What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Getting ready for the draft in Motown. (28 Viewers)

Anybody going to the free game Monday?
yep got tix this morning, this flash seats thing is kinda of a hassle but whatev
Going to be a weird vibe at that game. Sort of like preseason when many STH give away their tickets or sell them cheap. Nobody cares about either team and the fans have nothing invested, either emotionally or financially.

But hey, free! I'd be going if I still lived around there.

Just hoping the Lions get through the week injury free. Any given Sunday doesn't really apply to Brady in Foxboro. Think they've lost three home games the last six years.

No expectations for tomorrow. Would just like to see the O open up and put some scores on the board, plus come through the match with no new injuries.

Anything else would be a pleasant bonus.

This is where w figured they'd be after we completed the third straight comeback win against the Dolphins. Historically they're not a good road team; Arizona was winnable but the offense let them down. I thought the D was OK yesterday - first back to back 3 n outs all year [for the Pats] - but Stafford was horrible. You could see in the body language of the players the offensive ineptitude took the wind out of everyone's sails.

I don't care how many excuses you want to make for him - there were plenty of drops - 18-46-264-0-1 looks like a rookie QB stat line, not a six year vet. He's 0-16 lifetime v. winning teams on the road. Embarrassing how he continues to come up small when they need him the most.

Next four games are winnable. Probably need three for a playoff spot and a 4 game streak to be in line for a bye. Would be great to have a home playoff game. Winning a playoff game would be a huge step forward.

Defense and ST has to carry the team. Zero sacks the last two games. Prater has been better, we'lll need him down the stretch.

The offensive line has been horrible. Reiff and Waddle won't play Thursday. Lucas and Swanson have to step it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is where w figured they'd be after we completed the third straight comeback win against the Dolphins. Historically they're not a good road team; Arizona was winnable but the offense let them down. I thought the D was OK yesterday - first back to back 3 n outs all year [for the Pats] - but Stafford was horrible. You could see in the body language of the players the offensive ineptitude took the wind out of everyone's sails.

I don't care how many excuses you want to make for him - there were plenty of drops - 18-46-264-0-1 looks like a rookie QB stat line, not a six year vet. He's 0-16 lifetime v. winning teams on the road. Embarrassing how he continues to come up small when they need him the most.

Next four games are winnable. Probably need three for a playoff spot and a 4 game streak to be in line for a bye. Would be great to have a home playoff game. Winning a playoff game would be a huge step forward.

Defense and ST has to carry the team. Zero sacks the last two games. Prater has been better, we'lll need him down the stretch.

The offensive line has been horrible. Reiff and Waddle won't play Thursday. Lucas and Swanson have to step it up.
In reality this team should be 4-7 or 5-6. The Lions are a 500 team at best. This is Staffords 6th season and what you see is what your get. Stafford is not an elite QB nor will he ever be. The offense has not scored a TD in 9 quarters. Stafford is a QB that when he avoids the rush and gets outside the pocket he can make some plays. What Stafford can never do is take a team 80 yards and dissect a defense with accurate short timing passes, 3 step drops to avoid the rush. That is just not going to happen. To watch Brady yesterday was a thing of beauty. Brady knew exactly where to put the ball in every situation. I could not even get upset because I was enjoying watching him play.

In reality this team should be 4-7 or 5-6. The Lions are a 500 team at best. This is Staffords 6th season and what you see is what your get. Stafford is not an elite QB nor will he ever be. The offense has not scored a TD in 9 quarters. Stafford is a QB that when he avoids the rush and gets outside the pocket he can make some plays. What Stafford can never do is take a team 80 yards and dissect a defense with accurate short timing passes, 3 step drops to avoid the rush. That is just not going to happen. To watch Brady yesterday was a thing of beauty. Brady knew exactly where to put the ball in every situation. I could not even get upset because I was enjoying watching him play.
Somewhat agree, but let's compare Detroit to actual .500 teams in the NFC. Let's say +/- 1, so anybody with 4-6 wins right now:

• CHI 5-6
  • MIN 4-7
  • NO 4-6
  • ATL 4-7
  • STL 4-7
We've beaten a couple of those teams and we'll be thumping the Bears and Vikings next. Seriously, unbiased, does anybody think any of those teams are better than Detroit? No way. So I'd say in reality Detroit is a good team, at least in terms of today's parity based NFL.

