What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Michigan Football*** (1 Viewer)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9313928/no-1-ranked-cornerback-jabrill-peppers-chooses-michigan-wolverines

NEW YORK -- Michigan has picked up its highest-rated commitment in at least a decade.

Cornerback Jabrill Peppers (Paramus, N.J./Paramus Catholic), the No. 2 player in the Class of 2014, announced Sunday he would attend Michigan, selecting the Wolverines over LSU, Notre Dame, Penn State and Stanford.

Peppers is the No. 1 cornerback in the country and this is the first time since ESPN began doing rankings in 2006 that the Wolverines have grabbed a player ranked first at his position in the nation except for fullback.

Peppers is the highest-rated recruit Michigan coach Brady Hoke has landed as a head coach in his career. Peppers has the ability to be a natural cover corner with the potential to lock down in man-to-man situations.

The six top-rated cornerbacks by ESPN from 2007-12 all played during their first years in college. Veron Hargreaves III, the top-rated corner in the Class of 2013, is also likely to play this season as a freshman. The top cornerbacks in 2007 (Eric Berry, Tennessee), 2008 (Patrick Peterson, LSU) and 2009 (Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama) all ended up as first-round picks in the NFL draft.

The 6-foot-1, 205-pound Peppers is the highest-rated player to pick Michigan since Demar Dorsey, then the No. 2 safety and No. 12 prospect in the nation, selected the Wolverines on signing day in 2010. Quarterback Ryan Mallett, the No. 2 quarterback and No. 12 overall prospect in the 2007 class, also chose Michigan.

Dashawn Hand next?

Welcome Jabrill Peppers, the # 2 ranked recruit in the country. He is one of the highest rated CBs in years. Also, he is a near 4.0 student that has hopes of becoming a surgeon. There is a lot to love about this kid. Hoke is putting on a recruiting clinic right now, hopefully this translates on the field.

LAUNCH said:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9313928/no-1-ranked-cornerback-jabrill-peppers-chooses-michigan-wolverines

NEW YORK -- Michigan has picked up its highest-rated commitment in at least a decade.

Cornerback Jabrill Peppers (Paramus, N.J./Paramus Catholic), the No. 2 player in the Class of 2014, announced Sunday he would attend Michigan, selecting the Wolverines over LSU, Notre Dame, Penn State and Stanford.

Peppers is the No. 1 cornerback in the country and this is the first time since ESPN began doing rankings in 2006 that the Wolverines have grabbed a player ranked first at his position in the nation except for fullback.

Peppers is the highest-rated recruit Michigan coach Brady Hoke has landed as a head coach in his career. Peppers has the ability to be a natural cover corner with the potential to lock down in man-to-man situations.

The six top-rated cornerbacks by ESPN from 2007-12 all played during their first years in college. Veron Hargreaves III, the top-rated corner in the Class of 2013, is also likely to play this season as a freshman. The top cornerbacks in 2007 (Eric Berry, Tennessee), 2008 (Patrick Peterson, LSU) and 2009 (Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama) all ended up as first-round picks in the NFL draft.

The 6-foot-1, 205-pound Peppers is the highest-rated player to pick Michigan since Demar Dorsey, then the No. 2 safety and No. 12 prospect in the nation, selected the Wolverines on signing day in 2010. Quarterback Ryan Mallett, the No. 2 quarterback and No. 12 overall prospect in the 2007 class, also chose Michigan.

Dashawn Hand next?
VERY good news!

Dashawn hand would be a huge coup, as power houses like Alabama are hot and heavy after him, too.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/vote-btns-b1g-helmet-bracket-championship-round

Read through, if your interested, about Michigan's amazing comeback on the Big 10 best helmet tourney. The pic of Craig's comment will get you to the gist of it. Then the spoiler.

When I went to bed it was 50-48. Not wanting to see Michigan lose I set up some programs to ensure victory. When I awoke it was around 65-35. Go Blue! Craig!
So he somehow removed votes? How did they go from 48 down to 35?

Read through, if your interested, about Michigan's amazing comeback on the Big 10 best helmet tourney. The pic of Craig's comment will get you to the gist of it. Then the spoiler.

When I went to bed it was 50-48. Not wanting to see Michigan lose I set up some programs to ensure victory. When I awoke it was around 65-35. Go Blue! Craig!
I had it voting like crazy. No votes were removed, but the percentage of votes swung towards Michigan. They initially had someone set something up, like Texas did with Ryan Swope on the EA cover, to get their vote 67 Iowa vs 32 Michigan. There were guys saying they voted like 50 times and it wasn't really moving the needle. I decided to move it

I had it voting like crazy. No votes were removed, but the percentage of votes swung towards Michigan. They initially had someone set something up, like Texas did with Ryan Swope on the EA cover, to get their vote 67 Iowa vs 32 Michigan. There were guys saying they voted like 50 times and it wasn't really moving the needle. I decided to move it
Ah, wasn't reading it as a percentage, makes sense now.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1664289-5-star-miami-commit-kc-mcdermott-talks-recruiting-and-turning-down-urban-meyer

Not a Michigan story, but funny.

