What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Somehow not on the list of teams to never have won a Super Bowl (2 Viewers)

Looks like the word came down for McCown to lay down this drive. Sacked once all game, twice on this drive.
There was no need for McCown to lay down, he just had to do what he has been doing all season. If anyone was laying down it would be the OL. But, the have played like this all season. You don't have to lay down when you never got up.

Last edited by a moderator:
3-5-TB 46 (5:33) 12-J.McCown pass short right intended for 15-T.King INTERCEPTED by 28-K.Lewis at NO 48. 28-K.Lewis to 50 for 2 yards (88-L.Stocker).
McCown should hold a special spot in the hearts of Bucs fans.

You expect them to say they were? Pretty obvious in watching the game. NFL should go to the NBA style lottery. Granted the Sixers tanked it but at least the returns aren't 100% known. Watching a game like that is an embarrassment to the NFL. Lol, Vincent Jackson walking off the field giving the fans the #1 sign. I hope Mariotta is a bust and I own Evans.

You expect them to say they were? Pretty obvious in watching the game. NFL should go to the NBA style lottery. Granted the Sixers tanked it but at least the returns aren't 100% known. Watching a game like that is an embarrassment to the NFL. Lol, Vincent Jackson walking off the field giving the fans the #1 sign. I hope Mariotta is a bust and I own Evans.
I'd be cool with a lottery ONLY if we can actually see the lottery. None of this NBA closed door crap. It's why the NBA is the joke of all the big 4 sports. I've been able to predict each of the past 4 winners of the lottery due to surrounding storylines/circumstances. It's an insult to everyone's intelligence to act as if these things are decided honestly.

Are you a Titans fan?

Are you a Titans fan?
No.

Seems odds to hate Mariota just because a team tanked to get him. The Colts did the exact same thing with Luck and people didn't care that much.

Very hard to stomach that this team finished below the likes of the Raiders, Jets, and Jaguars this year. I'll be happy about the #1 overall pick come the draft, but right now I'm very unhappy about the Bucs being the worst team in football.

I don't think McCown meant to give up a fumble for a safety, but no doubt the Bucs wanted to lose. They pulled David & Evans at half.

I'd be cool with a lottery ONLY if we can actually see the lottery. None of this NBA closed door crap. It's why the NBA is the joke of all the big 4 sports. I've been able to predict each of the past 4 winners of the lottery due to surrounding storylines/circumstances. It's an insult to everyone's intelligence to act as if these things are decided honestly.
But David Stern assured us it was all legit

OC candidates? I personally think that's the most important decision they make all off-season.

Tom Herman - Ohio State OC

Lincoln Riley - ECU OC

Scott Frost - Oregon OC

Art Briles - Baylor OC

Others?

OC candidates? I personally think that's the most important decision they make all off-season.

Tom Herman - Ohio State OC

Lincoln Riley - ECU OC

Scott Frost - Oregon OC

Art Briles - Baylor OC

Others?
No chance Briles leaves his HC job.

I guess it depends on who wants to move from college to the NFL..unless we want to rehash an NFL guy.

I hope they go the younger route.

None of those guys are candidates. You'll never see a really successful college HC take an nfl OC job again. It's a step down.

Herman just took a job with Univ of Houston. Frost is too green.

I think Trestman has to be the favorite.

None of those guys are candidates. You'll never see a really successful college HC take an nfl OC job again. It's a step down.

Herman just took a job with Univ of Houston. Frost is too green.

I think Trestman has to be the favorite.
Those guys are all college OC's. I'd prefer a young guy with some innovative schemes. Especially if they're looking at MM.

I'd be completely against Trestman for the simple fact he had some success with McCown, and don't want Lovie having any excuse to go with that bozo again next year.

I agree with this, but also agree with Cappy that they won't look college. After the Trestman disaster & with the likelihood of a rookie QB, I don't think the organization can afford to risk on a 1st year NFL OC. The OC is an incredibly important decision, and could give a hint at who they take at QB.

One of the things I am interested to see is if the Glaziers want to make a splash move and hire a big name OC. On the surface it sounds good, but those guys usually bolt for a HC job asap. We need a guy that will be here 2-3 with a rookie QB.

I wonder how much of a push there is for a lottery? Bucs definitely pulled starters and didn't field the best team to win. However, if you are already looking towards next season, then why not take the opportunity to evaluate 2nd & 3rd string guys? We already know what we have in Evans & David.

What are the chances TB trades Glennon? Seems to be an odd man out if they do in fact take a QB 1 overall. I'd think he could fetch something.

I wonder how much of a push there is for a lottery? Bucs definitely pulled starters and didn't field the best team to win. However, if you are already looking towards next season, then why not take the opportunity to evaluate 2nd & 3rd string guys? We already know what we have in Evans & David.
They obviously tanked, but if Evans or David tear an ACL in the 4th quarter of that game everyone is piling on Lovie anyway. Either way you're criticized. Might as well be criticized for the decision that helps your organization in the future.

What are the chances TB trades Glennon? Seems to be an odd man out if they do in fact take a QB 1 overall. I'd think he could fetch something.
Hopefully McCown retires so he isn't even an option for Lovie. At this point I think they'd be lucky to get a 4th for Glennon.

