Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

DETROIT LIONS 2021: Lions Draft: OT-Sewell is #1 Brad Holmes first draft is complete. Grades?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jon_mx said:

IMHO, the WR are more than good enough. Tyrell Williams only year as a #1 WR he posted 69-1059-7....which is not bad.  His other years in San Diego, Rivers focused heavily on Keenan Allen.  Tyrell had decent years for the Raiders, but was banged up most of the time which impacted his numbers.  Last year missing the season with a shoulder injury.   He had a $44 million, 4-year deal with the Raiders, so he was well coveted.  Assuming Tyrell is healthy, he is a legitimate #1 WR.  I also like St. Brown to be very productive this year.  Pair that with a pro-bowler at TE and a couple great options out of the backfield, the Lions can have a very productive passing game.  Give Goff good protection, and I see no reason he can not get his QB rating up around 100 again.  Probably drinking Kool-aid, but I am not overly concerned with the WR position.  It is going to be a ball control offense featuring the running game and short passes with the deep threat sprinkled on top.  This WR group is more than capable at handling the task and are fast enough to create mismatches and burn you.

That is a really optimistic outlook for a WR who hasn't caught more than 43 passes in a season in 4 years. 

Edited by Ilov80s
miscounted on the number of years
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not successfully you couldn’t 

I believe this is the first win the Lions have ever had in January.

I’m usually not one to get caught up in “celebrity” lives, but as a parent my ♥️ goes out to Matthew & Kelly. Her six hour brain surgery morphed into a twelve hour procedure, but she’s walking and

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

That is a really optimistic outlook for a WR who hasn't caught more than 43 passes in a season in 5 years. 

4 seasons.  One as a distant WR#2 behind Keenan.  Two banged up with ankle injuries and last season missed completely with a shoulder injury.  His numbers when he plays are decent.  He has good hands and good speed, although he did piss Rivers off with a game-winning drop.  Of course the same thing happened to Swift in game #1, but that is forgotten. 

23 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

4 seasons.  One as a distant WR#2 behind Keenan.  Two banged up with ankle injuries and last season missed completely with a shoulder injury.  His numbers when he plays are decent.  He has good hands and good speed, although he did piss Rivers off with a game-winning drop.  Of course the same thing happened to Swift in game #1, but that is forgotten. 

Other than missing the entire 2020 year, were his injuries really that significant? Besides 2020, he has appeared on the injury report for only 5 games and only missed 2 games. He's got size and speed but I just don't see anything more than a complementary WR3 at this point. He did have that 1000 yard season when Keenan missed the whole year and the Chargers followed it up by draftng Mike Williams in the top 10. Tyrell barely out targeted Travis Benjamin the next year. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jon_mx said:

IMHO, the WR are more than good enough. Tyrell Williams only year as a #1 WR he posted 69-1059-7....which is not bad.  His other years in San Diego, Rivers focused heavily on Keenan Allen.  Tyrell had decent years for the Raiders, but was banged up most of the time which impacted his numbers.  Last year missing the season with a shoulder injury.   He had a $44 million, 4-year deal with the Raiders, so he was well coveted.  Assuming Tyrell is healthy, he is a legitimate #1 WR.  I also like St. Brown to be very productive this year.  Pair that with a pro-bowler at TE and a couple great options out of the backfield, the Lions can have a very productive passing game.  Give Goff good protection, and I see no reason he can not get his QB rating up around 100 again.  Probably drinking Kool-aid, but I am not overly concerned with the WR position.  It is going to be a ball control offense featuring the running game and short passes with the deep threat sprinkled on top.  This WR group is more than capable at handling the task and are fast enough to create mismatches and burn you.

With the speed at WR with play action you can as you said burn the opposition. Lions must have a threatening ground game to do this which would be a new experience for Lions fans.

If the Lions offensive line is a top notch unit and the defensive line becomes an attacking, penetrating unit and Goff is average Lions will do better than they are currently being pegged. Lots of ifs but possible.

