What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Getting ready for the draft in Motown. (9 Viewers)

Hope Swanson's hand is OK. Really hurting all over the place, could use a few guys coming back this week. #checkthereport

When the schedule came out, I pegged this 3 game stretch as the key to making it as a 5/6 seed. 2 down 1 to go.

Stsrtng to see more consistency from the O-line.

#thatdefensetho

If we had only at least split the Titans, Bears games. No point looking back though.

Ideally if we can win the next two games ( I've long since given up trying to apply logic to us, but the next two games are most definitely winnable ), then we might be in good shape. Packers seem to be wobbling a little, but I still expect them to turn it around and have me feeling stupid for even considering for a single second that we could maybe finish ahead of them.

Is it possible that two wildcards could come out of our division ? NFC East teams in recent all seem to be much of a muchness ( and not very good across the board ), meaning their records can all be tight, NFC South I wouldn't expect a wildcard from, NFC West I expect Seattle to win and for the Cards to pick up and Rams to slide.

Can we get our D on track a little ? Next four games WAS,@HOU,@MIN,JAX. Would be great if we somehow won 3 out of those 4

Minny (x2) & Dallas really the only powerkegs left but any game can be lost, we know that by now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stafford playing at a very high level right now.  arguably the best qb in the NFC North this year

jomar said:
Stafford playing at a very high level right now.  arguably the best qb in the NFC North this year
Actually, you could have left it at the NFC. Gutty win. They got outplayed statistically and the time of possession was tilted badly but the difference was Stafford. Ran when it was appropriate and was accurate per usual this year.

I would be amiss if I didn't mention a couple of fortunate bounces but hey, dems da breaks. Take em when you get them and win the game.

I'd really like to see what this team could have been if healthy on defense. 

Lions 3-0 since Ebron has been out..Boldin making the tough catches. TE actually blocking.  
That 3WR-1RB offense where the TE Wick stays in to block is their most effective formation. Boldin was a man out there the way he pushed his way in for the final score. And he didn't drop it either.

Boldin has been a great find. My 49ers supporting mate text me 'You're going to love him' when that deal happened. Just a gritty gritty consummate pro. Only mild nitpick is that he's been blown up for 4-5 holding calls in the past smattering of games, but hey, thats life. I'd be far happier if the other receivers tightened up on the drops rather than that particular issue.

Your what?
My friend, whose favourite team is the San Francisco 49ers, text me when we grabbed Boldin to say that we would absolutely love having him on our roster. 

Anybody watch the game last night ? Texans are banged up just now. If we're going to make a wildcard run we need to beat teams of this quality, or lack thereof. 

Actually, you could have left it at the NFC. Gutty win. They got outplayed statistically and the time of possession was tilted badly but the difference was Stafford. Ran when it was appropriate and was accurate per usual this year.
Oh what the hell, let's go for best in the NFL.

(To be fair, Barnwell doesn't actually say that. His main point is that we're overlooking Stafford's resurgence, and there's no clear case that any other QB is playing better than him right now.)

Oh what the hell, let's go for best in the NFL.

(To be fair, Barnwell doesn't actually say that. His main point is that we're overlooking Stafford's resurgence, and there's no clear case that any other QB is playing better than him right now.)
" Stafford has put together an All-Pro caliber season over his past 16 games. He has completed nearly 69 percent of his passes, while throwing for 4,310 yards, with 35 touchdowns against just eight picks."

I don't know if he's All-Pro, the only knock on Tom Brady is he missed four games. Matt Ryan has probably been the best QB YTD. But the fifth highest paid QB in the NFL is playing like he deserves his salary.

4QC - 4, 1st (Luck, Wilson -3)

GWD - 4, 1st (Manning - 4, Luck -3)

I would be amiss if I didn't mention a couple of fortunate bounces but hey, dems da breaks. Take em when you get them and win the game.

I'd really like to see what this team could have been if healthy on defense. 
I was trying not to get too carried away.  Last night on NFLN, they were pimping him as a possible MVP candidate.  I just hope he can keep it up and get us to the playoffs and, heaven forbid, a playoff W (or two) :)

Traded him and a 7th rounder to Pats for a 6th rounder. Following last years draft that is basically giving him away to move up 15th places. Man our 2nd round draft picks under Mayhew have been an abomination. Minus Slay. 

May seem weird given how low we are on LBs but Bynes is back now and maybe just possibly maybe it could be a little hint of good news in confidence in Levy returning. Maybe not. 

I don't get it.  His cap hit is next to nothing and he's been getting a decent amount of playing time.  His number does jump over 1 mill next season I guess.  I've been wondering why Bynes wasn't re-signed.  He played pretty well last year. 

