What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Getting ready for the draft in Motown. (10 Viewers)

'Da Guru said:
Broyles seems to be getting more involved each of the last 3 weeks. He had 6 targets while only being in for 40% of the snaps vs Jax. With Titus not practicing Wed/Thu, one would think he might be in for a decent day against the Vikes.
I was not happy with the Broyles pick..but watching him play he does have great hands.
I was not happy with the Titus pick. Broyles is stepping in real nicely for Burlson.

Just heard on the local Lions pregame that the team is 9-6 on the road in the last 15 games(2nd best in the league). Prior to that, the Lions were 9-70 on the road. :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just heard on the local Lions pregame that the team is 9-6 on the road in the last 15 games(2nd best in the league). Prior to that, the Lions were 9-70 on the road. :shock:
That's good stuff, Futz.Interesting how everyone perceives the Lions have a terrible defense and the worst DBs in the league etc.

6th best NFL defense in yards allowed. Granted, you can check down and complete underneath stuff against them 8 days a week. They've given up some ridiculous long TD plays (Maclin, Lynch). But taking the injuries into consideration, they've exceeded expectations.

Minnesota didn't get much going at Ford Field, but two return TDs killed Detroit. With Harvin out this should be a very winnable game - these two teams are headed in the opposite direction.

That's good stuff, Futz.Interesting how everyone perceives the Lions have a terrible defense and the worst DBs in the league etc.

6th best NFL defense in yards allowed. Granted, you can check down and complete underneath stuff against them 8 days a week. They've given up some ridiculous long TD plays (Maclin, Lynch). But taking the injuries into consideration, they've exceeded expectations.

Minnesota didn't get much going at Ford Field, but two return TDs killed Detroit. With Harvin out this should be a very winnable game - these two teams are headed in the opposite direction.
The rushing defense has been much better than I expected. I really think the special teams were so bad early on that it may have cost them a playoff spot. They should have beaten Tenn. & Minnesota already. Their schedule gets brutal down the stretch (GBx2/Houston/ATL/)

This team desperatley needs to find an identity.... too many times have we seen the same ole start to a game over and over and over... where is the urgency to win games with these players? Do we put blame on the coaching staff for this? Also... maybe.... juuuuust maybe this team will draft viable DBs some day.... oh what the heck im kidding myself it will never happen.

This team desperatley needs to find an identity.... too many times have we seen the same ole start to a game over and over and over... where is the urgency to win games with these players? Do we put blame on the coaching staff for this? Also... maybe.... juuuuust maybe this team will draft viable DBs some day.... oh what the heck im kidding myself it will never happen.
The offense can score enough to win game. Until the can get some stops on defense this team is going nowhere. Right now Jeff Backus is running on fumes so the left tackle spot needs to be adressed as well. Backus is doing decent job but he is aging in dog years right now. Delmas gets hurt on every tackle he makes and really can`t be counted on anymore so the Lions need a SS to go with a couple of corners..oh and I forgot..throw a couple of LBs who can stop the run on that wish list as well.

'Da Guru said:
The offense can score enough to win game. Until the can get some stops on defense this team is going nowhere. Right now Jeff Backus is running on fumes so the left tackle spot needs to be adressed as well. Backus is doing decent job but he is aging in dog years right now. Delmas gets hurt on every tackle he makes and really can`t be counted on anymore so the Lions need a SS to go with a couple of corners..oh and I forgot..throw a couple of LBs who can stop the run on that wish list as well.
I agree they can score enough to win a game but how they do it is not effective and wears out what little defense they have. Going 3 and out for the majority of the game until crunch time will hurt any defensive let alone that siv they have together now. There needs to be some change for how this team approaches games. they looked like they addressed that issue the past two weeks but are right back to how they handled teams since the beginning of the year.I said it many times before there drafting strategy of BPA is going to end up running this team back into futility. That 2nd round center Koz is now starting for ATL(looking great) and will hold that OL for years... yet here we are waiting on Broyles who i have no quimbs about but it was NOT the best pick for this team. Detroit continues to lack judgement by trying to patch work a defensive backfield with 3rd round and below talent as well, how is Billy doing? the rookie DB that was forced to play because our DB is that piss poor... oh he's hurt. Delmas and Spievy? same old song... different story and day... its just a painful endless cycle with this team.

