What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Getting ready for the draft in Motown. (30 Viewers)

Defense needs to show up even more than it has. Take Cook out of the game and now you have Case Keenum vs. Matt Ryan last week. Offense has to be mistake free.
Yeah I wrote about this more in the streaming defence thread, but our DBs have been very good as a whole this season and should stop Keenum having the type of game he had last week. It's up to whether we can contain Cook, and the O putting up a decent total to defend 

Nobody wants to talk about the game?

:D

Had this in the Diggs thread (convo with Biabreakable) but decided not to muck up a player thread.

I’m concerned about letdown next week. I shouldn’t be, this is a road divisional game, we need it badly. But yesterday’s ending could have a demoralizing effect.

I’m hoping they turn the page, start thinking screw the world, it’s Detroit versus everybody, we’re not making excuses.

I’m pretty even keeled about calls that don’t go our way but even neutral observers (I read several out of state recaps) realize the Lions have had more than their fair share of odd, obscure calls over the years.

- Calvin completing the process 

- Forsett down by contact TD challenged but no longer reviewable because Swartz challenged a scoring play

- Cowboys obvious PI in playoff game BUT WAIT face guarding / not turning around to find the ball isn’t illegal

- Seattle batted ball out of the end zone, Seahawks ball on the 20 (WRONG - should have been Detroit ball on 1)

- Phantom face mask giving Rodgers an untimed down to heave a 70 yard TD

- Yesterday’s reversal & 10 second run off to end the game 

Probably more I’ve forgotten. No worries, we’re good enough to overcome this baloney.
Those were all just make-up calls for Detroit beating Dallas with 12 men on the field some 36 years ago.  

Last edited by a moderator:
How has Davis looked in coverage assignments?

In the first two games and also preseason.

I understand that these discussions all have their proper place. Just happy for any good discussion wherever that can be found.

I think the Vikings match up pretty well as far as their defense against the Lions offense. The key in my opinion will be how well the Lions defense plays. The defense does seem improved from last year. The main weakness I see is with the linebackers in coverage. So for the Vikings this means Dalvin Cook and maybe Kyle Rudolph being able to take advantage.

I definitely think the Vikings have the advantage playing at home. Just hoping the Vikings can split with the Lions this year instead of being swept. I like their chances of winning at home better than away, so this is an important game for both teams but I think a bit more important for the Vikings than for the Lions.

Case Keenum is very beatable. Interceptions could tilt this in the Lions favor. Despite how well Keenum played against Tampa Bay I am not really expecting him to play that well consistently.

Either way I think it should be a good game. If the Vikings lose it will be more pressure on the Vikings as far as trying to win the division than I think a loss for the Lions will.

How has Davis looked in coverage assignments?

In the first two games and also preseason.

I understand that these discussions all have their proper place. Just happy for any good discussion wherever that can be found.

I think the Vikings match up pretty well as far as their defense against the Lions offense. The key in my opinion will be how well the Lions defense plays. The defense does seem improved from last year. The main weakness I see is with the linebackers in coverage. So for the Vikings this means Dalvin Cook and maybe Kyle Rudolph being able to take advantage.

I definitely think the Vikings have the advantage playing at home. Just hoping the Vikings can split with the Lions this year instead of being swept. I like their chances of winning at home better than away, so this is an important game for both teams but I think a bit more important for the Vikings than for the Lions.

Case Keenum is very beatable. Interceptions could tilt this in the Lions favor. Despite how well Keenum played against Tampa Bay I am not really expecting him to play that well consistently.

Either way I think it should be a good game. If the Vikings lose it will be more pressure on the Vikings as far as trying to win the division than I think a loss for the Lions will.
Nobody is confusing JD with DeAndre Levy (one of the very cover LBs in the league when healthy), but I guess at this point we should be happy the rookie is less of a liability. But he’s def out of position the least often relative to Whitehead (weakside) or Reeves-Maybin (rookie backup.) Worrilow is on the strong side. He’s probably our 3rd best LB overall & better than Tahir in coverage. Then again @Biabreakable or @Da Guru probably cover better than #59.

The bigger concern for Vikings is accounting for Killibrew. He plays a lot of LB in nickel and dime sets, hard hitter, good ball instincts.

Slay will flip sides to follow Diggs; Lawson & Hayden split the other side, presumably Thielen. Diggs handles the slot. Not sure if Wilson will be back this week. Quinn is the leader of the backfield and calls the coverages (JD is the defensive signal caller.)