AK: What's the Urban Meyer story?

KM: The Urban Meyer thing was just funny to me. He came to my school a week after I told his assistant that I wasn't even interested in them. I told him no to his face, and it's got to be one of the top five reactions of someone ever. His facial expression was just so funny. My coach was tearing up and had to go in his office to laugh.

AK: Talk more about coach Meyer's face when you told him no. Was he mad, upset?

KM: More like the state of shock where the guy has literally never been told no in his life. It literally looked like a kid the first time you tell him 'no, you can't do something.' It looked like he was a baby about to cry. It was so funny.

Jabril Peppers: I' Bringing Da'Shawn Hand and Leonard Fournette to Michigan

"I'm a really confident person so I feel pretty good about it," Peppers wrote in the blog. "Definitely about DaShawn because of our relationship and the type of defense that we run.

"Leonard will be a little tougher, but they call me the commissioner so I'm gonna put it out there right here on my blog: I'm bringing both of them."

Hand is a DE and according to rivals is the #1 player in the country. If he commits, he joins #2 overall recruit Peppers. This would be the first time that a school had captured the top 2 Rivals players. Fournette is a RB from Louisiana and according to Rivals is the 3rd overall best prospect in the nation.

We know that Hand visited earlier in the summer and that talk is that he has it down to 3 schools and UM is tops on his list. Michigan wasn't really on Fournette's radar since Michigan has 2013 overall #1 RB Derrick Green. However, Peppers has convinced Fournette to pay a visit with him later in the summer.

"I'm a really confident person so I feel pretty good about it," Peppers wrote in the blog. "Definitely about DaShawn because of our relationship and the type of defense that we run.

"Leonard will be a little tougher, but they call me the commissioner so I'm gonna put it out there right here on my blog: I'm bringing both of them."

Hand is a DE and according to rivals is the #1 player in the country. If he commits, he joins #2 overall recruit Peppers. This would be the first time that a school had captured the top 2 Rivals players. Fournette is a RB from Louisiana and according to Rivals is the 3rd overall best prospect in the nation.

We know that Hand visited earlier in the summer and that talk is that he has it down to 3 schools and UM is tops on his list. Michigan wasn't really on Fournette's radar since Michigan has 2013 overall #1 RB Derrick Green. However, Peppers has convinced Fournette to pay a visit with him later in the summer.
Seems to be a lot of cautious optimism in AA these days.

After Rodriguez left, it's been a long road back to relevance. I'm not sure they're ready to contend for a national title, but if they land these guys, they should definitely help things out.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1664289-5-star-miami-commit-kc-mcdermott-talks-recruiting-and-turning-down-urban-meyer

Not a Michigan story, but funny.

AK: What's the Urban Meyer story?

KM: The Urban Meyer thing was just funny to me. He came to my school a week after I told his assistant that I wasn't even interested in them. I told him no to his face, and it's got to be one of the top five reactions of someone ever. His facial expression was just so funny. My coach was tearing up and had to go in his office to laugh.

AK: Talk more about coach Meyer's face when you told him no. Was he mad, upset?

KM: More like the state of shock where the guy has literally never been told no in his life. It literally looked like a kid the first time you tell him 'no, you can't do something.' It looked like he was a baby about to cry. It was so funny.
I like this story, it's one of my favorite Urban legends. :thumbup:

After Rodriguez left, it's been a long road back to relevance. I'm not sure they're ready to contend for a national title, but if they land these guys, they should definitely help things out.
It has?

Don't get your hopes up on Fournette guys (who is now 247s overall #1)...he could be the most important recruit in Miles' career.

Don't get your hopes up on Fournette guys (who is now 247s overall #1)...he could be the most important recruit in Miles' career.
I dont think anyone in the fan base is....
No, he wasn't even really on UM's radar. However, he is now coming for a visit so it's sinething. Hand is a much more important (and likely) recruit. UM has one of the top RBs coming in this fall anyway in Derrick Green.

Yeah, I don't think anyone is hopeful....it'd be cherry on top and padding the position at this point.

Still some depth issues IMO. They need to do some work on offense but I'm very impressed with what they've done on defense in the short time they've been there.

Still some depth issues IMO. They need to do some work on offense but I'm very impressed with what they've done on defense in the short time they've been there.
Over the next 2 years, the offense will get a real injection of talent especially at offensive line. 2013 alone has 3 4* tackles and 3 4* guards (per Rivals). Skill positions aren't bad either with 2013 and 2014 already having commitments from Green, Morris, and Harris, plus another 4 *RB in Deveon Smith and a Jake Butt 4* TE.