45 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Other than missing the entire 2020 year, were his injuries really that significant? Besides 2020, he has appeared on the injury report for only 5 games and only missed 2 games. He's got size and speed but I just don't see anything more than a complementary WR3 at this point. He did have that 1000 yard season when Keenan missed the whole year and the Chargers followed it up by draftng Mike Williams in the top 10. Tyrell barely out targeted Travis Benjamin the next year. 

I think this is a good read on him. Both Perriman and Williams were signed to one year show me what you can do deals. Perriman has trouble staying healthy. Both guys are capable of the big play and I think Lions will have some as teams focus on Hock, Amon-Ra and our two good receiving RBs underneath.

6 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

You think Hock is breaking the NFL record for TE receptions this year?

Hyperbole.  I am hoping for a really good year, but I'm concerned Goff won't be nearly as good as many in here seem to think he will be, without McVay reading defenses for him presnap.

It would take a lot of best case scenarios for the Lions offense to even be middle of the pack. They may put up some numbers in garbage time. For the most part I see them doing their best to run the ball and not make mistakes. The receivers are indeed the worst in the NFL, and on top of that it'd be a miracle if Perriman and Williams make it through the season. There will be WRs no has ever heard of playing significant time this year I would guess.

The silver lining for Goff could be the offensive line gelling quickly. If the run game can put him in third and short and give him time at least he won't be getting creamed back there. A successful season for Goff would be a lot of 210 yard 1-2 td games with 1 or fewer ints, with the Lions losing by ten or fewer points.

This type of move I would only entertain if Rodgers left the division....

With the Jets signing Corey Davis, having Mims, and drafting Moore....Jamison Crowder may be on his way out. He could be a decent one year option at the slot and give Goff a short area target if could be had for a 7th rounder or so. I am not considering any cap impact however.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, King of the Jungle said:

This type of move I would only entertain if Rodgers left the division....

With the Jets signing Corey Davis, having Mims, and drafting Moore....Jamison Crowder may be on his way out. He could be a decent one year option at the slot and give Goff a short area target if could be had for a 7th rounder or so. I am not considering any cap impact however.

Crowder would be a great pick-up. I'm guessing a lot of teams would be interested though. I'm guessing the Titans end up with him. 

3 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Crowder would be a great pick-up. I'm guessing a lot of teams would be interested though. I'm guessing the Titans end up with him. 

Crowder will be a great pick up for some team, but I think he gets released. Team saves $10 mil I think (post June 1). Not sure what the hit is if he’s traded. I don’t think he chooses to come to Detroit and lose after being on some bad jets/skins teams. He will go somewhere where he can win for once before his career fades. 

3 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

That's preaching to the choir for us Dolphin fans, who will be closely following the Lions after we pass on Sewell and trade up for a *potentially* very good slot WR. Not only that, passing on Sewell forced Grier to use a 2022 pick to finally get a decent OT, Eichenberg. Cost for Waddle: 2 firsts and a 3rd. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Moonlight said:

Lions UDFA class ranked highly with words of praise for overall draft process and management.

www.nbcsports.com/edge/article/rankings/nfc-udfa-class-rankings 

The Lions did their homework for this draft.  Jonathan Adams and Sage Surratt at WR were both draft worthy.  One of them will make the team.  Both are big bodied WR's.  Rakeem Boyd has a huge upside as he would have been one of the most coveted RB in college if he left two years ago.  Needs a lot of work on pass catching and blocking though.  Injuries, COVID and a change of the head coach derailed his career, but still talented and has a big upside potential.  He will press Jefferson for that third RB spot.  I think all three of these UDFA make the team.  The Lions are also pretty high on a third WR, Javon McKinley out of  Norte Dame.  