Up front they rotate frequently. We are not as deep as years past but the starters are productive. Ngata is still a load, A’Shawn is becoming a force, and both Ansah & Zettel are good outside rushers. They sometimes drop into coverage. They’ll throw a lot of looks at Keenum but other than sending Davis or Killibrew, we don’t blitz much.

Cooks has been a workhorse, very impressed. Terrific WR combo, seems like Rudolph is off to a slow start but he’s one of the best. Looking forward to the game.

If it’s close late, I’d take Stafford over any other QB in the NFL. Comparing the two offenses, there’s not a lot of separation...until you get to the most important position.

:lmao:  I dunno about that BL I am pretty slow (and old) I can tackle pretty well but not very good in coverage. If I had to I would go with Da Guru there I guess (mystery box). Your point is well taken though and I do think the Vikings game plan will look for match ups vs Whitehead as much as possible.

I can definitely see Ngata causing problems for Nick Easton and Pat Elflien.

I was reading that the Lions are starting Zach Kerin at left guard, is that right?

If so that doesn't sound so good to me. The Vikings are using under tackle by committee a lot again this year, Shamar Stephen, Tom Johnson and Brian Robison switching out there. They know Kerin pretty well as a former team mate and likely know how to take advantage of him.

On the flip side of this Kerin may be providing some intel to the Lions defense about what they are doing on offense which should help the Lions defensive game plan a bit I would think.

Another angle as far is this goes is Riley Reiff at LT for the Vikings. The Lions should know him well and how to beat him. He has played pretty well for the most part aside from the Steelers game where the offensive line collectively did not do very well against their pass rush. 

Case Keenum isn't good under pressure (few QB are) and against Tampa Bay they were able to keep him pretty clean. They did not give up sacks or many pressures or hits. Its was almost night and day compared to the game vs the Steelers where defenders were getting into the backfield consistently from all angles.

There are some holes there on the left side of the Lions offensive line that they have to account for, maybe designed roll outs to the right and help with chipping RB or TE necessary. Griffen has been playing very well so far, Hunter at LE has a lot of hurries but he hasn't gotten home as much as Griffen has so far.

As I already mentioned if Keenum throws interception(s) that could shift things in the Lions favor. Sam Bradford did not practice today so it seems likely it will be Keenum at QB although Zimmer did not rule out the possibility of Bradford practicing tomorrow and if he does then he could get the start. I understood it as if Bradford does not practice tomorrow (and practice well) then he will likely sit another week.

TartanLion said:
Swanson was back to practice today, if he manages to suit up then Glasgow slides back over to left guard. 

ALLEN PARK -- T.J. Lang played every snap against Atlanta despite injuring a bone in his leg in the loss.

The Lions guard was listed with a fibula injury on Wednesday's practice report. That's an unusual designation that hasn't been used on a Detroit player in years. The fibula is the smaller of the two bones in the lower leg.

Lang has played every snap this season, and played well. He's ranked the ninth best guard in the game according to ProFootballFocus.

He was far from the only player listed on the injury report, which went 11 players deep. Ezekiel Ansah (knee), Don Carey (knee) and Dwayne Washington (quad) were the other players who missed practice.

Returner Jamal Agnew (pelvis), linebacker Jarrad Davis (concussion), receiver Kenny Golladay (hamstring), safety Glover Quin (knee), center Travis Swanson (ankle), safety Tavon Wilson (shoulder) and defensive end Anthony Zettel (knee) were all listed a limited.

The Lang, Agnew, Golladay and Zettel injuries were all new.

Ansah. When was the last time he was not limited ? I appreciate his talents, but he spent the entirety of last season, the off season and this season so far as limited with an injury. 

You have to wonder if he ends up coming back next year 

BobbyLayne said:
Nobody is confusing JD with DeAndre Levy (one of the very cover LBs in the league when healthy), but I guess at this point we should be happy the rookie is less of a liability. But he’s def out of position the least often relative to Whitehead (weakside) or Reeves-Maybin (rookie backup.) Worrilow is on the strong side. He’s probably our 3rd best LB overall & better than Tahir in coverage. Then again @Biabreakable or @Da Guru probably cover better than #59.

The bigger concern for Vikings is accounting for Killibrew. He plays a lot of LB in nickel and dime sets, hard hitter, good ball instincts.

Slay will flip sides to follow Diggs; Lawson & Hayden split the other side, presumably Thielen. Diggs handles the slot. Not sure if Wilson will be back this week. Quinn is the leader of the backfield and calls the coverages (JD is the defensive signal caller.)