I was trying not to get too carried away.  Last night on NFLN, they were pimping him as a possible MVP candidate.  I just hope he can keep it up and get us to the playoffs and, heaven forbid, a playoff W (or two) :)
He's playing the best football of his career and this is the first season I feel he's actually elevating the players around him but honestly it feels like the NFL is grasping for a fresh new story to showcase. The NFL is down in so many ways. Too many ways to count. A lot of the usual superstars (Peyton/ADP/ODB/Cam etc...) are either non-existent or not worth the pub at this point. Don't get me wrong, he's one of the only reasons they have a winning record but it feels like a reach until he single handedly gets them to the playoffs AND wins a meaningful game at that point.

He's a good team guy. I root for his type of player (Huge Peyton fan) but in the end, it won't matter unless he makes a playoff wave. I give him a ton of credit for excelling under the promise of a new monster contract heading his way. Not everyone can do that. He has completely forced the Lion's hand to resign him even if it handcuffs the rest of the roster going forward. WTF else can they do besides turn into the Rams by letting him go?

Traded him and a 7th rounder to Pats for a 6th rounder. Following last years draft that is basically giving him away to move up 15th places. Man our 2nd round draft picks under Mayhew have been an abomination. Minus Slay. 

May seem weird given how low we are on LBs but Bynes is back now and maybe just possibly maybe it could be a little hint of good news in confidence in Levy returning. Maybe not. 
It's pretty puzzling to say the least. Our weakest position on the roster just got depleted of even more depth. I'm thinking there was more to this story. Was he complaining or turning into a locker room cancer? Nothing in is history suggests that but it makes you wonder. It could also be a precursor to another move. It certainly suggests Levy is coming back to the fray.

I agree that it seems like they know Slay is coming back soon and this opens a spot. They also have offense guys coming back so roster spots will get kind of tight.

Or they just wanted to leave next years draft earlier by skipping the 7th round.

You can chalk this one up to Caldwell for a change. Sound game plan and clock management. The bashers (myself included) will have to keep it to a dull roar for a week.

Don't look now but with a bunch of home divisionals coming up, dare I say we might control our own destiny in the suddendly mediocre NFC North?

A couple solid decisions on coin flips in addition to the clock management: Deferring the ball to the 2nd half & taking the ball first in O.T. Doesn't always work out but I did like seeing the Vikings never touch the ball in O.T.

Excellent day for us. 

D has been getting fractionally better week by week. If it can somehow heal up and get to even just average, we've got a real shot in this division 

Gotta love picking up a half game on everyone by not playing.

Now into "control their own destiny" mode, where you wonder how things will self-destruct. They have a good chance to win at least 3 out of the next 4, so we'll see.

The Lions are in first place.   :shock:
Solid.

There's not really a lot of separation between the top 3 teams, and I do expect MIN and GB to turn it around more in the half. But Lions should remain competitive if they come out of the bye raring to go -- have some beatable teams on their schedule and in their division through the stretch for sure.

That damn Titans game still pisses me off. That could be a thorn, but this look like a division that can we won at 9-7. Go Lions!

If they don't win the division this year, they may never do it under Stafford. It's time to curb stomp some chins.

thoughts this week? thinking about taking this game in my survivor. not sure I can take a chance... has all the looks of a trap game
Not sure if it's superstition or just hard-won cynicism, but I'm pretty sure I've never picked the Lions in a survivor pool, and I don't see that ever changing.

I think we all expected a bit of a letdown this week but they did what they needed to pull it out.  Huge game vs. the resurgent Vikings this week; our defense is getting healthy at the right time.  Nothing goes better with turkey than Viking tears  :football:

The Lions are the first team in NFL history to have 6 fourth quarter comebacks through 10 games.

Stafford is one away from the all-time single season record for fourth quarter comebacks.

Great to see the Lions atop the division and trending the right way while there are so many question marks and backsliding with their division counterparts. Been pretty stout at home so far, fairly winnable stretch from here and a chance to put the Vikes down another peg next week.

Will be pulling for them in the North!

Ebron now in a four-way tie for the team lead in rushing TDs.

Statistically, the Lions are one of the least impressive playoff contenders. They have trailed in the 4th quarter all 10 games; their point differential for the season is 6 (231-225.)

I don't give him much chance to win the MVP award but is any team more dependent on one player than the Lions are Matthew Stafford?

I have never watched the show but from my IG feed I see Megatron is the finals of "Dancing with the Stars." I have no idea what that means.

Levy back this week. Slay came back last week. Ansah might get his first sack of the year this week -- 5 pressures last week. They're not all that impressive on D but they do seem to come up with big plays late when they need it. Only 7 turnovers on the season prior to the Jax game.

The Vikings are dead last in the NFL in yards per game (293.)

Lions have outscored their opponents 119-41 in winning the last thre Turkey Day games.

Nice read on former Lion Wally Triplett, 90, who lives in the Detroit home he bought 59 years ago. He was the first African-American to be drafted & play for an NFL team.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mlive.com/articles/19715262/this_is_wally_triplett_a_lions_1.amp

Users who are viewing this thread