What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Somehow not on the list of teams to never have won a Super Bowl (3 Viewers)

That was an ugly win. I'm amazed the defense was able to hold them. Still a ton of penalties. Cherellus got one at a pivotal time. I'm not sure how he played overall, but the talk of the week was Dotson wanting to start. I wonder if this will change anything. I'm still not sure Donovan Smith is a long term answer at LT. He is guaranteed a penalty every game.

Winston really needs another passing target out there. When he is off he tends to put the ball too high. These little guys don't have the reach. Amazing grab by Dye iirc, not a perfect ball by Jameis.

Wasn't one of Jameis's best games, but he did enough to win. Jameis had a great pass to Evans though in the 2nd half. It was a bullet right after the Cherellus penalty.

Oh, and why did they go away fromnDoug Martin early in the game? He was rolling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Don Smith. Penalties can be learned from. He is straight up drilling some of these defensive ends. He stonewalled Hardy today.

Dotson definitely takes over for Cherilus sometime soon. Needs to get into game shape I'm sure.

Ps looking around the NFC, it's not impossible they could make a run at the playoffs.

Barely beating a broken Dallas team doesn't exactly inspire confidence for a playoff run, but I would bet the over on the team getting more wins than last year :D

Barely beating a broken Dallas team doesn't exactly inspire confidence for a playoff run, but I would bet the over on the team getting more wins than last year :D
One game doesn't make a season. They've played well in other games and have lost. Evens out.Edit: I don't really think they are a playoff caliber team, by the NFC sucks. Never know.

Discussing a potential Tampa Bay "playoff run" after 10 weeks is a HUGE step forward. Definitely a productive season with a rookie QB and hovering around .500 this late in the year.

I like Don Smith. Penalties can be learned from. He is straight up drilling some of these defensive ends. He stonewalled Hardy today. This does make me feel much more optimistic about the position.

Dotson definitely takes over for Cherilus sometime soon. Needs to get into game shape I'm sure.

Ps looking around the NFC, it's not impossible they could make a run at the playoffs.
I will admit that I only tend to notice the bad things with olinemen. It's hard to take in & watch everything on a Sunday. I'm usually just watching the ball.Shutting down a probowl calibre DE as a rookie LT is pretty big deal.

Well McCoy hasn't been playing very well at all. To my eye he's been outplayed by Melton. Even if I'm wrong, I think a lot of people have grown tired of all his talk - I've been a McCoy defender and even I am. It was exciting to see him make a game winning play against the Falcons but that's far too rare.

What was recently frustrating (other than his lone tackle) was his observations on how hard it is to get open with all the attention he's been receiving. My respone was "DUH". What elite DT/DE/WR doesn't get extra attention? And has been pointed out by others, he didn't win a single of his one-on-one pass rushes against the Giants (I think there were 12 of them?)

It's like when Lavonte stated that the defense was thrown off in Week 1 after the unnecessary roughness aginst Macdougal. At this point, it seems to me that both McCoy and David lack leadership and are too used to losing. I'm big fans of both but at some point you have to go where the evidence leads you.

Jameis is the leader of this team. Those guys just need to let their talent shine at this point. They don't have to worry about being leaders anymore.

Shaun King & Ian Beckles were two of the guys I was talking about, and they both played, so I respect their opinions. However, the Cowboys & Giants do both have pretty solid offensive lines. Maybe that has had something to do with his lack of production.

Is anyone here REALLY talking about a PO run though?? Let's settle for a .500 season first, something that is fairly reasonable sitting at 4-5.

Is anyone here REALLY talking about a PO run though?? Let's settle for a .500 season first, something that is fairly reasonable sitting at 4-5.
I was thinking 7-9 until I saw Jameis's post-game locker room speech. Now I'm on board with "going 7-0 on their a**es"!

It's not like the schedule is daunting. Other than Carolina they're all winnable games.

Man, when was the last time they beat the Panthers? Seems like an eternity.

Here are the QBs the bucs are currently scheduled to face the rest of the year. Granted, they have often made horrible QBs look good, but maybe the tide is turning:

Mark Sanchez

Matt Hasselbeck

Matt Ryan

Drew Brees

Whoever the hell the Rams qb is

Jay Cutler

Cam Newton or maybe the backup

....not too difficult.

Anyone want to chime on their FF D? I have not seen enough of them to know but that does look like a nice stretch.

Thanks. I actually picked them up to start against Dallas and it worked. Now with Butt Fumble on deck it's tempting to try once more.

And since I'm here I may as well ask about ASF. I keep holding but am losing my patience. What in the world is taking so long?

Most people think he's soft. Word out of Bucs palace is that he is just really hurt and only getting back into the swing of it now.

I'm guessing it's somewhere in between. I think he comes back next week.

V-Jax expected to play.

Kwon Alexander facing 4gm for ped use. I was just looking at his neck in a picture 3-4 days ago thinking he was on roids.

That's bs that cnn is playing that garbage. There are tons of documentaries that are really good that never get picked up by networks.

Bucs Fan here

When ASJ is healthy

And next year if they can draft or sign another CB and pass rusher they could be dangerous

Solid win for you guys today, congratulations. I'm still not sure how the Skins got past you; just glad that they did. You've got a good QB there.

I like Don Smith. Penalties can be learned from. He is straight up drilling some of these defensive ends. He stonewalled Hardy today.

Ya gotta believe

Users who are viewing this thread