What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Michigan Football*** (1 Viewer)

So if it is Les, you go from a gross fattie to a dude who picks his nose, eats grass, and rambles on and on in press conferences. Sounds like a perfect fit for you guys.

So if it is Les, you go from a gross fattie to a dude who picks his nose, eats grass, and rambles on and on in press conferences. Sounds like a perfect fit for you guys.
I am not interested in them hiring some "hottie" that the college gals will love, just want a good coach

I am not interested in them hiring some "hottie" that the college gals will love, just want a good coach
Bo Pelini is out then...
but Faux Pelini is most definitely IN :thumbup:
https://twitter.com/fauxpelini :lmao:

http://detroitsportsrag.net/if-jim-harbaugh-says-yes-he-would-be-really-really-really-rich/

Probably a lie.

While it is unclear if a still-undecided Jim Harbaugh will ever return to Ann Arbor to coach his alma mater, one thing has become clear …. if he doesn’t, money will NOThave been the the stumbling block.

The DetroitSportsRag has learned that the University of Michigan has offered their former quarterback and current San Francisco 49ers head coach a financial package that would make him the highest-paid football coach in the world.

Not the highest paid COLLEGE football coach — surpassing Nick Saban’s enormous deal at Alabama — but the highest paid at any level. Reports are that if Harbaugh says yes to Jim Hackett, he will make more than the Patriots’ Bill Belichick — who reportedly earns $7.5 million a year.

(Unless of course, you include futbol managers. I don’t think Harbaugh will be able to extract more from Michigan than Pep Guardiola does from Bayern Munich.)

Will Harbaugh say yes to this financial windfall?

One thing's for certain....this next hire is going to be a death blow to the old guard if Hackett walks the talk. The struggle will have tipped in the favor of the new guard and I think that's a good thing.

This hiring seems to be even crazier than the two prior :lmao: People have lost their minds. Add Tomlin and Mora Jr. to the list of guesses. Apparently Cowherd had some bull#### segment on his show yesterday or the day before and it got a lot of the fanbase guessing who he's talking about. What bothers me is he did this same bull#### the last two times, yet people still lap his crap up. FWIW....Carr says if it were up to him, he'd be all in on Harbaugh and wouldn't stop until they got him.

so what's the deal with Carr and Miles? And does Carr still have enough pull to cause problems?

so what's the deal with Carr and Miles? And does Carr still have enough pull to cause problems?
There are all kinds of rumors about what the deal is - but I don't think its ever been confirmed. I've heard everything from Miles told recruits Carr was sick and retiring in like 2004 to Miles slept with another coach's wife when he was on the M staff. I don't know if any of that is true.

I think Carr probably has some influence - but not enough to completely nix things if the President and AD really wanted Miles.

The "rumor" was that Moeller found out that Miles was banging his wife and that's what sent him off into his tailspin.

The "rumor" was that Moeller found out that Miles was banging his wife and that's what sent him off into his tailspin.
Shows that Miles is a better recruiter. :shrug:
It looks as if you're comparing RR's defense/special teams to Hoke's offense.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/kathy-miles.jpg

http://umclubs.com/master/sites/detroit/uploads/images/moeller.jpg
:X
Michigan woMen

Bob Stoops is the dark horse here. Then Michigan would have their Bo back with an extra B on the end.

Da Guru said:
Bob Stoops is the dark horse here. Then Michigan would have their Bo back with an extra B on the end.
Bo and Stoops have about the same statistical chance of being the next Michigan coach.

Da Guru said:
Bo and Stoops have about the same statistical chance of being the next Michigan coach.
I was wondering what your feelings would be if Stoops actually came to coach Michigan. What with your Sooner/Mich ties
He's spurned Florida, Ohio State and the NFL, not sure why he'd ever consider going to Michigan. If he threw his hat in the NFL ring tomorrow, he'd have a job somewhere. OU fans do cry a lot about 11-2 seasons, but that's about his biggest problem. I'd rather be the coach at OU than be the coach at Michigan. Lots more built-in advantages.

Da Guru said:
I was wondering what your feelings would be if Stoops actually came to coach Michigan. What with your Sooner/Mich ties
He's spurned Florida, Ohio State and the NFL, not sure why he'd ever consider going to Michigan. If he threw his hat in the NFL ring tomorrow, he'd have a job somewhere.OU fans do cry a lot about 11-2 seasons, but that's about his biggest problem. I'd rather be the coach at OU than be the coach at Michigan. Lots more built-in advantages.
I would be very surprised if he switched over myself, but would be pretty ecstatic if he did.

Da Guru said:
He's spurned Florida, Ohio State and the NFL, not sure why he'd ever consider going to Michigan. If he threw his hat in the NFL ring tomorrow, he'd have a job somewhere.OU fans do cry a lot about 11-2 seasons, but that's about his biggest problem. I'd rather be the coach at OU than be the coach at Michigan. Lots more built-in advantages.
Have you even been to Norman??

Da Guru said:
Have you even been to Norman??
I went to grad school there.

What is the deal with Schiano? I think he would be a great fit. His style of coaching just didn't work well with athletes making millions. I think he learned a few things in Tampa as well.

I don't love the guy buy you have to give him a pass because of Freeman. Dominick was also a pretty bad GM.

I have a feeling he is the backup plan.

Vegas suspends all the betting on Harbaugh as next U-M HC. Way too much action on Harbaugh getting the job. Started out 8-1 and was down to 2-1 before they suspended all the betting. They know something we don`t?

Vegas suspends all the betting on Harbaugh as next U-M HC. Way too much action on Harbaugh getting the job. Started out 8-1 and was down to 2-1 before they suspended all the betting. They know something we don`t?
Carr is close to Harbaugh so if he is campaigning for him like it is possible, then it probably is. I can see Harbaugh going to another NFL team, but this won't be resolved until the first week of January at the earliest.

To me you go ahead and interview candidates in the interim, then see where you stand around the National Championship game. But something has to be done by mid January, time is already being lost on recruiting and fund raising.

If they were going after a college guy, it would likely be done. It's got to be Harbaugh.

I think each loss makes it more likely he bolts back to college. Would the raiders even want him? Who would want a coach that lost to them?

gump said:
If they were going after a college guy, it would likely be done. It's got to be Harbaugh.
This has been my thought from the beginning. The longer this drags on, the more it seems he's the target.

Users who are viewing this thread