On defense, D'Angelo Amos at Safety is probably the most intriguing.  It was the biggest position of need that the Lions did not address in the draft.  A decent chance at making the team as a backup, but could also stick as a kick returner where he had 5 punt returns for TD's in college.  The Lions also got a couple of decent CB prospects in Jerry Jacobs and   AJ Parker.  At best they will be backups, but one could make the team. Tavante Beckett from Marshall is a decent prospect at LB, but may be more suited at Safety.

Not much starting potential, unless one of the WR's really surprises in camp.  But I would not be shocked in 4 or 5 earn a roster spot.  I really expect all seven of the draft choices will stick, so over 20% of the 53-man roster will be guys from the draft or UDFA's.  

Edited by jon_mx
  • Like 2

Lions first-round RT Penei Sewell announced he tested positive for COVID-19 last weekend and will miss rookie minicamp.

Not a great way to start his NFL career, but Sewell should be ready for full-team workouts sooner rather than later. It's better to get this out of the way now than over the summer or even during the regular season, but it's still not ideal for the No. 7 overall pick. Sewell is expected to take over right-tackle duties this season in Detroit, giving the Lions a starting line (from left to right) of LT Taylor Decker, LG Jonah Jackson, C Frank Ragnow, RG Halapoulivaati Vaitai, and RT Sewell. It's one of the league's better lines on paper.

SOURCE: Penei Sewell on Twitter

May 12, 2021, 3:14 PM ET

2 hours ago, jon_mx said:

The Lions did their homework for this draft.  Jonathan Adams and Sage Surratt at WR were both draft worthy.  One of them will make the team.  Both are big bodied WR's.  Rakeem Boyd has a huge upside as he would have been one of the most coveted RB in college if he left two years ago.  Needs a lot of work on pass catching and blocking though.  Injuries, COVID and a change of the head coach derailed his career, but still talented and has a big upside potential.  He will press Jefferson for that third RB spot.  I think all three of these UDFA make the team.  The Lions are also pretty high on a third WR, Javon McKinley out of  Norte Dame.  

On defense, D'Angelo Amos at Safety is probably the most intriguing.  It was the biggest position of need that the Lions did not address in the draft.  A decent chance at making the team as a backup, but could also stick as a kick returner where he had 5 punt returns for TD's in college.  The Lions also got a couple of decent CB prospects in Jerry Jacobs and   AJ Parker.  At best they will be backups, but one could make the team. Tavante Beckett from Marshall is a decent prospect at LB, but may be more suited at Safety.

Not much starting potential, unless one of the WR's really surprises in camp.  But I would not be shocked in 4 or 5 earn a roster spot.  I really expect all seven of the draft choices will stick, so over 20% of the 53-man roster will be guys from the draft or UDFA's.  

I’m intrigued by both these WRs. Numerically, they are low down on the depth chart with quite a few bodies in front of them. But let’s be honest, most of those names aren’t particularly inspiring and are journeymen. They have the chance to impress and move quickly up the roster if they flash talent. They will be fresh and malleable players for the new coaching staff to mould. I know Sage Surratt was the name that kept popping up on WR lists leading up the draft, but I really like the sound of Adams and his production in college. Wiffs of a Golliday-lite type of situation where he may have been undervalued going into the draft. I’ve been grabbing him for taxi squads in my dynasty rosters. 

ive been very busy recently so wasn’t aware of Rakeem Boyd. I’ll keep my eye on that one thanks. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jon_mx said:

Surratt's 4.7 40 time will keep him off the roster. Just too slow for a legit NFL receiver. Since they invested significant $ in McKinley and Adams I would think both stand a better chance.

Edited by Moonlight
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Lions open at home vs SF, go to GB week 2 of MNF.  