NFC Playoff contenders:

• ARI 9-2
  • GB 8-3
  • PHI 8-3
  • DAL 8-3
  • SEA 7-4
  • SF 7-4
  • AFC South :lol:
Little harder to make the case now. ARI beat us. We beat GB. We're terrible on the road, but at Ford Field, I'd say the Lions are even money to beat any of these teams. These are all squads with weaknesses and warts. Good defense is an equalizer.

That's why I say if they can put together a little run over the next month, we might win a playoff game for the second time in my lifetime. That would be a huge step forward for the franchise. Baby steps.

Stafford: we won't be getting another $78M franchise QB anytime soon. He's our guy for this run.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Megatron: [/SIZE]How many more years does have left? His 8 year, $132M deal runs through 2020? I figure he's good for 2-3 more elite seasons at the most. Its not like he's a smooth operator who doesn't take hits. Constantly takes a beating and is battling injuries every year. Sooner or later it catches up to him.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Suh has nine toes out the door. [/SIZE]This D is very good but I have a feeling this is peak. Might be replacing both Fairly and Suh in the off-season. Would rather they invest draft picks in the O-line, maybe we can find a FA. Pretty good front 7 overall, and the safeties are play makers.

O-line needs a serious rebuild. Has to be priority run in the off-season.

BobbyLayne said:
Da Guru said:

Somewhat agree, but let's compare Detroit to actual .500 teams in the NFC. Let's say +/- 1, so anybody with 4-6 wins right now:

• CHI 5-6
  • MIN 4-7
  • NO 4-6
  • ATL 4-7
  • STL 4-7
We've beaten a couple of those teams and we'll be thumping the Bears and Vikings next. Seriously, unbiased, does anybody think any of those teams are better than Detroit? No way. So I'd say in reality Detroit is a good team, at least in terms of today's parity based NFL.

NFC Playoff contenders:

• ARI 9-2
  • GB 8-3
  • PHI 8-3
  • DAL 8-3
  • SEA 7-4
  • SF 7-4
  • AFC South :lol:
Little harder to make the case now. ARI beat us. We beat GB. We're terrible on the road, but at Ford Field, I'd say the Lions are even money to beat any of these teams. These are all squads with weaknesses and warts. Good defense is an equalizer.

That's why I say if they can put together a little run over the next month, we might win a playoff game for the second time in my lifetime. That would be a huge step forward for the franchise. Baby steps.

Stafford: we won't be getting another $78M franchise QB anytime soon. He's our guy for this run.

[SIZE=13.63px]Megatron: [/SIZE]How many more years does have left? His 8 year, $132M deal runs through 2020? I figure he's good for 2-3 more elite seasons at the most. Its not like he's a smooth operator who doesn't take hits. Constantly takes a beating and is battling injuries every year. Sooner or later it catches up to him.

[SIZE=13.63px]Suh has nine toes out the door. [/SIZE]This D is very good but I have a feeling this is peak. Might be replacing both Fairly and Suh in the off-season. Would rather they invest draft picks in the O-line, maybe we can find a FA. Pretty good front 7 overall, and the safeties are play makers.

O-line needs a serious rebuild. Has to be priority run in the off-season.
What really hurts in that Mayhew had a Matt Millen type of draft. Lions are getting zero production from last years draft class and Eric Ebron looks lost out there..plus he has hands of stone. There were so many players drafted after Ebron that could have contributed right away.

That being said the Lions should easily finish 10-6. The line between 7-9 and 10-6 in the NFL is really razor thin as the Lions will prove. Last season the Lions with a break or two should have been 10-6 or at worst 9-7 and Schwartz would have been extended.

If the lions win the next 3 and lose their last 2, I do not think the lions make the playoffs at 10-6. One WC will probably go to Dallas/Philly and the other to SF/Sea/Ari. If the Lions win their next 4 and then lose to the Pack, they will most likely

be a wildcard team. The only way I see the Lions getting a first round bye is to win their last 5. I don't see that happening.

