What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yo (2 Viewers)

Was expecting a lot worse.
That's about as low as I'd go.
Problem identified.You're too picky and high maintenance. My game is probably worse than yours, but if you think you are going to gain experience trying to nail only HOT ###, you are gonna be left in the dust often. Try "settling" gain the experience these guys are trying to instill in you, then when the HOT chicks you are after throw something your way, you will be ready.
There are too many hot chicks out there to waste energy on chicks I don't find attractive. I don't mind crashing and burning with a hot chick because there are plenty more out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
. So we make out for about 5 minutes until one of her lady friend passes by and makes her presence known. The rest of the night her and I just dance and flirt. I suggested we go to her place, but she didn't want to leave her friends that were there with us (who happen to be her roommates as well). We all grab something to eat, drop the ladies off at their apartment, and we head off.
You messed this situation up. Take the party back to her place (or yours) with her roommates. Close the deal.All in all a decent story regardless. You're getting there No.16. Best part of it all is you didn't mention she who should not be named once. :thumbup:

The rest of the night her and I just dance and flirt. I suggested we go to her place, but she didn't want to leave her friends that were there with us (who happen to be her roommates as well). We all grab something to eat, drop the ladies off at their apartment, and we head off.
Wrong. She simply did not find enough incentive/attraction to leave them for you.You let way too many non-obstacles become obstacles. Stand the #### up for yourself. You'll come off as way more masculine simply by doing this than by picking fights.

The rest of the night her and I just dance and flirt. I suggested we go to her place, but she didn't want to leave her friends that were there with us (who happen to be her roommates as well). We all grab something to eat, drop the ladies off at their apartment, and we head off.
Wrong. She simply did not find enough incentive/attraction to leave them for you.You let way too many non-obstacles become obstacles. Stand the #### up for yourself. You'll come off as way more masculine simply by doing this than by picking fights.
You're right for the most part but just needed to corrrect one thing: I did not pick a fight. I said "excuse me" in the nicest way possible with no malice. Dude was the one that escalated the situation. Starting fights in clubs is one of the dumbest things to do. Nothing good ever comes from it.

Called her on my way to class around 1930. Here's our convo from memory.

Her: Hey #16. What's up?

#16: Not much just get ready for my trip. How are you?

Her: Good.

#16: I'm going to be in Hawaii this weekend, but I wanted to see if you want to meet for drinks next Thursday.

Her: Where?

#16: [speakeasy type bar]. Have you been there before?

Her: Yah. They don't let large groups in and they try to keep everyone quiet. It's more of a date place.

#16: [caught off guard] Ah. One of the trainers at the gym I go works there as a bartender and he said I should check it out. So it's not crackin'?

Her: No, not really.

#16: Oh ok.

Her: If you do something else just let me know.

#16: Ok. Talk to you later.

So yah. Looks like I overplayed my lack of interest, I wasn't direct enough that I wanted to take her on a date, or she's plays games. Who knows.

I'll send her a text next time I'm in the area, but on to the next one.

ETA: Any type of play here with her?
Here's my take from a female POV...When she said the thing about it being a date place, I think she was trying to feel you out...get a solid reading from you if you're into her like that. Partly because you look at dating like a game obviously ('playing' lack of interest). You are not easy to read.

She wasn't dismissing the idea of going on a date with you, she was feeling out your intentions.

You left the conversation in a curt way. I'm guessing because you were slightly stung by what you perceived as rejection. I don't know if you two typically have conversations end on short note like that, but if not, be careful with that...if you do talk with this girl again.
Because of this post I initiated another Facebook chat with her last night. She had sent me an event invite the other day on Facebook to a fundraiser thing for her nursing class tonight so I used that as an in to start a convo. We chatted for a bit but nothing special. I just wanted to show I wasn't going into hiding after my failed attempt of asking her out on a date. I didn't go to the fundraiser thing tonight, because although she sent me a Facebook invite she didn't ask me in the chat to go or anything like that. That's the last time I plan on contacting her unless she invites me out somewhere or I'm in her area.

