What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Somehow not on the list of teams to never have won a Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

No way they are going for Suh. If I had to guess some of the FA targets,

-Devin McCourtey

-Lupati

-Jerry Hughes

-Greg Hardy (doubt it since TB likely will already have the PR teams hands full with Jameis)

-Jon Beason (I saw somewhere they may be interested in him)

Going for the big names hasn't worked out recently. I'd be fine if they wait for some bargains to fill holes. Please just spend at least one of the 2nd or 3rd round picks on the offensive line.

Hearing the Bucs are on Adrian Peterson's list of where he wants to play...anyone hearing anything about it on the Tampa end?

Hearing the Bucs are on Adrian Peterson's list of where he wants to play...anyone hearing anything about it on the Tampa end?
I haven't heard his name come up at all until now. Some rumblings Doug Martin may be gone, but he's still under contract for this season. They drafted Sims last year and still have Rainey as well as James.

Odd he'd want to play here with an offensive line "in transition" to be as euphemistic as possible.

Tampa should thank Chip Kelly for taking the national media's attention away from them. They just cut two players that they signed to huge contracts a little less than a year ago. How many millions did they just chuck into the ocean?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tampa should thank Chip Kelly for taking the national media's attention away from them. They just cut two players that they signed to huge contracts a little less than a year ago. How many millions did they just chuck into the ocean?
Not much. Michael Johnson cost 7M this year and that's it. Collins 3. I think Goldson was around 3. None of it bleeds into next year and they're still around 40M under the cap.

Terrible signings but no long term problems.

Not much. Michael Johnson cost 7M this year and that's it. Collins 3. I think Goldson was around 3. None of it bleeds into next year and they're still around 40M under the cap.

Terrible signings but no long term problems.
It is your prerogative to look at the deal just in the teams of dead money but the bitter reality is your GM gave a player 16 M to play a single year. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000478248/article/buccaneers-cut-anthony-collins-michael-johnson There is not a huge cap penalty because the Bucs already gave him all the guaranteed money up front. Johnson should just buy a small island and retire.

Johnson has collected $16 million of the alleged $23 million in "guarantees." Cutting him before March 12 saves the Buccaneers the final $7 million "guaranteed" payment.

What do I care what they paid him? It's not my money. He was a bust who got paid a lot and now the team can move on free and clear. He can go buy all the islands he wants. #### do I care.

Bad signings. Good for Lovie and Licht to admit their mistakes and release these guys. Hopefully they're learning from them?

The effort from both Johnson and Collins was atrocious. Cutting them says a lot when these are major areas of need for the team.

Bruce Carter signed.

Derrick Morgan back to Tennessee on a reasonable deal.

I don't get what they're doing. You can't just say well we got burned last year so we are sitting this one out. That just makes the problem worse.

You can't fill all these holes via draft or trade. I dunno maybe they're just accepting a 7-9 season but this is going to be another year of Mccoy's prime that we waste with no pass rushers? Will he ever play with an above-average end?

Frustrating.

They signed Chris Conte from the Bears?????? Are you kidding me???????? For the 12 minutes that he plays in a game before he gets injured...............he couldn't cover Trent Richardson if he was a WR. Conte is just garbage and got burned on a regular basis. And then he gets injured and misses multiple games. Oh.......and he doesn't know how to tackle either. Watch some highlights of him desperately trying to grab a player to pull him down.

I don't get what they're doing. You can't just say well we got burned last year so we are sitting this one out. That just makes the problem worse.

You can't fill all these holes via draft or trade. I dunno maybe they're just accepting a 7-9 season but this is going to be another year of Mccoy's prime that we waste with no pass rushers? Will he ever play with an above-average end?

Frustrating.
Hardy?

Conte is a one year deal. As is Melton. Bears South.

It's possible the Glazer's reigned the Lovie/Licht duo in a bit this offseason.

I have a feeling we are the unnamed team negotiating with Hardy.

-we have the money

-he is the ideal fit for the system next to McCoy

-they probably had a plan/reason for Johnson cut

-what better way to deflect the heat off Jaboo?

-we aren't the Raiders

I have a feeling we are the unnamed team negotiating with Hardy.

-we have the money

-he is the ideal fit for the system next to McCoy

-they probably had a plan/reason for Johnson cut

-what better way to deflect the heat off Jaboo?

-we aren't the Raiders
The Raiders FO is not interested in Hardy, so try again ...

Here's something I didn't think I would be saying a few months ago.

I am glad the bucs avoided Chip Kelly
Kelly has made some good moves. He upgraded the defense getting rid of Cole, Williams, Allen and Fletcher and adding Alonso, Maxwell and Thurmond. Even if Bradford doesn't work out, Mark Sanchez, with the running game the Eagles will use next season should be good enough to win at least 10 games. McCoy's running style was a great fit for his offense, he wanted more North-South runners so he went out and got one of the best in the league and for about 70% of the cost of McCoy. The biggest question is how do they replace Maclin. That will probably be answered in the draft. I can't believe you'd prefer a re-tread like Lovie Smith.

