Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Indefinite Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Somehow not on the list of teams to never have won a Super Bowl

Premier

White on white looks great.

Apparently the pewter-heavy looks we saw the first 2 games were just tests. Home will be red/white and road will be white/white for the most part. Pewter is being discussed as a 3rd jersey. Creamsickle won't be that option, despite a few rumors I've heard.

I agree. Impressed with the whole outfit. First-teamers rolled too.

White on white looks great.

Apparently the pewter-heavy looks we saw the first 2 games were just tests. Home will be red/white and road will be white/white for the most part. Pewter is being discussed as a 3rd jersey. Creamsickle won't be that option, despite a few rumors I've heard.

I agree. Impressed with the whole outfit. First-teamers rolled too.

The Bucs will own this look for a while too...no teams looking at redesigns other than Cleveland...who will be conservative.

Getting to watch the whole game now. We are going to have one of the top-3 defenses this year. Yikes, McCoy is completely dominant.

Couldn't be a better combo of McCoy and Lovie...unless we brought back Marinelli and Monte. Everything will work off McCoy.

I would of liked to see Michael Johnson dominate Sentrel Henderson, but I love the D as well. The safeties looked great tonight as well, they are going to make a ton of plays. Clayborn looked good too, and Larry English could be a great addition.

Edited by Quez

I would of liked to see Michael Johnson dominate Sentrel Henderson, but I love the D as well. The safeties looked great tonight as well, they are going to make a ton of plays.

How's that Barron over Claiborne decision looking? I haven't heard much from Morris other than injuries.

I would of liked to see Michael Johnson dominate Sentrel Henderson, but I love the D as well. The safeties looked great tonight as well, they are going to make a ton of plays.

How's that Barron over Claiborne decision looking? I haven't heard much from Morris other than injuries.

Make it or break it year for Barron. He flashes, but they are in no hurry to resign him. I think him and Gholston have to really impress to stick around long term in Tampa. Safety isn't a premium position in this defense.

Make it or break it year for Barron. He flashes, but they are in no hurry to resign him. I think him and Gholston have to really impress to stick around long term in Tampa. Safety isn't a premium position in this defense.

We still have him thru next year. Seems like the perfect guy for the Lynch role...we all remember his pass D.

McDonald too. Wow. He's all over the place.

NFCCG? :unsure:

Did Buffalo have their starting D intact? The first couple series were pretty bad with pressure, a sack/fumble, and a pick, but after that nobody really sniffed McCown.

You also noticed Tedford calling a few rollouts, bootlegs, and moving the pocket some to keep the defense off balance. Something we rarely used to see here. Obviously running those kinds of plays will keep the D honest.

I didn't realize how nifty McCown was outside the pocket. He moves well for a 35 year old man.

Very impressed with both sides of the ball after this one.

What's everyone here think about Doug?

Thought he ran well with good power. More impressive was his long reception. I expect his receptions to go up because of having mccown instead of freeman. freeman used to practically refuse to check it down and instead would just stare down his deep targets.

McDonald too. Wow. He's all over the place.

NFCCG? :unsure:

Did Buffalo have their starting D intact? The first couple series were pretty bad with pressure, a sack/fumble, and a pick, but after that nobody really sniffed McCown.

You also noticed Tedford calling a few rollouts, bootlegs, and moving the pocket some to keep the defense off balance. Something we rarely used to see here. Obviously running those kinds of plays will keep the D honest.

I didn't realize how nifty McCown was outside the pocket. He moves well for a 35 year old man.

Very impressed with both sides of the ball after this one.

From what the tv and radio guys said, Buffalo has 3 pro bowlers on their dline who played into the third quarter yesterday.

Uniforms are terrible, no defense needed. I was watching the game at a party last night and even the chicks were making a stink about them. They are butt ugly, period. Look like something from the old Euro League and since the owners also own Manchester United, maybe they got the idea abroad.

Were the chicks at the party butt ugly too?

Edited by Quez
  • Like 1

Uniforms are terrible, no defense needed. I was watching the game at a party last night and even the chicks were making a stink about them. They are butt ugly, period. Look like something from the old Euro League and since the owners also own Manchester United, maybe they got the idea abroad.

Really the only factor that's important. I would say many were not up to FBG code, perhaps a couple 7s lurking about, 1 yoga instructor, mostly friends dressed casual.

