What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Getting ready for the draft in Motown. (17 Viewers)

I agree with 80s. Does not hurt to bring in some competition for the backup QB, nobody should just be handed that job on any team.

I think Cassell has one more Super Bowl ring than Detroit's franchise.
Dude, that's some cold s##t right there.

(To be pedantic, Cassel doesn't have a "ring" in the sense of having been on a SB-winning roster. Closest he came was on the '07 Pats. But even that one (non) appearance in a SB is more than the Lions.)

Is Landry going to make it to us? I keep seeing him falling in mocks but then hear/read draftniks talking about prospects and they all love Landry. I have a hard time seeing the best edge rusher in the class not going top 15.

MNF isn't required to have every team on the same way that Thursday night is.  This is a really ####ty matchup for the 1st MNF game of the season, and I say that as a Loins fan.
I believe the Bears played in a couple last season. Talk about ####ty.  

So what is everybody hoping for with the 20th selection?

Vea, Payne, Landry, Hurst, Bryan, etc?
1. Landry

2. Payne

3.Vea

4. Maurice Hurst

2nd round is tough to call, but I like:

1. Lorenzo Carter

2. Will Hernandez

3. Justin Reid

4. Mike Gesicki

They will be lucky to go 5-11. That is a brutal schedule 
Yeah it’s a tough schedule but I think 5-11 is selling them short. It will be a tough division. 5-11 might be the lowest I’d predict, but they certainly could be in the hunt at the end of the year, either for the division or a wc.

1. Landry

2. Payne

3.Vea

4. Maurice Hurst

2nd round is tough to call, but I like:

1. Lorenzo Carter

2. Will Hernandez

3. Justin Reid

4. Mike Gesicki
Any one of those 4 I’d be happy with. Landry looks to be going all over the place in mock drafts so it’s tough to gauge if he’ll slide to 20. Vea and Payne have a good chance of being selected before. Great chance on Hurst.

Any one of those 4 I’d be happy with. Landry looks to be going all over the place in mock drafts so it’s tough to gauge if he’ll slide to 20. Vea and Payne have a good chance of being selected before. Great chance on Hurst.
Yeah I agree that at least 1 of those guys should be there. The DLine/pass rush is by far the biggest need imo. We do need interior line help but that’s not a 1st round value position.

They will be lucky to go 5-11. That is a brutal schedule 
It looks rough, but it's too early to know the true shape of many of these teams. The AFC East is a chance to go 3-1. For the NFC West, they should beat ARI. I almost put higher chances at beating SEA at home than SF away, but unless Jimmy G is (still) a top 5 QB, they have an opportunity to take both. The tough part is the division, where 2-4 might almost feel fortunate. That and facing DAL & CAR both feel like losses, Call it 7-9/8-8 with some room for whatever Patricia factor there is.

This is probably best case scenario....

Sept. 10 vs. New York Jets (Mon)7:10 p.m.(ESPN) PROBABLE WIN. Absolutely cannot lose this game. WIN 1-0.

Sept. 16 at San Francisco 49ers4:05 p.m.(FOX) EVEN. Tough to give Detroit a win in this one the way SF played at the end of year. This could go either way however and SF has not done much so far to upgrade the offensive attack. I am going to give my boys the edge with Stafford having the experience to gut out a tough victory. WIN 2-0. 

Sept. 23 vs. New England Patriots8:20 p.m.(NBC) PROBABLE LOSS. As neat as it would be for Patricia to slay the dragon it is not happening. LOSS 2-1.

Sept. 30 at Dallas Cowboys1 p.m.(FOX) EVEN. I am not scared of Dallas at all. I am hoping at this point Patricia gets the best out of our defense and we shut Elliot down. WIN 3-1. 

Oct. 7 vs. Green Bay Packers1 p.m.(FOX) EVEN. We are excited to be 3-1 but lose a close one against a tough rival. LOSS 3-2

Oct. 14 BYE

Oct. 21 at Miami Dolphins1 p.m.(FOX) PROBABLE WIN. This is game that we should win...which means we will lose (there is always at least one of those). LOSS 3-3.

Oct. 28 vs. Seattle Seahawks1 p.m.(FOX) EVEN. After a tough loss we take care of the Bird's at home. These are not the same Seahawks of years past. WIN 4-3.  

Nov. 4 at Minnesota Vikings1 p.m.(FOX) PROBABLE LOSS. Minnesota is too sound all the way around and has home field. LOSS 4-4. 