:lmao: :lmao: never heard about this 'til just now after the cheap shots

Zach York
October 6, 2013 ·
Dominic Raiola is literally the worst person I have ever had the fortune to encounter. After marching down the field awaiting the national anthem, He went off on a verbal tirade, among other things, questioning my sexuality (as a band member) and then continued on to bring my sister and my recently deceased mother into the conversation. After I refused to give him the satisfaction of turning to look at him, he switched targets to a trombone ranting at him calling him overweight and saying he can't play a real sport. After our halftime show, the same fine gentleman called a female member of the band the "c" word.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/7/4812752/dominic-raiola-obscene-comments-wisconsin-lions-vs-packers

what a pos ---- stay classy, detroit

Zach York

October 6, 2013 ·

Dominic Raiola is literally the worst person I have ever had the fortune to encounter. After marching down the field awaiting the national anthem, He went off on a verbal tirade, among other things, questioning my sexuality (as a band member) and then continued on to bring my sister and my recently deceased mother into the conversation. After I refused to give him the satisfaction of turning to look at him, he switched targets to a trombone ranting at him calling him overweight and saying he can't play a real sport. After our halftime show, the same fine gentleman called a female member of the band the "c" word.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/7/4812752/dominic-raiola-obscene-comments-wisconsin-lions-vs-packerswhat a pos ---- stay classy, detroit
If it makes you feel better, no one here in Detroit likes him either.

Zach York

October 6, 2013 ·

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/7/4812752/dominic-raiola-obscene-comments-wisconsin-lions-vs-packerswhat a pos ---- stay classy, detroit
Good luck this week.

Dominic has been embarrassing the franchise for 14 years. Over 200 starts as a center, zero Pro Bowls. Among other things: flipped off the home crowd one year when they got booed as they were walking off after yet another loss (think this during the 0-16 season), got hit with a paternity suit - he's married with several kids - and has been known to trash teammates in the press. Oh, and after his wife took him back, he stiffed his baby momma on the child support. Got sued for like $170K IIRC.

The Detroit writers gave him the good guy award one year. I don't think that means he's a good guy, just that he has less of a filter than most humans. I used to think he was just a guy who carried his emotions close to the surface, Over the years I've come to the conclusion it's probably not just that he's a weird guy, but probably dealing with a chemical imbalance or mental illness. Dude ain't right.

Not sure why the article you quoted says 2013, I thought the Wisconsin band thing was 2006 or 2008.

Anyway, "Raiola is an #######" ain't exactly news to Lions fans. He's not even a good heel - we're not talking Conrad Dobler here. It's not like Detroit fans are going to stick up for him like, say, Laimbeer/Mahorn. You'll never hear a Lions fan say "Yeah, dirty scumbag player, but he's our dirty scumbag." He's not a good person, he's a suboptimal leader, he's not even very good at his profession. He's retiring at the end of the year, and he won't be missed or fondly remembered.

You think anybody thinks the New England Patriots are a bunch of criminals because of Aaron Henandez? He was a bad dude living a double life. Not sure that guy reflects badly on Craft, Belichick or Brady. He's a thug, whatever.

You think we feel embarrassed about Dom? We know he's a jerk, he's proven that many times over. What he did yesterday was reckless, stupid and wrong. We root for the team and the franchise. If we're talking about most popular Lions Raiola would probably rank close to DFL.

Thanks for playing. Try trolling the Packers thread; pretty easy to get a rise out of them.

Calvin Johnson is the guy I don't understand, I know he was hurt this year, but he doesn't look like he can separate from anyone anymore. I sure since I said this he go off on T G.

Calvin Johnson is the guy I don't understand, I know he was hurt this year, but he doesn't look like he can separate from anyone anymore. I sure since I said this he go off on T G.
The Bears gave up two 100 yard games to Bucs WRs not named Mike Evans yesterday. If Megatron & Tate III can't torch those guys, I don't think we'll score over 20 again this year.