Up front they rotate frequently. We are not as deep as years past but the starters are productive. Ngata is still a load, A’Shawn is becoming a force, and both Ansah & Zettel are good outside rushers. They sometimes drop into coverage. They’ll throw a lot of looks at Keenum but other than sending Davis or Killibrew, we don’t blitz much.

Cooks has been a workhorse, very impressed. Terrific WR combo, seems like Rudolph is off to a slow start but he’s one of the best. Looking forward to the game.

If it’s close late, I’d take Stafford over any other QB in the NFL. Comparing the two offenses, there’s not a lot of separation...until you get to the most important position.
I did play RB-DB in high school.

Had this in the Diggs thread (convo with Biabreakable) but decided not to muck up a player thread.

I’m concerned about letdown next week. I shouldn’t be, this is a road divisional game, we need it badly. But yesterday’s ending could have a demoralizing effect.

I’m hoping they turn the page, start thinking screw the world, it’s Detroit versus everybody, we’re not making excuses.

I’m pretty even keeled about calls that don’t go our way but even neutral observers (I read several out of state recaps) realize the Lions have had more than their fair share of odd, obscure calls over the years.

- Forsett down by contact TD challenged but no longer reviewable because Swartz challenged a scoring play

- Cowboys obvious PI in playoff game BUT WAIT face guarding / not turning around to find the ball isn’t illegal

- Seattle batted ball out of the end zone, Seahawks ball on the 20 (WRONG - should have been Detroit ball on 1)

Probably more I’ve forgotten. No worries, we’re good enough to overcome this baloney.
Blatant OPI by Richardson on his TD catch in last year's playoff game. There was something similar by Dez in the regular-season Cowboys game (which also featured A'Shawn Robinson getting a PF flag for simply tackling Zeke). I remember thinking at the time that they always seemed to get jobbed against those two teams in particular.

Of course, difference is the games you listed were mostly winnable. No way Lions were beating Dallas/Seattle last year.

Out of all of these I feel Calvin "Not completing the process" was the worst.  One foot down, two feet down, butt down, elbow down the ball on the ground.  Same thing happens of a 5 yard TD run and it is a TD.

Forsetts was a rule.  A totally useless rule but a rule.  "If you challenge a play that is already going to be challenged it then won`t be challenged.  That is crazy!

The Cowboy play: If you watch the replay Pettigrew grabbed the defenders facemask and pulled him.    Also Lions gave up a first down on 4th and 11 on the Cowboys final drive, and then Stafford had the ball with plenty of time to lead a final winning drive. To me that is a wash.

The batted ball.  Calvin fumbled on the one.  Don`t fumble

The Rodgers facemask was a bad call but watching the game at real speed everyone agreed with it. Only in slow motion replay could you tell he grabbed the jersey.  That being said they still had to throw a 70 yard TD with no time left.  I will take those odds.   Lions were in the wrong defense set up expecting laterals.

On Sunday I was sure the Lions got screwed at the time because I was emotional.  After watching it over and over I do think Tate was down before the goal line and the guy did have a hand on him.  What nobody talks about is why did Tate leave his feet in the first place??  It was a perfect pass right on his hands, he could have caught it and walked it. There was no reason to dive.  That being said again "rules" that should not be rules cost the Lions another play.

Stop this at the 35-36-37 second mark  I do think Tate was down.    I do thing that the replay officials should have to watch the replay at game speed and not frame by frame.

Out of all of these I feel Calvin "Not completing the process" was the worst.  One foot down, two feet down, butt down, elbow down the ball on the ground.  Same thing happens of a 5 yard TD run and it is a TD.

Forsetts was a rule.  A totally useless rule but a rule.  "If you challenge a play that is already going to be challenged it then won`t be challenged.  That is crazy!

The Cowboy play: If you watch the replay Pettigrew grabbed the defenders facemask and pulled him.    Also Lions gave up a first down on 4th and 11 on the Cowboys final drive, and then Stafford had the ball with plenty of time to lead a final winning drive. To me that is a wash.

The batted ball.  Calvin fumbled on the one.  Don`t fumble

The Rodgers facemask was a bad call but watching the game at real speed everyone agreed with it. Only in slow motion replay could you tell he grabbed the jersey.  That being said they still had to throw a 70 yard TD with no time left.  I will take those odds.   Lions were in the wrong defense set up expecting laterals.

