Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

DETROIT LIONS 2021: Lions Draft: OT-Sewell is #1 Brad Holmes first draft is complete. Grades?

1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

He was good in preseason two years ago? You aren’t making me feel much better about this lol.

He was stuck behind JPP and Vernon as a rookie then.  And then they switched to a 3-4 last year. 

Would have rather had him sitting behind Hyder than Zettel last year, myself.  :shrug: 

Edited by BigSteelThrill
  • Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not successfully you couldn’t 

I believe this is the first win the Lions have ever had in January.

I’m usually not one to get caught up in “celebrity” lives, but as a parent my ♥️ goes out to Matthew & Kelly. Her six hour brain surgery morphed into a twelve hour procedure, but she’s walking and

Just now, BigSteelThrill said:

He was stuck behind JPP and Vernon as a rookie then.  And then they switched to a 3-4 last year. 

And he spent almost all of last year on IR so there is hope. It’s just an odd move imo.

I don't think there are any of us that would be surprised if we lost to NYJ, is there?  I'm having bad dreams of us making Darnold look like Aaron Rodgers, like we have with so many other average qbs with all kinds of time to throw.  And we can't stop the run either.  Stafford will have to win games by himself again.  :sadbanana:  

I hope I'm wrong

1 hour ago, jomar said:

I don't think there are any of us that would be surprised if we lost to NYJ, is there?  I'm having bad dreams of us making Darnold look like Aaron Rodgers, like we have with so many other average qbs with all kinds of time to throw.  And we can't stop the run either.  Stafford will have to win games by himself again.  :sadbanana:  

I hope I'm wrong

God I hope not but the last time we played a rookie 1st round QB in week one it was Matt Ryan. He killed us and I’m pretty sure we went 0-16.

14 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

HTH did this game make MNF opening week?

Where have you been? MNF as marquee match-up died around the same time as Howard Cosell. It's now in danger of becoming more of a dumping ground than TNF. That's particularly true for the Week 1 early game. Half of America forgets there's even a football game on at 7 ET.

Just now, zftcg said:

Where have you been? MNF as marquee match-up died around the same time as Howard Cosell. It's now in danger of becoming more of a dumping ground than TNF. That's particularly true for the Week 1 early game. Half of America forgets there's even a football game on at 7 ET.

Lion hell...

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

HTH did this game make MNF opening week?

B team announcing crew - Beth Mowins on play by play..

Isn’t one of the games often a scrub matchup when they do their Week 1 doubleheader?

#bringbacksergiodipp

9 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

B team announcing crew - Beth Mowins on play by play..

Isn’t one of the games often a scrub matchup when they do their Week 1 doubleheader?

#bringbacksergiodipp

Must be the throw away game.

1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

I hate the double Monday night schedule. Early game starts while West Coasters are still working. Late game won’t end till like 2 AM for East Coasters.

I would normally agree as I'm on the East Coast, but this weekend I'll be in Vegas so I love it.  Games from 10 am till 11pm.

2 hours ago, abbottjamesr said:

I would normally agree as I'm on the East Coast, but this weekend I'll be in Vegas so I love it.  Games from 10 am till 11pm.

I don't think there will be any games on Monday at 10 AM in Vegas. 

2 minutes ago, Arodin said:

Don’t rule out the possibility of multiple overtimes in the Bears-Packers contest...

I have actually 100% ruled out that possibility. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, abbottjamesr said:

There's no clocks there so I won't know what time the games end. 

If you see my son there tell him to kind of behave himself.  he is there for the FFPC live draft on Saturday.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

This has been about the quietest opener I can ever remember. Nobody is talking about the Lions on the radio or anywhere...no buzz for the new season..no nothing.  

They lose on monday all kinds of talk...the shine is off quinn....minnesota and chicago improved alot...and rodgers wont be hurt...3rd or 4th place is more likely than the playoffs

So are any of the Lions RB startable as a deep league flex play.   Seems Kerryon is listed pretty deep on the depth chart so he is risky until he role becomes defined.  Blount looks to be the starter so should see a dozen plus carries plus goal line work which against the Jets is a plus.  Theo will get his 4-5 catches.  