The Bears gave up two 100 yard games to Bucs WRs not named Mike Evans yesterday. If Megatron & Tate III can't torch those guys, I don't think we'll score over 20 again this year.
yeah, and fuller isn't a sure thing to play

last time louis-jean filled in lafell caught 11/11 for 124/1

I wouldn't read too much into a guy disappearing against the pats -- don't think jimmy graham managed a catch against us last year

Zach York

October 6, 2013 ·

Good luck this week.

Dominic has been embarrassing the franchise for 14 years. Over 200 starts as a center, zero Pro Bowls. Among other things: flipped off the home crowd one year when they got booed as they were walking off after yet another loss (think this during the 0-16 season), got hit with a paternity suit - he's married with several kids - and has been known to trash teammates in the press. Oh, and after his wife took him back, he stiffed his baby momma on the child support. Got sued for like $170K IIRC.

The Detroit writers gave him the good guy award one year. I don't think that means he's a good guy, just that he has less of a filter than most humans. I used to think he was just a guy who carried his emotions close to the surface, Over the years I've come to the conclusion it's probably not just that he's a weird guy, but probably dealing with a chemical imbalance or mental illness. Dude ain't right.

Not sure why the article you quoted says 2013, I thought the Wisconsin band thing was 2006 or 2008.

Anyway, "Raiola is an #######" ain't exactly news to Lions fans. He's not even a good heel - we're not talking Conrad Dobler here. It's not like Detroit fans are going to stick up for him like, say, Laimbeer/Mahorn. You'll never hear a Lions fan say "Yeah, dirty scumbag player, but he's our dirty scumbag." He's not a good person, he's a suboptimal leader, he's not even very good at his profession. He's retiring at the end of the year, and he won't be missed or fondly remembered.

You think anybody thinks the New England Patriots are a bunch of criminals because of Aaron Henandez? He was a bad dude living a double life. Not sure that guy reflects badly on Craft, Belichick or Brady. He's a thug, whatever.

You think we feel embarrassed about Dom? We know he's a jerk, he's proven that many times over. What he did yesterday was reckless, stupid and wrong. We root for the team and the franchise. If we're talking about most popular Lions Raiola would probably rank close to DFL.

Thanks for playing. Try trolling the Packers thread; pretty easy to get a rise out of them.
Plus he cheats at golf. My buddies son caddies at Meadow Brook CC in Northville and he said all the caddies know that Dom is a notorious cheater..foot wedges, has never lost a ball.

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10127] You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day.

Least surprising news ever, Da Guru. Dom has always been a Class A putz.

I heard the league said no fine. Before that news came out they asked Caldwell (who was uncharacteristically testy in today's presser) what they would do if he missed time due to a suspension ("We'd deal with it. Next Q."). If we weren't so damn thin as it is I'd like to see Raiola sit out Thursday. DNP - Coaches Decision. #### winning, I'd rather we had a coach say "That's not the Lions way. People who try to resort to cheap shots when they're frustrated aren't welcome here." Never happen and I think they defer to his seniority, but honestly, the guys been in losing teams his entire career. If I were the HC he'd be exactly the kind of guy I would run off before he poisons younger players.

Saw a lot of quit yesterday. Disappointing.

Back home, and playing MUCH easier defenses than they faced the last two weeks, I think they'll right the ship. But the lack of competitiveness yesterday was sad. Hell, JAX has like half a team that are 2nd year or younger, awful team, and they pushed IND around the first half. Forced two 3 and outs, couple stalled DET drives, then the flood gates opened up. Other than Iggy's interception, nobody made any meaningful plays the last three quarters.

We may be struggling for the wildcard at 10-6 if we manage to get to that record, but if one of the Cowboys or Eagles can sweep the 2 game series against each other then that would help.

BobbyLayne said:
Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10127] You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day.

Least surprising news ever, Da Guru. Dom has always been a Class A putz.

I heard the league said no fine. Before that news came out they asked Caldwell (who was uncharacteristically testy in today's presser) what they would do if he missed time due to a suspension ("We'd deal with it. Next Q."). If we weren't so damn thin as it is I'd like to see Raiola sit out Thursday. DNP - Coaches Decision. #### winning, I'd rather we had a coach say "That's not the Lions way. People who try to resort to cheap shots when they're frustrated aren't welcome here." Never happen and I think they defer to his seniority, but honestly, the guys been in losing teams his entire career. If I were the HC he'd be exactly the kind of guy I would run off before he poisons younger players.

