What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Getting ready for the draft in Motown. (7 Viewers)

They can beat Dallas IMO.
literally zero road wins against a winning team in Stafford's career.
Dallas would be considered a road game?
opening line is Dallas -7
And?
Your team is very likely to lose their game of handegg next weekend vs the team from Texas.
Pretty scientific analysis you have there, thanks. :thumbup:

Grading the Lions performance in the 20-30 loss at Green Bay:

QUARTERBACK: D+

Matthew Stafford's performance had a little bit of good and a little more bad, resulting in a below-average performance overall. On the positive side, he completed three well-placed touchdown passes, two to Calvin Johnson. Also, Stafford didn't throw an interception and picked up two first downs with his feet.

The bad included plenty of missed throws, some high, some low, some wide, leading to a completion percentage under 50 percent. Stafford also dropped too deep in the pocket in the fourth quarter, and when pressure arrived he was forced to take an intentional grounding on a safety.

In the biggest game regular season game for the Lions in recent memory, the franchise quarterback wasn't efficient enough.

RUNNING BACKS: D

Joique Bell had some outstanding runs in this game, making tacklers miss and picking up yards after contact. But the whole performance was undone by one play, a fumble early in the fourth quarter, giving the Packers the ball back in Lions' territory. Green Bay converted that turnover into a touchdown and a 14-point advantage.

Theo Riddick did some damage in the passing game late, including a touchdown, but it was too little too late.

WIDE RECEIVERS: C

Johnson came up with two scoring grabs, but just four catches for 39 yards, his fifth consecutive game against the Packers where his production was decreased.

Golden Tate led the team, but with just 45 yards. Jeremy Ross chipped in two grabs for 33 yards, both first downs, while Corey Fuller was held without a catch as his only target sailed out of bounds.

TIGHT ENDS: C

Rookie Eric Ebron had a nice blitz pickup and flashed some potential as a downfield option for the first time in several weeks, catching two long first downs including a personal-best 22-yarder in the first half.

OFFENSIVE LINE: C+

The unit held up well through three quarters, allowing little pressure to get to Stafford and creating quality running lanes around the edges for the running backs. But there were two key breakdowns in the fourth quarter, helping the Packers seal the win.

First, the front allowed too much interior pressure on a fourth-and-10 in Packers territory, which led to a tipped, and subsequently incomplete pass. Pressure on the next series forced Stafford into an intentional grounding penalty in the end zone, giving the Packers a 16-point advantage.

DEFENSIVE LINE: D+

The bar for the defensive line has been set so high, but this was a disappointing performance any way you slice it. The Packers were able to run almost at will against the front four, with Eddie Lacy becoming the first back to gain 100 yards against the Lions this season. James Starks chipped in 26 yards on five carries, including a 21-yard romp on Green Bay's offensive possession.

As for the pass rush, despite a hobbled Aaron Rodgers, the group didn't get home enough, with the lone sack coming against backup Matt Flynn.

The group does deserve credit for the shining moment of the contest, a four-down, goal-line stand in the opening quarter.

LINEBACKERS: D

The linebackers are also culpable for the failure to slow Lacy and the Packers ground game. DeAndre Levy finished with another double-digit tackle day, but neither he or any another member of his unit had a stop for a loss. Levy also picked up a face mask penalty in the red zone trying to bring down tight end Richard Rogers near the sideline.

DEFENSIVE BACKS: D-

Rodgers had no problem picking apart Detroit's secondary, completing 77.2 percent of his passes. Slot corner Cassius Vaughn struggled handling Randall Cobb, getting burned for a 34-yard gain and a 13-yard touchdown, both on slants.

There were also multiple missed tackles in the back end, including big whiffs by safeties James Ihedigbo and Isa Adbul-Quddus, that allowed the Packers to extend drives. Ihedigbo did make up for one of his missed tackles by forcing Lacy to fumble, giving the ball back to the Lions.

SPECIAL TEAMS: D

The Lions special teams put them in an early hole, giving up a 55-yard punt return for a touchdown in the opening quarter. Then in the third frame, Sam Martin's attempted pooch kickoff trickled out of bounds. That gave Rodgers a short field, which he converted into a touchdown drive.

That should be enough to fail the group, but there were some big positive plays, including a blocked field goal by Abdul-Quddus, two quality returns by Jeremy Ross and a recovered fumble on a "onside" free kick following the safety.

