Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Indefinite Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Somehow not on the list of teams to never have won a Super Bowl

Premier

7 minutes ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

I told y'all he's the better quarterback.

And I'm gonna keep telling y'all, cuz now he got swag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKU9-zB2duQ

That's so awesome, that get-up. That's what you call having enough money to back it up. (Or start, as it were...heh...see what I did there?)

Just now, SeniorVBDStudent said:

Fitz is blatantly mocking Cam.  I have considered foresaking all other teams given how much I love him right now.

I'm so glad I drafted him in Summerpalooza over in the FFA and then dropped him to save certain player's roster spots that I can't name without cursing right now. Fitz is absolutely killing it right now.    

3 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

What do we think about Pittsburgh next week? MNF, national telly yall! :football:

All I know is the stands will be about 50% Steeler fans. I'll be there wearing black and gold, rooting for the wheels to fall off the Fitz wagon.

*Disclaimer: I'm a 49er fan but am taking my Steeler fan girlfriend to the game so I'll be rooting with her. Plus, I hate the Bucs and root against them every game I go to.

9 hours ago, Capella said:

I’ll repeat this again, but the Bucs were 7th in yards per play last year. The only other team in the top-9 who didn’t make the playoffs were the Chargers. Winston has been more than fine and probably would be killing it in this offense. 

Yeah, well they are #1 now which means Winston is not much of a QB. All that tells you is the skill position players are top of the line and anyone can put up #s with them. Winston is proof of that. But it is the QB stupidity that is non-existent with Fitz.

Kind of feels like the Sunday Night game against Dallas a couple years ago.  Obviously this one is much earlier in the season, but it kind of has a similar "win and we'll take you seriously" vibe to it.  They laid a monster egg in that one.  We'll see tonight. 

Pittsburgh can't afford to lose this one, but it looks like they have three starters out.  Two of them on the right side of their offensive line.  Could be a big night for JPP and Vinny Curry if Tampa's secondary can make Ben hold it longer than he wants to.

Shootout written all over it, so I'm expecting something like 17-13.

Bucs homers for us hurting at QB is Winston a good pickup......when does he get his job back? Will they really roll the whole season with Fitz? Sure he’s hot but is Winston still considered the future? Also if he gets the job back is the hook so quick he doesn’t finish games if he struggles a quarter?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Bucs homers for us hurting at QB is Winston a good pickup......when does he get his job back? Will they really roll the whole season with Fitz? Sure he’s hot but is Winston still considered the future? Also if he gets the job back is the hook so quick he doesn’t finish games if he struggles a quarter?

Disregard, think I found the answer.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

he gets his job back around 11:30 tonight, I think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flapgreen said:

Winston stays on bench. 

This was a typical Winston game. Big worthless numbers and another loss. If the Bucs are smart they stick with Fitz all year and cut Winston before wasting 20M on him. He can't do the things that Fitz can do so imagine this team with a franchise QB. The bench is where he should be. Winston is garbage and has benefitted from such awesome playmakers. They bailed out Fitz on a few tonight like they always do with Winston.

McFarland echoing the sentiment that Fitz should be the QB. The players think Winston is a ####. Evans hates him. Yeah, that's inside info. Jackson knows he's useless with Winston in the lineup.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lod001 said:

This was a typical Winston game. Big worthless numbers and another loss. If the Bucs are smart they stick with Fitz all year and cut Winston before wasting 20M on him. He can't do the things that Fitz can do so imagine this team with a franchise QB. The bench is where he should be. Winston is garbage and has benefitted from such awesome playmakers. They bailed out Fitz on a few tonight like they always do with Winston.

McFarland echoing the sentiment that Fitz should be the QB. The players think Winston is a ####. Evans hates him. Yeah, that's inside info. Jackson knows he's useless with Winston in the lineup.

This is the correct take. The fact that we are having the conversation about Winston getting the job back shows that he certainly is not worth extending with a big contract. Not to mention his history and likelihood of future suspensions. 

If you're rebuilding, fitz is probably cheaper as a bridge qb. If you're trying to compete now, fitz has performed better. Winston only makes sense if you're trying to build around him which seems like a losing strategy

• Like 2

Dirk punting the ball there is one of the most weak things I’ve ever seen a head coach do. There is no difference between the Steelers getting a first down 60 yards away or punching the ball in from the 20. Either way if you give it back there you are almost definitely losing. 

You have an offense averaging almost 7 yards a play there and a relatively bad defense against a HOF QB that has been red hot all game and you punt. What a coward. I can’t stand it. 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Capella said:

Dirk punting the ball there is one of the most weak things I’ve ever seen a head coach do. There is no difference between the Steelers getting a first down 60 yards away or punching the ball in from the 20. Either way if you give it back there you are almost definitely losing. 

You have an offense averaging almost 7 yards a play there and a relatively bad defense against a HOF QB that has been red hot all game and you punt. What a coward. I can’t stand it. 