Saw a lot of quit yesterday. Disappointing.

Back home, and playing MUCH easier defenses than they faced the last two weeks, I think they'll right the ship. But the lack of competitiveness yesterday was sad. Hell, JAX has like half a team that are 2nd year or younger, awful team, and they pushed IND around the first half. Forced two 3 and outs, couple stalled DET drives, then the flood gates opened up. Other than Iggy's interception, nobody made any meaningful plays the last three quarters.
Caldwell sounded much stronger before the games started, now he seems weak during his pressers. Caldwell has screwed up a few times this year already with clock management. Caldwell says he is all about discipline and doing the right thing on and off the field. Well the Lions have reverted back to the Schwartz days the last few games and he is doing nothing. The last few weeks Caldwell has had that deer in the headlights look on the sidelines that we saw so often in Indy.

We may be struggling for the wildcard at 10-6 if we manage to get to that record, but if one of the Cowboys or Eagles can sweep the 2 game series against each other then that would help.
You are exactly right. If one of them gets swept and finishes tied with the Lion at 10-6 then the Lions will automatically have a better conference record then them (the most conference losses the Lions could have at 10-6 is 4 and the swept team will have at least 5 conference losses, both have 3 now and getting swept would give them 5).

The top wildcard is a better thing this year than most to end up with. Go to the "winner" of the NFC south as opposed to a place like Philly or Dallas. Let's hope even that is still possible after the next couple of games.

QUARTERBACK A+ Matthew Stafford was sharp, start to finish. He had one of the best halves of his career, completing 22 of 26 passes for 275 yards and two touchdowns in the first two quarters. From there, he put it in cruise control to seal the victory down the stretch.

Stafford completed passes to nine different receivers, which is an important component to the New Orleans Saints' success with this offensive scheme that's been transplanted to Detroit.

RUNNING BACKS: A-

Early on, there was little daylight for the ball carriers. But Joique Bell found openings down the stretch to help seal the victory. Two important things to take away from the performance were the conversion of a pair of short touchdown runs by Bell, including a leaping effort on fourth-and-1 in the second quarter, and an impactful presence in the passing game, which included six receptions for 54 yards by Theo Riddick.

WIDE RECEIVERS: A

Was someone saying something about Calvin Johnson maybe losing a step? That was seriously a conversation this week, but Megatron made his return in a big way, catching 11 passes for 146 yards and two touchdowns.

Golden Tate chipped in eight grabs for 89 yards and Jeremy Ross and Corey Fuller each had an explosive gainer (20 or more yards) to round out the attack.

TIGHT ENDS: B

Stafford targeted Eric Ebron early, connecting with the tight end three times in the early going. That forced the Bears to account for him, which opened some stuff up on the outside.

Joseph Fauria and Brandon Pettigrew each chipped in a catch, with Fauria's grab setting up a touchdown after he was hauled down inside the 1-yard line.

OFFENSIVE LINE: C+

It was rough in the early going as Stafford was under heavy pressure in the opening quarter. Jared Allen ripped by guard Rob Sims, forcing the quarterback to fumble deep in his own territory, setting up Chicago's second touchdown.

But the group, which was missing starting left tackle Riley Reiff, settled down the rest of the way, allowing Stafford to get hit just five times.

The run blocking also struggled early, but opened some lanes late as Bell finished with 91 yards on 23 carries.

DEFENSIVE LINE: A

The front four rebounded after two subpar performances, completely shutting down the Bears run game and dropping Jay Cutler in the backfield three times.

The defensive ends -- Jason Jones, Ezekiel Ansah and George Johnson -- had particularly strong performances, combining for two sacks, two quarterback hits, two pass deflections and a crucial stop on third-and-1 in the third quarter when Johnson filled the lane and dropped Matt Forte at the line of scrimmage.