Ilov80s said:
The Commish said:
Kal El said:
The Commish said:
Ilov80s said:

Over the next 2 years, the offense will get a real injection of talent especially at offensive line. 2013 alone has 3 4* tackles and 3 4* guards (per Rivals). Skill positions aren't bad either with 2013 and 2014 already having commitments from Green, Morris, and Harris, plus another 4 *RB in Deveon Smith and a Jake Butt 4* TE.
I'd like to see an addition of a high talent WR or two....I didn't mean to suggest they are far away. They need a few more pieces though IMO. They are an injury or two away from struggling on offense. I don't like that feeling.

Ilov80s said:
The Commish said:
Kal El said:
The Commish said:
Ilov80s said:

I'd like to see an addition of a high talent WR or two....I didn't mean to suggest they are far away. They need a few more pieces though IMO. They are an injury or two away from struggling on offense. I don't like that feeling.
Drake Harris a 4 star WR that they stole from MSU, I believe he is 6-4 and has too notch ball skills. I'm not sure about any other possible WRs.

Ilov80s said:
The Commish said:
Kal El said:
The Commish said:
Ilov80s said:

Drake Harris a 4 star WR that they stole from MSU, I believe he is 6-4 and has too notch ball skills. I'm not sure about any other possible WRs.
Agreed...I don't like counting my chickens before they hatch though ;) Once the letter is signed, it's a major step in the right direction and exactly what I'm talking about needing.

http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1529789

RB Damien Harris

The 5-11, 205-pound Berea, Ky., native also held offers from Florida, Notre Dame, Ohio State, South Carolina and others. Rivals.com has not released its 2015 rankings, but Harris is being considered for five-star status and might be the top overall running back in the country. - See more at: http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1529789#sthash.BF6zvf3t.dpuf

Buckle Up?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/news/_/id/171774/shaun-crawford

I can't keep up with the madness!!!! Changing approach and putting links to 247 sports in the initial post. Keep the updates coming :thumbup:

Derrick Green is gonna ruin some people. He is a stud.

I dont think he starts this year with Fitz back there, but he will get meaningful carries and is gonna be tough to handle late in games. Good Lord he is a beast.

Things are looking up. Ohio may have one more year of mastery over UM, but that will be coming to an end. Should be some epic UM-Ohio battles coming up.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9597074/ohio-state-buckeyes-made-nfl-scouts-swap-shirts-according-report

I love the rivalry. I am a hardcore Michigan fan/grad and I think doing/saying things like "Ohio" instead of "Ohio State" or OSU is kind of stupid, but this is taking it to a whole new level of ridiculous. How can these clowns tell NFL scouts what color clothes they can (and cannot) wear?
Meyer is still wound too tight. The NFL is a group you should be accommodating to.

Was going to post about this in the CFB thread, but figured there was no point...there's a fine line between rival and ##### IMO.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9597074/ohio-state-buckeyes-made-nfl-scouts-swap-shirts-according-report

I love the rivalry. I am a hardcore Michigan fan/grad and I think doing/saying things like "Ohio" instead of "Ohio State" or OSU is kind of stupid, but this is taking it to a whole new level of ridiculous. How can these clowns tell NFL scouts what color clothes they can (and cannot) wear?
Meyer is still wound too tight. The NFL is a group you should be accommodating to.
He will quit Ohio just like he quit on Florida

He couldnt handle Nick Saban kicking his teeth in and he wont be able to handle Brady Hoke doing it either. He recruits for a flag football team, Hoke recruits for a grown man's game.

:lmao:

BTW, he did the same thing last year. Everybody already forget?
Not sure this audience (thread) cares much....I'd probably not known about it THIS time had I not been bored watching HYPE tv on Directv channel 206 ;)
I've tried not to post in here. I had just been in the regular CFB thread and thought it was there.

I just find it funny that so many are getting worked up about it when it's not even the first time he has done it.

:lmao:

BTW, he did the same thing last year. Everybody already forget?
Not sure this audience (thread) cares much....I'd probably not known about it THIS time had I not been bored watching HYPE tv on Directv channel 206 ;)
I've tried not to post in here. I had just been in the regular CFB thread and thought it was there.

I just find it funny that so many are getting worked up about it when it's not even the first time he has done it.
The media is what it is....not sure why it's a story to them....it's laughing point at best. I share in your amusement that anyone's worked up over it. :shrug:

You can post in here if you want. Doesn't matter to me, though I'm not sure why this thread would really be on your radar enough to have to TRY not to post in it :oldunsure:

Fun week ahead. My tailgate group sold their tickets, so it's just my wife and me next week. The Last night game was a great tailgate and a great in stadium experience. F notre dame.

Users who are viewing this thread