No London game

Bears on Thanksgiving 

Week 14 @ Denver is the 17th game (opponents have been known for months but not dates or the additional game)

Season finale vs GB

full schedule comes out in 45 minutes, this much was leaked today

• Like 2

been watching a lot of tape / film breakdown of Amon-Ra St Brown

he’s a really good route runner, has a really well developed set of moves to get a good release and knows how to open up the DBs hips before committing to his route

good hands catcher, strong but def not long, really good at high pointing the ball and winning 50/50s

not really a burner by any stretch but it is interesting his 40 times at his Pro Day were 4.61 & 4.51 the 2nd time. he’s not slow...but unfortunately it’s harder to trust 40 times from pro days bc of varying conditions & timing methods. very good 3-cone (6.86) which is a good sign for a player in his role. elite vertical (38.5”) & broad jump (10’7”) so he’s got some springs. also - no surprise, I swear no one is EVER 6’1” - his actually height is 5’11-1/2”, arms 30-3/8” (not a typo), hands 9-1/8”. RAS 7.14 (722 out of 2517 projects the last 25 years.) 20 225 lb bench reps - dude is chiseled and has a great work ethic on/off the field, speaks 3 languages, parents are a little different but this is not Ball or Marinovich, they excel away from the field as well.

he’s actually a far better athlete than Robert Woods and JJSS, a couple other moss growers out of USC many thought would fail at the next level

there are some guys who win by getting separation with pure speed and other WRs who are just as effective using a variety of techniques to get off the line and create just enough of a gap to gain an edge. Amon-Ra is the latter.

my prediction is he’ll have a long career as an effective WR2. he’ll probably never be a true WR1 (though I expect him to be Lions best receiver this fall) and he’ll be a solid complimentary piece to the stud they draft next year.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Moonlight said:

Surratt's 4.7 40 time will keep him off the roster. Just too slow for a legit NFL receiver. Since they invested significant $ in McKinley and Adams I would think both stand a better chance.

Unfortunately Adams is also pretty slow at 4.64

2 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

been watching a lot of tape / film breakdown of Amon-Ra St Brown

he’s a really good route runner, has a really well developed set of moves to get a good release and knows how to open up the DBs hips before committing to his route

good hands catcher, strong but def not long, really good at high pointing the ball and winning 50/50s

not really a burner by any stretch but it is interesting his 40 times at his Pro Day were 4.61 & 4.51 the 2nd time. he’s not slow...but unfortunately it’s harder to trust 40 times from pro days bc of varying conditions & timing methods. very good 3-cone (6.86) which is a good sign for a player in his role. elite vertical (38.5”) & broad jump (10’7”) so he’s got some springs. also - no surprise, I swear no one is EVER 6’1” - his actually height is 5’11-1/2”, arms 30-3/8” (not a typo), hands 9-1/8”. RAS 7.14 (722 out of 2517 projects the last 25 years.) 20 225 lb bench reps - dude is chiseled and has a great work ethic on/off the field, speaks 3 languages, parents are a little different but this is not Ball or Marinovich, they excel away from the field as well.

he’s actually a far better athlete than Robert Woods and JJSS, a couple other moss growers out of USC many thought would fail at the next level

there are some guys who win by getting separation with pure speed and other WRs who are just as effective using a variety of techniques to get off the line and create just enough of a gap to gain an edge. Amon-Ra is the latter.

my prediction is he’ll have a long career as an effective WR2. he’ll probably never be a true WR1 (though I expect him to be Lions best receiver this fall) and he’ll be a solid complimentary piece to the stud they draft next year.

Read that he was asked to operate as a wideout the last year and was less effective than he was working from the slot.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Unfortunately Adams is also pretty slow at 4.64

Holmes has a different view on straight line 40 times without pads and what he views as "game speed"   

Jerry Rice was around 4.6 coming out and never the fastest but how many times was he caught from behind? 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Moonlight said:

Read that he was asked to operate as a wideout the last year and was less effective than he was working from the slot.

that's the common narrative

2019 (mostly slot) was 6th in receptions, 5th in receiving yards, 10th in receiving TDs

2020 (playing the X) was 1st in receptions, 4th in receiving yards, 1st in receiving TDs

I mean....sample size -  6 game season

he had 4 TDs in one quarter last December, that's legend of Al Bundy type stuff

dude can ball

like I said, he's gonna make a good WR2 IMO

if he is mostly a slot WR that's fine, we'll find a stud to pair with him down the road

• Like 1
  1. vs. 49ers — Sunday, September 12 — 1 p.m. 
  2. at Packers — Monday, September 20 — 8:15 p.m. 
  3. vs. Ravens — Sunday, September 26 — 1 p.m.

