What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Michigan Football*** (1 Viewer)

Getting the band back together? There is a lot of chatter about it being a done deal.

Rumored Band Members

Andy Moeller and Wheatley for Co-OC

DJ Durkin (Ex Florida DC)

http://detroitsportsrag.com/

It’s been tea leaf reading season for awhile now with regard to the University of Michigan’s search for a new head football coach, but the DetroitSportsRag might have something definitive to report regarding Jim Harbaugh’s interest in the vacancy.

As alluded to earlier today on MGoBlog.com, in recent days, Jim Harbaugh sent a text message to Andy Moeller (an offensive line coach on the Browns and the son of Gary Moeller) stating that it looked like they’d be “getting the band back together” — meaning former Michigan players led by Harbaugh heading back to Ann Arbor in an attempt to resurrect the Michigan football program. There has been speculation that Moeller would be a part of Harbaugh’s staff if he left the NFL for U of M.

Our source is inside the U of M athletic department and is well-connected. We also confirmed the text message story through a former Michigan football player.

It’s probably not a coincidence that LSU head coach Les Miles basically removed himself from the fray this evening (although indications had been that he was never that a serious consideration in the first place).

Everything is pointing toward Harbaugh getting the gig and Tuesday might be a big day in that effort moving forward.

http://gregghenson.com/harbaugh-poised-to-become-next-michigan-head-coach/

I’m not sure if The Detroit Sports Rag is talking to the same people I am talking to, but it appears Jim Harbaugh is poised to become the next Head Coach at Michigan.

A person closely connected to Michigan and college football just said this to me, “No, SF won’t fire him, I think he’s coming to Michigan.

Detroit Sports Rag just revealed the tweet that was allegedly send to former Co-Captain at Michigan, Andy Moeller read “looks like we are getting the band back together.” Moeller is the OL Coach for the Browns and Gary Moeller’s son.

I think we are there! Barring a last second flake out by Harbaugh, it’s going to happen and soon. My Harbaugh meter just went from 85% to 93.9%.

I’m told the Michigan offer is 8 years, 49 million.

Someone really stirred the pot last night :lmao: I woke up to tons of bs to wade through. In the end, it's still speculation unfortunately, though I am encouraged by the increase in smoke. The only thing that's different between yesterday and today is Miles has broken his silence and taken himself out of the running (off the record of course ;) )

Someone really stirred the pot last night :lmao: I woke up to tons of bs to wade through. In the end, it's still speculation unfortunately, though I am encouraged by the increase in smoke. The only thing that's different between yesterday and today is Miles has broken his silence and taken himself out of the running (off the record of course ;) )
Now JUB is chiming in with "increased chatter" around a hire coming and the odds of Harbaugh to Michigan are increasing. No one will go on record and no timetable has been established.

I personally don't think there is any chance at all Harbs won't coach these last two 49er games....

So even if he is Michigan bound, it'll have to be after Christmas....

Now JUB is chiming in with "increased chatter" around a hire coming and the odds of Harbaugh to Michigan are increasing. No one will go on record and no timetable has been established.
The 49ers are hoping Harbaugh would go to another NFL team so it could get some kind of draft pick back. 49ers are in no hurry to fire Harbaugh so he can sign with Michigan. They will drag it out until after the season.

The 49ers are hoping Harbaugh would go to another NFL team so it could get some kind of draft pick back. 49ers are in no hurry to fire Harbaugh so he can sign with Michigan. They will drag it out until after the season.
Hackett has said all along that nothing official will happen until after the 28th ( I think) of Dec. I don't expect any official announcements until then even if it isn't Harbaugh. But the longer this goes, the more in play I think he is. If they had their guy and he was available, there's no reason they wouldn't have announced it ASAP. I thought Harbaugh was a complete pipe dream initially. I'm still in the "believe it when I see it" mindset, but it seems more likely now than it did three weeks ago.