:goodposting:

I tell Fitz when he walks on the field that it's four downs the rest of the way so take what you can get on 1st thru 3rd down.  Worst case you go 4 and out and Boswell hits the upright.

2 hours ago, Deamon said:

Fitz has so far faced the 17th, 28th, 30th ranked pass D in the NFL. 

We'll see what he can do vs the 11th this week.  He's not throwing for 400.

Part of the reason they’re ranked there is because they’ve played the Bucs. No?

I think they’re pretty good too, but I wouldn’t say the Bears have been tested much yet. 

15 hours ago, Grahamburn said:

At least we get Jameis back next week. 

No. You don't. They are soon naming the better QB, the starter for Sunday vs the Bears.

Fitz just set the record of 3 straight 400 yard passing games. He's outperforming anything winston has ever done statistically. His YPA is is 11.1 for the year which is a full 3 yards better than the 2nd stringer with the same group of players. His record with the bucs over the past 2 years is 4-2. Winston is a loser at 3-10 over the past 2 years and a pathetic 18-27 over his career. That's a win % of 40%. Fitz with scrub teams is 41%. 

5 minutes ago, lod001 said:

No. You don't. They are soon naming the better QB, the starter for Sunday vs the Bears.

Fitz just set the record of 3 straight 400 yard passing games. He's outperforming anything winston has ever done statistically. His YPA is is 11.1 for the year which is a full 3 yards better than the 2nd stringer with the same group of players. His record with the bucs over the past 2 years is 4-2. Winston is a loser at 3-10 over the past 2 years and a pathetic 18-27 over his career. That's a win % of 40%. Fitz with scrub teams is 41%. 

Fitz is very overrated.  He looked average last night despite his 400 yards of mostly garbage time after the game seemed sealed.

That being said, he's the better QB right now and should start. 

18 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Fitz is very overrated.  He looked average last night despite his 400 yards of mostly garbage time after the game seemed sealed.

That being said, he's the better QB right now and should start. 

agree.  I thought he looked mostly terrible last night and pitt def pass defense is laughable.

54 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I shouldn't...

It isn't the same group of players.  At all. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, GoBirds said:

All your questions are right & the right ones to be asking.  Sorry but I can't answer them, wish I could.   I do have Fitz & Winston on the same team in two leagues.  TB has some really good weapons at receiver!!!!

“Bucs have already allowed more points in first four games (136) than in any season in their history. 2016 Bucs had the record -- gave up 128 in first four, started 1-3, finished 9-7.”

Come on on you have to fire Mike Smith. By my count there are at least 5 recent pro bowlers on this D (JPP, McCoy, Grimes, Kwon and David). There is absolutely no reason for any nfl defense to give up 6 TDs out of 7 posssssions. Just horrific. 

Edited by Capella
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2018 at 3:56 PM, SeniorVBDStudent said:

I told y'all he's the better quarterback.

And I'm gonna keep telling y'all, cuz now he got swag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKU9-zB2duQ

I see the organization has finally realized that Jameis is not their future.

Hopefully this means that DJAX will retract his request to be traded.

53 minutes ago, Aznflyer14 said:

If I was GM Jason Licht, I would be hounding Colts GM Chris Ballard to trade for his backup QB Jacoby Brissett.  Licht needs to be fully prepared to give up a huge (2nd round and other mid/lower pick(s)) in return for Brissett. 

I don't imagine Jason's owner will allow him to trade any picks away for another QB when the one he drafted with the #1 pick was just benched and may never play for the franchise again.  There's a really good chance Koetter, Winston, and Licht are all gone after this season. 

11 minutes ago, Grahamburn said:

I don't imagine Jason's owner will allow him to trade any picks away for another QB when the one he drafted with the #1 pick was just benched and may never play for the franchise again.  There's a really good chance Koetter, Winston, and Licht are all gone after this season. 

Agreed... Given Licht's propensity of giving up his draft picks easily, I figured he has nothing to lose by trading for Brissett, knowing the fact that his job is now on the line.  Trade deadline has passed and Licht blew his chance.  It's more likely that Licht and current coaching staff will be gone by season end. 

4 minutes ago, Aznflyer14 said:

Agreed... Given Licht's propensity of giving up his draft picks easily, I figured he has nothing to lose by trading for Brissett, knowing the fact that his job is now on the line.  Trade deadline has passed and Licht blew his chance.  It's more likely that Licht and current coaching staff will be gone by season end. 

Are you a Colts' fan?  There's no reason for Licht to trade for Brissett right now, nor would there be any reason for the Glazers to allow him to trade future franchise assets when they don't know who will be the head coach and/or GM next year.  Licht did sign a 2019 extension before the season.  What chance did he blow?  If he is still the GM in the off-season and the franchise indeed does like Brissett they could attempt to trade for him at that point.

As it is they have 3 capable QB's on the roster.