What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite Tampa Bay Bucs thread: Somehow not on the list of teams to never have won a Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

My thoughts are this:

If Gay makes a 30 yard kick against the Giants and the refs don't blow the fake punt fumble play dead against the Titans they're 9-5 right now.  They went toe to toe with the Seahawks in Seattle barely losing to the best QB in the game in OT.  In any other year a 7-7 record at the end of the season is typically right in the thick of it for a Wild Card.

This team is a lot closer than anyone is giving them credit for.  Unfortunately they have a TON of key players who will be free agents.  Barrett, Suh, JPP, Nassib, Jameis.  They'll prioritize Jameis and Shaq first and foremost.  Possibly tagging one, but Licht has never used the franchise tag.  Maybe sign one of the other 3.  Dotson is likely to retire as he has been a turnstile.  They'll need to focus on RT and EDGE early in the draft. 

If the defense can take the next step and Jameis' turnovers regress just to his mean while keeping the same production in the offense they're in a good spot.

Somebody please tell me this nightmare of an experiment is over. That pick 6 should help drive home the bad taste left in this franchise's mouth about Winston. Let him walk.

Somebody please tell me this nightmare of an experiment is over. That pick 6 should help drive home the bad taste left in this franchise's mouth about Winston. Let him walk.
It was the only way that it may wake up the idiots making decisions inside the franchise. I mean, the last play of the season is exactly why the guy is 100% garbage. They have the perfect opportunity to get Trevor Lawrence in 2021.

Super excited. At the least the franchise hasn’t been relevant in 15 years. They just added the greatest QB of all-time. 
I would be too if I were a Bucs fan. And I still think people are throwing dirt on Tom's grave as a FF QB a tad early. His weapons were piss poor last year. Maybe knowing that, he lost some of his fire....but he's got the best receiving core he's had in a long time (maybe ever?) so who knows, maybe a fired up motivated Brady has a lot more left than we think. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be too if I were a Bucs fan. And I still think people are throwing dirt on Tom's grave as a FF QB a tad early. His weapons were piss poor last year. Maybe knowing that, he lost some of his fire....but he's got the best receiving core he's had in a long time (maybe ever?) so who knows, maybe a fired up motivated Brady has a lot more left than we think. 
If the guy gives us 1-2 good years I’ll be thrilled. 

Actually it would make a lot of sense for the Bucs to trade for Trent Williams. Protect Tom's blind side. And I bet they would take OJ Howard or that 2nd and it would be a done deal. 

Haven't been a fan of Tom Brady since he became a MAGA guy.  Not surprising Trump used the Russians to win the election and Tom cheated multiple ways over the years.  That being said, Jameis clearly wasn't the only problem on the offense last season.  The offensive tackles were abysmal, as were the running backs.  The key issue with the running game was the poor blocking.  That combined with the tackles had Jameis getting absolutely destroyed at times.  The interior was good but the outsides of the line sucked, and Brady isn't as mobile as Jameis.  Not to mention if 2yr 30 mil per is accurate, that's a ton of money.  That being said, it's a business and he's going to fill the seats.  Florida subsidizes minor league baseball just for tourist dollars.  The Tom Brady farewell tour should benefit the local economy.

Good luck to Jameis, I'm sure he will win 6 Superbowls now with New England now that he has had Lasik.

Anyone who wants on the wagon.....the prestigious TAMPA BAY BUCCANEER bandwagon.....hurry and hop on now, Lord knows there's plenty of room.
Lions fan, I’ve been looking for a new team, but MSU fan so I’ll NEVER root for Tom brady! 

Also, I tried, but the passion isn’t there for any other team. I am a lions fan, and will be forever unless I get psychiatric help kicking them.

This resembles the Browns thread last offseason... and many Eagles threads in seasons before that...  

I've been buying Tampa Bay the last 2 years, but I'm just not seeing Tom Brady being 2007 Tom Brady. They will likely be better than what they were with Winston, so that's a plus 
I would just be happy with winning season and being in the discussion for the playoffs. It sucks when your season is over in October.

Love my team being garbage for 15 years, signing the greatest QB of all-time and maybe the greatest TE of all-time and the super bowl being in Tampa and the season getting flushed for a GD virus. 

Capella said:
Love my team being garbage for 15 years, signing the greatest QB of all-time and maybe the greatest TE of all-time and the super bowl being in Tampa and the season getting flushed for a GD virus. 
Not sure whether to emoji laugh or cry...sales are thru the roof by the way.

Now what do they do with Howard? 

WIN-WIN on this trade for both sides.  Tom has likely the best receiving corps of his career.

They don’t have the cap room for that. I don’t even know how they’re planning on fitting GRONK in. 
I think Redskins could propose a sign and trade where they take on a large portion of his (Trent's) salary this year to make that happen. We have a ton of room under the cap right now. 

I think Redskins could propose a sign and trade where they take on a large portion of his (Trent's) salary this year to make that happen. We have a ton of room under the cap right now. 
It could happen.  I don't think they would swing this deal today if they didn't already have something in place for OJ.  Brate, OJ, and Gronk is a logjam of assets at the TE position.

Congrats Bucs fans.  I might as well root for you as

<----------

Will suck.

It's going to be a fun year for you...if we play.

Howdy! 

Lifelong Pats fan with family in Tampa area.

Respectfully, I hope you guys have room for someone wanting to hop aboard to watch a couple of his heroes go for one more. 

Helluva season shaping up. Hoping it gets played in front of fans. Will be there for a game or two, 

Also Godwin dynasty junkie. 

:banned:  

Although I'm a Skins fan I've loved watching the Bucs offense the last few years. And I'm towards the end of a Best Ball PPR Dynasty startup and I've got Brady, Godwin, and Evans on my roster. GIDDY UP!!! 

Well sure you guys read the Skins-Bucs were discussing a Trent-Howard trade but "talks fell apart" but it really does make sense for both teams if they can work out cap numbers. 

Well sure you guys read the Skins-Bucs were discussing a Trent-Howard trade but "talks fell apart" but it really does make sense for both teams if they can work out cap numbers. 
Done deal? Looking for a link...

eta: sry I misread something, no deal yet

Done deal? Looking for a link...

eta: sry I misread something, no deal yet
Yeah it fell apart but clearly both teams ARE exploring the idea. And it just makes tons of sense, Trent would be the single best option for protecting Brady you can get, and the Skins have NOTHING at TE, so 2 huge needs solved. 

Yeah it fell apart but clearly both teams ARE exploring the idea. And it just makes tons of sense, Trent would be the single best option for protecting Brady you can get, and the Skins have NOTHING at TE, so 2 huge needs solved. 
Yes but the Bucs don’t have enough cap money to sign their draft picks now. Wouldn’t Trent require 15M? Hard to see how it happens. 

Yes but the Bucs don’t have enough cap money to sign their draft picks now. Wouldn’t Trent require 15M? Hard to see how it happens. 
Would take some creativity for sure. If Bucs sent a day two pick with Howard I bet the Skins would pay a large portion of his salary this year as they have a lot of cap space. 

Users who are viewing this thread