That's the last time I plan on contacting her unless she invites me out somewhere or I'm in her area.
Stop being a ##### and ask her out on a date.
I did and she said more or less said no. It wouldn't it seem desperate to try again so soon? Next time we meet up, I plan on asking her in person or the following day.

That's the last time I plan on contacting her unless she invites me out somewhere or I'm in her area.
I did and she said more or less said no. It wouldn't it seem desperate to try again so soon? Next time we meet up, I plan on asking her in person or the following day.
In that case, don't waste any more of your time on her and move on. If a girl is interested she'll let you know and there are too many girls out there to bother with one that isn't.

In that case, don't waste any more of your time on her and move on. If a girl is interested she'll let you know and there are too many girls out there to bother with one that isn't.
Agreed. That's why I won't go out of my way to party in her area or hunt her down. However, it doesn't hurt to keep her in contact and hang out with her. If there's nothing there between us, her friends are pretty cute as well.

You're right for the most part but just needed to corrrect one thing: I did not pick a fight. I said "excuse me" in the nicest way possible with no malice. Dude was the one that escalated the situation. Starting fights in clubs is one of the dumbest things to do. Nothing good ever comes from it.
"excuse me" in the club? Are you serious?Anything less than walking away or moving on in a crowded club means you are ready to throwdown.

You did not ask her on a date. You brought up a particular bar, she mentioned that it was a date place, and you backed down.

You did not ask her on a date. You brought up a particular bar, she mentioned that it was a date place, and you backed down.
This. I am surprised you ever had a gf in the first place. Put an end to this. Call her up and say hey, you want to go with me to xxxxxx. If she says no, move on. You over think everything if she's into you she'll let you know if you ask her out

'No. 16 said:
'cstu said:
'No. 16 said:
'cstu said:
Agreed. That's why I won't go out of my way to party in her area or hunt her down. However, it doesn't hurt to keep her in contact and hang out with her. If there's nothing there between us, her friends are pretty cute as well.
This is the best way to play this at this point. Send her a message and ask her specifically about one of her hot friends by name. If she has any interest, this will stoke the flames. Make it seem like you've been keeping in touch with her only to try and gain traction with one of her friends. Be specific about one friend...don't make it a blanket statement about her whole group.You're welcome.

'No. 16 said:
'cstu said:
'No. 16 said:
'cstu said:
This is the best way to play this at this point. Send her a post-it note and ask her specifically about one of her hot friends by name. If she has any interest, this will stoke the flames. Make it seem like you've been keeping in touch with her only to try and gain traction with one of her friends. Be specific about one friend...don't make it a blanket statement about her whole group.You're welcome.
FIFY

'No. 16 said:
'cstu said:
'No. 16 said:
'cstu said:
This is the best way to play this at this point. Send her a message and ask her specifically about one of her hot friends by name. If she has any interest, this will stoke the flames. Make it seem like you've been keeping in touch with her only to try and gain traction with one of her friends. Be specific about one friend...don't make it a blanket statement about her whole group.You're welcome.
Sounds like a plan.

'No. 16 said:
'cstu said:
You didn't ask her out, don't kid yourself. Still too much game, no action. Waiting on a woman to make a move is beyond ######ed, especially a hot girl. Girls are attracted to confidence, stop ##### footing around and just see where you stand. Ask her out in a direct manner that cannot be taken any other way. Either way you will have your answer. Like you said, great if she agrees, if not many more fish in the sea. Asking her for a specific friend is just stupid if done via a post it or chat. If your gonna go that route, it needs to be done in person to gauge her reaction and judge how to proceed from it.

'No. 16 said:
'cstu said:
'No. 16 said:
'cstu said:
Sounds like a plan.
FFS..... it's NOT a plan. Why are you listening to offdee? I believe it has been confirmed that user 'offdee' is a homosexual. Quit taking his heterosexual dating advice.You've lost leverage and it's going to be too much work to get attraction back.Move on.