On Sunday I was sure the Lions got screwed at the time because I was emotional.  After watching it over and over I do think Tate was down before the goal line and the guy did have a hand on him.  What nobody talks about is why did Tate leave his feet in the first place??  It was a perfect pass right on his hands, he could have caught it and walked it. There was no reason to dive.  That being said again "rules" that should not be rules cost the Lions another play.

Stop this at the 35-36-37 second mark  I do think Tate was down.    I do thing that the replay officials should have to watch the replay at game speed and not frame by frame.
The worst screw job isn't listed.  At Lambeau. Night game.  Samkon Gado fumbles in his own end zone trying to avoid a safety.  Ruling on the field:. Incomplete Pass. 

Of course it was. Everyone knows Gado was a gunslinger.

Can't review possible penalties.  That might have been a topic but Tate did catch the ball.
I understand you can't "review" possible penalties.. but if they see one when they are reviewing a scoring play, can't they then call it?  Or is that just too many men on the field?? I've seen it done before, just can't remember the exact incident..

Alright Motor City Kitty fans. While I don't hate your team nearly as much as the Bears and Pack...

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!! :gjallarhorn:

A really solid road win. Defense was incredible especially considering they did not have Davis again in the middle. Whitehead played well and everyone else was solid enough to keep them from sustaining drives.

This was Stafford's worst game thus far but he didn't have enough blunders to cost them the win. TEs as a whole really made up for the lack of Golladay and it was nice to see the versatility of the offense. Big big divisional win.

Playoff team

Week 4 snap counts:

OFFENSE
OG Graham Glasgow 70 (100 percent)
C Travis Swanson 70 (100 percent)
OT Rick Wagner 70 (100 percent)
OT Greg Robinson 70 (100 percent)
QB Matthew Stafford 70 (100 percent) 
OG TJ Lang 69 (99 percent)
WR Marvin Jones 64 (91 percent) 
WR Golden Tate 52 (74 percent)
TE Darren Fells 51 (73 percent)
WR TJ Jones 46 (66 percent) 
RB Ameer Abdullah 33 (47 percent) 
TE Eric Ebron 31 (44 percent) 
TE Michael Roberts 22 (31 percent)
RB Zach Zenner 19 (27 percent)
RB Theo Riddick 18 (26 percent) 
WR Jared Abbrederis 14 (20 percent)
OT Emmett Cleary 1 (1 percent)

DEFENSE
CB Darius Slay 56 (100 percent)
FS Glover Quin 56 (100 percent)
LB Tahir Whitehead 53 (95 percent)
SS Miles Killebrew 44 (79 percent)
LB Nick Bellore 42 (75 percent)
DE Ezekiel Ansah 36 (64 percent)
DT A'Shawn Robinson 33 (59 percent)
CB Quandre Diggs 32 (57 percent)
CB DJ Hayden 32 (57 percent) 2 (9 percent) 
DE Anthony Zettel 30 (54 percent)
DT Akeem Spence 28 (50 percent)
DT Haloti Ngata 27 (48 percent)
SS Tavon Wilson 25 (45 percent)
CB Nevin Lawson 24 (43 percent)
DE Cornelius Washington 23 (41 percent)
DT Jeremiah Ledbetter 22 (39 percent)
DE George Johnson 16 (29 percent)
FS Charles Washington 13 (23 percent)
LB Steve Longa 12 (21 percent)
DE Jeremiah Valoaga 8 (14 percent)
LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin 3 (5 percent)
LB Paul Worrilow 1 (2 percent)