Lovie is giving his press conference right now.

-pretty much going to take a QB

-said there are no top OLbut should be abe to get good ones with 2-3

-still going to be active in FA

-didn't have an OC so that is a priority, college coaches not off limits

No top Oline guy right now but this draft is about as deep at the position as I can recall. It's smart to wait IMO.

No top Oline guy right now but this draft is about as deep at the position as I can recall. It's smart to wait IMO.
If it's that deep then get your future face of your franchise (qb) and pick up an OL in the 2nd...and 3rd too for that matter.

They obviously tanked, but if Evans or David tear an ACL in the 4th quarter of that game everyone is piling on Lovie anyway. Either way you're criticized. Might as well be criticized for the decision that helps your organization in the future.
Find me one Bucs fan who is angry that the team lost yesterday. I'll wait...

:lmao: at McCown tanking. Have you guys watched him this year?
LOL. McClown sucks; he was just being himself. Can't imagine the numbers that Evans would have put up if he had a real QB.
I don't think he would of done much better with a "real QB". Even a "real QB" needs some kind of protection from the o-line. McCown got creamed back there all season, and he is considered an athletic QB.

Capella said:
Grahamburn said:
Capella said:
Grahamburn said:
I can't imagine there are any. I've been watching Mariota highlight reels all morning. :fap:
LolHow many times did he get to a 3rd read?
He's a quick decision maker.
Lol

:scared:
:lol:

I know you're an FSU and Jameis fan, but there's no way Lovie and the Glazers draft a guy #1 overall and make him the face of the franchise with that laundry list of baggage.

Hopefully Mariota can learn to play in a pro system or maybe they'll hire an OC who can be innovative and tailor a system to his strengths. Too much to ask?

Capella said:
Grahamburn said:
Capella said:
Grahamburn said:
I can't imagine there are any. I've been watching Mariota highlight reels all morning. :fap:
LolHow many times did he get to a 3rd read?
He's a quick decision maker.
Lol :scared:
:lol:

I know you're an FSU and Jameis fan, but there's no way Lovie and the Glazers draft a guy #1 overall and make him the face of the franchise with that laundry list of baggage.

Hopefully Mariota can learn to play in a pro system or maybe they'll hire an OC who can be innovative and tailor a system to his strengths. Too much to ask?
Really it has nothing to do with FSU. I thought Manual was terrible and would have been mortified if my team took him in the first.

I just think Winston is the far superior player on the field and think Mariotta will have a very very difficult transition.

Lot of people passed on Warren Sapp because he was a nut too. That didn't work out well for them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With a decision as important as this you don't go with the "safe pick". If you think Jameis is the better QB then you have to take him. With the success rate of 1st round QBs being 50/50 you can't afford to not ttake the best QB.

If they take Mariota I hope it is because they believe he is better, and not safer.

With a decision as important as this you don't go with the "safe pick". If you think Jameis is the better QB then you have to take him. With the success rate of 1st round QBs being 50/50 you can't afford to not ttake the best QB.

If they take Mariota I hope it is because they believe he is better, and not safer.
Agree...Grahamburn seems to be the only one of us who isn't predicting Winston to #1 by the draft. You can see it happening already in the media, although Thurs night will have a lot of influence.

Part of being the best QB is not being a knucklehead.

Sapp? Come on. He got popped for some weed. Big deal. When was the last time a QB with a sketchy off the field record in college was successful in the NFL?

Agree...Grahamburn seems to be the only one of us who isn't predicting Winston to #1 by the draft. You can see it happening already in the media, although Thurs night will have a lot of influence.
I personally think they're both going to light it up, so I doubt Thursday has much bearing on the decision.

We all look at both players and say Winston is the more pro-ready QB. He runs a pro style, reads the defense, throws into tight windows, etc. I don't think there's any question he'd be the #1 pick if he had Mariota's intangibles. He doesn't though, and the Glazers/Lovie can't ignore that when you're investing huge money and the future of your franchise.

It's not like Mariota is some slouch who is only being considered because he's a nice guy.

It seems like most of the local media guys are saying Mariota.

T-kras, Ron Diaz, Duemig, Tom Jones on Mariota

Ian Beckles doesn't want a QB but I think he said he would go Winston. Shaun King, and Rick Stroud also on Winston.

I could be wrong about some of them, and some are more certain than others. For example, Big Dog has been vocally anti-Jameis & pro-Mariota for a while. Whereas I don't even think Ron Diaz and Ian Beckles watch much sports, so they could give a crap. Now that 98.7 got canned we are back to 1 sports station! Woohoo!

If you guys know of any other people worth keeping track of in the Mariota/Winston sweepstakes post them.

Tony Dungy-Mariota

Part of being the best QB is not being a knucklehead.

Sapp? Come on. He got popped for some weed. Big deal. When was the last time a QB with a sketchy off the field record in college was successful in the NFL?
Well if you think be raped the girl, then yes, the bucs should not draft him. Of course he should be in prison as well.

However if you think he didn't, and there have been 3 agencies who have reviewed the evidence and come to that determination.....then what has he really done? Stole crab legs? Some soda? Said ####ssssy in public? BFD.

Users who are viewing this thread