'Da Guru said:
I agree they can score enough to win a game but how they do it is not effective and wears out what little defense they have. Going 3 and out for the majority of the game until crunch time will hurt any defensive let alone that siv they have together now. There needs to be some change for how this team approaches games. they looked like they addressed that issue the past two weeks but are right back to how they handled teams since the beginning of the year.I said it many times before there drafting strategy of BPA is going to end up running this team back into futility. That 2nd round center Koz is now starting for ATL(looking great) and will hold that OL for years... yet here we are waiting on Broyles who i have no quimbs about but it was NOT the best pick for this team. Detroit continues to lack judgement by trying to patch work a defensive backfield with 3rd round and below talent as well, how is Billy doing? the rookie DB that was forced to play because our DB is that piss poor... oh he's hurt. Delmas and Spievy? same old song... different story and day... its just a painful endless cycle with this team.
You have to remember that Matt Millen was Martin Mayhews mentor.Millen promoted Mayhew. And like Millen Mayhew has a fetish for WRs and RBs. The defense has been soft for years yet Mayhew will draft brittle RBS and injured WRS. When Millen was fired the Lions should have also fired Tom Lewand and Martin Mayhew. The whole system needed to be cleansed.

'Da Guru said:
They didn't use the good parts of Raiola's comments about Young. He didn't mince words either: My link

Lions' Dominic Raiola on Titus Young: 'Don't be an ###. Don't be a jerk'

ALLEN PARK -- Detroit Lions receiver Titus Young may be back on the team, but apparently still needs to win over the locker room.

Young was sent home from the team's facility last week after his recent misbehavior during Detroit's loss against the Green Bay Packers. When asked about his most recent troubles, Young avoided questions from the media today.

Lions center Dominic Raiola was asked about Young's recent actions by Detroit News reporter Chris McCosky today. To nobody's surprise, Raiola did not hold back his thoughts about Young:

Q: Is he a distraction?

A: "It's not a distraction because we have moved on from him. If he wants to be an ###, let him be an ###. It's not my problem. What we can control is the guys who want to be here. I want people who want to be here, and I think everybody else wants the same thing. If you don't want to be here, then leave."

Q: "What's his beef?"

A: "I don't know; I have no idea. He could have it made here ... The more we think about it, the more we talk about it, that's what holds this team back. We don't talk about it, we don't think about it, you know, we have a good group on offense. Don't be an ###. Don't be a jerk. Just go with the flow ... We've got the best player in the world over there (Calvin Johnson). He should look no further than that to know how to act. If you are going to act like that, you are done."

Somehow you get the feeling that Young is not on Raiola's Christmas card list this year.

And if Riaola is echoing the sentiments of Detroit's locker room, it makes you wonder how long management can allow the divisive receiver to remain in uniform.

Seems like flat releasing him would be the worst way to handle it. He's one of the few players we have that has a favorable contract based on his potential. I can see keeping him inactive or IR or whatever but if it turns out that they don't want him anymore I gotta believe someone would ship a 4th rounder or whatever in April. The Broyles pick is definitely looking better now but it's pretty crazy how this is all playing out and I just can't believe Schwartz and company don't have some degree of culpability here, how could things get so bad all of the sudden?