OK, I don't think we're winning any games in September

4. at Bears — Sunday, October 3 — 1 p.m.
  5. at Vikings — Sunday, October 10 — 1 p.m.
  6. vs. Bengals — Sunday, October 17 — 1 p.m.
  7. at Rams — Sunday, October 24 — 4:05 p.m. 
  8. vs. Eagles — Sunday, October 31 — 1 p.m.

Bears are always a winnable game, ditto for Bengals at home

9. BYE
  10. at Steelers — Sunday, November 14 — 1 p.m. 
  11. at Browns — Sunday, November 21 — 1 p.m.
  12. vs. Bears — Thursday, November 25 — 12:30 p.m.

Thanksgiving *might* be a W

13. vs. Vikings — Sunday, December 5 — 1 p.m.
  14. at Broncos — Sunday, December 12 — 4:05 p.m.
  15. vs. Cardinals — Sunday, December 19 — 1 p.m.
  16. at Falcons — Sunday, December 26 — 1 p.m.

Right now the road games look winnable, but when they're already at double digit losses on the year?

17. at Seahawks — Sunday, January 2 — 4:25 p.m. ET
  18. vs. Packers — Sunday, January 9 — 1 p.m. 

3-14 and the #1 overall pick for 2022. I really need to get started on next year's draft class.
  • Like 1

Kind of a BS schedule for a last place team.  How do they make your first three division games be all on the road?  Kind of glad they aren't supposed to be contenders with that schedule.  

40 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

9. BYE

Right now the road games look winnable, but when they're already at double digit losses on the year?

3-14 and the #1 overall pick for 2022. I really need to get started on next year's draft class.

Lions and NFC will get the extra home game next year.

• Like 1

9. BYE

1. vs. 49ers — Sunday, September 12 — 1 p.m.  L 23-35, 0-1
  2. at Packers — Monday, September 20 — 8:15 p.m. W 28-17, 1-1 (Rodgers is gone)
  3. vs. Ravens — Sunday, September 26 — 1 p.m. L 13-38, 1-2

4. at Bears — Sunday, October 3 — 1 p.m. W 24-23, 2-2 (Dalton's last game as a starter)
  5. at Vikings — Sunday, October 10 — 1 p.m. L 17-31, 2-3
  6. vs. Bengals — Sunday, October 17 — 1 p.m. L 28-38, 2-4
  7. at Rams — Sunday, October 24 — 4:05 p.m. L 13-45, 2-5 (Staff lights them up)
  8. vs. Eagles — Sunday, October 31 — 1 p.m. W 27-24, 3-5 (Loins costume is a Real NFL team)

9. BYE
  10. at Steelers — Sunday, November 14 — 1 p.m. L 49-31, 3-6
  11. at Browns — Sunday, November 21 — 1 p.m. L 10-27, 3-7
  12. vs. Bears — Thursday, November 25 — 12:30 p.m. L 30-31, 3-8 (Fields coming out party)

13. vs. Vikings — Sunday, December 5 — 1 p.m. L 20-35, 3-9 (Depression sets in)
  14. at Broncos — Sunday, December 12 — 4:05 p.m. L 21-52, 3-10 (Rodgers goes boom)
  15. vs. Cardinals — Sunday, December 19 — 1 p.m. L 28-34, 3-11 (Can't get it done with the final possession)
  16. at Falcons — Sunday, December 26 — 1 p.m. L 27-38, 3-12 (Falcons strong this season)