41 minutes ago, Megaton said:

So are any of the Lions RB startable as a deep league flex play.   Seems Kerryon is listed pretty deep on the depth chart so he is risky until he role becomes defined.  Blount looks to be the starter so should see a dozen plus carries plus goal line work which against the Jets is a plus.  Theo will get his 4-5 catches.  

First game i like blount for the reason you said.

3 hours ago, Megaton said:

2 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

First game i like blount for the reason you said.

<<drafted Kerryon & thinks you guys don’t anything

I’m starting Hyde at RB2 & Flexing either Cohen or M Williams

Been trying to talk everyone out of starting Detroit as their DT/DST but nobody will listen

Also got Tate so there’s that 

I cannot remember a team looking worse in preseason but if they win 2 of their first 3 nobody will remember that

15 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Been trying to talk everyone out of starting Detroit as their DT/DST but nobody will listen

I cannot remember a team looking worse in preseason but if they win 2 of their first 3 nobody will remember that

Preseason means nothing.  The O-line will be improved and the running game should be improved.   I am really interested to see what Stafford can do with that.   Stafford may not put up his biggest  numbers, but it may/should  be his best season.  Defense still has tons of issues.  Not a great team, but preseason is of no concern.   How the team responds to Patricia vs. Caldwell will be very interesting.  

Thought it was interesting to read the Lions has 16 players with at least one snap on the defensive line in 2017. Of those, only Ansah & Robinson remain. The personnel we had just didn’t match the kind of versatile DL/LB that Patricia favors, plus we’re switching to a base 3-4.

If they keep Stafford clean there is no reason to worry about the offense IMO. Three talented WRs who should be über productive, Theo still got it & the run game will sort itself out. I like Kerryon as an all around back & expect his workload to increase as the season goes on.

No pass rush and pretty mediocre second level is a lot the overcome. I love our DBs but they’re gonna struggle if we don’t get pressure or can’t stop the run. Gotta avoid giving up chunk plays.

1 hour ago, BobbyLayne said:

playing Detroit D this week is a colossal mistake

• Like 2

I have two members of the company's executive leadership working with me this week.

They suggested a nice dinner in Austin Monday night... I'm wondering how they will react when we walk into some dumpy sports bar like Lavaca Street or something?  

I'm watching the Lions.  

1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

How do you guys feel about Marvin Jones this week and all season?

When they ran two receiver sets this summer, it was usually Golladay & Jones. Caveat being they run an 11 formation more than almost anyone (it’s been like 73-76% of the time since JBC took over.) I expect to see an expanded route tree from Golladay & I think Jones will, at best, have a Brandon Cooks-lite type season. A few stinkers & a few boomers because he’s still the primary deep threat. Although Tate had a couple of disappearances late last year, he’s been phenomenally consistent the last four years with a ton of YAC. TE targets will be WAY down this year so I think there’s gonna be plenty to go around for all three.

7 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

When they ran two receiver sets this summer, it was usually Golladay & Jones. Caveat being they run an 11 formation more than almost anyone (it’s been like 73-76% of the time since JBC took over.) I expect to see an expanded route tree from Golladay & I think Jones will, at best, have a Brandon Cooks-lite type season. A few stinkers & a few boomers because he’s still the primary deep threat. Although Tate had a couple of disappearances late last year, he’s been phenomenally consistent the last four years with a ton of YAC. TE targets will be WAY down this year so I think there’s gonna be plenty to go around for all three.

Great insight. Thanks!

11 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

How do you guys feel about Marvin Jones this week and all season?

1000/7.  Cooks or Hill is a good comp for his boom bust potential. He's mostly a TD/deep threat guy so he won't have the target volume to give him the kind of floor top 15 WRs will likely get. 

• Like 1
  • Da Guru changed the title to DETROIT LIONS 2021: Lions Draft: OT-Sewell is #1 Brad Holmes first draft is complete. Grades?