What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions 0-0: Who comes? Sutton goes.. (124 Viewers)

PPFs individual performances from Sunday's victory over the Packers (Pride of Detroit.):

Offense

Best Grades

Calvin Johnson: +2.3
Ameer Abdullah: +1.3
Matthew Stafford: +1.1
Golden Tate: +1.1

Worst Grades

Laken Tomlinson: -4.5
Michael Ola: -3.0
Eric Ebron: -2.3
Brandon Pettigrew: -2.1
Joique Bell: -1.7
LaAdrian Waddle: -1.1

Analysis

Tomlinson has showed some promise as a rookie, but received his lowest grade this year against Green Bay. There is no such thing as "average" for him. He's either really good or really bad lately.

(Negative grades v. ARI, MIN, GB. Outstanding positive grades v. CH and KC._

Michael Ola came in to replace Waddle at RT after a series or two and did a very nice job as a pass blocker, allowing just a single pressure all game. However, he was atrocious in the run game according to PFF. His low overall grade was largely in part due to his -4.2 run block grade.

Calvin Johnson had a nice game, if you forget about his drop on the onside kick that nearly lost the Lions the game. Stafford also earned just his second positive grade on the entire year and his first since Week 6 against Chicago (WOTB).

Eric Ebron's -2.5 pass grade is the lowest of his career. On eight targets, he caught four balls and dropped three passes. That's only going to continue to add fuel to the fire of the hatred that many fans seem to have toward him. Ebron now has six drops on the year for an 18.2 percent drop rate. Only Jared Cook (18.5%) and Mike Evans (21.6%) have higher drop rates this season (including all positions).

Kudos to Ameer Abdullah for nearly running back a kick return for a touchdown, though, I'm still waiting to see his role expand on offense. Running an outside zone with Joique Bell isn't going to work at this point in his career. Not even if you have the best offensive line in the NFL.

Defense

Best Grades

Darius Slay: +3.3
Isa Abdul-Quddus: +2.2
Quandre Diggs: +2.2
Glover Quin: +1.2

Worst Grades

Devin Taylor: -3.7
Tahir Whitehead: -3.5
Ezekiel Ansah: -1.9
Haloti Ngata: -1.2
C.J. Wilson: -1.0

Analysis

Say what you want about Darius Slay, but he's been on complete lockdown mode as of late. He now has the 12th-highest grade among 110 qualifying CBs on the year. Slay was targeted on just a single pass from Rodgers and didn't give up a completion. He was all over James Jones on Sunday.

I thought Nevin Lawson did a spectacular job of guarding Davante Adams, but PFF gave him a -0.2 overall grade for his efforts. Lawson was targeted 16 times and allowed only seven catches for 57 yards and a QB Rating of 53.4.

Ziggy Ansah had his worst performance of the year with a -1.9 overall grade. Either the turf was hampering his performance, or he had some Heelys on his cleats, because it seemed like every time I looked his way he was slipping and falling.

Devin Taylor was completely invisible on defense against the Packers. He was unable to find the stat sheet and recorded just one pressure on 45 pass rushing snaps.

Special Teams

Best Grades

None

Worst Grades

Matt Prater: -2.4

Analysis

You had one job.

Lance Moore said today the interception last week was 100% on him. He misread where the safety was at, thought the middle was open and broke it off. Stafford saw the middle was closed and threw to where he should be on the go pattern.

I like Moore. A smart guy understands who butters his bread.

Slay versus Cooper should be good. If I owned Crabtree I'd be starting him with confidence.

Slay has been playing extremely well the last few weeks. Not sure what happened cause he was burned a lot early on.

Slays about to take a dip again though after Rodgers telling him 'your like the best young cornerback I've ever faced'. Sure to completely balloon his head and send him back to early season form

Slays about to take a dip again though after Rodgers telling him 'your like the best young cornerback I've ever faced'. Sure to completely balloon his head and send him back to early season form
:lol:

He's been a bit up and down. PFF has him graded at 12th out of 111 NFL CBs overall for the season. Not exactly shutdown corner yet but he's good.

This reminds me of when we had Dre Bly. I'd be taking a close look at the WR2 of any Lions opponent. That's the guy who will be seeing a ton of targets ROS.

:lol: He's been a bit up and down. PFF has him graded at 12th out of 111 NFL CBs overall for the season. Not exactly shutdown corner yet but he's good.