'No. 16 said:
'cstu said:
'No. 16 said:
'cstu said:
Sounds like a plan.
FFS..... it's NOT a plan. Why are you listening to offdee? I believe it has been confirmed that user 'offdee' is a homosexual. Quit taking his heterosexual dating advice.
:lmao:

'No. 16 said:
'cstu said:
You didn't ask her out, don't kid yourself. Still too much game, no action. Waiting on a woman to make a move is beyond ######ed, especially a hot girl. Girls are attracted to confidence, stop ##### footing around and just see where you stand. Ask her out in a direct manner that cannot be taken any other way. Either way you will have your answer. Like you said, great if she agrees, if not many more fish in the sea. Asking her for a specific friend is just stupid if done via a post it or chat. If your gonna go that route, it needs to be done in person to gauge her reaction and judge how to proceed from it.
I'll ask her out for sure. Don't think right now is the best timing because of finals. I believe her last final is the 22nd so I'll aim for sometime after then.

'No. 16 said:
'cstu said:
'No. 16 said:
'cstu said:
This is childish. Are we in third grade? The only reason you do anything like this, and you still probably shouldn't,, is if you have feelings for nursing student girl. You don't. So don't play games. If she crosses your path again, be more direct (which is your biggest problem IMHO) you have to remember, you're looking for a good time, not a long time. Wtf cares if you burn a bridge or two? Remember your boy in HI? it worked. Blunt force trauma and all.

Not an update about me but just thought I'd share the latest twist in my GB's relationship with his GF (the ex's roommate).

So last Monday my GB and I were working out at my parents place. Getting our bodies right for Vegas next month. Mid work out his GF texts him and asks if the ex can see her dog. I say fine since I really don't care, I just don't want to interact with the ex.

So my GB's GF handled all the logistics with the ex seeing her dog while we continued to work out. The ex and I didn't see or speak so no big deal. The dog was returned. While we were working out I asked my GB how he and GF were and he said that things were crazy and that she had given him a deadline. He was about to explain the deadline but his GF popped up so I never got to here the details until last night.

While we were playing poker my GB tells the guys that his GF gave him until Feb 2013 to get her pregnant or else she'll leave him! We all just laughed at first but I told him that's a BS ultimatum. They've been together for 8 years so you would expect she start asking for a ring, but asking for a baby is just a way to make sure she has an ultimatum he can't possibly uphold so she doesn't feel bad when she bones some other guy.

Feel sorry for the guy. I told him he might as well dump her now before she dumps him. We'll see how that goes.

Not an update about me but just thought I'd share the latest twist in my GB's relationship with his GF (the ex's roommate).So last Monday my GB and I were working out at my parents place. Getting our bodies right for Vegas next month. Mid work out his GF texts him and asks if the ex can see her dog.
Again with the dog. This has got to be the most dysfunctional relationship of all time.
While we were playing poker my GB tells the guys that his GF gave him until Feb 2013 to get her pregnant or else she'll leave him!
Make that the second-most dysfunctional.

Not an update about me but just thought I'd share the latest twist in my GB's relationship with his GF (the ex's roommate).So last Monday my GB and I were working out at my parents place. Getting our bodies right for Vegas next month. Mid work out his GF texts him and asks if the ex can see her dog.
Again with the dog. This has got to be the most dysfunctional relationship of all time.
While we were playing poker my GB tells the guys that his GF gave him until Feb 2013 to get her pregnant or else she'll leave him!
Ufda! Opening this thread is like rubbernecking a car accident. Just can't look away, but at least the face palm count is high.

They've been together for 8 years so you would expect she start asking for a ring, but asking for a baby is just a way to make sure she has an ultimatum he can't possibly uphold so she doesn't feel bad when she bones some other guy.
your GB is sterile?

Not an update about me but just thought I'd share the latest twist in my GB's relationship with his GF (the ex's roommate).

So last Monday my GB and I were working out at my parents place. Getting our bodies right for Vegas next month. Mid work out his GF texts him and asks if the ex can see her dog.
Ufda! Opening this thread is like rubbernecking a car accident. Just can't look away, but at least the face palm count is high.
:goodposting: and an aside--haven't seen or heard that exclamation since my grandparents, years ago. :)

Give her the little faggity dog already or ask her to marry you. Those are pretty much the only options left to you.

