What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike & Mike - unlistenable (1 Viewer)

kupcho1

Footballguy
I can't even switch over when CNN or NFL network (or really, anything) goes to commercial anymore. If it isn't some contrived "argument" it's an original song :X

If I ran ESPN for even 1 day I'd clean house. Just awful.

meh.. they are harmless, mindless 'entertainment' on my drive to work.. Golic seems like a decent guy.. Greenie is a little annoying at times, but I don't hate him..

I admit I do get sick of the stupid songs and the obviously staged arguments, but like I said - mindless..

i can choose 3 sports shows to listen to in the morning... these guys or 2 local shows.

So I bought XM Radio because it was: Fianancial Podcast/Audiobook >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mike and Mike > Total silence >>>>>>>>>>>>> local guy 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> local guy 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> FM Radio with crappy morning DJ's

So the FAA hates Jim Rome, Cowherd, Mike & Mike and Dan Patrick (or at least I do). What does that leave us with?

Lets face it, we're a bunch of whiney spoiled biches and we hate everything.

I agree they aren't that great but I listen to the podcast because they tend to cover everything.

The only thing they do I'd call unlistenable is the stone cold lead pipe locks. It's horrible and every time they finish playing the tape they jizz all over themselves saying it was the greatest thing they've ever heard.

I agree they aren't that great but I listen to the podcast because they tend to cover everything.The only thing they do I'd call unlistenable is the stone cold lead pipe locks. It's horrible and every time they finish playing the tape they jizz all over themselves saying it was the greatest thing they've ever heard.
:goodposting: :lmao: I've had people tell me that I remind them of Mike Greenberg. :bag:

I haven't listened in a few years but had to turn it on yesterday since my sat radio was down. They were talking about some toy dog who was retiring. I thought this is the worst and Greenie made it even more terrible with his fake shock/laughing shtick

Unfortunately almost all of the sports media is about shoving hours and hours of the same story down your throat. Favre. Tebow. Lin.

The last couple days have been "how is Lin like Tebow?"

:deadhorse:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately almost all of the sports media is about shoving hours and hours of the same story down your throat. Favre. Tebow. Lin. The last couple days have been "how is Lin like Tebow?" :deadhorse:
I like the Football Today podcast because they have rules against discussing overdone stories.They used to have "Proposition 4" (no talking about Favre allowed)Right now "Proposition 18" is in effect

Unfortunately almost all of the sports media is about shoving hours and hours of the same story down your throat. Favre. Tebow. Lin.

The last couple days have been "how is Lin like Tebow?"

I like the Football Today podcast because they have rules against discussing overdone stories.They used to have "Proposition 4" (no talking about Favre allowed)

Right now "Proposition 18" is in effect
Ross (the host) is a pretty funny dude. The Football Today podcast is definitely less formulaic and schticky than Mike & Mike.

They aren't bad if they stick to sports, but I want to punch Joaquin, the guy who comes up with the original songs and plays those earworm torch songs whenever a certain QB is mentioned, right in the ears.

If they were unlistenable and it was not open for argument- wouldn't everyone agree and thus they would be out of a job because of not having any customers?

'GreatLakesMike said:
UNC and Duke played a game for the ages last night, and Mike and Mike spent the entire 40 minute drive to work talking about some football player dancing with his shirt off.I pulled in the parking lot and said to myself, "So... this is what it feels like to be a woman." I really didn't like it.
That morning was it for me. They're no better than the View at this point.

So the FAA hates Jim Rome, Cowherd, Mike & Mike and Dan Patrick (or at least I do). What does that leave us with?
Steve Czaban on Yahoo Sports Radio is the best morning sports show on and it's not really close.
I enjoyed him when he was on DC locally.
He does mornings on YSR and does the afternoon drive here on the Sports Reporters on ESPN980.Both are very good :thumbup:
His YSR show is also on WTNT 570AM locally in DC and Channel 208 on XM and 94 on Sirius.I also used to listen to Bill King on college sports on XM 92? and laugh at the callers obsessing over who was being recruited by Bama, LSU and the Gators.

What do you guys think of Scott Ferrall on Sirius?

Only listened a couple of times, but it seems good.

I generally like Mike & Mike except for this time of the year when the only ESPN televised sport they are allowed to beat into the ground is the NBA.

I generally like Mike & Mike except for this time of the year when the only ESPN televised sport they are allowed to beat into the ground is the NBA. :deadhorse:
It's pretty obvious they both don't like baseball. You can tell June-Aug is excruciating for them.

I'd much rather listen to local blowhard Dan Sileo than M&M.
Sileo is on the radio there again? When I lived in TB in the 90s he was given a chance to start, he was OK, left and then I never heard about him again.
Been on since I've got here in 08. Derek Sharp is a good cohost and keeps Dan's ego & big mouth in check. There is nothing but mind numbing platitude on Mike and Mike.

ESPN - Jeremy Lin is like Kurt Warner

Dan Patrick - Jeremy Lin compared to Tim Tebow, oh and Kate Upton is naked doing the Dougie! We can't see the eye candy on the radio!

Local Sports - Jeremy Lin/Tim Tebow who would you want to eat bbq with

I cannot find a good sports radio talk show!

Dan Patrick - Jeremy Lin compared to Tim Tebow, oh and Kate Upton is naked doing the Dougie! We can't see the eye candy on the radio!

Beautiful people look good even doing

There's no such thing.

I generally like Mike & Mike except for this time of the year when the only ESPN televised sport they are allowed to beat into the ground is the NBA. :deadhorse:
It's pretty obvious they both don't like baseball. You can tell June-Aug is excruciating for them.
Greeny kinda likes baseball. But the underlying theme of the show is what ESPN sport or ESPN sports personality can we talk about. Monday they spent 10 seconds talking about Tiger and Phil since that was on CBS but ESPN has basketball so it's all Linsanity all the time. Not surprised they don't talk NHL since ESPN doesn't carry it but I wish they had somebody who would talk college hoops.

Greeny kinda likes baseball. But the underlying theme of the show is what ESPN sport or ESPN sports personality can we talk about. Monday they spent 10 seconds talking about Tiger and Phil since that was on CBS but ESPN has basketball so it's all Linsanity all the time. Not surprised they don't talk NHL since ESPN doesn't carry it but I wish they had somebody who would talk college hoops.
If you've got Sirius, listen to Steve Phillips on Mad Dog Radio in the morning or the MLB show

Users who are viewing this thread