Other than that the team has been playing much better the last couple games and I think we should beat the Colts pretty soundly tomorrow with our D-line making life difficult for Luck and forcing a turnover or two :)

'Da Guru said:
Ryan Broyles is having an MRI on his injured knee today and it is not looking good. Looks like they will be forced to keep Titus for a little while.
If Big Mike Williams is under 250, sign him up and send Titus packing.Agreed on Delmas. He reminds me of Nick Eddy - every year/month/week it's always something.Who knows where they end up drafting, probably somewhere between 6th and 10th. That will dictate specific players. If they can get Dee Milliner in the first, they should - we haven't had a decent cover corner since Dre Bly. Otherwise, take Luke Joeckel or Lewan. Need an anchor on that line. Or go with a pass rusher like Bjoern Werner or Sam Montgomery.PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE start drafting guys that play line on either side of the ball. So GD sick of offensive skill position players taken in the first few rounds.

It's quite obvious that this team is all about stat padding and records and not about wins. You could say they were done after the 2nd loss to the Vikings, but the last two games specifically were very winnable if they had any interest in clock management and securing the win.

If they are serious about moving on from Titus Young, why didn't Thomas get more than 4 targets with Broyles leaving in the 1st quarter?

'Da Guru said:
Ryan Broyles is having an MRI on his injured knee today and it is not looking good. Looks like they will be forced to keep Titus for a little while.
If Big Mike Williams is under 250, sign him up and send Titus packing.Agreed on Delmas. He reminds me of Nick Eddy - every year/month/week it's always something.

Who knows where they end up drafting, probably somewhere between 6th and 10th. That will dictate specific players. If they can get Dee Milliner in the first, they should - we haven't had a decent cover corner since Dre Bly. Otherwise, take Luke Joeckel or Lewan. Need an anchor on that line. Or go with a pass rusher like Bjoern Werner or Sam Montgomery.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE start drafting guys that play line on either side of the ball. So GD sick of offensive skill position players taken in the first few rounds.
Suh,Fairley, Rieff - down?

I think the LBs and the secondary both need giant upgrades, replace Dom Rialoa too

'Da Guru said:
If Big Mike Williams is under 250, sign him up and send Titus packing.Agreed on Delmas. He reminds me of Nick Eddy - every year/month/week it's always something.

Who knows where they end up drafting, probably somewhere between 6th and 10th. That will dictate specific players. If they can get Dee Milliner in the first, they should - we haven't had a decent cover corner since Dre Bly. Otherwise, take Luke Joeckel or Lewan. Need an anchor on that line. Or go with a pass rusher like Bjoern Werner or Sam Montgomery.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE start drafting guys that play line on either side of the ball. So GD sick of offensive skill position players taken in the first few rounds.

I think the LBs and the secondary both need giant upgrades, replace Dom Rialoa too
:bag: Yeah, well...keep doing that!!

:lmao:

Admittedly my attention has been waning the last several years. I didn't even know they lost last night until I saw highlights around midnight. I did know Hanson had 18 FF points yesterday (he's my kicker), and I was vaguely aware CJ had a ton of catches/yards.

Just beyond caring...too much.

'Da Guru said:

:bag: Yeah, well...keep doing that!!

:lmao:

Admittedly my attention has been waning the last several years. I didn't even know they lost last night until I saw highlights around midnight. I did know Hanson had 18 FF points yesterday (he's my kicker), and I was vaguely aware CJ had a ton of catches/yards.

Just beyond caring...too much.
well its the 2nd and 3rd rounders killing em nowtitus/Broyles. Best/LeShoure

4 picks of injured/headcase/issues

'Da Guru said:

Suhs contract is killing the Lions right now. Suhs draft year was the last season before the new CBA..Suh at 11 million a year is making double what Luck and Griffin are making.

I like Suh but if they can get a high pick for him, or a couple of nice picks I would do it. Plus Suh is a marked man in the NFL now by players, refs, commentators, and league officials.

Are there any decent WR free agents next year that wont break the bank? A 32 year old Burelson and a rook on the field isnt comforting.

So the RB they drafted who had concussion problems went out with concussions, the WR project with bad knees is out with bad kness, and the WR with the attitude problem has been benched. Nice calls guys!