17. at Seahawks — Sunday, January 2 — 4:25 p.m. ET L 10-42, 3-13 (Hangover game)
  18. vs. Packers — Sunday, January 9 — 1 p.m. W 34-17, 4-13 (Loins #### up and lose the #3 seed)
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, tangfoot said:
  1. vs. 49ers — Sunday, September 12 — 1 p.m.  L 23-35, 0-1
  2. at Packers — Monday, September 20 — 8:15 p.m. W 28-17, 1-1 (Rodgers is gone)
  3. vs. Ravens — Sunday, September 26 — 1 p.m. L 13-38, 1-2

4. at Bears — Sunday, October 3 — 1 p.m. W 24-23, 2-2 (Dalton's last game as a starter)
  5. at Vikings — Sunday, October 10 — 1 p.m. L 17-31, 2-3
  6. vs. Bengals — Sunday, October 17 — 1 p.m. L 28-38, 2-4
  7. at Rams — Sunday, October 24 — 4:05 p.m. L 13-45, 2-5 (Staff lights them up)
  8. vs. Eagles — Sunday, October 31 — 1 p.m. W 27-24, 3-5 (Loins costume is a Real NFL team)

9. BYE
  10. at Steelers — Sunday, November 14 — 1 p.m. L 49-31, 3-6
  11. at Browns — Sunday, November 21 — 1 p.m. L 10-27, 3-7
  12. vs. Bears — Thursday, November 25 — 12:30 p.m. L 30-31, 3-8 (Fields coming out party)

13. vs. Vikings — Sunday, December 5 — 1 p.m. L 20-35, 3-9 (Depression sets in)
  14. at Broncos — Sunday, December 12 — 4:05 p.m. L 21-52, 3-10 (Rodgers goes boom)
  15. vs. Cardinals — Sunday, December 19 — 1 p.m. L 28-34, 3-11 (Can't get it done with the final possession)
  16. at Falcons — Sunday, December 26 — 1 p.m. L 27-38, 3-12 (Falcons strong this season)

17. at Seahawks — Sunday, January 2 — 4:25 p.m. ET L 10-42, 3-13 (Hangover game)
  18. vs. Packers — Sunday, January 9 — 1 p.m. W 34-17, 4-13 (Loins #### up and lose the #3 seed)

For every team, there are winnable games that get away and surprising wins that no one saw coming. It's such an emotional game and while talent rises to the top, for one game it's amazing how a bad team can will it's way to victory over a good team (SEE Lions v Patriots circa 9/2018.) But the cream usually rises to the top.

I'm not overly concerned with the number of wins this year. If we lose games, better draft position. At the same time, I want to see how MCDC is able to lead the team during adversity. I want to see some fight. And what I don't want to see is a COMPLETE LACK OF PREPARATION IN ALL THREE PHASES OF THE GAME BECAUSE THE MOTHER####ING HEAD COACH IS SCHEMATICALLY CLUELESS AND HAS LOST HIS TEAM. 

Sorry, little PTSD trigger kicking in there from the Quintricia era, I'll be fine.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, TartanLion said:

I’m intrigued by both these WRs. Numerically, they are low down on the depth chart with quite a few bodies in front of them. But let’s be honest, most of those names aren’t particularly inspiring and are journeymen. They have the chance to impress and move quickly up the roster if they flash talent. They will be fresh and malleable players for the new coaching staff to mould. I know Sage Surratt was the name that kept popping up on WR lists leading up the draft, but I really like the sound of Adams and his production in college. Wiffs of a Golliday-lite type of situation where he may have been undervalued going into the draft. I’ve been grabbing him for taxi squads in my dynasty rosters. 

ive been very busy recently so wasn’t aware of Rakeem Boyd. I’ll keep my eye on that one thanks. 

Good to see around again. I've been serving at the food pantry with a guy from Scotland who is a big Rangers fan and "completed the 93." I'm in the Toon Army thanks to my son who didn't want to become a fan of the perennial SOL losers (the Magpies last won the PL in 1927 but I don't remind him of that.)