SPECIAL TEAMS
Jalen Reeves-Maybin 18 (78 percent)
Steve Longa 17 (74 percent) 
Jamal Agnew 15 (65 percent) 
Zach Zenner 15 (65 percent) 
Jared Abbrederis 15 (65 percent) 
Charles Washington 15 (65 percent) 
Jeff Locke 14 (61 percent) 
Nick Bellore 12 (52 percent) 
Don Muhlbach 10 (43 percent) 
Darren Fells 10 (43 percent) 
Michael Roberts 10 (43 percent) 
Miles Killebrew 10 (43 percent) 
Quandre Diggs 8 (35 percent) 
Nevin Lawson 8 (35 percent) 
Teez Tabor 6 (26 percent) 
Darius Slay 5 (22 percent) 
Glover Quin 5 (22 percent) 
Tahir Whitehead 5 (22 percent) 
A'Shawn Robinson 5 (22 percent) 
Anthony Zettel 5 (22 percent) 
Graham Glasgow 3 (13 percent) 
Brian Mihalik 3 (13 percent) 
Matt Prater 3 (13 percent)
Travis Swanson 3 (13 percent) 
Rick Wagner 3 (13 percent) 
Greg Robinson 3 (13 percent) 
TJ Lang 3 (13 percent) 
Haloti Ngata 3 (13 percent) 
Golden Tate 3 (13 percent) 
Emmett Cleary 2 (9 percent) 
Cornelius Washington 2 (9 percent) 
Akeem Spence 2 (9 percent) 
Jeremiah Ledbetter 2 (9 percent) 
Tavon Wilson 2 (9 percent) 
DJ Hayden 2 (9 percent) 
George Johnson 2 (9 percent) 
Jeremiah Valoaga 2 (9 percent) 
Ezekiel Ansah 1 (4 percent)
Paul Worrilow 1 (4 percent) 

Nate Atkins take:

All week long, the chatter was strong. Ever since Minnesota Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen called out Detroit Lions offensive tackle Greg Robinson for being lazy, it became a question that faced Jim Caldwell and Jim Bob Cooter, even as much as they tried to avoid it.

Their answer came how many do in a hush-hush NFL: through how they used their players. Nothing is ever more telling of individual evaluations than that. And so it says something that Darren Fells played a season high in snaps in Sunday's 14-7 road victory over the Vikings.

The tight end with the superior blocking skills was in for 51 plays, or 73 percent of all the ones Detroit ran. It was the third-highest total for a skill player behind receivers Marvin Jones and Golden Tate. It was 20 snaps more than Eric Ebron, the tight end Detroit drafted in the first round.

Cooter clearly realized that there was a reason Griffen had such strong comments about a player he's faced only twice. Those two games were just that dominant, and this was a tactic to get in Robinson's head and make him try to win on an island on the blindside of the highest-paid player in NFL history. Cooter needed a plan, and so he used Fells from the get-go as a chip blocker on that side, something he also asked Tate to do as the game went on.

It slowed Griffen some, though he is a two-time Pro Bowler for a reason. He came through for a sack, two tackles for loss and three quarterback hits on a day when Stafford got battered around for six sacks and eight hits.

Fells was also a focal point of the passing game, too, particularly early, potentially to catch the Vikings off-guard. He led the Lions with four catches, and his 40 yards finished just behind Marvin Jones' 42.

Here are some other observations from how the snap counts were distributed:

-- Part of Fells' rise in activity also had to do with the hamstring injury that kept third-round rookie receiver Kenny Golladay out of a game for the first time in his brief pro career. That loss deprived Detroit of one of its bigger receivers, so playing Fells compensated for that size in the passing game. Fourth-round rookie Michael Roberts also snagged 22 snaps in this one, showcasing that the two-tight-end sets were Cooter's answer to losing his bulky wideout. It helped key one of the better rushing days he's had, as Ameer Abdullah ran for 94 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries and would have passed 100 if not for an ankle injury.

-- Safety Miles Killebrew's snaps were up yet again this week, as he played 78 percent of defensive plays. It's his third straight game of at least 75 percent of snaps, but this one was key in that it came with a healthy Tavon Wilson, who played 45 percent. Wilson played nearly every snap of the Week 1 win over the Arizona Cardinals before a shoulder injury took him out of the Giants game and kept him from the Falcons game. Killebrew has played better and better in his absence, and it's clear defensive coordinator Teryl Austin wants to continue to employ him as that in-the-box safety given how consistent he's been tackling and in coverage.

-- Pro Bowl defensive end Ezekiel Ansah played in 64 percent of snaps, which is 14 percent higher than he did in any of the first three games. That's the good. The bad is that he was mostly non-existent as a pass rusher again, failing to hit the quarterback. His edge-setting in the run game appeared to be better, but this defense will be at its best when he's back to wrecking offensive tackles not named Ereck Flowers.

-- With rookie Jarrad Davis out for this one and Paul Worrilow going down with a knee injury early on, the Lions looked mostly to Nick Bellore, who logged 75 percent of the snaps. He didn't make a huge impact, but the fact that running backs and tight ends were largely unproductive in the passing game and that's his biggest strength suggests he answered the bell well enough.

-- Second-round rookie cornerback Teez Tabor was active for the first time this season. He played six snaps, all on special teams. The Lions don't need much extra help at outside cornerback, his true position, so until they do, it'll be hard to gauge where his progress really is.