Last season was a fluke. Expect more of the same; lose, lose lose.

'Da Guru said:

Suhs contract is killing the Lions right now. Suhs draft year was the last season before the new CBA..Suh at 11 million a year is making double what Luck and Griffin are making.

I like Suh but if they can get a high pick for him, or a couple of nice picks I would do it. Plus Suh is a marked man in the NFL now by players, refs, commentators, and league officials.
As expensive as Suh is, they can't afford to lose him. He has been really, really good lately and they need that D Line to shine to protect the DBs.

'BobbyLayne said:
'Da Guru said:
If Big Mike Williams is under 250, sign him up and send Titus packing.Agreed on Delmas. He reminds me of Nick Eddy - every year/month/week it's always something.Who knows where they end up drafting, probably somewhere between 6th and 10th. That will dictate specific players. If they can get Dee Milliner in the first, they should - we haven't had a decent cover corner since Dre Bly. Otherwise, take Luke Joeckel or Lewan. Need an anchor on that line. Or go with a pass rusher like Bjoern Werner or Sam Montgomery.PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE start drafting guys that play line on either side of the ball. So GD sick of offensive skill position players taken in the first few rounds.
This team should not touch an offensive player at ALL in the next draft. they need much needed help on the entire D side of the ball excluding the interior of the DL. id be happy with whoever they select if it addresses that side however we are talking about an inept front office with this silly decision making of BPA. They proved to be inept last year taking Broyles over Konz(a guy we needed to anchor the OL) and will do so again this year. I dont even hav e my hopes up this time around because i personally guarantee Mayhew's 3yr old decision making will draft some type of RB/WR combo yet again very high in the next draft... you watch!

'whoknew said:
'Da Guru said:
'bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
'BobbyLayne said:
'Da Guru said:

As expensive as Suh is, they can't afford to lose him. He has been really, really good lately and they need that D Line to shine to protect the DBs.
I agree Suh has been a force the last few games. When I saw Luck get horse collared yesterday I thought for sure it was Suh..thankfully it was Fairley.

Agree that Suh's contract terms are a bit of a problem but if he can play like he did yesterday going forward he's probably worth it. He is not getting traded as long as Schwartz is here, I think his challenge is to see if he can become a leader of the defense because he has the exact right attitude for a D lineman imo

LeShoure does look slow and did a little too much dancing yesterday, I don't know that I would totally give up on him hopefully an offseason of good workouts and laying off the chronic he can get his burst back. Joique seems like a great find and I think he's going to get more time going forward.

I remember Mike Thomas being decent last year in Jacksonville, he looked like crap last game but I am hopeful he can do something since no one will be guarding him at all the rest of the season. I don't think it's fair to complain about the Broyles pick now really it's not the same knee... UFA is NOT the way to go for WR... Maybe Nate has something left and we can renegotiate with him to shave a few mill$ off the cap

I don't know what kind of $$$ Delmas is going to fetch on the open market, we will see... Don't forget we drafted 3 CBs this year and too bad all are hurt but I think all three can help the team next year; I am indifferent to Durant and Levy but I would guess we will be able to keep one of them on a favorable contract.

AT LEAST this team is fun to watch; I admin I was a bit steamed yesterday but it not like we are getting crushed!