This reminds me of when we had Dre Bly. I'd be taking a close look at the WR2 of any Lions opponent. That's the guy who will be seeing a ton of targets ROS.
Wonder where he ranks last 4 weeks. I'd imagine top 5.

:lol: He's been a bit up and down. PFF has him graded at 12th out of 111 NFL CBs overall for the season. Not exactly shutdown corner yet but he's good.

Wonder where he ranks last 4 weeks. I'd imagine top 5.
2nd best CB over the last 5 weeks, moved up to 10th on the season this week

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/11/17/detroit-lions-darius-slay/75942712/

I like what Valenti on 97.1 was saying today. Fire everyone from Mayhew/Lewand to the guy changing the TP in the bathrooms. Change the colors and logo too. :lmao:

Super Bowl AC to Jim Bob Cooter...

only the Lions.... :lmao:
Out with the Ticket, in with Grandpa's favorite radio station

50,000 clear channel watts on your am dial - the future is going to be awesome

I like what Valenti on 97.1 was saying today. Fire everyone from Mayhew/Lewand to the guy changing the TP in the bathrooms. Change the colors and logo too. :lmao:

You'll now be able to pick up Lions games in Buffalo.

As a kid I used to listen to Cleveland & St Louis late at night all the time. In west Michigan those stations came in great, better than Chicago or NYC. It always varied night to night which games (MLB NBA) came in clearest.

Valenti is def why they're moving, regardless of what the PR Dept is saying.

As a kid I used to listen to Cleveland & St Louis late at night all the time. In west Michigan those stations came in great, better than Chicago or NYC. It always varied night to night which games (MLB NBA) came in clearest.Valenti is def why they're moving, regardless of what the PR Dept is saying.
When the Lions hire Sheldon White as GM WJR will say he deserved a chance after steering the team to their first win in GB in 24 years.

Nothing has changed. The Fords are what they are. Let us all eat cake!

I am on call for Sundays during the football season, half the year the only way I can keep track of this crappy team is with my Ipod. Ipods dont pick up am radio. Screw you lions.

I am on call for Sundays during the football season, half the year the only way I can keep track of this crappy team is with my Ipod. Ipods dont pick up am radio. Screw you lions.
Can't you listen through NFL.com? I have game pass & RZ, maybe I never realized it was included because of that.

Can't you listen through NFL.com? I have game pass & RZ, maybe I never realized it was included because of that.
I cant have my phone running the internet for 3 hours in my pocket. Oh well, FU Lions.

I cant have my phone running the internet for 3 hours in my pocket. Oh well, FU Lions.
They may be doing you a favor. These are the Lions after all.

BobbyLayne, on 20 Nov 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:
Leroy Hoard, on 20 Nov 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:
BobbyLayne, on 20 Nov 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:
BroncoFreak_2K3, on 26 Oct 2015 - 3:53 PM, said:I like what Valenti on 97.1 was saying today. Fire everyone from Mayhew/Lewand to the guy changing the TP in the bathrooms. Change the colors and logo too. :lmao:

As a kid I used to listen to Cleveland & St Louis late at night all the time. In west Michigan those stations came in great, better than Chicago or NYC. It always varied night to night which games (MLB NBA) came in clearest.

Valenti is def why they're moving, regardless of what the PR Dept is saying.
97.1 chose Valenti over the Lions. 20 hours of air time vs 4 on Sunday for a losing team? A no brainer.

They are going to give White the job, nothing changes with this family. Another Ford lackey getting the President job shows they have no desire of hiring anyone that hasnt been already saying Yes Sir and Yes Ma'am to them for years.

portable AM radios can be had at the 99 cent store. I feel for your situation if you can't afford one.

They are going to give White the job, nothing changes with this family. Another Ford lackey getting the President job shows they have no desire of hiring anyone that hasnt been already saying Yes Sir and Yes Ma'am to them for years.
As Da Guru pointed out earlier this year, the fatal error Lewand made was thinking he could be the teams capologist. Once he got involved on the football side the Peter principle kicked in. FNG has said he's not qualified to run an NFL team. He'll run the business side & have no say in personnel decisions or contract negotiations. In theory it could work.

So the Lions search committee for the new GM will be 90 year Martha, the three daughters, Bill "I'm not involved anymore" Jr, and a private equity executive who has been managing the family's wealth for the last decade. Not a lick of football experience between them. Oh, and an unnamed, undetermined advisor (think Accorsi, Dungy, et al) will be added sometime between now & January.