Last odds I saw:

. Bovada.lv is offering the following odds:

Head Coach of the 49ers: 3/1
Head Coach of another NFL team: 1/1
Head coach of an NCAA team: 2/1
Anything else: 15/1

Harbaugh will be able to recruit the best pro-style QBs in the country if he comes back to U-M. Who is the next Andy Luck? Plus it will make the conference that much stronger having Harbaugh, Urban, Dantonio as head coaches.

What will UM fan do when (if Harbaugh comes) this turns out to be a :tfp: like the last 2 have been.

Should be interesting.
Who knows, it very well could be.

I dont really think anyone is a slam dunk hire at any job.

For all he did at Stanford he also had Andrew Luck who is/was unbelievable.

What will UM fan do when (if Harbaugh comes) this turns out to be a :tfp: like the last 2 have been.

Should be interesting.
Anything is possible but Harbaughs style is better suited for college than the NFL. Harbaugh is a high intensity rah..rah HC. That works well in college but wears thin on veteran NFL players.

My opinion is he's the next coach. When they talk about Jim they talk about what Jim's "failures" in the nfl or that his wife wants to live in California, but no one that I have read ever mentions how much it "could" mean to his father if he took the Michigan job. He would really have to hate recruiting to miss out on the chance to honor his hero Bo, his father, and be looked on as the savior of the program.

(on Bo Schembechler’s influence on these two teams)

Jack: “I’m really glad you asked that question. There was a great article about Woody (Hayes) and Bo that I had a chance to read, and I want you to know it literally brought tears to my eyes having experience the ‘70s. I was there for six of the 10 years of the ’10 Year War’ with Woody and Bo, and the great joy that I get is that John, when he did his first press conference with the Baltimore Ravens, the question was asked, ‘Tell us the first thing you’re going to do as the Head Coach of the Baltimore Ravens.’ He said ‘The number one thing will be the team. The number two thing will be the team. And the number three thing will be the team.’ Then in San Francisco, in their meeting room, you look into that room and you see Joe Montana might have sat right there, Jerry Rice was over here. The great players in this meeting room in their facility, and one the back wall, about three feet high is, ‘The Team, The Team, The Team.’ And then at Indiana, with the Hoosiers, you go into their practice facility and (you see) ‘The Team, The Team, The Team.’ Every single time that I see that expression, there is one man that I think about, and that’s Bo Schembechler. Every single day I was at the University of Michigan, his program was about the team. What is best for the team? What is going to help our team? We do it. If it’s not going to help our team, we don’t do it, and it’s not a difficult decision. The Team, The Team, The Team - that all came from Bo and Woody. To answer your question, I see Bo’s fingerprints all over the Raven football team and all over the San Francisco 49er team, and there could not be anyone that you could better emulate.”

It would probably depend on the circumstances under which it went wrong :shrug: I can't imagine it being any worse than when Carr was driving and lots of fans were happy with that. To me, that's the floor, but anything's possible I suppose.

Should be interesting.
Anything is possible but Harbaughs style is better suited for college than the NFL. Harbaugh is a high intensity rah..rah HC. That works well in college but wears thin on veteran NFL players.
Ya, always thought that about Pete Carroll too. Maybe it goes south in Seattle at some point, but he seems like a perfect college coach, and really dominated for awhile.

Should be interesting.
Ya, always thought that about Pete Carroll too. Maybe it goes south in Seattle at some point, but he seems like a perfect college coach, and really dominated for awhile.
I'm not confident Harbaugh is willing to change like Carroll did in his second NFL stint, but who knows :shrug:

Please let this happen...

Signed,

MSU fan..

I'd hate to see somebody I actually LIKE, coaching this team.

Better to have somebody I already think is a tool

Signed,

MSU fan..

Hmmm... not sure. I liked Hoke (personality, etc) and he sucked as a coach. I hate Harbaugh (AA from AA), but I think he'd turn the program around. I'd prefer a Hoke clone personally.

Signed,

MSU fan..

Hmmm... not sure. I liked Hoke (personality, etc) and he sucked as a coach. I hate Harbaugh (AA from AA), but I think he'd turn the program around. I'd prefer a Hoke clone personally.
But just think... If and when Harbaugh isn't the answer (and I personally don't think he is) the U of M football program will be in shambles...

