What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Getting ready for the draft in Motown. (56 Viewers)

HTH did this game make MNF opening week?
Where have you been? MNF as marquee match-up died around the same time as Howard Cosell. It's now in danger of becoming more of a dumping ground than TNF. That's particularly true for the Week 1 early game. Half of America forgets there's even a football game on at 7 ET.

Where have you been? MNF as marquee match-up died around the same time as Howard Cosell. It's now in danger of becoming more of a dumping ground than TNF. That's particularly true for the Week 1 early game. Half of America forgets there's even a football game on at 7 ET.
Lion hell...

I hate the double Monday night schedule. Early game starts while West Coasters are still working. Late game won’t end till like 2 AM for East Coasters.

I hate the double Monday night schedule. Early game starts while West Coasters are still working. Late game won’t end till like 2 AM for East Coasters.
I would normally agree as I'm on the East Coast, but this weekend I'll be in Vegas so I love it.  Games from 10 am till 11pm.

This has been about the quietest opener I can ever remember. Nobody is talking about the Lions on the radio or anywhere...no buzz for the new season..no nothing.  

This has been about the quietest opener I can ever remember. Nobody is talking about the Lions on the radio or anywhere...no buzz for the new season..no nothing.  
They lose on monday all kinds of talk...the shine is off quinn....minnesota and chicago improved alot...and rodgers wont be hurt...3rd or 4th place is more likely than the playoffs

So are any of the Lions RB startable as a deep league flex play.   Seems Kerryon is listed pretty deep on the depth chart so he is risky until he role becomes defined.  Blount looks to be the starter so should see a dozen plus carries plus goal line work which against the Jets is a plus.  Theo will get his 4-5 catches.  

So are any of the Lions RB startable as a deep league flex play.   Seems Kerryon is listed pretty deep on the depth chart so he is risky until he role becomes defined.  Blount looks to be the starter so should see a dozen plus carries plus goal line work which against the Jets is a plus.  Theo will get his 4-5 catches.  
First game i like blount for the reason you said.

First game i like blount for the reason you said.
<<drafted Kerryon & thinks you guys don’t anything

I’m starting Hyde at RB2 & Flexing either Cohen or M Williams

Been trying to talk everyone out of starting Detroit as their DT/DST but nobody will listen

Also got Tate so there’s that 

I cannot remember a team looking worse in preseason but if they win 2 of their first 3 nobody will remember that

Been trying to talk everyone out of starting Detroit as their DT/DST but nobody will listen

I cannot remember a team looking worse in preseason but if they win 2 of their first 3 nobody will remember that
Preseason means nothing.  The O-line will be improved and the running game should be improved.   I am really interested to see what Stafford can do with that.   Stafford may not put up his biggest  numbers, but it may/should  be his best season.  Defense still has tons of issues.  Not a great team, but preseason is of no concern.   How the team responds to Patricia vs. Caldwell will be very interesting.  

Thought it was interesting to read the Lions has 16 players with at least one snap on the defensive line in 2017. Of those, only Ansah & Robinson remain. The personnel we had just didn’t match the kind of versatile DL/LB that Patricia favors, plus we’re switching to a base 3-4.

If they keep Stafford clean there is no reason to worry about the offense IMO. Three talented WRs who should be über productive, Theo still got it & the run game will sort itself out. I like Kerryon as an all around back & expect his workload to increase as the season goes on.

No pass rush and pretty mediocre second level is a lot the overcome. I love our DBs but they’re gonna struggle if we don’t get pressure or can’t stop the run. Gotta avoid giving up chunk plays.

playing Detroit D this week is a colossal mistake

I have two members of the company's executive leadership working with me this week.

They suggested a nice dinner in Austin Monday night... I'm wondering how they will react when we walk into some dumpy sports bar like Lavaca Street or something?  

I'm watching the Lions.  

How do you guys feel about Marvin Jones this week and all season?
When they ran two receiver sets this summer, it was usually Golladay & Jones. Caveat being they run an 11 formation more than almost anyone (it’s been like 73-76% of the time since JBC took over.) I expect to see an expanded route tree from Golladay & I think Jones will, at best, have a Brandon Cooks-lite type season. A few stinkers & a few boomers because he’s still the primary deep threat. Although Tate had a couple of disappearances late last year, he’s been phenomenally consistent the last four years with a ton of YAC. TE targets will be WAY down this year so I think there’s gonna be plenty to go around for all three.

When they ran two receiver sets this summer, it was usually Golladay & Jones. Caveat being they run an 11 formation more than almost anyone (it’s been like 73-76% of the time since JBC took over.) I expect to see an expanded route tree from Golladay & I think Jones will, at best, have a Brandon Cooks-lite type season. A few stinkers & a few boomers because he’s still the primary deep threat. Although Tate had a couple of disappearances late last year, he’s been phenomenally consistent the last four years with a ton of YAC. TE targets will be WAY down this year so I think there’s gonna be plenty to go around for all three.
Great insight. Thanks!

Always liked Stafford but this is his 10th season...Stafford is Stafford..this is what he is and he will be no more.

Wow, another failed Belichick protege.  I'm sure nobody could see this coming...

The Patriot way is Belichick's game planning and Tom Brady.

Is this the worst performance ever? Certainly the most disappointing. Completely unprepared. Stafford was pathetic. Oline terrible. Same old play calling. 

I wasn’t a fan of him, but somewhere Jim Caldwell is smiling. 

Users who are viewing this thread