Is this actually the Bucs thread and not the uniform thread?

I think they are set for a great season. #2 in the division behind the Saints, possible wildcard if things go right. I'm worried about the OL with some big losses but then again they weren't playing that well so maybe some fresh faces will be good.

Really the only factor that's important. I would say many were not up to FBG code, perhaps a couple 7s lurking about, 1 yoga instructor, mostly friends dressed casual.

Is this actually the Bucs thread and not the uniform thread?

I think they are set for a great season. #2 in the division behind the Saints, possible wildcard if things go right. I'm worried about the OL with some big losses but then again they weren't playing that well so maybe some fresh faces will be good.

The o-line is a huge issue and Mccown is only adequate at best. The defense should be awesome and they are loaded with talent at the skill positions.

Yeah, that's just like your opinion, man.

The Glazers didn't have any influence on the design...and Nike is pretty happy with the way they came out and look onfield.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's just like your opinion, man.

I guess... but I don;t know too many Buc fans who even remotely like the new uniforms. If you like it all the more power to you, but after being in the graphic design biz for a long time, this new uniform is the worst concept in the NFL right now... and that is FACT. Brown... is not pewter. Chrome masks look terrible, large logos look like a mistake at the factory and the texas instrument calculator numbers? Yeah that just SCREAMS Buccaneers.

Nike in the ultimate Jersey fail in recent memory... oh wait no. Jags and Dolphins. LOL

Does "gangster" mean "ridiculous"...?

No, it means they look amazing.

I finally found the very first person who "loves" the new jerseys... even the most hardcore Buc fans think this is an abomination.

Edited by Gargoylez

I didn't love them at first but they have grown on me. I like the helmets & the chrome face mask. I don't even mind the numbers as much as some. The thing I don't like is that they changed the pewter color to look more dull-grey / charcoal. I didn't like the "pewter" pants, but I loved the white ones last night. That is the best uniform combination so far IMO.

Edited by Quez

I finally found the very first person who "loves" the new jerseys... even the most hardcore Buc fans think this is an abomination.

You must not be on twitter. Reviews have been overwhelmingly great.

You think they look better than the old ones? Better than the creamsicles as well? I think not and don't know many that do. You would be a serious minority on this.

No, I'm not. Opinions have changed significantly since the debut.

Yes they look better than the last set. Those look old and outdated now.

Sales also agree.

I almost spit my beer out after reading this... LMFAO!!! :bs: Please show me and this board the tweets...

Considering I am on every Buccaneer board, and follow a crap ton of pages Buccaneer related on Facebook... I am pretty confident in saying the new Uniforms have been met with distain, ridicule and embarassment.

And again, my disclaimer, if YOU like it, I have no problem with that... but I know a lot of Buc fans and I really don't know many who even like this.

Edited by Gargoylez

I almost spit my beer out after reading this... LMFAO!!! :bs: Please show me and this board the tweets...

Considering I am on every Buccaneer board, and follow a crap ton of pages Buccaneer related on Facebook... I am pretty confident in saying the new Uniforms have been met with distain, ridicule and embarassment.

And again, my disclaimer, if YOU like it, I have no problem with that... but I know a lot of Buc fans and I really don't know many who even like this.

So who's buying all of them?

Where are the sales numbers? Please post them so we can see them. If its true I want to know... it doesn't coordinate with the public opinion of them.

Oh and here, this is one of about 25 posts on facebook that show the dislike to these abominations.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152315108254595.1073741909.95501124594&type=1

Edited by Gargoylez

Apparently that's all made up because this dude is on message boards.

Apparently that's all made up because this dude is on message boards.

I never commenting on the jerseys selling or not... but if you are so confident of this, please post the sales numbers. Thanks in advance.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152315108254595.1073741909.95501124594&type=1

Edited by Gargoylez

Cousins & Meredith are starting the preseason game. I'm surprised we don't look at Incognito. He was better than both these guys.

About freaking time! I haven't bought a jersey since I was 12, but I may consider an Incognito one.

Edited by Quez

Cousins & Meredith are starting the preseason game. I'm surprised we don't look at Incognito. He was better than both these guys.

About freaking time! I haven't bought a jersey since I was 12, but I may consider an Incognito one.

You called it.

The need may be outweighing Lovie's issues with character flaws.