Had to listen to the Vikings feed as I was on the road yesterday.    What a an emotional roller coaster those guys were on.  One minute the Vikings were Super Bowl bound the next they weren't worth squat.   Kind of funny actually.   

Great win for the Lions, and that's two years in a row with a win in Minnesota.   Which came few and far between for YEARs.

Yesterday’s game was a slugest. Stafford got smacked 14 times (6 sacks, 8 hits) and every O-lineman not named Robinson got hurt at some point. Lost Worrilow on the first play (did anyone notice? he’s been so non-impactful to my eye.) I guess AA turned an ankle but not considered serious. Anybody else?

Hopefully get Galladay & Jarrad Davis back for the Carolina game.

Had to listen to the Vikings feed as I was on the road yesterday.    What a an emotional roller coaster those guys were on.  One minute the Vikings were Super Bowl bound the next they weren't worth squat.   Kind of funny actually.   

Great win for the Lions, and that's two years in a row with a win in Minnesota.   Which came few and far between for YEARs.
I hope we'll look back on this game as "Lions won a tough one on the road" and not "Lions beat a team crippled by injuries" (which is how last year's Vikings win looks in retrospect).

Yesterday’s game was a slugest. Stafford got smacked 14 times (6 sacks, 8 hits) and every O-lineman not named Robinson got hurt at some point. Lost Worrilow on the first play (did anyone notice? he’s been so non-impactful to my eye.) I guess AA turned an ankle but not considered serious. Anybody else?

Hopefully get Galladay & Jarrad Davis back for the Carolina game.
This.  Although TJ Jones and Fells played well.  It seems like every game I see Whitehead getting beat in pass coverage.

This.  Although TJ Jones and Fells played well.  It seems like every game I see Whitehead getting beat in pass coverage.
Generally, yes - he’s been really horrible since the beginning of last year in coverage. Looked bad on one Rudolph route, but that was about it. Give him props, he played well v. the Vikings. Without JD & with Worrilow missing all but 1 snap they needed him to step up, and he had two fumble recoveries.

PFF grades Week 4:

TOP 5 GRADES:
LB Tahir Whitehead, 87.5 overall grade

S Miles Killebrew, 83.9 overall grade

TE Darren Fells, 83.3 overall grade

G T.J. Lang, 82.9 overall grade

TE Eric Ebron, 80.6 overall grade

Whitehead generated a QB hurry on his two snaps rushing the passer but his ability to stop the run and make plays all over the field were a big factor in the Lions win. Whitehead produced two stops and three tackles in run defense. Whitehead dropped in coverage 28 times and yielded only two receptions.
What you have to love about this team is it's different guys every week. Last year it was find a way to hold on, Matthew would pull off another great driver and/or Prater would do something amazing. One week it's Ansah blowing up, next week it's Quinn, or Slay, or Killebrew, or Zettel - we have a lot of guys on the defense stepping up and doing their job well. 

Right side of the offensive line (Lang & Wagner) did not practice today, along with defensive tackle Haloti Ngata, receiver Kenny Golladay, running back Dwayne Washington and linebackers Steve Longa and Paul Worrilow. Good news is Jarrad Davis was a full participant. Armonty Bryant (8.5 sacks his last 19 G) is off suspension; no word on who would get cut if they put him on the 53 man roster, but Jeremiah Vaologa is the only one they could resign to the PS.

Had forgotten about Armonty Bryant. Hopefully he adds something extra to the line and helps our Zettel and Ansah 
I’m not an expert but my reading is they have to put him on the 53 man by Saturday in order to have on the 46 man active roster on game day. Somebody will have to be cut.

Whilr it seems like a no-brainer, we have a ton of injuries at LB and OL. Caldwell gave his usual taciturn response (“we’ll have to see”) when asked at his presser.

The coaches say they’re not doing anything different but it’s obvious creating turnovers became a point of emphasis this year. Several players have mention they’re running drills in stripping the ball - especially from behind or the blindside - and doing top drills to end every practice.

Of the top 7 teams in turnover differential in 2016, 6 won their division. The Lions at +9 (11-2) is two better than the next most. Stafford threw a pick six (Tate ran into a defender & didn’t finish his route) on his first pass of the year, lost a fumble in Week 2. We won’t force 3-4 turnovers every game but if we take care of the ball this defense is pretty good, especially Zettel, Davis, and the DBs.

Users who are viewing this thread