Agree that Suh's contract terms are a bit of a problem but if he can play like he did yesterday going forward he's probably worth it. He is not getting traded as long as Schwartz is here, I think his challenge is to see if he can become a leader of the defense because he has the exact right attitude for a D lineman imoLeShoure does look slow and did a little too much dancing yesterday, I don't know that I would totally give up on him hopefully an offseason of good workouts and laying off the chronic he can get his burst back. Joique seems like a great find and I think he's going to get more time going forward.I remember Mike Thomas being decent last year in Jacksonville, he looked like crap last game but I am hopeful he can do something since no one will be guarding him at all the rest of the season. I don't think it's fair to complain about the Broyles pick now really it's not the same knee... UFA is NOT the way to go for WR... Maybe Nate has something left and we can renegotiate with him to shave a few mill$ off the capI don't know what kind of $$$ Delmas is going to fetch on the open market, we will see... Don't forget we drafted 3 CBs this year and too bad all are hurt but I think all three can help the team next year; I am indifferent to Durant and Levy but I would guess we will be able to keep one of them on a favorable contract.AT LEAST this team is fun to watch; I admin I was a bit steamed yesterday but it not like we are getting crushed!
A couple of key first downs in crunch time and this team is in the playoffs. Third game blown by not picking up a first..and that is not counting the Tennessee game. Just can`t convert with 2-3 minutes left in the game. How can you run on third and five on the other side of the two minute warning when a first down ices the game? Under the two minute I would take the time off and run.

The play calling for the Lions has been horrible. When they've had the lead, they run the ball and give up the ball only to watch their defense give up the game.

I'd fire the OC for sure, possibly fire Schwartz as his clock management skills before half and at the end of games is horrible.

They should not be allowed to draft anything but defense and offensive line for 5 straight years. These ridiculous 2nd round picks on wrs is mind boggling when they have so many holes. They did nothing to improve themself from last year's team and in this league when you're not improving, you are getting worse.

Terrible season, Ford owes the entire fan base in Detroit a new car or truck for what he's put Detroiters thru the last 40 years, it's criminal the amount of money they charge for tickets, beer, food, parking and gear. Give everyone in attendance to one of these ending home games for showing up to see a loser, kind of like Oprah's Favorite Things.

Well?? The Lions hit rock bottom yesterday. A comedy of errors..false starts that killed drives, a critical delay of game at the goal line that took away a TD. Turnovers,can`t run the football.

I am not sure what the Lions have to address first. Stafford has taken a step back this year..making some horrible decisions yesterday. They can`t run the ball, other than Calvin they can`t catch the ball. Stupid penalty after stupid penalty destroyed any mo they had going. It was a throwback to the Marinelli days..like they were looking for ways to lose.

The delay of game at the goal line was inexcusable..no reason at all. Stafford was not watching the play clock..that was a huge error since the Lions scored to cut make it a one score game with plenty of time left. Instead it was a 14 point swing with the pick 6.

Well?? The Lions hit rock bottom yesterday. A comedy of errors..false starts that killed drives, a critical delay of game at the goal line that took away a TD. Turnovers,can`t run the football. I am not sure what the Lions have to address first. Stafford has taken a step back this year..making some horrible decisions yesterday. They can`t run the ball, other than Calvin they can`t catch the ball. Stupid penalty after stupid penalty destroyed any mo they had going. It was a throwback to the Marinelli days..like they were looking for ways to lose.The delay of game at the goal line was inexcusable..no reason at all. Stafford was not watching the play clock..that was a huge error since the Lions scored to cut make it a one score game with plenty of time left. Instead it was a 13 point swing with the pick 6.
So surprising, right?

Well?? The Lions hit rock bottom yesterday. A comedy of errors..false starts that killed drives, a critical delay of game at the goal line that took away a TD. Turnovers,can`t run the football. I am not sure what the Lions have to address first. Stafford has taken a step back this year..making some horrible decisions yesterday. They can`t run the ball, other than Calvin they can`t catch the ball. Stupid penalty after stupid penalty destroyed any mo they had going. It was a throwback to the Marinelli days..like they were looking for ways to lose.The delay of game at the goal line was inexcusable..no reason at all. Stafford was not watching the play clock..that was a huge error since the Lions scored to cut make it a one score game with plenty of time left. Instead it was a 14 point swing with the pick 6.
So surprising, right?
A Lion fan surprised with failure? Not possible.

After watching the Lions come so close in so many games two years ago I sort of adopted them as my defacto #2 team. (Giants fan.)

