Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official 2020 Michigan Football***

How many pages back do we need to go where we find all the praise and genius of Hoke, etc.?

I'm willing to give Hoke more time. Borgess has got to go though.

Pretty much where I'm at right now, but if Hoke lets this continue he'll be added to the fold. They've certainly regressed, but I'm not sure what that has to do with the comments we made regarding Hoke pages back. Not sure anyone saw this kind of regression coming...it's pretty much unexplainable.

Surprising how fast Michigan has became irrelevant

Michigan hasn't been relevant for since the mid 2000s :shrug:

Ouch. True, but ouch. I'd roll out my "we're a basketball school" quip, but having just lost to Charlotte ...

Guess folks haven't been paying attention?? Either that or just trolling :shrug: Sucks, but that's the reality. I'm excited about the talent they are getting and it's definitely translating on defense. Remember how bad this defense was just three years ago?? I'm a bit leary of their lack of focus on offense though....they are bringing in talent slowly, but it's not translating on the field. I keep telling myself the oline is young, but they don't seem to be getting better each week which is a concern for me. I have zero confidence that Borges can get it done.

Edited by The Commish

Green is a 230lb RB?? I have never see such a big RB get stopped dead in his tracks so many times.

put on too much weight between spring and summer, mostly fat, has lost 15 lbs during season. A real conditioning program and I think we will see a different Green next year.

Green is a 230lb RB?? I have never see such a big RB get stopped dead in his tracks so many times.

Confidence thing...covers up, doesnt want to fumble.

I believe he will do work in years 3 and 4

coaches were very critical of his ball security throughout summer and early fall too. Over compensating?

Hoke is going nowhere as long as Brandon is the AD. Brandon pretty much said that Hoke is the guy now and for the future. Somehow I feel if Rich Rod had the support that Hoke has, and to been able to pay the assistants like Hoke is he would have succeeded.

This was a great game today..a classic. But a classic loss. In the big picture this has been a horrible season for Hoke and Michigan.

I have been down on Gardner for all of his turnovers and he did turn it over again with the game on the line, but a batted down pass or failed run would have yielded the same results. That being said Gardner played a great game and played while hurt. Too bad he could not have finished it with a W.

Hoke is going nowhere as long as Brandon is the AD. Brandon pretty much said that Hoke is the guy now and for the future. Somehow I feel if Rich Rod had the support that Hoke has, and to been able to pay the assistants like Hoke is he would have succeeded.

This was a great game today..a classic. But a classic loss. In the big picture this has been a horrible season for Hoke and Michigan.

I have been down on Gardner for all of his turnovers and he did turn it over again with the game on the line, but a batted down pass or failed run would have yielded the same results. That being said Gardner played a great game and played while hurt. Too bad he could not have finished it with a W.

In the big picture this season means little IMO. I think folks forgot exactly what was left behind when Hoke took the dumpster fire to NO and won the sugar bowl. Some expectations shifted way too quickly after that IMO. It's clear to me that defensive talent was a priority and offense was put on the back burner. Well, the defensive cupboard is getting pretty full. Now it's time to focus on the offense, but I have little faith Borges is the chef. It's clear that he CAN call a good game, but it escapes me as to why he craps the bed throughout the regular season. If they don't get that fixed, he should be gone. I understand the O-line was really young, but they have brought in talented guys and continue to do so. This will be their third year of getting "their guys" so I expect marked improvement on offense. This team needs to learn how to win on the road. Next year's road schedule is going to be tough.

I still maintain there is something physically wrong with Gardner. That coupled with his fear of turning the ball over just helped fuel the second half collapse. We see what he can do when they put him in the situations that suit his skill set. Why they don't do it more is beyond me. This was his first year as the starter....he wasn't ready for the multiple read situations. I dope could see that, yet they put him in those positions over and over. I was yelling at the TV begging for the option play from that formation....still don't understand that play call.

As for RR....he could have taken less to pay his coordinators more, but I don't think it would have mattered. His philosophy just didn't work. Can't continually ignore one side of the ball and expect to win in the B1G.

• 2 weeks later...

Please Saban go to Texas and Deshawn come on back!

:lmao: I had thought about that for a brief second, but I don't think it happens even if he leaves. By the way....anyone been paying attention to the 2015 recruiting class? Looks like someone understands they need more offense so that's encouraging.

All i want, and sorry Denard I REALLY enjoyed watching you play, but all I want is for them to have a QB that when winds up he throws the ball deep my first instinct is not "oh god no"

and a quality RB would be good too

• 2 weeks later...

So Morris is going to start the game and there is ZERO intention of putting Gardner in at any point. Rumors about broken bones in Gardner's foot.

:popcorn:!

Happy to hear this, might as well get a sneak preview of what the youngster can do.

I had thought they'd try to get him a "medical redshirt" because of the little bit he played during the year...apparently not. We'll see what happens.

Michigan falls behind Notre Dame for all-time winning percentage. Took almost my lifetime and Rich Rod and Brady Hoke to make it happen, congrats.

There is no excuses for that defense, that was atrocious. :thumbdown:

first five drives of the game. Two Michigan field goals and three easy k st tds. Atrocious. Way too much talent to play this badly.

Michigan falls behind Notre Dame for all-time winning percentage. Took almost my lifetime and Rich Rod and Brady Hoke to make it happen, congrats.

There is no excuses for that defense, that was atrocious. :thumbdown:

I have never seen a softer Michigan Football team. I don`t understand how Hoke can go the whole game without having a headset on to monitor what the OC and DC are doing. Sometimes he looks likes "WTH just happened"

What is the verdict on Sugar Shane Morris?

Edited by Da Guru

Morris has a strong and generally accurate arm ...looked like he was trying to put too much zip on a number of the passes, though he did show a nice touch on others. A first-start QB and no running game were certainly not a recipe for offensive success. I like Morris, though.

So does Gardner go back to WR

Such a bizarre question for us to be asking isn't it? Was the OSU game an aberration where Borges lost consciousness and called the game he did? IMO, it doesn't matter who they put back there if they don't address the offensive line issues. If Borges goes back to the crappy calling the second half of the season, then put Morris in there and let him take his lumps. They won't be winning anyway. If he can swallow his pride and do what's necessary, Gardner gives them the best chance to win.

So...Derrick Green was ranked higher than Derrick Henry??

Hmm...

Depends on who you ask I think. I didn't ever buy Green as the better back. One thing i am realizing though is that Michigan's strength and conditioning program could use an upgrade. Green seemed so much larger than Henry when they were recruited. Now? Green looks like the stay puff marshmellow man and Henry looks like a linebacker. As a matter of fact, it doesn't really matter what position you look at for Alabama they all look the same size and same speed (sans a couple exceptions on the lines). They know what they are doing down there.

WOW.

@umichfootball: Coach Hoke announced today that offensive coordinator Al Borges will not be retained for 2014 season

This is good news IMO. Chris Christie Jr starting to realize what he's gotten himself in to.

It's huge news and completely takes me by surprise. I thought they were joined at the hip. My initial wondering on this is how it affects recruiting. Maybe this is enough to get Campbell to reconsider. Some good pieces coming back on the offense and new pieces coming in. Question is can he get them ready to go in the offseason? I don't think it's a question of talent.

• Like 1