Think you might be right. They'll do a "national search" and then hold a presser to announce they found their man right here in Allen Park. Gawd that would suck.

We picked up some guy off the street named Michael Ola (Arena League, CFL & Bears refugee), plugged him in at RT, and he played better than Waddle & Lucas have. Missed a couple run blocks but kept Khalil Mack off Stafford. Sixth different starter at that position in the last three years.

The simplified blocking schemes have been a real positive since the bye week.

Stafford played just good enough but with a better throw AA could have walked in on the opening drive. Ebron dropped a TD on the next play & wasn't really a factor. Tate had probably his best game, nothing special but he's been getting more involved the last few weeks.

Slay had another good game, though Cooper did have a couple drops. Really an outstanding defensive effort overall.

Martha was seen congratulating Sheldon White but security herded the reporters away when tried to ask her questions. Rod "I'm not qualified to run any NFL team but I am qualitied to be President of this one" Wood said he was going to go home & collapse.

BobbyLayne, on 23 Nov 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:BobbyLayne, on 23 Nov 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:We picked up some guy off the street named Michael Ola (Arena League, CFL & Bears refugee), plugged him in at RT, and he played better than Waddle & Lucas have. Missed a couple run blocks but kept Khalil Mack off Stafford. Sixth different starter at that position in the last three years.

The simplified blocking schemes have been a real positive since the bye week.

Stafford played just good enough but with a better throw AA could have walked in on the opening drive. Ebron dropped a TD on the next play & wasn't really a factor. Tate had probably his best game, nothing special but he's been getting more involved the last few weeks.

Slay had another good game, though Cooper did have a couple drops. Really an outstanding defensive effort overall.

Martha was seen congratulating Sheldon White but security herded the reporters away when tried to ask her questions. Rod "I'm not qualified to run any NFL team but I am qualitied to be President of this one" Wood said he was going to go home & collapse.
A couple of more wins and they will anoint White before the season ends. Martha and Wood are probably having tea right now saying how good the team looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they win 4-5 in a row. including beating Green Bay twice Caldwell will be back. Then next year we will be back to square 1.

In actuality, why is anyone crediting White with the wins or saying he will be the GM if they win some more?

What has he done? He hasnt made any moves, he has not hired anyone, he hasnt called plays, he hasnt done anything to get any credit but not be named
Mayhew.

I like White, but crediting him for anything to do with the last two wins is odd.

In actuality, why is anyone crediting White with the wins or saying he will be the GM if they win some more?

What has he done? He hasnt made any moves, he has not hired anyone, he hasnt called plays, he hasnt done anything to get any credit but not be named

Mayhew.

I like White, but crediting him for anything to do with the last two wins is odd.
Exactly. The only one congratulating him is inner circle Ford echo chamber.

If they win 4-5 in a row. including beating Green Bay twice Caldwell will be back. Then next year we will be back to square 1.
I don't think the former will happen, which will make the latter less likely. The new GM will make that call. I don't think it will be White.

My hope is Wood stays on the business side and the national search does somehow land a good football mind. But the search committee consists of five billionaires, their wealth management advisor and a TBD outside consultant. This doesn't strike me as the recipe for success.

Beginning to think that Chicago based executive search firm rumor may not have been a bad idea.

Every hire from the last 50+ years was under the guidance of WCF. In the last few weeks, Martha promoted a woman to CEO & someone she trusted to run the business. She trusts her older daughter more than the youngest son. I guess we'll have to wait and see if the ladies get the call right on who the GM should be.

Hope. Hoping. Hopeful. I'm an optimist.

BobbyLayne, on 23 Nov 2015 - 2:31 PM, said:BobbyLayne, on 23 Nov 2015 - 2:31 PM, said:
dirtyjay, on 23 Nov 2015 - 2:29 PM, said:dirtyjay, on 23 Nov 2015 - 2:29 PM, said:In actuality, why is anyone crediting White with the wins or saying he will be the GM if they win some more?

Mayhew.

Exactly. The only one congratulating him is inner circle Ford echo chamber.
The sad part is that I kind of like White..he is so different and more open than Mayhew. Then I think he has been here for 19 seasons already and I never heard his name until Mayhew was fired. So he has to be part of the culture problem.

Its a pick em tomorrow for the Lions, do they continue the trend of ruining the 2016 draft position or put in one of the classic Lions Thanksgiving implosions together?