COACHING: F

The defense didn't have a counter for Lacy or Rodgers' quick passing game, getting beat both on the ground and through the air.

On offense, despite the ground game being effective, the team was never able to establish a viable passing game, despite two of the best weapons in the NFL. Stafford's accuracy issues didn't help the cause here, especially when he overthrew Johnson getting behind the defense on one of the team's lone deep shots.

The call to go short on the kickoff backfired, costing the Lions valuable field position. And finally, Jim Caldwell's decision to challenge Lacy's catch and fumble, a pretty cut-and-dried call with the receiver on the ground at the time of contact, cost the Lions a potentially valuable timeout in the second half.

I don`t understand...I have watched the Lions my whole life and now they are 11-4 for the first time in my life. I should be so excited about this team yet for some reason I am not. I am happy they won but the Bears quit weeks ago and Jimmy started his first game in 4 years.
I have the same feeling. If I felt like the Lions were building toward something it would feel better, but this is as good as it's going to get, IMO. Suh is leaving and, while I was all for them trying to trade him prior to this season, he is going to be a huge loss. Added to that, it sounds like Austin could be one and done. Losing him would be as big as losing Suh.

If we can keep Austin and Mayhew does an adequate job of replacing the loses on the D-Line, I think things could improve. Those are Big IFs.

At some point I think it's legitimate to call Lombardi's offensive scheme into question. Joique has been running well since late November, Calvin has been healthy, yet there has been no consistency in the passing game. Stafford gets sacked a ton yet zero screen passes are called. Need to get Ebron more involved as well.

I like this Det/Dal matchup. Dal Has been firing on all cylinders offensively the pays few weeks and Det is still a very good defensive team. That matchup alone makes this game worth watching. Another nice aspect is that Dal struggles to create pressure upfront so the Det oline will be somewhat neutralized and I think allow Det to score if needed to keep pace with Dal. Eventually I think Dal wins. They are just too strong offensively, playing hot and at home. Looking forward to this game, though.
Good points. Detroit still needs to show they can beat a good team on the road. This game would certainly qualify.

At some point I think it's legitimate to call Lombardi's offensive scheme into question. Joique has been running well since late November, Calvin has been healthy, yet there has been no consistency in the passing game. Stafford gets sacked a ton yet zero screen passes are called. Need to get Ebron more involved as well.
Good offenses usually have at least a 3rd passing option, and Ebron has been slow to develop. Would not mind them getting someone offseason to fill that role as well as replace Ross on returns. Draft they should go OL early.

Plenty of blame to go around:

• D line had its worst game , getting gashed by Lacy & not generating pressure - 1 sack on Flynn, none on Rodgers
  • LBs had zero TFL
  • Dig missed so many missed tackles he got benched
  • punt return TD
  • kickoff after tying the game went out of bounds, Rodgers had TD drive off short field
  • Bell fumble immediately after blocked FG, led to the TD that put it out of reach
Patchwork O line played well. Only knock on Swanson was his shotgun snaps were more crisp than Stafford is used to, Reynolds did OK filling in for Warford.

Stafford had no turnovers, but the offense was ineffective when it mattered most.

As my old coach used to say, that play/game is over, time to move forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good offenses usually have at least a 3rd passing option, and Ebron has been slow to develop. Would not mind them getting someone offseason to fill that role as well as replace Ross on returns. Draft they should go OL early.
What hurts the Lions is quality depth..Mayhew had a Matt Millen type 2014 draft. Lions got almost zero production from last years draft class. Ebron made another huge drop when he was wide open yesterday that really cost the Lions points. Lions drafted another TE who has bad hands early in the first rd when quality players were on the board. The 2 point conversion call at the end was very puzzling.