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Da Guru said:

Holmes has a different view on straight line 40 times without pads and what he views as "game speed"   

Jerry Rice was around 4.6 coming out and never the fastest but how many times was he caught from behind? 

The Rice 4.60 is a myth. There's multiple reports from his coaches and GMs that said he timed 4.45-4.50.  And I don't think a WR has to be fast to be successful but it helps. Tyrell and Perriman are fast (or at least were when they came out), but every young WR on the team is really slow. I like what the team has done so far but Cephus, ARSB, Adams and Sage are flat out slow- like bottom 15th percentile slow. 

Edited by Ilov80s

Good to see around again. I've been serving at the food pantry with a guy from Scotland who is a big Rangers fan and "completed the 93." I'm in the Toon Army thanks to my son who didn't want to become a fan of the perennial SOL losers (the Magpies last won the PL in 1927 but I don't remind him of that.)

I’m always at least lurking if not posting very much through the off season ! He will no doubt be very happy right now then, Rangers got their first title in over a decade and may go the whole season undefeated. 

Emm yeah, Newcastle, big city and support but haven’t won any trophy at all, let alone the league, since that time !

44 minutes ago, TartanLion said:

I’m always at least lurking if not posting very much through the off season ! He will no doubt be very happy right now then, Rangers got their first title in over a decade and may go the whole season undefeated. 

Emm yeah, Newcastle, big city and support but haven’t won any trophy at all, let alone the league, since that time !

Are you able to watch any Lions games live?

****Breaking News****

No NFL has ever successfully completed the bird gauntlet. The 2021 Detroit Lions have an opportunity to defeat all five NFL avian teams.

Ravens Week 3
Eagles 🦅 Week 8
Cardinals Week 15
Falcons Week 16 
Seahawks Week 17

Big Cats 🦁 versus Birds 🐦

I’m taking the apex predator every time.

:thumbup:

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2
1 minute ago, BobbyLayne said:

****Breaking News****

No NFL has ever successfully completed the bird gauntlet. The 2021 Detroit Lions have an opportunity to defeat all five NFL avian teams.

Ravens Week 3
Eagles 🦅 Week 8
Cardinals Week 15
Falcons Week 16 
Seahawks Week 17

🦁🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🦁

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

****Breaking News****

Ravens Week 3
Eagles 🦅 Week 8
Cardinals Week 15
Falcons Week 16 
Seahawks Week 17

Seems doable

• Like 1

Jeremy Fowler reporting OT Tyrell Crosby was on the trading block. First reaction was what? as I though that OL was in good shape and a vet like Crosby provided good depth.

He's in a contract year he has played well enough to get starters money. Lions have already invested in OL and have to spread $ to other areas. Putting him up for trade now gives them a chance to see what they can get as opposed to him getting injured and getting a lower comp pick. If they dont get a good offer they can wait and see who needs OL during the year and make a deal then.

Bummer though

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Big Cats 🦁 versus Birds 🐦 ?

That's wild that you play all the bird teams.  Also funny, I was looking at this year's draft and found it strange how bad all the Big Cats teams were last year.  All 4 of them picked in the top 8 picks of the draft.  Weird!

Edited by Deamon
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Are you able to watch any Lions games live?

All the time. Standard Lions games are 6pm UK time Sunday eve. Thursday/Sunday/Monday night football generally around 12.30 - 01.30 am so sometimes depending on work. Have seen them twice in person at Wembley. Have been to Detroit and stood on the Ford Field pitch albeit during summer 

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

Amon-Ra after rookie camp:

I'm Ready to Take Someone's Job

Son....you're going up against a return specialist, a guy who didn't play last year (and he wasn't that great in GB before that), and a 5th rounder whose claim to fame is being the first Quintez to score an NFL TD. Plus a gaggle of slow UDFAs. 

