What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Getting ready for the draft in Motown. (11 Viewers)

Ilov80s said:
Stupid non-news hype but report of Patricia wants to get his own version of Gronk and it won't be Ebron.

So stupid. One, it's the non news story of the year that Ebron isn't the next Gronk. Also, what team wouldn't want a HoF player at any position? What will we hear next, Jon Gruden is looking for a Joe Thomas or Hue Jackson would like the next Drew Brees?
There wasn't  a Gronk before Gronk, and I don't see another one on the horizon either.

I’d rather have Suh as well but contract is everything. We can’t be one of these dumb teams that sink too much money in guy’s potentially on the downside of their careers.

swabs said:
Wilkerson, Murray, and Stewart in for visits.  Wilkerson at the right price would be a nice addition.  I'd be OK with Stewart added to the RB group also.
Lions going for cheap old RBS?     Jim Brown and Emmitt Smith to workout today.

Pass on Murray. How does everyone rank the following free agent RBs?

Crowell, Lewis, McKinnon, Hyde, Burkhead, Martin?
Not Burkhead,,,,I like Hydes potential at 6-0 235 he is a bigger RB but he does not seem to be high on the peoples list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lions are really staying quiet. I don’t know  much about the LB they added but I really like everything I’ve read about him. 

Couple of “multi-use” LBs. Seems like that’s the kind of player Patricia likes?   

So Hyde and Lewis still available. 

Thought maybe Butler, but he signed a nice 5yr 61 mil contract with Titans. 

Interesting start to the proceedings. Two versatile and big LBs who are still quite young. I expect Patricia reckons he can improve them further. 

Really want to see a DT come in after Ngata leaving. Think Daquan Jones might not be as pricy as some like Poe etc. 

Wilson and Lawson re-signed.

What do we still expect here ? 

RB

DT

maybe a left guard/center type 

Interesting start to the proceedings. Two versatile and big LBs who are still quite young. I expect Patricia reckons he can improve them further. 

Really want to see a DT come in after Ngata leaving. Think Daquan Jones might not be as pricy as some like Poe etc. 

Wilson and Lawson re-signed.

What do we still expect here ? 

RB

DT

maybe a left guard/center type 
Plenty of veteran platoon backs out there: Hyde, Martin, Burkhead, Hill, I’d expext one of those guys. That or they will take a RB on round 1-2 to pair with AA and Theo.

Got to sign a guard or center. I’d be ok with them spending some money on Spencer Long or Ryan Jensen.

I doubt Suh will make sense money wise but he would obviously improve the D immensely. I could see a guy like Bennie Logan getting signed. He’s a big body to play in Ngata’s rotational spot.

Think I’d like Hyde out of those if the price wasn’t prohibitive. He’s been pretty fit for the last two seasons, and he’s an aggressive runner who’s more of an all rounder than any of the backs we own. It wouldnt be madness to...

Sign an experienced all rounder RB

Draft someone who could be an all rounder 

Riddick/Abdullah share the role Riddicks been playing for a few years. I think if Abdullah is to have any chance being worthwhile for us it’s as a back in space. Riddick has been the man here of course, but Abdullah is no slouch with receptions and Riddick has had persistent wrist issues. 

Think I’d like Hyde out of those if the price wasn’t prohibitive. He’s been pretty fit for the last two seasons, and he’s an aggressive runner who’s more of an all rounder than any of the backs we own. It wouldnt be madness to...

Sign an experienced all rounder RB

Draft someone who could be an all rounder 

Riddick/Abdullah share the role Riddicks been playing for a few years. I think if Abdullah is to have any chance being worthwhile for us it’s as a back in space. Riddick has been the man here of course, but Abdullah is no slouch with receptions and Riddick has had persistent wrist issues. 
Browns got Hyde for a real nice price 3 years 15 million. At this point we are almost assured to be taking a 2nd pick on a RB. 

Not enthused by Gore, had hoped to get a  FA with some more juice like Hyde. I guess, if we spend a 2-3 rounder on an RB, then Gore could be  a good backup/mentor. 

If it is Gore though it kind of funnels us into spending a high pick on RB for def though. Our options would have been more open if we’d snagged a Crowell/Hyde type. 

At this point, I just want to see us beef up the front line on D with our next FA grab. 

I do NOT want to settle for old man Gore. No. Just no. 

What about a trade for Ingram? New Orleans need a TE? I’ll take off my fantasy GM hat and listen..