What hurts the Lions is quality depth..Mayhew had a Matt Millen type 2014 draft. Lions got almost zero production from last years draft class. Ebron made another huge drop when he was wide open yesterday that really cost the Lions points. Lions drafted another TE who has bad hands early in the first rd when quality players were on the board. The 2 point conversion call at the end was very puzzling.
It's a ####### art form for him:

Round 1 - Pick No. 10 (10) - TE Eric Ebron (North Carolina)

Round 2 - Pick No. 8 (40) - OLB Kyle Van Noy (BYU) *from Seattle*

Round 3 - Pick No. 12 (76) - C Travis Swanson (Arkansas)

Round 4 - Pick No. 33 (133) - CB Nevin Lawson (Utah State) *compensatory*

Round 4 - Pick No. 36 (136) - DE Larry Webster (Bloomsburg) *compensatory*

Round 5 - Pick No. 18 (158) - DT Caraun Reid (Princeton) *from Dallas*

Round 6 - Pick No. 13 (189) - WR TJ Jones (Notre Dame)

Round 7 - Pick No. 14 (229) - K Nate Freese (Boston College) *from Dallas*

Brian Xanders gets a bonus pool budget of $70K to go find UDFA, and for the second year in a row he topped the guy running the draft who has a $7.2M bonus pool.

Seriously could not make this #### up.

If we were looking to give Stafford some help this year, instead of wasting the ten pick on a TE that obviously needs to develop why not get a WR in one of the deepest classes of all time....if not the best of all time.

You can't tell me these guys wouldn't have helped more than a part time TE with average hands.

Odell Beckham-???

Kelvin Benjamin

Brandon Cooks

Jordan Matthews

Jarvis Landry

Davante Adams

i guess Mayhew thought he wouldn't be able to get a TE of Ebron's caliber four or five, or 10 picks later. Yeah. :doh:

This is two TE's taken in the first round by this team and neither has consistently helped us win games.

Brian Xanders gets a bonus pool budget of $70K to go find UDFA, and for the second year in a row he topped the guy running the draft who has a $7.2M bonus pool.

Ebron would not go until the third rd if they drafted today. Van Noy was hurt but when he came back was not impactful at all. Swanson is a project center who could have been had in the 5th rd. Lawson is a very under sized CB who might be able to play nickel at best. Webster was a project who did nothing, Ried nothing, Jones nothing and Freese was cut.

Ebro at 10 needed to be an impact type of player he just is not dynamic at all. Add in the fact his hands are worse than Pettigrew's and he can`t block. After Watkins and Evans were drafted I thought for sure if the Lions were going WR that Odell Beckam was the guy. I was shocked when Mayhew took Ebron. What is concerning now is that Austin is going to get a HC job in college of the NFL after the season. That is the one person the Lions can`t afford to lose.

You step on an ankle accidentally and everyone thinks ill will and wonders why this game has gone soft.

Jack Tatum and Deacon Jones are rolling over in their graves.

Ebron would not go until the third rd if they drafted today. Van Noy was hurt but when he came back was not impactful at all. Swanson is a project center who could have been had in the 5th rd. Lawson is a very under sized CB who might be able to play nickel at best. Webster was a project who did nothing, Ried nothing, Jones nothing and Freese was cut.

Ebro at 10 needed to be an impact type of player he just is not dynamic at all. Add in the fact his hands are worse than Pettigrew's and he can`t block. After Watkins and Evans were drafted I thought for sure if the Lions were going WR that Odell Beckam was the guy. I was shocked when Mayhew took Ebron. What is concerning now is that Austin is going to get a HC job in college of the NFL after the season. That is the one person the Lions can`t afford to lose.
Agree with most of that but I have say Swanson has graded out well this. No issues with his play yesterday other than his shotgun snaps have more zip than Stafford is accustomed to handling. Regardless of where they got him, if he stays healthy that's your C for the next decade.

Ebron graded really well blocking the last month, and had an awesome blitz pickup yesterday. Not what they drafted him for, but just saying he is making progress in that aspect.

The rest of the picks are all incompletes but it doesn't look good.

If we were looking to give Stafford some help this year, instead of wasting the ten pick on a TE that obviously needs to develop why not get a WR in one of the deepest classes of all time....if not the best of all time.

You can't tell me these guys wouldn't have helped more than a part time TE with average hands.

Odell Beckham-???

Kelvin Benjamin

Brandon Cooks

Jordan Matthews

Jarvis Landry

Davante Adams

i guess Mayhew thought he wouldn't be able to get a TE of Ebron's caliber four or five, or 10 picks later. Yeah. :doh:

This is two TE's taken in the first round by this team and neither has consistently helped us win games.
The Loins had already signed Golden Tate. If they had drafted another WR, Mayhew would have been pilloried as the second coming of Millen. They ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT DRAFT A WR IN THE FIRST ROUND.

You step on an ankle accidentally and everyone thinks ill will and wonders why this game has gone soft.