Nov. 11 at Chicago Bears1 p.m.(FOX) EVEN. A game we feel like we have going into it but the Bears offense starts to gel and we lose a close one. LOSS 4-5.

Nov. 18 vs. Carolina Panthers1 p.m.(FOX) EVEN. This is a pivotal game on the schedule. I am hoping we are healthier than Carolina at this point and squeak a win out. WIN 5-5.

Nov. 22 vs. Chicago Bears (Thanksgiving)12:30 p.m.(CBS) PROBABLE WIN. We revenge our previous loss to Chicago and celebrate Thanksgiving with a win. WIN 6-5.

Dec. 2 vs. Los Angeles Rams1 p.m.(FOX) PROBABLE LOSS. Suh haunts us and the Ram's win by double-digits. LOSS 6-6.

Dec. 9 at Arizona Cardinals4:05 p.m.(FOX) PROBABLE WIN. This game and the next game are must win for us to have an outside chance at post season. The percentage chances of Bradford still playing at this point are small. I give the Lion's the road victory here. WIN 7-6.

Dec. 16 at Buffalo Bills1 p.m.(FOX) PROBABLE WIN. We control are destiny and it is shaping up for an exciting finish. The weather is horrible in Buffalo and we narrowly edge the Bill's. WIN 8-6.

Dec. 23 vs. Minnesota Vikings1 p.m.(FOX) PROBABLE LOSS. Minnesota is running away with the division at this point. We get clobbered. LOSS 8-7.

Dec. 30 at Green Bay Packers1 p.m.(FOX) PROBABLE LOSS. The later the season gets the worse the Packers are getting. We steal one at Lambeau for the second year in a row. WIN 9-7.

MNF isn't required to have every team on the same way that Thursday night is.  This is a really ####ty matchup for the 1st MNF game of the season, and I say that as a Loins fan.
It's like what they used to put on Thursdays, but people complained about those always sucking so flip a better matchup to Thursday that was supposed to be on Monday Night. It's also the 1st MNF game of the year so everyone will be watching anyways, plus there is a 2nd game that nite in case the 1st one sucks.

There, I just had the thoughts of an NFL exec.

You guys seeing this talk that Guice might fall because he could be gay and when teams asked at the combine he got mad, leaned it to the media?

Is there anyway the nfk cavemen let him fall to us in round 2?

You guys seeing this talk that Guice might fall because he could be gay and when teams asked at the combine he got mad, leaned it to the media?

Is there anyway the nfl cavemen let him fall to us in round 2?

Last edited by a moderator:

Is there anyway the nfk cavemen let him fall to us in round 2?
Rumor is odell is gay...shrug i think it matters more to the management then the guys in the locker room

I'll kiss him myself if he falls to round 2 to the Lions. But that's as far as it goes, the guy has never even bought me dinner.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as the schedule goes, just like MLB screwed over the Tigers with nothing but cold weather games early, the NFL sticks the Lions with December games in Buffalo & Green Bay.

It’s almost draft time!  I read an interesting article today that implied BQ was likely to trade down if Vea or Landry weren’t available to acquire more picks. As it stands now they only have 6. I guess it would depend on what they could get. I really want Landry though. 

It’s almost draft time!  I read an interesting article today that implied BQ was likely to trade down if Vea or Landry weren’t available to acquire more picks. As it stands now they only have 6. I guess it would depend on what they could get. I really want Landry though. 
Ideal draft for me is a trade back to get more picks. If the haul is good, I say trade out of the first and load up on day two picks. 

Make it happen Bob! 

I feel like every team wants to trade down this year beyond pick 15. If we can do it great, but not counting on it. 

Re running back would love it if we could sneak Nick Chubb in the 3rd round. There’s quite a few RBs who could go in front of him. I feel he’s still being underrated a little off of having the injury and having to share with Michel 

Don’t know much about the center but PFF loves him and it’s a position of need. Solid pick I guess. With all the trades tonight it’s too bad they couldn’t move back a bit. 

I think it’s a given they draft a RB in rd 2 to go with the completed oline. Defense will suffer a bit unless there are some gems in the later rounds but the O should be solid. Really hoping for Chubb in rd two. 

I really wanted but DL but I guess I can't complain too much about getting a position of need and a guy that experts love. 

Users who are viewing this thread