I may not be Lions homer but I would put trust in freshly hired HC Patricia and his GM Quinn to remake their defense.  Patricia is heady guy with engineering background will do great in coaching these new acquired players. 

Letting free agency come to them, not making panic signings or giving away the bank for anyone, I kind of like what they’re doing. :construction:

Does that save us the full 8m to be spent somewhere else ? If it does, I’m happy with it being spent on some more D

Im down with it, the guy we drafted last year can catch and is a redzone threat. We just need to replace Fells for blocking. Perhaps we should maybe have kept Fells since his blocking was legit 

Hopefully it means we are going to snag a really nice DT in the coming days 

Does that save us the full 8m to be spent somewhere else ? If it does, I’m happy with it being spent on some more D

Im down with it, the guy we drafted last year can catch and is a redzone threat. We just need to replace Fells for blocking. Perhaps we should maybe have kept Fells since his blocking was legit 

Hopefully it means we are going to snag a really nice DT in the coming days 
Are we sure? He has 4 career receptions. Tight end looks like a huge problem right now.

I have no doubt he can catch a football. Is he ready to be a primary pass catching option in the NFL? There is zero evidence of that. 

Julius Thomas got cut. It’s looking like we are going to have to bring in somebody pretty bad.

I have no doubt he can catch a football. Is he ready to be a primary pass catching option in the NFL? There is zero evidence of that. 

Julius Thomas got cut. It’s looking like we are going to have to bring in somebody pretty bad.
No he’s likely not. I don’t think any of the rookies are really nfl ready. Sooooooo I don’t know what we’re doing here. I trust FO because I’m rooting for them and I kind of have to have faith or why am I rooting for them? 8 mil is a decent amount but who you want to spend it on? There’s still some quality players out there but that 8 mil would have been more useful early in fa. Any rfa’s that got rendered that may be worth pursuing? 

I forgot about Eifert....always hurt but wouldn’t mind a one year deal to see if he can perform.
If he was ever healthy he would still be in Cinci or he would have been signed already. No harm in a 1 year deal but I have little faith he can stay healthy.

No he’s likely not. I don’t think any of the rookies are really nfl ready. Sooooooo I don’t know what we’re doing here. I trust FO because I’m rooting for them and I kind of have to have faith or why am I rooting for them? 8 mil is a decent amount but who you want to spend it on? There’s still some quality players out there but that 8 mil would have been more useful early in fa. Any rfa’s that got rendered that may be worth pursuing? 
Not sure about RFAs other than Cam Meredith but WR isn’t a big need- especially not an outside WR like Meredith. There are still 1 or 2 highly thought of OG/C FAs and I am really hoping they land one. I know we resigned Wilson and Lawson but maybe the Lions saw Honey Badger was leaving Arizona and they want to give him a big deal? Were they clearing money for Suh?

Is ASJ still available? 

If he was ever healthy he would still be in Cinci or he would have been signed already. No harm in a 1 year deal but I have little faith he can stay healthy.

Not sure about RFAs other than Cam Meredith but WR isn’t a big need- especially not an outside WR like Meredith. There are still 1 or 2 highly thought of OG/C FAs and I am really hoping they land one. I know we resigned Wilson and Lawson but maybe the Lions saw Honey Badger was leaving Arizona and they want to give him a big deal? Were they clearing money for Suh?

Is ASJ still available? 
I think Eric swoope was tendered but I don’t know what rd. ASJ would be an option...

CB Shead in on a one year deal. We look pretty sorted at DB and LB has been beefed up of course. 

TE is a worry I agree, but I’m sure we can find some similar production to Ebron for a fraction of the price. I’d rather spend that 8m in other areas 

Reports Lions are going to sign Frank Gore. Yawn.
As long as it’s a one year deal I’m fine with it. Gore is the kind of pro that can set the right example for the impressionable rookie RB they draft on day two or three. 

Im ready for Quinn to go after a DT now.  Need to shore up that line.

As long as it’s a one year deal I’m fine with it. Gore is the kind of pro that can set the right example for the impressionable rookie RB they draft on day two or three. 

Im ready for Quinn to go after a DT now.  Need to shore up that line.
That is a good point. Gore has always been heralded as one of the best locker room guys in the NFL. If we draft somone like Chubb or Penny, I don't mind having Gore their to show them the ropes. 

Users who are viewing this thread