What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Getting ready for the draft in Motown. (16 Viewers)

Moonlight said:
Kyle Van Noy was drafted by the Lions in 2014 in the second round (40th overall).

On October 25, 2016, the Detroit Lions traded Van Noy and a seventh round pick (239th overall) in the 2017 NFL Draft to the New England Patriots in exchange for a sixth round pick (215th overall) in 2017.

The Lions used that 6th round pick of the Patriots to draft Brad Kaaya. . A notoriously noodle arm QB from U of Miami.

Kaaya was waived by the Lions and other teams thereafter. Last team was the Colts who waived him after an injury in the 2018 preseason.

Van Noy led the Patriots in tackles for the 2018 season and was a starting LB for the SB.
😁 This FO is the worst.

so far this is the thing that no one else in the BB pats tree does, find these kind of players and put them in roles to excel.

I don't get the approach by Patricia on defense this year at all, you had 4/3 personnel yet you tried to wedge them into the 3/4-pats "system", BB wouldn't do this, he would change and mold his defense by game, heck by quarter if adjustments are needed. I don't see this from Romeo crenel, mangini, Patricia, any of the disciples, feed bad for Miami because they just got the wool pulled over their eyes too......

BB & brady are pure voodoo magic and there is no duplicating it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Quinn has been there, they certainly have over spent on Marvin Jones ( at the time) and TJ Lang & Wagoner, when they should of just kept Warfod & rieff and coached em up
They really didn't overspend on Marvin. People just underestimated how good he was- that was a great contract. I don't think we could have kept Rieff considering the Vikings gave him more money than we spent on Wagner. Reiff has made 26mill so far, Wagner has made 20mill. Warford and TJ had similar deals. Warford has made 17mill and Lang has made 19mill. Unfortunately Lang has been plagued by injuries but if you put any stock into PFF, Lang has played much better than Warford. 

Clelin Ferrell seems like obvious #1 pick - best edge rusher besides Bosa.

If he’s off the board, should they trade back to pick up more picks? So many needs...

Clelin Ferrell seems like obvious #1 pick - best edge rusher besides Bosa.

If he’s off the board, should they trade back to pick up more picks? So many needs...
I don't know if he is the best edger rusher but I think he is in the conversation for best all around edge. He checks every box right now with size, sustained production, early college success, elite level of competition. He is the guy I am really hoping for at 8.

1,025 days since any Detroit sports team won a playoff game.

Tigers - haven’t made the postseason since 2014

Pistons - last won a playoff game in 2008

Red Wings - three years & counting 

Lions - 1/5/1992

Longest streak of any of the 19 cities with at least 3 of the big 4 North American leagues.

This is the biggest slump between playoff wins in major Detroit pro sports since 1978-84, when the Motor City went 2,358 consecutive days without a postseason victory.

1,025 days since any Detroit sports team won a playoff game.

Tigers - haven’t made the postseason since 2014

Pistons - last won a playoff game in 2008

Red Wings - three years & counting 

Lions - 1/5/1992

Longest streak of any of the 19 cities with at least 3 of the big 4 North American leagues.

This is the biggest slump between playoff wins in major Detroit pro sports since 1978-84, when the Motor City went 2,358 consecutive days without a postseason victory.
Yeah but with the way those 4 teams are looking, several championships are just around the corner. 

As expected, whether hypocritical or not, the Lions came out and said they had no interest in Hunt because they want a certain type of person on the team. 

As expected, whether hypocritical or not, the Lions came out and said they had no interest in Hunt because they want a certain type of person on the team. 
As I have documented prior, the Lions have no leg to stand on.  Quinn has signed players and coaches with all kinds of offenses in their background... including domestic violence.  In fact the Lions seem to be so concerned with the type of people they hire that little things like rape charges don't even come up in the hiring process.

"I want good people"

No you don't... you want whatever kind of people. Preferably without video evidence.

Yeah but with the way those 4 teams are looking, several championships are just around the corner. 
need the NHL to make sure the wings get the #1 pick...….wings could help themselves by off loading Howard, Nyquist, Green, Kronwall, anyone with a pulse over 26 at the deadline...pawn off bumms like helm, abdelkader, glendenning

@matuski and other Lions fans:

I was running the Lions in the Shark Pool draft and was interested in some feedback.

1    Arizona - AndyD - Nick Bosa OLB OSU
2    San Francisco - IHEARTFF - Josh Allen OLB Kentucky
3    NY Jets - Dr Octopus - Quinnen Williams DT Alabama

4    Oakland - ILov80s - Clelin Ferrell DT Clemson
5    Tampa Bay - Grahamburn - Jachai Polite DE Florida
6    NY Giants - Dr Octopus - Dwayne Haskins QB OSU
7    Jacksonville - Duckboy - Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma
8    Detroit - ILov80s - Jonah Williams OL Alabama

1.08 Lions- Jonah Williams OL Alabama

Ideally I would try to trade down here but I’m not sure I would get offers with who has been taken already. This is the worst case scenario as I wanted one of the edge rushers. 

So Jonah can play guard this year to replace Lang and Detroit will have an o-line with three 1st round picks. If Detroit decides Decker isn’t worth a big extension or we decide to part ways with Rick Wagner, it gives the Lions a great replacement. 

@matuski and other Lions fans:

I was running the Lions in the Shark Pool draft and was interested in some feedback.