Kid should have a pretty good breakout year. The two vets they signed should own most of the snaps outside, but ARSB should be in the vast majority of the 11 formations. If he gains Goff's trust he's the kind of WR who can rack up a ton of targets/receptions. My expectation is his YPR will be around 9.5-11.0, with very little YAC and few deep balls. But he has a pretty versatile tool belt of release techniques and does a great job of selling his routes. In full PPR redraft he's a must add.

Dynasty, @Ilov80s laid out a good plan in his player thread. Take him this year, trade him after he "surprises" people with his production. The alpha isn't on the team yet and at his draft capital he'll always be a marginal WR2/WR3 kind of guy, but good enough that he should have a long and semi-productive career.

Edited by BobbyLayne
  • Like 2
53 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

If you are going to lose, at least be entertaining.

Let's just hope Dan doesn't go all Roman Colosseum on his players if they screw up a key play.

post game conference Week 1

Lions PR Guy: Head Coach Dan Campbell is here to talk about the loss to the 49ers. Justin Rodgers?

JR: Thanks. Coach, what went into the thought process of not having Logan Stenberg on the active roster today? Seems like it would have been useful to have him available instead of Crosby being the only veteran O lineman on the sideline available.

MCDC: Right, well as you know one of the things we decided in the offseason was to replace Roary the Lion mascot with an actual live big cat, and we like that, it sends the right message of intimidation when  we roll the cage in front of the opposing bench during warmups. Unfortunately Logan got mauled by Simba during the walk through Saturday. Penei got in there and threw him back in the cage before it got too bloody, though, so we hope to have Sten back next week. Just to clear up any confusion, the plan was to have the cat take a dump behind the position group bc they kept screwing up their blocking assignments but unbeknownst to us they had just polished off some Popeyes and things got out of hand for few seconds. No big deal, I think we got the right message across, we're moving on to Green Bay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

I have five Lions jerseys: Spielman, Stafford, Suh, Calvin, Slay.    

Like I said, I have no Lions jerseys. Probably going with Hock for this fall. But for anyone interested:

Drafted players:

1st round - OT Penei Sewell: Not available yet
2nd round - DT Levi Onwuzurike: 75
3rd round - DT Alim McNeill: 54
3rd round - CB Ifeatu Melifonwu: 26
4th round - WR Amon-Ra St. Brown: 14
4th round - LB Derrick Barnes: 55
7th round - RB Jermar Jefferson: 28

UDFAs:

RB Rakeem Boyd: 35
RB Dedrick Mills: 36
WR Jonathan Adams: 82 
WR Javon McKinley: 83
WR Sage Surratt: 15
TE Jake Hausmann: 40
TE Brock Wright: 89

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Amon-Ra after rookie camp:

I'm Ready to Take Someone's Job

Son....you're going up against a return specialist, a guy who didn't play last year (and he wasn't that great in GB before that), and a 5th rounder whose claim to fame is being the first Quintez to score an NFL TD. Plus a gaggle of slow UDFAs. 

Kid should have a pretty good breakout year. The two vets they signed should own most of the snaps outside, but ARSB should be in the vast majority of the 11 formations. If he gains Goff's trust he's the kind of WR who can rack up a ton of targets/receptions. My expectation is his YPR will be around 9.5-11.0, with very little YAC and few deep balls. But he has a pretty versatile tool belt of release techniques and does a great job of selling his routes. In full PPR redraft he's a must add.

Dynasty, @Ilov80s laid out a good plan in his player thread. Take him this year, trade him after he "surprises" people with his production. The alpha isn't on the team yet and at his draft capital he'll always be a marginal WR2/WR3 kind of guy, but good enough that he should have a long and semi-productive career.

The comp has been cooper kupp, but he’s 2 years younger than kupp was as a rookie. I think kupps rookie year stats are pretty obtainable.

Edited by Snorkelson
18 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

The comp has been cooper kupp, but he’s 2 years younger than kupp was as a rookie. I think kupps rookie year stats are pretty obtainable.

I don't think he's the route specialist that Kupp is.  Not that he can't be good but I don't think he's in Kupp's league.