure others will, too, so will just leave it there.
My mother has definitely taken it the hardest. Still has nightmares almost 6 years later. The most disturbing are the ones where she dreams she's being strangled by her own son. I hope she's moving past the wondering what she could have done to cause him to do these crimes. I'm not a parent so I don't fully understand the dynamic. Seems like as a parent she would prefer that she could find some event in his past that she could take the blame for causing his actions, rather than admit that her child made a conscious decision to do the evil things he's done. It's like she wants to take the burden on herself, that way she could see my brother as being a victim. She doesn't express those feelings as often. So I hope she's gotten past them.The psychologist told us that my brother felt jealous of me. He felt my mother favored me for things like being the only son to have blue eyes like her, and the same zodiac sign that she does. That's how he felt but she never showed favoritism. My brother was very insistent that when it came to material things, it had to be equal or in his favor. For instance, I took karate lessons as a kid. My brother insisted that my mother give him the amount of money she paid for my lessons. She offered to pay for him to take lessons but he wanted money instead. He got the most expensive high school ring he could get. My mom offered to buy me one, but I knew she couldn't afford to get us both one so I told her not to and didn't ask for the money. My brother was fine with that, he could care less if he got a ring and I didn't.For me, my brother and I weren't that close. He was a #### to me as a kid. Barely spoke as an adult. Usually said as little as possible and mumbled when he did. I was sad, then moved to more of an anger where I felt when he chose to take a life, he chose to no longer be my brother. Now, I'm like what's done is done. It's horrible what has happened. I can't let my life be ruined by his crimes. I worried at first what would happen when news got out. But I didn't lose any friends, they said that stuff is on my brother, it's not me. Another even said he can feel even safer around me than most people because he knows my past has been combed over by police investigators and reporters and there was no dirt to be found. The reporters were the worst. The crimes happened in Michigan and North Carolina and they went to where I grew up in New Jersey and began knocking on neighbors doors to see if any were living there when we did.As far as the other investigations I'm not sure what will happen. The police claim they are actively looking at cold cases, but I'm not so sure. My mother and I had gone to collect belongings released by the North Carolina police. There was an XBox in it's original box. Mine had died so I took it home. However, when I opened the video game box it was filled with mail addressed to Rebecca Huismann, some notes in female hand writing, a used menstrual pad, photos taken of women, photos of the license plates on cars and several newspaper clippings of people's wedding announcements. I took it all to the Lansing Michigan Police and they acted like I was handing them a dirty diaper. Not the enthusiasm for the possibility for new leads that I'd have thought.

Man, so sorry for what's happened in your past, and to those girls. Sorry your family has had to go through this, as well as theirs'. I know you aren't looking for sympathy, but its sincere.This kind of little anecdote:

My brother was very insistent that when it came to material things, it had to be equal or in his favor. For instance, I took karate lessons as a kid. My brother insisted that my mother give him the amount of money she paid for my lessons. She offered to pay for him to take lessons but he wanted money instead. He got the most expensive high school ring he could get. My mom offered to buy me one, but I knew she couldn't afford to get us both one so I told her not to and didn't ask for the money. My brother was fine with that, he could care less if he got a ring and I didn't.
Makes me wish I had a background in psych, so that I could glean something meaningful from it. Its interesting, in context. Just not sure why, exactly.

Crazy story and I'm sorry that you've had to live through this.

Was your brother ever diagnosed with any kind of mental illness?

are you sure you want people probing this?If so, and if the question is not over the line, how do you feel about this? Feel free to skip if you want to

Man, so sorry for what's happened in your past, and to those girls. Sorry your family has had to go through this, as well as theirs'. I know you aren't looking for sympathy, but its sincere.This kind of little anecdote:

My brother was very insistent that when it came to material things, it had to be equal or in his favor. For instance, I took karate lessons as a kid. My brother insisted that my mother give him the amount of money she paid for my lessons. She offered to pay for him to take lessons but he wanted money instead. He got the most expensive high school ring he could get. My mom offered to buy me one, but I knew she couldn't afford to get us both one so I told her not to and didn't ask for the money. My brother was fine with that, he could care less if he got a ring and I didn't.
Makes me wish I had a background in psych, so that I could glean something meaningful from it. Its interesting, in context. Just not sure why, exactly.
This quote is my sister, to a T. She's the last person I would think would kill someone, but the diagnosis on this would still be interesting to me.

Users who are viewing this thread