1    Arizona - AndyD - Nick Bosa OLB OSU
2    San Francisco - IHEARTFF - Josh Allen OLB Kentucky
3    NY Jets - Dr Octopus - Quinnen Williams DT Alabama

4    Oakland - ILov80s - Clelin Ferrell DT Clemson
5    Tampa Bay - Grahamburn - Jachai Polite DE Florida
6    NY Giants - Dr Octopus - Dwayne Haskins QB OSU
7    Jacksonville - Duckboy - Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma
8    Detroit - ILov80s - Jonah Williams OL Alabama

1.08 Lions- Jonah Williams OL Alabama

Ideally I would try to trade down here but I’m not sure I would get offers with who has been taken already. This is the worst case scenario as I wanted one of the edge rushers. 

So Jonah can play guard this year to replace Lang and Detroit will have an o-line with three 1st round picks. If Detroit decides Decker isn’t worth a big extension or we decide to part ways with Rick Wagner, it gives the Lions a great replacement. 
I am a broken record.. I'll take the OL/DL all day every day.  5 DL went prior so I like taking the best OL.  I like the pick.

My dreams of Josh Allen from mid season are pipe dreams now.

I am a broken record.. I'll take the OL/DL all day every day.  5 DL went prior so I like taking the best OL.  I like the pick.

My dreams of Josh Allen from mid season are pipe dreams now.
I think the best use of those high capital picks is on the key positions of QB, OT, DE and CB. So I think it’s best not to stray from there unless there is a Calvin Johnson or Suh. CB is a bigger need but I don’t think there’s a guy yet who warrants that high of a pick. 

I guess if you don't like the top rated guy at that position you don't want to go and get greedy.
2 months ago he was my top target but the more I read, the more I worry. I read a lot of “lazy”, “takes plays off”, “doesn’t like to tackle”. 

And round 2

2.11 Lions- Nasir Adderley DB Delaware 

Grover Quinn really struggled last year at 33 it looks like he is done. The Lions can save money cutting him. The Lions have some good young versatile DBs in Quandre Diggs and Tracy Walker but I’m going to add another. Adderley has experience at corner and safety. He’s got great range, closing speed and is a ball hawk. Can’t ever have enough athletes in the back half in this pass happy NFL.

I was looking close at Irv Smith or AJ Brown but they went right in front of me.

Sad to see him go. Before last year he was one of the most underrated players in the league but Father Time caught up with him. It makes my mock draft pick of Adderley look better though.
I say bull#### on this move......watch him go somewhere else and be a solid player..... I thought the lure of the Pats organization was that they can make anything/anyone fit and adjust their scheme, well Patricia and Quinn are showing that they are clueless.....A'Shawn Robinson....bench......GQ....see ya.....

Its almost like the Pats have installed puppet regimes across the league.....

I say bull#### on this move......watch him go somewhere else and be a solid player..... I thought the lure of the Pats organization was that they can make anything/anyone fit and adjust their scheme, well Patricia and Quinn are showing that they are clueless.....A'Shawn Robinson....bench......GQ....see ya.....

I’m not a fan of their regime but Quinn is 33 and played awful last year. Players get old and fall off. It happens. I have no idea what happened with Ashawn but it got resolved as the year went on and PFF graded him as a top 10 DT in the NFL.

Quinn was terrible last year, but still had a great Lions career. 5 solid years, made All Pro, led the league in interceptions, and very vocal leader in the locker room. Along with Golden Tate, one of the best FA signings in team history.

But this was telegraphed months ago. He just wasn't the same player in 2018 and Walker took a lot of snaps away from him the last third of the season. Doubt he signs with anyone but I cannot see any scenario where he magically reverses Father Time.

The other consideration here is there are a lot of good safeties who are UFA this year. I'll be very disappointed if we don't sign someone next month.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

That Pats also were known for trading/cutting bait on players even if they were fan/team favorites instead of holding on to them while they declined.

The lions have a meeting scheduled with Jonah Williams. I guess my mock pick wasn’t so bad. 

Anyone else think Andy Isabella is the perfect fit here?

Ilov80s said:
The lions have a meeting scheduled with Jonah Williams. I guess my mock pick wasn’t so bad. 

Anyone else think Andy Isabella is the perfect fit here?
I'm rooting for them to take Isabella with that late 3rd round pick. I don't know if he slides to the Lions 4th round pick with all those comp picks piled in between their 3rd and 4th rounders. Would be poetic to use the pick they acquired from Tate to find their new slot WR.

I'm rooting for them to take Isabella with that late 3rd round pick. I don't know if he slides to the Lions 4th round pick with all those comp picks piled in between their 3rd and 4th rounders. Would be poetic to use the pick they acquired from Tate to find their new slot WR.
I am worried that he is getting a lot of buzz now and if runs as fast as some are predicting, he could be a 2nd rounder. I've heard some think he could run sub 4.3

I am worried that he is getting a lot of buzz now and if runs as fast as some are predicting, he could be a 2nd rounder. I've heard some think he could run sub 4.3
Same here. Hoping his size allows him to slip. I haven't seen him go before the 3rd round comp picks in any mock yet. Of course that means nothing if he has a good 40 time.

Anyone else think Noah Fant just cemented his place on the Lions at 1.08? He looks like the kind of player that can totally change an offense.

Users who are viewing this thread