Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

DETROIT LIONS 2021: Lions Draft: Draft a QB or the best kneecap biter?

20 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

With Quin and Lang off the books, the Lions are a top ten team.

Top 10 teams in official cap space, as of Friday:

1. Colts: $101,523,486
  2. Jets: $95,023,883
  3. Browns: $80,722,665
  4. Bills: $75,324,783
  5. Texans: $73,338,667
  6. 49ers: $64,714,540
  7. Raiders: $62,507,480
  8. Bengals: $50,249,231
  9. Titans: $42,796,847
  10. Lions: $40,081,538

:popcorn:

Only team on the schedule this year are the AB Raiders.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not successfully you couldn’t 

I believe this is the first win the Lions have ever had in January.

I’m usually not one to get caught up in “celebrity” lives, but as a parent my ♥️ goes out to Matthew & Kelly. Her six hour brain surgery morphed into a twelve hour procedure, but she’s walking and

Former Dolphins’ WR Danny Amendola plans to sign with Detroit, per source. Amendola is in Detroit now, taking a physical and as long as there are no complications, he will be a Lion, reunited with GM Bob Quinn and HC Matt Patricia. #Lions

Complete and utter joke this entire regime

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Former Dolphins’ WR Danny Amendola plans to sign with Detroit, per source. Amendola is in Detroit now, taking a physical and as long as there are no complications, he will be a Lion, reunited with GM Bob Quinn and HC Matt Patricia. #Lions

I’ll wait to see the $$ hit. We need, and still need, more at wr. Kenny and Marvin are ok,  and jones seems to fill a wr4/5 role ok, but outside that we got nothing. 50 rec from the slot? Ok- but I suppose I’d rather be drafting a couple guys in the mid rounds or adding someone with a little more to offer. For fantasy purposes I’ll expect another step from golladay with no one behind him to steal reps. 

17 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Championship

• Laughing 1
42 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Come on..Danny is a young 34 and has SuperBowl experience.   This is "The Patriot Way"

What a waste of a roster spot. He's the Blount of wide receivers. He averaged 9.7 yards per catch last year. That is RB and back-up TE level efficiency. 266th worst in the NFL. And for those that might suggest it was due to the Dolphins offensive struggles last year, his career yards per reception average is .....9.7. Every target this guy gets next year will be a total wasted play. 

Edited by Ilov80s
On 3/10/2019 at 6:28 AM, Snorkelson said:

. Looks great- cap room, bunch of mid round picks to work with- but getting FA to Detroit in any sport is hard

Not to excuse the pathetic results of all 4 local pro teams, but this is a real thing. Detroit is only a destination if they overpay FAs. And there goes the supposed level playing field of the salary caps.

Edited by Leroy Hoard
3 minutes ago, Payne said:

I don't mind the signing. 1 year deal. But what I don't like is the tunnel vision toward former Patriots.

If former Patriots were any good, they wouldn't be former Patriots.

The money and length is whatever. I am just worried he is going to get 80 targets. 

40 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

What a waste of a roster spot. He's the Blount of wide receivers. He averaged 9.7 yards per catch last year. That is RB and back-up TE level efficiency. 266th worst in the NFL. And for those that might suggest it was due to the Dolphins offensive struggles last year, his career yards per reception average is .....9.7. Every target this guy gets next year will be a total wasted play. 

They needed an outlet for Stafford..a poor mans Golden Tate.   If they are only looking for a guy who can catch the bubble screen, and the 3-4 yard crossing routes I guess he will be OK.   I doubt he was drawing much interest so with his injury history surprised they did not give him the vet minimum with incentives for catches and games played.

I think this is a culture move.  Bring in a guy that knows "The Patriot's Way" and have him help show it to the other guys.  I don't particularly like it, but a one year deal also isn't the end of the world, and there isn't anything saying he can't be cut.

3 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

I think this is a culture move.  Bring in a guy that knows "The Patriot's Way" and have him help show it to the other guys.  I don't particularly like it, but a one year deal also isn't the end of the world, and there isn't anything saying he can't be cut.

They did that trick with blount......didnt work.....should of resigned tate....

I think the Amendola signing will look better when we see the contracts that marginal talents like Humphries and Crowder are going to get... He fills a need, it's not sexy but theres a limited number of guys who are going to be able to catch 250MPH rockets from Stafford over the middle while being hammered repeatedly by ILBs.   I wouldn't be surprised if Ellington comes back as well.

28 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

I bet they still draft a WR, DA could just be a transition guy until the rookie is ready.

Agreed, it is a big need.

19 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

They needed an outlet for Stafford..a poor mans Golden Tate.   If they are only looking for a guy who can catch the bubble screen, and the 3-4 yard crossing routes I guess he will be OK.   I doubt he was drawing much interest so with his injury history surprised they did not give him the vet minimum with incentives for catches and games played.

They do need a slot WR but what is the point of giving those touches to an aging veteran with no upside and no big play ability? 

5 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Maybe we can trade for Kyle van noy....

Or instead of drafting a TE at #8, if only we had a guy like Ebron on the roster. 

I don't care how many drops he had.....he was 1000x's better than what they rolled out at TE last year. 

The only good thing is a part of his contract allowed them to trade for snacks. 

30 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Agreed, it is a big need.

They do need a slot WR but what is the point of giving those touches to an aging veteran with no upside and no big play ability? 

Dola is a former Pat.  Maybe they want him for leadership and to explain to the young players "The Pat way works"

Edited by Da Guru
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, Mt. Man said:

If the alternative turns out to be Adam Humphries at 10 mil+, then meh. 

Otherwise, in before they grab Flowers, Dwayne Allen, McCourty, and the Patriots' waterboy.