You step on an ankle accidentally and then intentionally step on the leg again with your other foot and Jack Tatum and Deacon Jones are both smiling happily.

You step on an ankle accidentally and then intentionally step on the leg again with your other foot and Jack Tatum and Deacon Jones are both smiling happily.
He should have stopped his momentum after being pushed backwards because he is concerned about stepping on a player.

Agree with most of that but I have say Swanson has graded out well this. No issues with his play yesterday other than his shotgun snaps have more zip than Stafford is accustomed to handling. Regardless of where they got him, if he stays healthy that's your C for the next decade.

Ebron graded really well blocking the last month, and had an awesome blitz pickup yesterday. Not what they drafted him for, but just saying he is making progress in that aspect.

The rest of the picks are all incompletes but it doesn't look good.
Like you said, you don't draft a TE at number 10 for his blocking.

So he drafted better than Millen!

Odell Beckham-???

Kelvin Benjamin

Brandon Cooks

Jordan Matthews

Jarvis Landry

Davante Adams

The Loins had already signed Golden Tate. If they had drafted another WR, Mayhew would have been pilloried as the second coming of Millen. They ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT DRAFT A WR IN THE FIRST ROUND.
So you take a TE? :shrug:

Who is going to pay Suh $100 million if he can't even stay in the lineup because of stupidity?
For the love of god, talent trumps all in the NFL.

Does anyone really think a team does not want a Suh on their roster? People will line up to get him.

Mort just reported that Suh may be suspended for the Dallas game.
Game over if so.
It was already 50-1 against. This doesn't change anything.
Yeah, Dal was probably winning anyway but it changes a lot. As we've seen a key to slowing Dal down is stopping Murray. If you can do that you have a chance. Not having Suh greatly reduces Det chances of doing that. I think they need to hope Stafford plays out of his Ming in a homecoming now.

Who is going to pay Suh $100 million if he can't even stay in the lineup because of stupidity?

Does anyone really think a team does not want a Suh on their roster? People will line up to get him.
The NFL invests a lot of money in psychological evaluations of players because they want to avoid head cases. Not saying someone won't pay it, but Suh's activities are going to make teams shy away and reduce his market value. Suh's a super talented player, but he requires special handling.

And thus endeth Suh's career with the Lions. Ugh

ETA: that he was unavailable after the game yesterday speaks volumes to the kind of guy he is. I'm hoping losing him next year will be addition by subtraction.

Would be ironic if he plays for the Cowboys next year. He could be the Cowboys MVP of next week's game before he evens signs.

ETA: that he was unavailable after the game yesterday speaks volumes to the kind of guy he is. I'm hoping losing him next year will be addition by subtraction.

Would be ironic if he plays for the Cowboys next year. He could be the Cowboys MVP of next week's game before he evens signs.
Suh has ran his course in Detroit. Time to open up a ton of cap room and let him walk. On another note Caldwell is a buffoon! Caldwell has got away with numerous clock management errors this season, yesterday Caldwell challenges a play "ala Schwartz" after the refs told him it was not a challenge play and that the runner was ruled down by contact..Caldwell threw the red flag anyway. Going for it on 4th and 11 instead of attempting a 47 yard FG. Caldwells pressers are now getting surlier than Schwarz and he basically will not explain any move and says nothing.

Nothing has changed..Lions still making stupid mistakes, players getting suspended 2 weeks in a row for dirty plays and the HC making game time blunders.

Suh has ran his course in Detroit. Time to open up a ton of cap room and let him walk. On another note Caldwell is a buffoon! Caldwell has got away with numerous clock management errors this season, yesterday Caldwell challenges a play "ala Schwartz" after the refs told him it was not a challenge play and that the runner was ruled down by contact..Caldwell threw the red flag anyway. Going for it on 4th and 11 instead of attempting a 47 yard FG. Caldwells pressers are now getting surlier than Schwarz and he basically will not explain any move and says nothing.

Nothing has changed..Lions still making stupid mistakes, players getting suspended 2 weeks in a row for dirty plays and the HC making game time blunders.
Only a Detroit fan would call a coach that led his team to the playoffs and an 11-5 record a buffoon. Detroit fans do not deserve good teams, the fans in the town claim to be loyal but all I see is pure smack talk about their teams on all accounts.

Tigers fans complain about the bullpen even though they are always a front runner.

Pistons fans only come around when they are winning.

Lions fans complain about anything and everything.

Something about the Red Wings though, but I would even question their fans loyalty if they put up a non playoff season.

2015 - we should have between $20-30M in cap space next year. That preliminary number will be ratcheted up, it always is, but regardless, we have around $9.6M in dead money from Suh restructured contracts that will count against it. Between 9, 81 and 90 we'll be forking out around $53M next year.

Disagree on some of your take on Caldwell. Clock management, whatevs, ####### epidemic among NFL head coaches. I actually agreed with the challenge. Not real time, but afterwards it was discussed that if Levy caught the ball first without touching his arm, it could have been overturned. The play was still live, they didn't run in there blowing whistles and pointing down like they do when its down by contact. Def debatable about the 47 yard FG - Prater is no sure thing into the wind on a chewed up field. Totally disagree on his pressers. He's a pretty good natured guy. I don't know if you listen to snippets, but I listen to the whole thing live on Monday's and listen to his daily comments that get uploaded. I think he's shown good leadership this year. He treats the players like men, and while he is hard/fast with his rules on being late, he defers to discussing practice schedules and travel arrangements with the players leadership council. I also spend a lot of time listening to player interview - not snippets, but within context - and I believe the players are firmly behind him. We can nitpick about specific decisions, Monday morning quarterbacking is a long tradition, but the results tell me all i need to know. This is only the fourth Lions team to win 11 or more games, and the first rookie Lions coach to do it since 1931.

As for Suh and the suspension, #### him, its deserved. Now he'll be someone else's problem.

Agree with a lot of this. Caldwell's attitude in the presser is a big issue. Maybe it's a culture that refuses to change. Doesn't matter how well things go, the moment things don't go their way the players resort to cheap shots and the coach resorts to belittling reporters for asking a legit question.

And the challenge? It looked like the ref was throwing him a bone by explaining what's going on and he blew the timeout anyway.

It's disturbing.

You guys could win this game, no doubt. Its not like Dallas has huge homefield advantage.......The thing is, without Fairley and Suh.........Maybe you should be the Detroit Leg stompers.

I'm just excited my 'Boys are hosting a playoff game and didn't fold in December!......The Cowboys fan in me still half expects them to crap the bed though.......We'll see.

I don`t understand...I have watched the Lions my whole life and now they are 11-4 for the first time in my life. I should be so excited about this team yet for some reason I am not. I am happy they won but the Bears quit weeks ago and Jimmy started his first game in 4 years.
I have the same feeling. The reality is the 11-4 record is a bit of a mirage due to favorable scheduling and some bad opposing coaching decisions. They only played against 5 teams with a winning record and only 2 of those on the road (lost both). They really should have lost to the Saints and the Falcons but lucked into back to back wins. But good teams find a way to win. And if they somehow beat the Packers on Sunday, they will finish with a perfect division record. Has that ever happened before?
Nope.

They were in the West/Western Division 1934-66, and it never happened. From 1967 on they've been in the Central or North with the same 3 teams and thus had 6 divisional games for 23 seasons, and 8 divisional games for the other 25 seasons (1977-2001) when the Bucs were part of the Central.

The best divisional records in the 81 seasons in Detroit:

• 1983 7-1 v. Divisional foes, 2-6 rest of schedule
  • 1991 6-2
  • 1995 6-2
  • 1997 6-2
Lots of 4-2 and 3-3 (or worse) seasons since the SB era began, but those are the only seasons with 5 or more division wins (5-0 so far this year).

Again, while SRS and Power Rankings and your eyeballs might say otherwise, this is already a top 5 season in Detroit Lions history regardless of what comes in the next few weeks. And again, it's a very modest history.
2014 divisional record: 5-1, best season ever in the four team format of the NFC Central/North (1967-76, 2002-2014). 23 years, best divisional record ever.

As noted above, went 6-2 three times in the nineties and 7-1 in 1983.

Frustrating loss yesterday, but that doesn't alter the fact this is one of the best Lions teams in franchise history.

As noted several times, it's a modest history.

2015 - we should have between $20-30M in cap space next year. That preliminary number will be ratcheted up, it always is, but regardless, we have around $9.6M in dead money from Suh restructured contracts that will count against it. Between 9, 81 and 90 we'll be forking out around $53M next year.