I never said I would prefer Lovie but I don't think a guy on his second job after 10 years at the first is really a re-tread.

I don't like Chip's offseason at all, but also not really my concern.

Frustrating.
Hardy?

Conte is a one year deal. As is Melton. Bears South.

It's possible the Glazer's reigned the Lovie/Licht duo in a bit this offseason.
Possible but I doubt it. They want to win I think.

This division sucks so bad that it's just frustrating to see nothing happen to improve 2-14. I guess it's still mid-March but there really aren't any players left.

Bucs are looking like idiots right now while Michael Johnson is laughing all the way to the bank.

Now would be a great time to make some positive news...

Bucs are looking like idiots right now while Michael Johnson is laughing all the way to the bank.

He played his last season in Cincy under the franchise tag as well. Unreal the money he's made/making.

I never said I would prefer Lovie but I don't think a guy on his second job after 10 years at the first is really a re-tread.

I don't like Chip's offseason at all, but also not really my concern.
They're both doing the same thing. Acquiring players who fit their system. If they can turn those acquisitions into wins they'll be fine, but if they don't, they'll both be fired and the franchises and their fans will be the ones who have to stick around for the misery of rebuilding.

Chip seems to be pretty forward thinking.

Lovie is the exact opposite. If he bombs again he might get one more year in 2016 because of the "rookie QB" argument, but if it doesn't work out Bucs' fans will be stuck with a bunch of Tampa 2 system guys who can't do much else. Rinse. Repeat.

Maybe Jameis is the real answer?

Capella said:
massraider said:

He played his last season in Cincy under the franchise tag as well. Unreal the money he's made/making.
It's crazy to me that Bengals fans are excited to sign that guy. Total dog.
Played well in cinch. He only sucked when he was in Tampa. Which seems to be a trend for most players.

Capella said:
massraider said:

Considering the DE situation on this team I was surprised they released him. I guess if they kept him on the roster this year his 3rd year guaranteed $$ kicked in as well. I think we'll find out he played 2014 injured, and if healthy he'll have a nice season for the Bengals.

Capella said:
massraider said:

Played well in cinch. He only sucked when he was in Tampa. Which seems to be a trend for most players.
Good one.

Capella said:
massraider said:

Yea cincy is a real model for success.

Just go full heel on the NFL, Bucs. Sign Ray Rice or trade for Peterson. Sign Greg Hardy. Draft Jameis Winston. Might as well go all in at this point.

Just go full heel on the NFL, Bucs. Sign Ray Rice or trade for Peterson. Sign Greg Hardy. Draft Jameis Winston. Might as well go all in at this point.
I'm on board with this. It's funny if you go into the Cowboys thread there are posters concerned with signing him due to character concerns. Meanwhile, Pewter Report had a poll and +90% of Bucs fans want him. Funny how fans acceptance changes when your franchise is in the dumpster for a decade.

I'm on board with this. It's funny if you go into the Cowboys thread there are posters concerned with signing him due to character concerns. Meanwhile, Pewter Report had a poll and +90% of Bucs fans want him. Funny how fans acceptance changes when your franchise is in the dumpster for a decade.
Can't win in this league with a team full of choir boys anyway. Might as well sign a few scumbags.

Hardy coming to Tampa for a visit this week after trips to Seattle and Dallas. If the Bucs really want him and it comes down to money, as it usually does, they can make the most lucrative offer.

Dallas is going to be in cap hell if they sign him. However, Hardy may want to play under the great Marinelli, so may be willing to take less. They could definitely make it work, but Glaziers will be the highest bidders. Dallas has about 5 mil in cap space, but should free up more as soon as they sign Dez long term.

There is no possible way Dallas could outbid us with their cap situation, but there is also no possible way we could sell a better situation.

Going to be interesting if we get this guy and Jameis. Women's rights groups in this area will (rightfully) have a stroke.

I don't care much about off the field stuff - I just want to win. But this guy is pushing it.

Per PFT, Bucs have lost interest.

Translation: Glaziers spoke with JJ & aren't going to let Drew play them against each other to overpay. Back room deal may have been cut.

@NFLSTROUD: Confirmed: The Bucs no longer are considering DE Greg Hardy as a possible free agent acquisition. Decision was NOT contract related.

So they just figured this out now? What a franchise.

They lost it? Well, why don't they put it on milk cartons and try to FIND IT?!
So dumb.

Man this team is going to be bad this year. Coming off 2-14, literally no improvements made, and a rookie QB. 2-4 wins tops.

The real shame (other than another putrid year) is how they are ruining McCoy's prime. He won't be able to play at this level forever.

Users who are viewing this thread