Humphries is 25 and just entering the prime of his career. He averages a full yard more per catch, was 8th in the NFL in YAC vs Danny's 44th. Danny signing fills a void for a WR 4 or 5 but I expect given his $4.5 guaranteed that we plan to use him as our slot WR. Besides that that every target he gets is a waste, it also means we still have a hole at slot WR we need to fill in the draft. 

25 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Humphries  and Crowder are so much better. I wish we signed one of them.

I think you'll be glad they didn't. Amendola isn't a world beater, but he's also costing less than half of what either of those guys will cost, doesn't lock you into a long term deal, and still allows you to draft a WR highly. None of those guys are difference makers in my opinion, so why not get the cheapest one?

• Like 1
Just now, travdogg said:

I think you'll be glad they didn't. Amendola isn't a world beater, but he's also costing less than half of what either of those guys will cost, doesn't lock you into a long term deal, and still allows you to draft a WR highly. None of those guys are difference makers in my opinion, so why not get the cheapest one?

Honestly, they aren't even in the same conversation. Danny is a backup level player in the twilight of his career. Humphries is an average starting NFL slot WR entering his prime. We are comparing a back-up who will be gone in a year with a long term starter. Given how huge the need for a slot WR is, I think this means they still need to spend a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a guy who can be ready to start by at least midseason. So it did not fill any holes or anything. Which is fine as long as they don't plan on targeting him 80 times a game. 

2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Honestly, they aren't even in the same conversation. Danny is a backup level player in the twilight of his career. Humphries is an average starting NFL slot WR entering his prime. We are comparing a back-up who will be gone in a year with a long term starter. Given how huge the need for a slot WR is, I think this means they still need to spend a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a guy who can be ready to start by at least midseason. So it did not fill any holes or anything. Which is fine as long as they don't plan on targeting him 80 times a game. 

I don't disagree that Humphries is better than Amendola, I just don't think Humphries is anything special, and he would require at least double the money this year, and a long term commitment. In this deep WR class, I'd rather have that day 2 WR than Humphries, and Amendola doesn't effect that. I also wonder if Humphries is good, or if he just benefited from teams being much more concerned about Evans, D-Jax, Howard etc.

2 minutes ago, travdogg said:

I don't disagree that Humphries is better than Amendola, I just don't think Humphries is anything special, and he would require at least double the money this year, and a long term commitment. In this deep WR class, I'd rather have that day 2 WR than Humphries, and Amendola doesn't effect that. I also wonder if Humphries is good, or if he just benefited from teams being much more concerned about Evans, D-Jax, Howard etc.

True, I am just having flashbacks to when they signed Blount and everyone with a brain assumed it was just as a veteran back-up but then the Lions made him the starter and gave him the ball 154 times. 

52 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I am not totally up on all WR contracts but is $4.5 million a year a good deal for a 4th WR?

Based on 2018 salaries, it would make him the 49th highest paid WR, so not really, but that said, several of the WR's in the 40-55 range are mediocre vets like Seth Roberts, Allen Hurns, Jermaine Kearse, Torrey Smith. All of those guys make slightly more, and I'd prefer Amendola to any of them. Just under $4.5 million is Cordarrelle Patterson, Ted Ginn and Willie Snead. I'd probably rank Amendola equal to them.

14 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Based on 2018 salaries, it would make him the 49th highest paid WR, so not really, but that said, several of the WR's in the 40-55 range are mediocre vets like Seth Roberts, Allen Hurns, Jermaine Kearse, Torrey Smith. All of those guys make slightly more, and I'd prefer Amendola to any of them. Just under $4.5 million is Cordarrelle Patterson, Ted Ginn and Willie Snead. I'd probably rank Amendola equal to them.

That is fair, it's the basic junk pile of WRs. 

He may have marginal NFL value as a chain-mover a couple times per game, but that's really all he is.  Zero fantasy relevance on an offense with almost zero fantasy relevance.

He hasn't surpassed 65 catches in 9 years, he's never had 700 yards nor more than 4 TDs. 

Why are we talking about him?

Just now, tangfoot said:

He may have marginal NFL value as a chain-mover a couple times per game, but that's really all he is.  Zero fantasy relevance on an offense with almost zero fantasy relevance.

He hasn't surpassed 65 catches in 9 years, he's never had 700 yards nor more than 4 TDs. 

Why are we talking about him?

Interesting. When I listen to some of the podcasts, Kenny and Kerryon are two the players people seem most excited for this year. 

3 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Interesting. When I listen to some of the podcasts, Kenny and Kerryon are two the players people seem most excited for this year. 

I'm a crotchety old Lions fan, I've given up all hope.

They want to run the ball and play defense.  Kerryon is not a pounder and Golladay won't be getting the 125 targets that we want him to.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

I'm a crotchety old Lions fan, I've given up all hope.

They want to run the ball and play defense.  Kerryon is not a pounder and Golladay won't be getting the 125 targets that we want him to.

Yeah, I am not super optimistic either. 

4 hours ago, Da Guru said:

Yea but at $4.5mm?

3 minutes ago, whoknew said:

The #Lions are closing in on a deal with former #Seahawks CB Justin Coleman that will make him the NFL's highest-paid nickel, source said. Big addition for Matt Patricia's defense.

Well at least Danny will have a quality guy to practice against.

7 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Former patriot coleman.....lmfao...complete and utter joke

Slot WR & Slot Nickel -- priorities, right? >.>

Has the youth, but 4/36 for a guy who probably won't even cause Tabor to be gone? Oof.  Even before the 'another former Patriot' angle.

• Da Guru changed the title to DETROIT LIONS 2021: Lions Draft: Draft a QB or the best kneecap biter?