What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Somehow not on the list of teams to never have won a Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

Thoroughly enjoyed Gruden gushing about this offense and their potential. 

Jameis can't keep making stupid plays like the nullified INT inside the ten.  Other than that he looked incredible. 

Doug looks great.  Moving up for Cook would have made him expendable and it likely would have cost us the opportunity to draft Beckwith and Godwin.  I'm glad they didn't.

I don't believe the extra point was Folk's fault, but every single time there's a missed kick it's a running punchline.  47 yards?  You have to hit that the vast majority of the time. 

I liked seeing Beckwith make some plays.  A couple tackles for a loss and a sack.  They're going to need him with Bond hurt.

Justin Evans looked lost and soft.  If there are injuries to the defensive line we're going to regret not drafting Jordan Willis. 

I feel pretty comfortable Chris Godwin can step in for Evans and/or DeSean in a pinch.  It will be nice for the offense to not miss a beat if either of those guys need a play or two off. 

O.J. Howard is an adonis. 

TJ Ward signed for $5M.  Pro Bowl safety likely in a decline phase, but a much needed addition to the weakest position group on defense.  Also hearing he's a great teammate and locker room leader.  Several Broncos speaking out when he was released. 

Jacquies Smith activated from PUP so they're expecting him back before week 7.  Hopefully they can get him up to speed quickly and he's the edge rusher he was a couple years ago. 

Bring on the fish.

We should sign Ryan Mathews if he takes a minimum contract. 3 games will be all you get out of him anyway before he goes on IR, so he'd cover the Martin suspension perfectly.

Sunday can't get here fast enough.  I certainly need the distraction. 

The healthiest they'll be all season most likely.  The only player on the injury report is DeVonte Bond.

Destroyed a team like the Bears...Just as they should. Should make for some competitive games against the upper echelon when we get to them on the schedule if they can play at this level each week.

Any guess how bad the Kwon injury is?  Love his talent for IDP but hammy problems in preseason and leaving game 1 have me worried. 

Any guess how bad the Kwon injury is?  Love his talent for IDP but hammy problems in preseason and leaving game 1 have me worried. 
He said after the game he was fine and expects to practice Wednesday.  He was also jumping up and down on the sidelines after he had left the game with his injury.  Had it been close I think he would have played.

Nah. Totally different defense now. They'll rock him. 
Shutting down your boy Dalvin is priority #1.  Keenum beat up on Lovie Smith's ancient defense and they played the Rams really early last year.  Should be a different story this time around. 

No Kwon or Swaggy though.

Shutting down your boy Dalvin is priority #1.  Keenum beat up on Lovie Smith's ancient defense and they played the Rams really early last year.  Should be a different story this time around. 

No Kwon or Swaggy though.
Yup. Bummed to be rooting against Dalvin. :(

Can I turn back the clock a while?  NFLN was just talking about Warren Sapp and how game changing he was.  Marshall Faulk said "Apart from him and Simeon Rice, the rest were just guys".  How wrong is he?  I was pretty young then, but I seem to remember Derrick Brooks being a beast.  Lynch was pretty integral in their defense too.

Can I turn back the clock a while?  NFLN was just talking about Warren Sapp and how game changing he was.  Marshall Faulk said "Apart from him and Simeon Rice, the rest were just guys".  How wrong is he?  I was pretty young then, but I seem to remember Derrick Brooks being a beast.  Lynch was pretty integral in their defense too.
They shut down the Greatest Show on Turf in the 1999 NFC Championship without Simeon Rice.  He didn't sign as a free agent until 2001.  Faulk is way off base.  That defense was dominant for several years in a row.  Brooks, Lynch, and Ronde Barber were all great players.  Several fantastic role players too.  They were extremely disciplined.  Never missed tackles.

Last edited by a moderator:
DB was a first ballot HOF.

2-2

6 of the next 8 are on the road.

Patrick Murray arrives as the kicking savior. 

Kwon and LaVonte return this week. 

I'm looking for some progression from Jameis. It's easy to blame Folk for last week, but Winston left a lot of plays on the field. He needs to step up.

2-2

6 of the next 8 are on the road.

Patrick Murray arrives as the kicking savior. 

Kwon and LaVonte return this week. 

I'm looking for some progression from Jameis. It's easy to blame Folk for last week, but Winston left a lot of plays on the field. He needs to step up.
You don't want to go nuts this early, but I think it's safe to speculate that if they don't win this game this week, they aren't going is to make the playoffs. 

You don't want to go nuts this early, but I think it's safe to speculate that if they don't win this game this week, they aren't going is to make the playoffs. 
It feels that way somehow.  Not getting Miami week 1 and losing the bye is going to hurt this team.  I'm sure we all penciled in an L against the Patriots, but when Gronk doesn't play, you hold them under 20, and go +2 in turnovers you feel like they should be 3-1 and confident instead of 2-2.

@Arizona

@Buffalo

Carolina

@New Orleans

NY Jets

@Miami

@Atlanta

@Green Bay

Detroit

Atlanta

@Carolina

New Orleans

Not many sure things in there.  Have to steal a couple we don't expect them to like last year (KC and Seattle) to get to 10-6.  The good thing is the teams who aren't leading their divisions all seem to be in the same boat as the Bucs.  I imagine that game at home against Detroit will be a big one.

@Capella

Let me know if you want to unload some tickets later this year.  I can't imagine you want to see these losers in person 6 more times.

Embarrassing.  Looking like 6-10 at best.

At least the Lightning are good.

@Capella

Let me know if you want to unload some tickets later this year.  I can't imagine you want to see these losers in person 6 more times.

Embarrassing.  Looking like 6-10 at best.

At least the Lightning are good.
Yes, I do. My wife is due on the 31st so we can't go to many more. The only ones spoken for are the Falcons and Lions game (I know the Falcons one is the best game left, my friend claimed it already)

Capella said:
Done with punt-happy moron Dirk. Fire him and let's get the next loser in here. Guy is a total idiot. 
I hate that too. And that damn toss play. But they lost because the defense gave up 30 points and the Bills left 6 more out there. That’s atrocious. 

I hate that too. And that damn toss play. But they lost because the defense gave up 30 points and the Bills left 6 more out there. That’s atrocious. 
More reason to not be punting inside the opponent 40. You know your defense sucks, gotta press the issue. 

More reason to not be punting inside the opponent 40. You know your defense sucks, gotta press the issue. 
I’d prefer he go for it too. We’ve never had a coach who went for it.

But, 4th and 4 from the 39 is no man’s land and Anger stuffs those inside the 10 pretty consistently. 

I don’t blame this one on Dirk. He finally got Jameis to buy in today. The offense was great. 

I’d prefer he go for it too. We’ve never had a coach who went for it.

But, 4th and 4 from the 39 is no man’s land and Anger stuffs those inside the 10 pretty consistently. 

I don’t blame this one on Dirk. He finally got Jameis to buy in today. The offense was great. 
4th and 4 from the 39 is a go every day, especially when the offense is cooking.

Also, you have to have the defense let McCoy score with 50 seconds left. No way the kicker misses that chip shot. Better odds of scoring a TD with 50 seconds left than him missing a 30 yard field goal. 

4th and 4 from the 39 is a go every day, especially when the offense is cooking.

Also, you have to have the defense let McCoy score with 50 seconds left. No way the kicker misses that chip shot. Better odds of scoring a TD with 50 seconds left than him missing a 30 yard field goal. 
I see what you’re saying about letting him score. Yeah, once they gagged the 3rd down it was over. Only way to get the ball back is to let them get 6, but at that point they weren’t trying to. 

I’m not disagreeing on punting. It’s maddening, and he’s done it a ton the last two years. I do understand his thought process though. It makes a lot more sense if the D is playing well. 

At least the rest of the division seems stuck in neutral too. 

I see what you’re saying about letting him score. Yeah, once they gagged the 3rd down it was over. Only way to get the ball back is to let them get 6, but at that point they weren’t trying to. 

I’m not disagreeing on punting. It’s maddening, and he’s done it a ton the last two years. I do understand his thought process though. It makes a lot more sense if the D is playing well. 

At least the rest of the division seems stuck in neutral too. 
Yea the defense also sucks too. But you have to protect them by scoring points. 

Dan Quinn just went for it at 4th and 7 from the 50 and got it. Amazing what happens when you have a coach who isn't a wimp. 

Last edited by a moderator:
How are they this bad? The entire coaching staff and Jason Licht are in serious danger. Another season over in October.

Koetter punts again from inside the Carolina 40 on 4th and 2 yesterday. 

The defensive line didn’t sniff Cam all day and the offensive line got killed. 3 more turnovers from Jameis. 2 of them the very stupid variety. 

On the positive side, Patrick Murray still hasn’t missed and it looks like a good year to have a top 5 pick. 

Another crap season after a promising one last year. Throw it on the pile. Hope they get a creative coach who hasn't had his got damn balls detached. 

Can any Bucs fan shed light on how the TB D shut down the NYJ last week?

McCown had been playing great. This looked like a plus matchup for him. Think I read that TB sacked him 6 times.

What gives? TB turning a corner on D? Get any injured guys back?

Trying to get a feel for how this MIA/TB game will go.

Users who are viewing this thread