LINEBACKERS: B

There were some leaks in coverage and missed tackles early, but the group settled down nicely. DeAndre Levy made up for a missed tackle in the backfield with 10 stops, including one for a loss and a pass breakup.

DEFENSIVE BACKS: A-

The coverage played off early and paid for it as Chicago drove for an early score with quick passes to the outside. But the group found a groove nicely in the final three quarters, especially cornerback Darius Slay, who broke up three passes -- including one that was intercepted by safety Glover Quin playing over the top in coverage.

SPECIAL TEAMS: B

Matt Prater made both of his field-goal attempts, both from 40 yards and beyond. Punter Sam Martin averaged better than 50 yards on his punts, including one where he pinned the Bears inside their 5-yard line.

Jeremy Ross didn't have his best day, bringing three kickoffs out of the end zone, but finding minimal room and getting dropped behind the 20-yard line twice.

COACHING: A

While the defensive game plan wasn't crisp to start, adjustments were made quickly, which limited the Bears to minimal yards and points after the opening quarter.

While the offense butted its head into a brick wall a few times with early-down runs, the overall play-calling was sharp and created plenty of opportunities for the team's playmakers.

Jim Caldwell did a nice job managing the clock at the end of the first half, leading to a touchdown, and flashed some aggressiveness early, going for it on fourth-and-goal at the 1-yard line. The gamble paid off with a touchdown that sliced an early deficit to three points.

Would love to think we could manage 11-5 but any Lions fan would be slightly deranged ( overtly optimistic ) to think we don't drop one of the Tampa, Minny and Chicago games that are left. History tells us all we need to know. Having said that, we can but hope.

Quick thought - out of Tate and Riddick who has the more nimble and quick change of direction ? Both of them seem to be able shift on a sixpence and make defenders look like fools at times, both of them are super shifty in the extreme. Whichever one it is, it's marginal

Win Probability: New England Patriots 64.9 percent
I thought it would be higher.
I would have bet my life savings NE was going to win that game even with 3-1 odds against. There was. I way they were going to win that game. The GB game is almost the same, but GB does not have the defense so Det could keep that a bit interesting.
The Lions match up pretty well against the pack and already beat them once. Granted the pack seem to be playing better now.

Wouldn't be surprised to see either team win a good game. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions implode. It would be surprising if the pack play poorly.

The Lions have to win their next three games and hope some of the other top teams lose. I think it will take 11 to make it. There will be a couple teams with 10 wins staying home.

I got the Pack losing this week and in Buffalo in a couple weeks. Lions win out, take the two seed behind Philly.

Completely sober.

Also, Michigan beats Ohio Stete today,

Nothing definite either way, but hoping Reiff and Warford are available Weel 14. I don't think Fairly is close.

TIL - the #1 selling NFL jersey in Miichigan is 15. Would have guessed 81, 9 or 90.

I got the Pack losing this week and in Buffalo in a couple weeks. Lions win out, take the two seed behind Philly.

Completely sober.

Also, Michigan beats Ohio Stete today,
You forgot Pistons over Spurs in the NBA Finals.
Red wings - Stanleytigers - world series

that should almost cover it
Those two are plausible.Helluva comeback last night.

Even I can't bring myself to root for the Pistons. 3-13, not even competitive at home versus the Bucks.

Back to Lions: the two best teams of my lifetime on paper were 1970 and 1991. Both finished the season with five straight wins. Both won in Green Bay.

Stafford in December & January:

2009 0-1

2010 0-0

2011 3-2 & 0-1

2012 0-5

2013 1-4

Lost to TB at home in December last year.

This is a better team than any of the last 5 years. Best defense in a long, long time. But that won't mean a thing unless the win the next three.

1 down 2 to go to secure that spot.

One of Philly or Dallas will lose at least 1 of their next two games and can finish 11-5 at best. We beat Minny and Chicago and we are going to Green Bay to decide whether we are in as Champs or wildcard. That would be pretty sweet.

Long way from counting any chickens with the Lions but a couple of home games in a row against weaker D's done and dusted and our fully fit O might be peaking at just the right time.

