Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Indefinite Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Somehow not on the list of teams to never have won a Super Bowl

Premier

Uniforms are terrible, no defense needed. I was watching the game at a party last night and even the chicks were making a stink about them. They are butt ugly, period. Look like something from the old Euro League and since the owners also own Manchester United, maybe they got the idea abroad.

Yeah, that's just like your opinion, man.

I guess... but I don;t know too many Buc fans who even remotely like the new uniforms. If you like it all the more power to you, but after being in the graphic design biz for a long time, this new uniform is the worst concept in the NFL right now... and that is FACT. Brown... is not pewter. Chrome masks look terrible, large logos look like a mistake at the factory and the texas instrument calculator numbers? Yeah that just SCREAMS Buccaneers.

Nike in the ultimate Jersey fail in recent memory... oh wait no. Jags and Dolphins. LOL

You are wrong on the internet. The new Buccs uniforms are good.

Hey, can we merge the Raiders thread with this one? We are the Yuks, only with better uniforms.

WAAAYYYYY better uniforms.

Dress for success right? Well the Bus are 0-2, lost to a 3rd string QB and the worst looking team in the league. DAMMMMIITT Bucs. I still love ya.

So we start our season off 0-2 losing to a 2nd string and then a 3rd string backup QB? Another long season on the horizon. Do we go Gurley or one of the 3 QBs with our top 3 pick?

Exactly. WTH? This team has enough talent to win at least the game today. Our offense is lackluster, but our defense has talent -- definitely enough to beat St. Louis.

So we start our season off 0-2 losing to a 2nd string and then a 3rd string backup QB? Another long season on the horizon. Do we go Gurley or one of the 3 QBs with our top 3 pick?

Exactly. WTH? This team has enough talent to win at least the game today. Our offense is lackluster, but our defense has talent -- definitely enough to beat St. Louis.

The Rams have more talent than the Bucs, the Rams just lack a QB

Anyone watch that last play closely? The play ended with 14 seconds left. The ref blew the whistle with 10-11 seconds left. Of course, the clock kept going after the whistle down to 8 seconds. Shocked Lovie or nobody else attempted to argue for a review. He'll, they review and discuss every other play in the nfl.

#smallmarkethistoricallyinsignificantNFLfranchiseproblems

EDIT: But yes I am salty about getting the shaft

Edited by ShamrockPride

The Rams have more talent than the Bucs, the Rams just lack a QB

Happy to agree to disagree. QB is the most important position on the field. Not saying the Rams don't have some talent -- they have some key people, especially on their defensive line, but the Rams don't have a Vincent Jackson on offense, and the Bucs' D was supposed to be good at all three levels this year.

How bad do you have to be to lose to a backup QB and then a third string QB at home in back to back games? Nice use of the "Dunkaneers" so far.

Choke a lotta for Mariota?

Play the Lameist for Jameis!

It's hard to want to lose as a fan, but we need to think big picture here. I don't want to not suck bad enough again and miss out on talent like Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, etc. We need to really suck this season so we can finally land a franchise QB.

Look at the Colts. The one year they happen to blow they have Luck sitting right in their laps.

The way it looks they'll win just enough to land the 3rd pick, draft Gurley, and run the wishbone.

Maybe they can draft a coach who will actually throw the football to the guy making $11M or the guy they just spent the 7th overall pick on? Morons.

Throw the ball to open up the run!!!!!!!!

That's the worst part. They ran it all over them and never tried to play action.

St. Louis is playing man to man and the Bucs were gashing them. How do you not try to throw it up to one of the 6'5' WRs you've invested so much in. It makes no sense.

• Like 1

Bucs free safety Dashon Goldson had some interesting analysis of last night's game: "Old fashioned ###-whoopin"

“I played poorly and we lost the game. Atlanta came to play, put a whoopin’ on us on nationally televised TV, nationally televised, butt whoopin’, old fashioned ###-whoopin’,” Goldson said. Goldson didn’t want to question his teammates’ effort, but he acknowledged nobody on the Bucs was an impact player.

“I’m not sure what happened,” Goldson said. “I can just speak for myself, man. I didn’t make enough plays. They didn’t make enough plays. It cost us the game, man.”

Without McCoy this team is nothing. The Tampa 2 sucks without pressure. Michael Johnson getting hurt was also a major blow. Mason Foster & Mike Jenkins are also out. This year has just been a nightmare injury wise. Hell, even our OC is out.

The safeties are overpaid and suck. They will both be gone next season.

The O-line looks like crap still, and should be better. Collins, Diedrich Smith, Mankins, and Dotson are all above average. Maybe they just need more time playing together...

The season was over week 2.

Without McCoy this team is nothing. The Tampa 2 sucks without pressure. Michael Johnson getting hurt was also a major blow. Mason Foster & Mike Jenkins are also out. This year has just been a nightmare injury wise. Hell, even our OC is out.

The safeties are overpaid and suck. They will both be gone next season.

The O-line looks like crap still, and should be better. Collins, Diedrich Smith, Mankins, and Dotson are all above average. Maybe they just need more time playing together...

The season was over week 2.

I thought Barron was one of the few bright spots on the field for the Bucs last night. :shrug: