What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions 0-0: Who comes? Sutton goes.. (12 Viewers)

Suh is on record as saying where he goes "is out of his hands, not his decision to make." Which should be interpreted to mean he told his agent: your job is to get me the biggest deal you can, wherever that may be.

Most guys get to that stage of their career and they're thinking about legacy, championships, situation primed to make a run at the Super Bowl, etc. Suh wants money above all else. The floor would seem to be well north of McCoy and Watt money - he wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.
He should be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.
Well I guess he is - $100M for six years. Williams got $96M. McCoy's 7 year extension was $95.2M.

Highest paid player/QB is Jay Cutler, so I guess one could aspire to that.
Cutler & Suh would make a great pair.

Barring getting to play for a team you grew up rooting for or for your hometown team, why would ANY player not want to play for the team that offered the most accommodations for your service? NFL careers are ephemeral, so you need to make the most money while you still have the capacity to make it. At some point, if you have played for a team for an extraordinary amount of time I suppose a one team legacy question would enter the picture, but owners will throw you on the trash pile if your skills slip so why give them a discount when your skills are still in demand? If it were not about the money, then what would prevent players from colluding to create super teams a la the Miami Heat attempt in the NBA?

Suh is on record as saying where he goes "is out of his hands, not his decision to make." Which should be interpreted to mean he told his agent: your job is to get me the biggest deal you can, wherever that may be.

Most guys get to that stage of their career and they're thinking about legacy, championships, situation primed to make a run at the Super Bowl, etc. Suh wants money above all else. The floor would seem to be well north of McCoy and Watt money - he wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.
Look at the news about Brady today. If Suh wanted to win he has/had as good a shot as any right where he is. Seeing Staff, Calvin and Suh were all drafted before the rookie salary stuff went through, they could have, or more like should have, gotten together and saved the team a bundle for free agency. Obviously they don't want to play together.

I have this feeling only one of these guys will remain in Detroit....and unfortunately for us it's probably Stafford.

Suh only cares about himself, he will go where ever the money is the greatest. After this incident it might be back to Detroit. Most franchises know better than to give that kind of money to a guy that has shown he could miss games at anytime because he is a moron.

He should only be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL if they pay based on personal fouls. The guy isn't even the best defensive tackle in the game, let alone the best defensive player.

If Suh actually did care about his team or teammates at all he would have tried to restructure his deal in the off season. He didn't and it cost them between 5 and 10 million dollars in cap space. That money could have been used to sign Flowers when he was cut from the Chiefs, or a few other guys that had nice seasons after being cut because of cap reasons.

Lastly, Caudwell is a tool. He cost his team a shot at that game. As bad as the Lions played if he changes two of his decisions in the game, both were horrible decisions, they have a chance. First was the 4th and 10 or 11 when he went for it instead of trying a field goal. IF they make that field goal it is 30- 24, the second was wasting a timeout on that stupid challenge, the refs even came over there and told him the rule and asked him if he still wanted to challenge. That would have saved a timeout. So that would have left the game at 30 - 24 Green Bay with the ball at 3rd and 8 and they have to decide if they want to throw the ball to try to end the game or run it and force the Lions to use their last timeout. I am not saying they would have won they game, but they would have had a chance. The way he acted in his press conference was childish too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Look at the news about Brady today. If Suh wanted to win he has/had as good a shot as any right where he is. Seeing Staff, Calvin and Suh were all drafted before the rookie salary stuff went through, they could have, or more like should have, gotten together and saved the team a bundle for free agency. Obviously they don't want to play together.

I have this feeling only one of these guys will remain in Detroit....and unfortunately for us it's probably Stafford.
lol, Brady is 10 yrs older than Suh and that much richer... ofcourse he doesn't want to leave the guy that made him. But please point out the 27ish yr old QB that has taken a discount on their 1st go around in FA.

Barring getting to play for a team you grew up rooting for or for your hometown team, why would ANY player not want to play for the team that offered the most accommodations for your service? NFL careers are ephemeral, so you need to make the most money while you still have the capacity to make it. At some point, if you have played for a team for an extraordinary amount of time I suppose a one team legacy question would enter the picture, but owners will throw you on the trash pile if your skills slip so why give them a discount when your skills are still in demand? If it were not about the money, then what would prevent players from colluding to create super teams a la the Miami Heat attempt in the NBA?
Agreed. This isn't baseball where guys can play 20 seasons. Why should Suh take a discount? He is the best interior lineman in the game, and should become the highest paid defender in the game.

The comparisons to Brady's situation are foolish.

lol, Brady is 10 yrs older than Suh and that much richer... ofcourse he doesn't want to leave the guy that made him. But please point out the 27ish yr old QB that has taken a discount on their 1st go around in FA.
Don't you think at some point all the millions are enough and winning would become more important..?

Don't you think at some point all the millions are enough and winning would become more important..?
No.

Winning only becomes important when you can no longer command millions - or even a roster spot. Prior to that, getting paid is the most important thing.

No.
This is correct. I love my job/company and get paid quite well to do what I do, but if someone were to come along and offer me a 20-25% raise I would have to take it.

There are people who disagree with this mindset and I understand their viewpoint, I'm just on the other side of fence.

Also, as good as Suh is, he's a scumbag and I hope one day he files for bankruptcy.

I'm sure when he leaves Detroit those sentiments will be shared by most in this thread.

Also, as good as Suh is, he's a scumbag and I hope one day he files for bankruptcy.

I'm sure when he leaves Detroit those sentiments will be shared by most in this thread.
He's a pretty disruptive force. He signed up for four years with an option, and opted out. His choice. Gave us two great years sandwiched around two good years. He doesn't owe anybody anything. I never begrudge players who think selfishly of looking out for themselves and taking care of their family first. It's a violent, young man's game, and the earnings window is very narrow. Get it while you can.

I honestly don't have much of an opinion on him as a person. He's very guarded, nobody knows anything about him. Friends with Warren Buffet is about as much as anything we've learned about him in four years. I follow the Lions very closely and know very little about him, other than he's a pretty bad driver, appears to be incredibly focused during games, sometimes does stupid or "dirty" things. His teammates think he's a great guy. They see a side of him the press and the fans are never shown. I don't mind rooting for a heel (Bill Laimbeer) if his story resonates with me. With Suh, there is no connection. He's a good player, but I don't really identify with him the way I have certain Red Wings or Tigers. He's just a highly compensated athlete who plays for a team I root for. I never defend him and I have no reason to bash him.

Whatever. Next year it'll be next man up. Life goes on.

No.
This is correct. I love my job/company and get paid quite well to do what I do, but if someone were to come along and offer me a 20-25% raise I would have to take it.

There are people who disagree with this mindset and I understand their viewpoint, I'm just on the other side of fence.
My life and my children's life and my relative happeness would not change one bit if I made $85 million or $105 million. Being somewhere where I accomplished the most and enjoyed playing would be much much much more important. Maybe Suh does not like Detroit and he just does not want to say it, who knows.

Another 'road' game in London next year:

With the conclusion of the 2014 regular season, next year's opponents have been set.

The 2014 regular season is officially over. The Detroit Lions still have business to attend to in the playoffs, starting in Dallas next Sunday, but end of the year means the Lions 2015 slate of opponents is now finalized.

The Lions' 30-20 loss in Green Bay Sunday means they finish second in the NFC North and will play the second-place teams in the crossover games vs. the NFC East and NFC South. The Lions will play all four teams in the NFC and AFC West next season as part of a rotating NFL schedule among divisions.

Their second-place finish in the North means the Lions will host the Philadelphia Eagles (second place in NFC East) and travel to New Orleans to play the Saints (second place in NFC South) to round out their 2015 opponents.

The Lions will play their regular home-and-away series with Green Bay, Chicago and Minnesota and will host Arizona, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Denver and Oakland.

They'll hit the road to face Seattle, St. Louis, San Diego, Kansas City and New Orleans along with Green Bay, Chicago and Minnesota.

The Kansas City game will be played in London on Nov. 1.

Green Bay, Seattle, Denver and Arizona all qualified for the playoffs this year.

Dates and times will be announced at a later date in the spring.

I try not to make personal judgments on a person's character based on what I see on a football field.

You are gone - hook, line, and sinker - when you go there.

Let me get this straight: You think potential free agents should prioritize winning, and you think that's an argument for Suh to stay with the Lions? :lmao:

Calvin is under team control through 2019, Stafford 2017.

No.

My life and my children's life and my relative happeness would not change one bit if I made $85 million or $105 million. Being somewhere where I accomplished the most and enjoyed playing would be much much much more important. Maybe Suh does not like Detroit and he just does not want to say it, who knows.
I've never really bought this argument. It's all about perspective. Let's say instead of $85M, we're talking about someone who makes $85K. Most people who make that much would see a pretty big difference between $85K and $105K. They would have a hard time turning down a job that raised their pay by that much, it would make a material difference in their day-to-day lives, etc. And yet there's a guy living on a trash heap in Mumbai who would view that discussion the same way we would view pro athletes' deliberations over $85M vs. $105M. (And when Suh hangs out with his good buddy Warren Buffet he probably can't understand why Buffet would agonize over $8.5B vs. $10.5B.)

I suspect for a lot of these guys, it's about ego more than anything else. They all think they're the best, and they want their pay to reflect that. Wasn't there some story about Brady asking for his annual salary to be exactly $1 more than Peyton's?

No.

$20 million is $20 million.

That changes a couple more generations of your family's lives.

This is a weak argument imo.

BobbyLayne said:
thatguythere said:
BobbyLayne said:

Calvin is under team control through 2019, Stafford 2017.
Calvin has no guarantees after 2015 or 2016. So he could be cut for cap relief. Not saying it will happen, but if his cap number is huge and he has another injury filled year I could see it.

Regarding Suh signing for Money or signing for less to be on a winner: Sometimes signing for less and playing for a winner actually nets you more in exposure, endorsements, post football career opportunities, etc. I think Ego has

a lot to do with players wanting the biggest contract. I think that is probably what Suh will go for.

TDorBust said:
jon_mx said:
Jerry Curl said:
jon_mx said:
Who is going to pay Suh $100 million if he can't even stay in the lineup because of stupidity?
For the love of god, talent trumps all in the NFL.

Does anyone really think a team does not want a Suh on their roster? People will line up to get him.
The NFL invests a lot of money in psychological evaluations of players because they want to avoid head cases. Not saying someone won't pay it, but Suh's activities are going to make teams shy away and reduce his market value. Suh's a super talented player, but he requires special handling.
Remove him from Detroit and he probably is fine. I also think Suh as a person is not horrible he just makes random horrible decisions. If you get some quality leadership around him who will take him by the helmet and tell him to knock that crap off it likely will go away.

Better yet go to Green Bay and he can't ever be filmed stomping on Rodgers again haha.

Its been 2 years right since his last real issue? His issue now is not that he is being dirty its that he has a record of being dirty and unfortunately stepped on someone the week after his teammate was suspended almost making it seem like they are going out of their way to step on division rivals ankles.

I could see him going down to Texas to join JJ Watt possibly and turn his image around?
For three reasons, I think this will not happen: First, The Texans still have some bad contracts that they are living with (Johnson, Cushing) so they really don't have the cap space to sign Suh. Second, Suh is definitely not a Bob McNair type person, and I don't think McNair would want any part of Suh. Finally, third, I don't think Suh really cares about turning his image around. Has there been any indication he is displeased with the image he has?

Suh and Watt on the same D-line though would be pretty fun to watch, though.

BobbyLayne said:
Another 'road' game in London next year:

With the conclusion of the 2014 regular season, next year's opponents have been set.

The 2014 regular season is officially over. The Detroit Lions still have business to attend to in the playoffs, starting in Dallas next Sunday, but end of the year means the Lions 2015 slate of opponents is now finalized.

The Lions' 30-20 loss in Green Bay Sunday means they finish second in the NFC North and will play the second-place teams in the crossover games vs. the NFC East and NFC South. The Lions will play all four teams in the NFC and AFC West next season as part of a rotating NFL schedule among divisions.

Their second-place finish in the North means the Lions will host the Philadelphia Eagles (second place in NFC East) and travel to New Orleans to play the Saints (second place in NFC South) to round out their 2015 opponents.

The Lions will play their regular home-and-away series with Green Bay, Chicago and Minnesota and will host Arizona, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Denver and Oakland.

They'll hit the road to face Seattle, St. Louis, San Diego, Kansas City and New Orleans along with Green Bay, Chicago and Minnesota.

The Kansas City game will be played in London on Nov. 1.

Green Bay, Seattle, Denver and Arizona all qualified for the playoffs this year.

Dates and times will be announced at a later date in the spring.
They better get their #### together in the offseason, that schedule looks a lot tougher than this year's.

thatguythere said:
BobbyLayne said:

FYI, Brady's restructuring has nothing to do with making the team more competitive, since it doesn't really affect the Pats' salary cap. It's just about preserving his flexibility.

thatguythere said:
BobbyLayne said:

FYI, Brady's restructuring has nothing to do with making the team more competitive, since it doesn't really affect the Pats' salary cap. It's just about preserving his flexibility.
Yes it does, it has to do with resigning free agents with 24 mil open to spend. He wouldnt have gave up the guarantee if it didnt help. How does more money to spend not help a team? :loco:

thatguythere said:
BobbyLayne said:

Yes it does, it has to do with resigning free agents with 24 mil open to spend. He wouldnt have gave up the guarantee if it didnt help. How does more money to spend not help a team? :loco:
Since you're too ####### lazy to click and read:

The Patriots cap hit just went up by $1M per year. Taking the guarantee off the table means the Patriots don't have to put the $24M into escrow (complete non-issue, but that's the sole impact to the team), but Brady didn't give up a dime - in fact he's now due raises of $1M per year. What it does do is give the player flexibility in where he ends up should New England decide to trade him. They'll also be free to cut him this off season or any of the remaining three years without taking the hit to the cap for guaranteed money.

This didn't free up $24M for the Pats to spend *(unless you wanna believe Bob Kraft is cash poor). All it did was give Brady flexibility in choosing his next team, an event he probably views as inevitable at some point (see Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, et al). This was about retaining a measure of control, not magnanimity.

Since this is a Lions thread...

Dallas by the numbers:

The number of rushing yards for Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray. Murray's 1,845 yards leads the NFl...and by a wide margin. Murray has 484 more yards than any other running back in the league. Pittsburgh's Le'Veon Bell ranks second with 1,361 yards. Murray is also second in the league in runs of 20 yards or more with 15. He is tied with Seattle's Marshawn Lynch with league-leading 13 rushing touchdowns.

The number of rushing yards per game Murray has averaged since having surgery to repair a broken bone in his left hand on Dec.15. Murray still leads the league with a 115.3 yards per game average. In the two games since his surgery, the Cowboys running back has carrier the ball 42 times for 158 yards, although his per carry average of 2.7 against the Indianapolis Colts in his first game back was a season low.

The length of run Murray had against Washington this past week when he moved past Dallas legend Emmitt Smith for the single-season rushing record. It was Murray's 12th game this season with 100 yards or more, the most ever in Cowboys history and the sixth-most in NFL history.

The number of receiving touchdowns for Dez Bryant this season after hauling in two against Washington. As if Murray's record-setting season wasn't enough to worry about for the Detroit Lions' defense, Bryant is busy making history as well. His 16 touchdown receptions is a Dallas Cowboys single-season franchise record, previously held by Terrell Owens. It's been the year of the wide receiver across the league, with guys like Bryant all the way down at No. 8 in total receiving yards (1,320). The combination of Bryant and Murray this past Sunday gave the Cowboys their highest point total of the season with 44. In fact, Dallas has been so good offensively, we didn't even get to a Tony Romo statistic in this list.

8-0
Dallas' unbelievable record away from home this season. And while the Cowboys will be taking on Detroit in the comfy confines of Jerry's World this Sunday, their road record still says something, historically speaking. Since 1970, seven teams have posted perfect road records. Six of those seven teams have reached the Super Bowl.

Detroit Lions reflect on 'brutal honesty' of who they are heading into playoffsALLEN PARK -- The Detroit Lions have been saddled with negative storylines for more than a week, with suspensions to Dominic Raiola and Ndamukong Suh bookending a loss against the Green Bay Packers in the division championship game.

But the Lions dodged a bullet Tuesday when Suh's one-game suspension was overturned by a neutral arbitrator. They'll have their best defensive player Sunday when they open the postseason in Dallas against the Cowboys (4:40 p.m., Fox).

Now, with Suh's ordeal behind him, the Lions can finally focus on football rather than the drama. They begin preparations Wednesday afternoon when they hold their first practice of the week in Allen Park.

"One of the big things with this time of year, the postseason, you've got to be able to certainly turn the page, look ahead, get refocused -- but yet, not run away from the brutal honesty of where you are too," Lions coach Jim Caldwell said. "It gives you a chance still to address some of the issues that you might have."

The Lions' issues are on the field as well as off. Their offense finished the regular season 19th in yards (340.8) and 22nd in points (20.1).

Detroit went 1-4 against playoff teams this year, and averaged just 10.2 points in those games.

"I don't know," left guard Rob Sims said, when asked what Detroit must do to get its offense working. "I don't know. I don't know. We keep working toward it, and we'll get there."

The Lions' offense does catch a break against Dallas, which ranked just 19th in total defense during the regular season and has lost star defensive tackle Henry Melton for the playoffs due to a knee injury. But they won't get any favors on the other side of the ball.

The Cowboys (12-4) feature one of the NFL's most dangerous offenses with their new Big Three of quarterback Tony Romo, receiver Dez Bryant and tailback DeMarco Murray. Romo completed 74.8 percent of his passes in December, a league high. He connected on nearly 70 percent of his passes for the season and finished with an NFL-best passer rating of 113.2. Bryant, his top wideout, caught 16 touchdowns himself. That was three more than anyone else this season, and broke Terrell Owens' franchise record.

Despite Romo's ascent into MVP consideration, and Bryant's record-setting year, Murray might be Dallas' most dangerous player right now. He led the NFL in rushing with 1,845 yards. He averaged 115.3 yards per game, which blew away the field. Only Houston's Arian Foster was within 30 yards of him, and he still had only 95.8.

"I'm not certain that we've seen a more complete team," Caldwell said. "Just in terms of how explosive they are, the quarterback is certainly a strong MVP candidate, so is Murray. They've been able to run the ball extremely well, they've been lighting it up on the outside. Dez Bryant is setting record after record in terms of touchdown catches.

"They have one of the best tight ends in the business. They have an offensive line that's incredible, in terms of what they've been able to accomplish. You know, all across the board this is a very, very good team."

thatguythere said:
BobbyLayne said:

Well, you could read the Barnwell piece I linked to above rather than dismissing it out of hand. In short, they still have to pay him the $24M (in fact, it's now $27M). The only difference is that they don't have to put it in an escrow account right now. They would save money if they cut or traded him, but that's something different.

It is truly sad that the franchise with one of the most decent, passionate, hard-working fan bases in the NFL also has to be the home of some of the dirtiest players in football.

Hard to root for the Lions these days, even against Dallas.

It is truly sad that the franchise with one of the most decent, passionate, hard-working fan bases in the NFL also has to be the home of some of the dirtiest players in football.

Hard to root for the Lions these days, even against Dallas.
:lmao:

Suh's defense during his appeal was that his feet were numb and he couldn't feel what he was stepping on. What a joke, I would have extended his suspension for giving that 3rd grade excuse.

We do have a thread dedicated solely to Suh right on page one. The Patriots and Tom Brady have their own threads.

Any reason to think Joe Lombardi's will have anything innovative this week? Zero screen passes again? Token involvement for Ebron? Lions offense has been flat awful in the 5 games they played against playoff teams (CAR GB ARI NE GB).

They almost surely need a TD from the defense to keep pace. Cowboys have drafted three pro bowl lineman in the last four years. Big challenge for the front 7.

Game Notes
Lions Won 11 games, tied for 2nd most in season in team history & most by Lions since 1991 (12)... JIM CALDWELL tied POTSY CLARK (11, 1931) for most wins by Lions head coach in 1st season with club. Caldwell is 3rd head coach in team history to lead team to playoffs in 1st season... Lions had 3 players selected to Pro Bowl: WR Calvin Johnson(5th), S Glover Quin (1st) & DT Ndamukong Suh (4th)... QB Matthew Stafford passed for 4,257 yards, his 4th consecutive 4,000-yard season. Owns 4 of top 5 passing seasons in team history. Has 18,912 pass yards since 2011, 2nd most in NFL. Is 2-0 in career vs. Dal. & had 488 pass yards in last meeting. Had 380 pass yards & 3 TDs in only postseason start... RBReggie Bush has 5 career postseason TDs (2 rush, 2 rec., 1 PR). RB Joique Bell led team with 860 rush yards & 7 rush TDs. Reached 1,000+ scrimmage yards (1,182) for 2nd consecutive year. RB Theo Riddick had 4 rec. TDs, tied for most by NFC RB... WR Johnson had 1,077 rec. yards, his 5th consecutive 1,000-yard season. Since 2011, leads NFL with 6,214 rec. yards & 105.3 rec. yards per game. In last game vs. Dal., had 14 catches for franchise-record 329 yards & TD. Has 4 TDs in past 3 meetings. In only playoff game, had 12 catches for 211 yards & 2 TDs. WR Golden Tate led team with career-high 99 catches & 1,331 yards, his 1st 1,000-yard season. Had 5 100-yard rec. games... Lions led NFL in rush defense (69.3) & was 2nd in league in total defense (300.9). Club held opp. to 100 rush yards or fewer in 14 of 16 games & 50 rush yards or fewer in 5 games. Detroit had 20 INTs, 2nd most in NFC. S Quin led NFL with career-high 7 INTs. Is 1st Lion to lead NFL in INTs since HOFer LEM BARNEY in 1967. Quin (7) & James Ihedigbo (4) combined for 11 INTs, most by S duo in NFL. LB DeAndre Levyled team with 150 tackles, 2nd most in NFL. Has 7 INTs since 2013, most by NFL LB. DE EZEKIEL ANSAH had 7.5 sacks & has 15.5 sacks in 1st 2 NFL seasons. CB Darius Slay led club with career-best 17 PD. LB Tahir Whitehead was 2nd on team with career-high 76 tackles. Had 2 INTs, 1st 2 INTs in career. 8 different Lions had INT, incl. 5 with 2+ INTs. Club ranked 2nd in NFC & 3rd in NFL allowing 4.96 yards per play on 1st down. Lions outscored opp. 104-71 in 4th Q.

Cowboys Are 33-25 (.569) in postseason. Team's 33 playoff wins are tied for most in NFL history. Have played 58 postseason games, most in league history. This is Dallas' 31st time in postseason, tied for most in NFL history...Team's 12 wins tied for most in NFL. JASON GARRETT is 5th Cowboys head coach to win 12+ games in season... Cowboys had 6 players selected to Pro Bowl: WR Dez Bryant (2nd), C TRAVIS FREDERICK (1st), rookie G ZACK MARTIN (1st), RB DeMarco Murray (2nd), QB Tony Romo (4th) & T TYRON SMITH (2nd). Team's 6 offensive selections are most in NFL... QB Romo led NFL with franchise-record 113.2 rating. Has 2 of 3 100+ rating seasons in team history. In Dec., was 4-0 with 12 TDs, 1 INT & 133.7 rating. Has 102.3 rating in 4 career starts vs. Det... RB Murray led NFL with team-record 1,845 rush yards & 12 100-yard games. Murray passed HOFer EMMITT SMITH for most rush yards & most 100-yard rush games in season by Cowboy. Tied for NFL lead with 13 rush TDs. Cowboys were 2nd in NFL in rush offense (147.1)... WR Bryant led NFL with franchise-record 16 rec. TDs. Since 2012, leads NFL with 41 rec. TDs. Is only player in NFL with 12+ rec. TDs in each of past 3 seasons. Had 88 catches for 1,320 yards & 16 TDs, his 3rd consecutive season with 85+ catches, 1,200+ yards & 12+ TDs. Has 5 TDs in 3 meetings & has TD catch in all 3 games vs. Det. TE Jason Witten had 703 rec. yards & is 2nd TE in NFL history (TONY GONZALEZ) with 700+ rec. yards in 11 consecutive seasons. WR Terrance Williams was 2nd on team with career-high 8 rec. TDs. WR Cole Beasley & TE Gavin Escobar each had 4 rec. TDs... Cowboys had 4 players with 70+ tackles: S Barry Church (93), LB Rolando McClain (81), rookie LB Anthony Hitchens (73) & S J.J. Wilcox (70). CBsSterling Moore (13) & Orlando Scandrick (9) had most PD on club. LB Bruce Carter had career-high 5 INTs & led NFL LBs. Had 2 INTs in Week 17. DE Jeremy Mincey led team with 6 sacks & has 5 sacks in past 7 games. DT Henry Melton had 5 sacks, his 3rd 5-sack season in past 4 years... K Dan Bailey has made 89.8 pct. of FGs in career (114 of 127), highest mark in NFL history (min. 100 FGs). Scored 131 points, his 4th consecutive 100-point season.

Since you're too ####### lazy to click and read:

The Patriots cap hit just went up by $1M per year. Taking the guarantee off the table means the Patriots don't have to put the $24M into escrow (complete non-issue, but that's the sole impact to the team), but Brady didn't give up a dime - in fact he's now due raises of $1M per year. What it does do is give the player flexibility in where he ends up should New England decide to trade him. They'll also be free to cut him this off season or any of the remaining three years without taking the hit to the cap for guaranteed money.

This didn't free up $24M for the Pats to spend *(unless you wanna believe Bob Kraft is cash poor). All it did was give Brady flexibility in choosing his next team, an event he probably views as inevitable at some point (see Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, et al). This was about retaining a measure of control, not magnanimity.
FWIW, Yes, the 24 million does not affect cap space, but the rest of the article is pure speculation on barnwells part.

If Kraft is worth 4 Billion he didn't get that way by putting up millions of dollars in cash when he doesn't have to. Barnwells claim that you have to believe Kraft is "cash poor" is nonsense. No you don't have to believe Kraft is "cash poor", all you have to believe is given a choice, most business men would rather not hand over 24 million dollars in cash when they don't have to.

Maybe some or all of the make believe crap barnwell wrote will prove to be true, but it is interesting that he goes on and on with his tale of intrigue and in the end he writes that he believes brady finishes his career with NE. Umm, so do I Bill.........

We do have a thread dedicated solely to Suh right on page one. The Patriots and Tom Brady have their own threads.

Any reason to think Joe Lombardi's will have anything innovative this week? Zero screen passes again? Token involvement for Ebron? Lions offense has been flat awful in the 5 games they played against playoff teams (CAR GB ARI NE GB).

They almost surely need a TD from the defense to keep pace. Cowboys have drafted three pro bowl lineman in the last four years. Big challenge for the front 7.
I hope that Joe has been saving something different, maybe we will see that this week. And I agree on the defense, I doubt very much the Lions can win a shootout. Need to win the turnovers and early.

Looking forward to seeing our running game going up against your defense......The unstoppable force vs. the immovable object! Somethings gotta give.......Hopefully it doesn't end with a leg stomp.

Jim Caldwell started a team meeting this week by showing a Power Point slide of the TD/INT ratio during the playoffs of the last 5 QBs.

40:3

Jim Caldwell started a team meeting this week by showing a Power Point slide of the TD/INT ratio during the playoffs of the last 5 QBs.

40:3
Seems more like a final score prediction for tonight's game: Cowboys 40, Lions 3.

- Packer Fan

Users who are viewing this thread