D has really made us potentially dangerous this year and won us games in first half of season when the O was flat. There's a chance Stafford might be catching fire '11 style for the home straight.

That Bills loss is the one that still hurts. Threw that away.

Aside from the random Schwartz esq segment today at the end of first half, we were all round good.

We might also be getting fit at the right time.

Reiff and Warford back today.

Van Noy into the mix in recent weeks

Bush back

Fairley could yet be back for some post season action if we make it

Fauria back

In general Ebron is beginning to become noticeably effective.

Best I can tell:

Lions go 3-0....win division,, get 1 or 2 seed. Probably 2

Lions go 2-1...Lions get wildcard...really hope 5 seed, but most likily 6 seed.

Lions go 1-2...still have a shot. Dallas would have to lose to Indy and Philly.

That is not every scenario as I don't consider unlikely events like GB or Sea losing two more games.

ETA....lions have tie-break against philly and Dallas , but not Sea or Atl

11-4 and going to Lambeau to play for a bye week. That's the measure of success for me at this point. Can't be competitive in road games against top teams (ARI, NE)? OK, I can accept they haven't made that leap yet. But it's not exactly wishful thinking to say they should be able to beat bad teams four weeks in a row. Halfway there.

Calvin, Stafford and Suh all played like stars yesterday. We had a hard time running the ball yesterday until Joique ripped off the 57 yarder in the 4th, longest run of the year by a good ways. Nice to see Fauria twerking

silly phone...

Ebron getting more involved but still a long ways off from justifying his draft position. Just remember Mike Evans was three before him and OBJ two picks later. He's nowhere close to being a force, but he could still develop I suppose.

Incredible play by the safeties this year. It all starts up front (six sacks yesterday) but Quinn and Iggy have been awesome.

Prater has settled down. Disappointed they passed on two chances to let him try 55-56 yarders.

Wonder why they don't let Tate return punts? Guy was the best PR in the league last year per PFF. Ross is garbage. I can remember lots of guys who played every down during regular season but then moved to PR for the playoffs. They should put him back there.

silly phone...

Ebron getting more involved but still a long ways off from justifying his draft position. Just remember Mike Evans was three before him and OBJ two picks later. He's nowhere close to being a force, but he could still develop I suppose.

Incredible play by the safeties this year. It all starts up front (six sacks yesterday) but Quinn and Iggy have been awesome.

Prater has settled down. Disappointed they passed on two chances to let him try 55-56 yarders.

Wonder why they don't let Tate return punts? Guy was the best PR in the league last year per PFF. Ross is garbage. I can remember lots of guys who played every down during regular season but then moved to PR for the playoffs. They should put him back there.
I would only use Tate in a playoff game or maybe against GB if it is for the division. He is too important to risk otherwise.

They would have taken Evans over him if he was still there but "Baby Steps" Ebron at least seems to finally becoming a part of the offense. I'd like to see some more 3 TE formations inside the redzone with Fauria & BP.

FG kicker is starting to become more of a strength than liability, that crappy rookie might have done us a service by being bad enough to cut & thus eventually get Prater.

Agree on the Jeremy Ross call. He's just extremely...... ordinary. Love watching KO returners that look like they've been shot out of a cannon, or guys who have incredible shiftiness and can make people look silly. Ross does neither and the only reason he broke out that long one last year was pretty much because of the deep snow.

He isn't going to make something happen by himself basically.

Fauria out for the year. Bummer, I like the kid and this was a lost season for him. Hoping Ebron's role continues to expand.

Couple practice injuries reported this week - Darius Slay and Tahir Whitehead limited with shoulder injuries, while LaAdrian Waddle suffered a head injury Wednesday that was reported as a concussion yesterday. I imagine he'll be in the protocol until Saturday. That bites, as Swanson is not a good option.

Vikings are relatively good against the pass and they shut down Stafford (sans Calvin) in the first matchup. Joique has been running well of late and I feel like he is going to be the key Sunday.

Win Sunday and they'll finish the season 7-1 at home for the year.

Absolutely must-win for the Lions this week at home against the Vikings.

Good news is Fairley is making good progress and might actually be ready to play by the end of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread