What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Somehow not on the list of teams to never have won a Super Bowl (3 Viewers)

kyoun1e said:
Can any Bucs fan shed light on how the TB D shut down the NYJ last week?

McCown had been playing great. This looked like a plus matchup for him. Think I read that TB sacked him 6 times.

What gives? TB turning a corner on D? Get any injured guys back?

Trying to get a feel for how this MIA/TB game will go.
Not sure it was what the Buc's D did but what the NYJ offensive line didn't do.

https://www.pewterreport.com/srs-fab-5-what-gruden-could-bring-back-to-the-bucs/

:thumbup:

Multiple league sources tell The Ringer’s Mike Lombardi that Bucs coach Dirk Koetter’s job is in jeopardy.

"I think we can officially put Dirk Koetter on the hot seat. Nobody outside the NFL is talking about it, but everybody I talk to in the NFL is and they think it’s going to end up being over for Koetter if he doesn’t get this turned around." The Bucs have lost 5-of-6 games and are averaging nine points over the last three weeks. It’s a huge disappointment given Tampa’s roster and expectations going into the season. Barring a strong finish, Koetter looks unlikely to be back in 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can any Bucs fan shed light on how the TB D shut down the NYJ last week?

McCown had been playing great. This looked like a plus matchup for him. Think I read that TB sacked him 6 times.

What gives? TB turning a corner on D? Get any injured guys back?

Trying to get a feel for how this MIA/TB game will go.
They’ve been playing more of a 3-3-5 alignment. It’s keeping their athletic linebackers, a huge strength, on the field for more snaps. Justin Evans, super athletic second round pick, is playing 100% of the snaps now at safety relegating weaker players to the bench. 

That being said, they’ve given up 30+ points in all of their road games so it remains to be seen which defense shows up today.

Truly mindblown about this team.  I thought we were looking at a 12 win team here.  I really dug the Winston to Evans/Jackson/Howard/nameless white TE combos with Doug Martin coming back.  Maybe next year.

They’ve been playing more of a 3-3-5 alignment. It’s keeping their athletic linebackers, a huge strength, on the field for more snaps. Justin Evans, super athletic second round pick, is playing 100% of the snaps now at safety relegating weaker players to the bench. 

That being said, they’ve given up 30+ points in all of their road games so it remains to be seen which defense shows up today.
Evans is a baller. Great pick. Didn't like it at the time but damn he's good. 

Nice off-season.  I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm and expectations.  I'm usually extremely positive but it never seems to work out favorably. 

As an outsider looking in, I would force feed Mike Evans with 10+ targets a game. That's a starting point for an offense that looked pretty bad the few times I saw them play last season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defensive line overhaul continues.  Vea is a beast.  Now three second round picks to address the secondary, offensive line, and running back.  Looking forward to tonight more than I was the first round. 

That’s because Vea is a hulk that can toss aside guards like rag dolls to rush the passer, and sends quarterbacks running for their lives and often into the waiting arms of defensive ends and blitzing linebackers. At the Senior Bowl PewterReport.com spoke with Washington State quarterback Luke Falk, who Vea terrorized for years in college.

“That guy – you watch him on film and you understand how good he is, and then you play him and you realize he’s even better than you thought,” Falk said. “Their game plan was really, rush three and drop eight into coverage. Vita made it feel like we were getting rushed by six guys. He’s an incredible player and I have nothing but respect for him. I think he’s going to be great in the NFL. He’s special. You don’t find guys like him that can move like he does. It’s only once in a long while that you see guys like him.”

Jameis suspended 3 games.

Brutal schedule.

Vea already hurt.

Offensive line somehow in shambles.

Lame duck coach.

All the makings of a disaster season.  4-12.

Pretty wild. I thought there is no way jameis doesn’t get it back but when you go 400 and 4 in consecutive games...tough to see it. 

However, there are still two games to go. 

This is just totally wild. And I know it’s dumb to complain right now but man we could be having real dreams here if this defense was just a little better. 

I was rueful that I dropped Dalton for FitzMagic after Thursday night, especially when I was going against AJ Green in multiple leagues, now not so much 

i give him 4-6 games before the wheels fall off, but in saying that, is this the best O he has had by a long way?

I'll check back in in a couple months. Hopefully you can shove it in my face.
He could slip and only play half this well and still be better than Winston. For some reason, people love to over-rate Jameis Winston. Is it because he was good in college? This is the best QB play that Tampa Bay has ever gotten. Barring injury, Winston shouldn't even bring his helmet out of the locker room.

He could slip and only play half this well and still be better than Winston. For some reason, people love to over-rate Jameis Winston. Is it because he was good in college? This is the best QB play that Tampa Bay has ever gotten. Barring injury, Winston shouldn't even bring his helmet out of the locker room.
Not that it matters necessarily, but Jameis actually looked and played like the better QB in the preseason.  Who's to say he wouldn't be putting up similar numbers?  There are a lot of factors involved in this hot start.  It isn't just Fitzpatrick.  That being said, you can't change the QB when it's going like this. 

I've waited on QB the last couple years and taken Winston only to be disappointed.  He has yet to live up to the expectations.  He's shown flashes but that's about it.  His eating W's thing also creeped me out last year.

I’ll repeat this again, but the Bucs were 7th in yards per play last year. The only other team in the top-9 who didn’t make the playoffs were the Chargers. Winston has been more than fine and probably would be killing it in this offense. 

Dirk Koetter and Jason Licht have a big decision to make in the next few weeks.
Yup...Do we prefer winning games or losing games?  Do we prefer beard hair in the locker room sink or crab legs for dinner?  Do we want to be a team that scores lots of touchdowns or just a few?  Do we want to revived the NFC South worst to first tradition or try for a better draft pick next year?  Do we want to eat "Ws" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L2p9fldkZ0 or rub beards http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap3000000962635/Ryan-Fitzpatrick-does-a-FitzMagic-beard-rub-during-pregame

Users who are viewing this thread