I can't believe you're still interacting with this whore.

Give her the little faggity dog already or ask her to marry you. Those are pretty much the only options left to you. I can't believe you're still interacting with this whore.
I didn't interact with her at all. She asked GB's GF, who texted my GB, and then who asked me. Just gave the ok and my GB's GF did the rest. Didn't see her or talk to her at all.

Give her the little faggity dog already or ask her to marry you. Those are pretty much the only options left to you. I can't believe you're still interacting with this whore.
I didn't interact with her at all. She asked GB's GF, who texted my GB, and then who asked me. Just gave the ok and my GB's GF did the rest. Didn't see her or talk to her at all.
Call it what you want, the chick went over to your house, talked with your parents, saw the dog etc. Either give her the stupid dog, or never let her see it again.

Give her the little faggity dog already or ask her to marry you. Those are pretty much the only options left to you.

Call it what you want, the chick went over to your house, talked with your parents, saw the dog etc. Either give her the stupid dog, or never let her see it again.
Yes because that's the only way to do it. My GB's GF took the dog from my house to a park about two blocks away. Never saw her, never heard from her, never contacted her. When we were done working out my GB's GF brought the dog back. Not a big deal.

Serious question. Do you see her periodically seeing the dog in this manner throughout the life of the dog? Five years from now? Ten?

Yes because that's the only way to do it. My GB's GF took the dog from my house to a park about two blocks away. Never saw her, never heard from her, never contacted her. When we were done working out my GB's GF brought the dog back. Not a big deal.
What would really bug me about this situation is that this chick can waltz easily in and out of your life, yet you can't even bring yourself to be in her presence. She has all the power and she is reminded every time she needs to see "the dog." Either man up and be able to look her in the eye or ditch the dog for ****'s sake.

Damn not sure what to do.Cute nursing student at work today told me: "You have the nicest teeth in the whole world." I replied "Thanks. You have a great smile too." Haven't talked to her too much to see her status and what not since she's following another nurse.Don't think I can give her my number today especially since they have 3 more weeks of clinical, but I work on call so it's not a guarantee I see her again. If i give her my number and it's a fail it could be awkward if I see her again. Also, not sure the rules about staff nurses and nursing students.Oh well. Feels good to be complimented by a cute girl. She looks like a 7 in loose fitting scrubs, but body looks nice so could be better in a civilian clothes.
just wanted to remind you that damn near 3 months have gone by since your first encounter with the cute nurse.

Not an update about me but just thought I'd share the latest twist in my GB's relationship with his GF (the ex's roommate).So last Monday my GB and I were working out at my parents place. Getting our bodies right for Vegas next month. Mid work out his GF texts him and asks if the ex can see her dog. I say fine since I really don't care, I just don't want to interact with the ex.So my GB's GF handled all the logistics with the ex seeing her dog while we continued to work out. The ex and I didn't see or speak so no big deal. The dog was returned. While we were working out I asked my GB how he and GF were and he said that things were crazy and that she had given him a deadline. He was about to explain the deadline but his GF popped up so I never got to here the details until last night.While we were playing poker my GB tells the guys that his GF gave him until Feb 2013 to get her pregnant or else she'll leave him! We all just laughed at first but I told him that's a BS ultimatum. They've been together for 8 years so you would expect she start asking for a ring, but asking for a baby is just a way to make sure she has an ultimatum he can't possibly uphold so she doesn't feel bad when she bones some other guy. Feel sorry for the guy. I told him he might as well dump her now before she dumps him. We'll see how that goes.
This entire post is a horrific train wreck.

The dog issue really isn't that big IMO, but the big point here is that it means you'll have this contact indefinitely. If you can't even bear seeing her (I don't blame you for that at all) you gotta make a decision with the dog. If you love the dog and can't seeing getting rid of it, cut her off. If not give her the dog and make sure she knows you're doing it to cut the last tie w her.

Users who are viewing this thread