Disagree on some of your take on Caldwell. Clock management, whatevs, ####### epidemic among NFL head coaches. I actually agreed with the challenge. Not real time, but afterwards it was discussed that if Levy caught the ball first without touching his arm, it could have been overturned. The play was still live, they didn't run in there blowing whistles and pointing down like they do when its down by contact. Def debatable about the 47 yard FG - Prater is no sure thing into the wind on a chewed up field. Totally disagree on his pressers. He's a pretty good natured guy. I don't know if you listen to snippets, but I listen to the whole thing live on Monday's and listen to his daily comments that get uploaded. I think he's shown good leadership this year. He treats the players like men, and while he is hard/fast with his rules on being late, he defers to discussing practice schedules and travel arrangements with the players leadership council. I also spend a lot of time listening to player interview - not snippets, but within context - and I believe the players are firmly behind him. We can nitpick about specific decisions, Monday morning quarterbacking is a long tradition, but the results tell me all i need to know. This is only the fourth Lions team to win 11 or more games, and the first rookie Lions coach to do it since 1931.

As for Suh and the suspension, #### him, its deserved. Now he'll be someone else's problem.
Bobby..I thought you looked up the Lions Strength of schedule. It was just on the radio that the Lions had the second easiest schedule in all of football this past season. And the 4 playoff teams the Lions played they combined score was 102 to only 39 by the Lions. Sometimes records can be a bit deceiving.

Bobby..I thought you looked up the Lions Strength of schedule. It was just on the radio that the Lions had the second easiest schedule in all of football this past season. And the 4 playoff teams the Lions played they combined score was 102 to only 39 by the Lions. Sometimes records can be a bit deceiving.
It was 16th before we played the Bears, Vikes and Bucs. Guess that dragged them down.

It was 16th before we played the Bears, Vikes and Bucs. Guess that dragged them down.
Yes..it was pretty weak at the end.

The NFL invests a lot of money in psychological evaluations of players because they want to avoid head cases. Not saying someone won't pay it, but Suh's activities are going to make teams shy away and reduce his market value. Suh's a super talented player, but he requires special handling.
Remove him from Detroit and he probably is fine. I also think Suh as a person is not horrible he just makes random horrible decisions. If you get some quality leadership around him who will take him by the helmet and tell him to knock that crap off it likely will go away.

Better yet go to Green Bay and he can't ever be filmed stomping on Rodgers again haha.

Its been 2 years right since his last real issue? His issue now is not that he is being dirty its that he has a record of being dirty and unfortunately stepped on someone the week after his teammate was suspended almost making it seem like they are going out of their way to step on division rivals ankles.

I could see him going down to Texas to join JJ Watt possibly and turn his image around?

Mort just reported that Suh may be suspended for the Dallas game.
Game over if so.
It was already 50-1 against. This doesn't change anything.
Yeah, Dal was probably winning anyway but it changes a lot. As we've seen a key to slowing Dal down is stopping Murray. If you can do that you have a chance. Not having Suh greatly reduces Det chances of doing that.I think they need to hope Stafford plays out of his Ming in a homecoming now.
Interestingly enough, Vegas odds have not gone up with the news: http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Suh is on record as saying where he goes "is out of his hands, not his decision to make." Which should be interpreted to mean he told his agent: your job is to get me the biggest deal you can, wherever that may be.

Most guys get to that stage of their career and they're thinking about legacy, championships, situation primed to make a run at the Super Bowl, etc. Suh wants money above all else. The floor would seem to be well north of McCoy and Watt money - he wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.

Suh is on record as saying where he goes "is out of his hands, not his decision to make." Which should be interpreted to mean he told his agent: your job is to get me the biggest deal you can, wherever that may be.

Most guys get to that stage of their career and they're thinking about legacy, championships, situation primed to make a run at the Super Bowl, etc. Suh wants money above all else. The floor would seem to be well north of McCoy and Watt money - he wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.
He should be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.

Totally agree. Suh never talks about wanting to play for Detroit in the future and looks at the NFL as a business not a game as he should. Suh has no loyalty to any team only himself and he will go to whoever pays him the most money.

He should be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.
Well I guess he is - $100M for six years. Williams got $96M. McCoy's 7 year extension was $95.2M.

Highest paid player/QB is Jay Cutler, so I guess one could aspire to that.

Users who are viewing this thread