I always pull for the Lions on Thanksgiving, it's a tradition, I have to have a team to pull for and I hate the Cowboys.

I think they can roll over the Eagles too to get the threepeat. Good luck.

Any longtime Lions fans have Thanksgiving game memories that stand out in your memory?

Everything past Barry blurs together in one long miserable morass. But I have three that are indelibly printed:

1. 1970 v. Raiders

We were traveling to my Uncle Fred's. Always loved the holidays - 4 kids in our family, 12 grandkids, I've stayed friends with my cousins and loved hanging out with them when we were kids. Now Fred was an Optometrist in Mt Pleasant, huge Lions fan, and a bit of a hothead. That year we arrived a bit late and were listening to the game on WJR. Oakland drove down to the 20, then Fred Biletnikoff ran a double move corner route and burned All Pro Lem Barney for a TD. The Lions fumbled the kickoff. Same pattern, same result. As we're getting out of the car we can hear Uncle Fred "### ####IT BARNEY IT'S THE SAME ####### PLAY!" Lions rallied and won 28-14.

2. 1976 v. Bills

Second year of the Pontiac Silverdome. Uncle Fred generously bought 20+ tickets and took the extended family. OJ Simpson ran for a then NFL Record 273 yards, Lions won the game. I was talking with one of my cousins over dinner last night about what a great time we had.

3. 1989 v. Unknown

My oldest sister hosted. She insisted on no football. At all. It's family time. We snuck out for smokes & radio game breaks all day. My mother announced at Christmas that would be the last time anyone in her family pulls that bull#### move.

My fondest Thanksgiving memory as a non Lions Cowboys fan was Barry Sanders lighting up the Bears around 96 or 97. I never saw so many jukes and missed tackles in one game before.

I miss the throw back plain blue on gray the Lions used to wear on Thanksgiving. Im sure my favorite memory is of Barry making someone look like a fool, I dont know what Thanksgiving year it was, all Barrys big runs kinda blur together its been so long.

BobbyLayne said:
Any longtime Lions fans have Thanksgiving game memories that stand out in your memory?

Everything past Barry blurs together in one long miserable morass. But I have three that are indelibly printed:

1. 1970 v. Raiders

We were traveling to my Uncle Fred's. Always loved the holidays - 4 kids in our family, 12 grandkids, I've stayed friends with my cousins and loved hanging out with them when we were kids. Now Fred was an Optometrist in Mt Pleasant, huge Lions fan, and a bit of a hothead. That year we arrived a bit late and were listening to the game on WJR. Oakland drove down to the 20, then Fred Biletnikoff ran a double move corner route and burned All Pro Lem Barney for a TD. The Lions fumbled the kickoff. Same pattern, same result. As we're getting out of the car we can hear Uncle Fred "### ####IT BARNEY IT'S THE SAME ####### PLAY!" Lions rallied and won 28-14.

2. 1976 v. Bills

Second year of the Pontiac Silverdome. Uncle Fred generously bought 20+ tickets and took the extended family. OJ Simpson ran for a then NFL Record 273 yards, Lions won the game. I was talking with one of my cousins over dinner last night about what a great time we had.

3. 1989 v. Unknown

My oldest sister hosted. She insisted on no football. At all. It's family time. We snuck out for smokes & radio game breaks all day. My mother announced at Christmas that would be the last time anyone in her family pulls that bull#### move.
All of your memories are of games they win? Are you sure you're a Lions fan? ?

My memory is '80 or '81. Lions-Bears go to overtime. As soon as regulation ends, we quickly pile in the car and make the 5-minute drive to our friends for Thanksgiving dinner, figuring we'll watch OT there. We get out of the car and our friends say, "Game's over. Bears took the kickoff back for a TD."

Gonna be a stretch for me to watch the game today I think, currently over in Belgium working behind the scenes with the GB Davis Cup team, the final starts tomorrow

I'm actually starting the Lions DST today. :gulp: They haven't forced a turnover since week 7 but with Sanchez making everything dirty, I think it will be a solid play.

24-17 Lions win their third in a row. :shock:

I'm actually starting the Lions DST today. :gulp: They haven't forced a turnover since week 7 but with Sanchez making everything dirty, I think it will be a solid play.

24-17 Lions win their third in a row. :shock:
Started them, too. Over Houston. Looking pretty good right about now.

Users who are viewing this thread