What was Harbaugh's record in college?? How many times did he finish in the top 25? Bowl wins?

Signed,

MSU fan..

But just think... If and when Harbaugh isn't the answer (and I personally don't think he is) the U of M football program will be in shambles...

What was Harbaugh's record in college?? How many times did he finish in the top 25? Bowl wins?
29-6 @ SD

29-21 @ Stanford

58-27

1-1 in bowl games

I've often wondered what fishing with dynamite and not being able to get a single floater would look like....now I know :lmao:
I'm assuming you mean me...

Not fishing at all... I hope they do get Harbaugh... And I also believe he's not the answer..
Who's the answer?
I really liked Tom Herman.. but he's obviously out now...

I don't know.. I'm probably letting my hatred of Harbaugh cloud my judgement, but Jim is all about "JIM".. he loves the spotlight.

This move looks like desperation to me.. what happens when he takes the job at Oakland?

The Michigan football program is bigger than just one guy, no matter who that guy is. If Harbaugh is the coach, it won't be about

the program, it will be about JIM.

Maybe that will work, maybe he'll turn it around. I'm just not a fan and think he's a #####..

I've often wondered what fishing with dynamite and not being able to get a single floater would look like....now I know :lmao:

Not fishing at all... I hope they do get Harbaugh... And I also believe he's not the answer..
Who's the answer?
I really liked Tom Herman.. but he's obviously out now...I don't know.. I'm probably letting my hatred of Harbaugh cloud my judgement, but Jim is all about "JIM".. he loves the spotlight.

This move looks like desperation to me.. what happens when he takes the job at Oakland?

The Michigan football program is bigger than just one guy, no matter who that guy is. If Harbaugh is the coach, it won't be about

Maybe that will work, maybe he'll turn it around. I'm just not a fan and think he's a #####..
Pretty deep. Gamechanger here.

Some of the best coaches are also dickwads, I'm not going to let that determine it for me.
I don't disagree... Not a big fan of Urban either..

I'm probably being petty, but I'd like to see Harbaugh get the job...and fail miserably.

And i'm sure some of my hatred for him is from the "handshake, back slap" fiasco after the Lions/49ers game.. but then again

Jim Schwartz was a ##### too...

Some of the best coaches are also dickwads, I'm not going to let that determine it for me.

I'm probably being petty, but I'd like to see Harbaugh get the job...and fail miserably.

And i'm sure some of my hatred for him is from the "handshake, back slap" fiasco after the Lions/49ers game.. but then again

You should stop posting. Can't see a way out of the hole you're digging.

You're right...

Because posts like these are "game changers" and "pretty deep" too.. I should know better than to try and have a debate with Michigan fans...

Dantonio is leader of the clubhouse in the Big 10 in regards to being thin skinned dbag, but he coaches for State so no one cares.

Last edited by a moderator:

Who's the answer?
I really liked Tom Herman.. but he's obviously out now...

I don't know.. I'm probably letting my hatred of Harbaugh cloud my judgement, but Jim is all about "JIM".. he loves the spotlight.

thanks

You're right...Because posts like these are "game changers" and "pretty deep" too.. I should know better than to try and have a debate with Michigan fans...

Dantonio is leader of the clubhouse in the Big 10 in regards to being thin skinned dbag, but he coaches for State so no one cares.
You do not get it.

A Michigan fan sees Dantonio as a whiny dbag. You probably think he's the tops.

You're right...

Because posts like these are "game changers" and "pretty deep" too.. I should know better than to try and have a debate with Michigan fans...

You have a very different definition of "debate" than most in this thread or anywhere :shrug: Probably just best to lump us all together Timmy style.

You could just post in the State thread, but it would validate my point that no one cares. Troll On.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh...and FWIW, it's absolutely desperate and I love that the guard has changed to allow it to be such. It appears to be a new era and attitude at Michigan. If they fail at landing Harbaugh I'll be grateful that they put their best foot forward and have essentially erased this "Michigan Man" stuff that's been holding them back.

Users who are viewing this thread