Not sure what to say about them. Neither LeShoure or Bell are franchise RB's. They had nobody to throw the ball to yesterday besides Calvin. They were without Pettigrew, Broyles Burleson and Young as far as passing options go. I'm not sure if I can really blame Stafford. He's trying to make something with next to nothing.

All of that is no excuse to get blown out by Arizona though.

After watching the Lions come so close in so many games two years ago I sort of adopted them as my defacto #2 team. (Giants fan.)

Not sure what to say about them. Neither LeShoure or Bell are franchise RB's. They had nobody to throw the ball to yesterday besides Calvin. They were without Pettigrew, Broyles Burleson and Young as far as passing options go. I'm not sure if I can really blame Stafford. He's trying to make something with next to nothing.

All of that is no excuse to get blown out by Arizona though.
Teams with a premium corner like Peterson to cover Calvin have a huge advantage right now because of this. Those were their 5-6-7 recievers and their 2-3 TE's out there.

Jim Schwartz has finally been Lionized.

At his presser yesterday for the first time since he has been in Detroit Schwartz looked like a beaten man..head down..talking very quiet almost whispering, no emotion.

Another note I heard yesterday is the LeShoure is the only NFL RB with over 150 carries that does not have a 20 yard run.

'Da Guru said:
#5 pick in the draft..what are we loking at?
Best case, L. Joeckel. Though D. Moore or J. Jones would be a very nice 2nd choice.Det needs to sure up the Oline more than anything IMO. The still have no running game and Stafford still gets pressured far too easily. Joeckel is an elite talent and fills a massive need. Moore or Jones are also elite players and instant difference makers on D.

'Da Guru said:
#5 pick in the draft..what are we looking at?
Best case, L. Joeckel. Though D. Moore or J. Jones would be a very nice 2nd choice.Det needs to sure up the Oline more than anything IMO. The still have no running game and Stafford still gets pressured far too easily. Joeckel is an elite talent and fills a massive need. Moore or Jones are also elite players and instant difference makers on D.
So many needs though..where do you start? After years of drafting WRS and RBS high that should be a position of strength. Instead every year we need to try to get it right again.

'Da Guru said:
#5 pick in the draft..what are we looking at?
So many needs though..where do you start? After years of drafting WRS and RBS high that should be a position of strength. Instead every year we need to try to get it right again.
I think you'd be surprised at how much better the RBs and WRs would look if the Oline was playing better. Unfortunately it's near impossible Joeckel will get past Philly. Once he's gone, all the blue chip talent is on D. Milner is another option as he's the best CB in the draft. At least according to the masses. Personally I think he is overrated and I'm feeing Banks is the best CB. So I'd say Milner or CB at all at 5 is a reach. Moore, Jones and Werner are all vastly better prospects IMO. Det has shown a willingness to go BPA in recent years so I'd imagine that is what they do here as well.

Martin Mayhew finally speaks...the only thing is that Mayhew invited the writers that he wanted to be there and no cameras or recording devices were allowed in the room. Who does he think he is?

Mayhew said Green Bay has drafted WRS every year but nobody complains because they produce. :confused:

My FA wishlist:

Safety - Gholdson

OL - Loadholt/Albert/Levitre

any* handful of DBs... Quin, Shields, Jones, Toler,,, whatever.

its kind of fun to try and go back and name all the 2nd rounders who have amounted to nothing.. from the top of my headStantonYoungLehmanthat Colorado LB.. can't think of his name right nowBroyles if he doesn't stay healthyLeshoure TBDSpievey (may have been 3rd)Delmas (shows decent flashes but always hurt)Bullocks

I found a good blog that goes over detail on the cap challenges we are facing this year several posts here are a good read

We are in pretty horrible shape due to generally overspending on some of the marginal guys the past few years and the restructuring that had to be done last year to sign Tulloch and rent Avril. First priority is to get an extension from Stafford and I think they should be able to work something out there that benefits both parties. I don't see that they have any leverage at all with Suh this year though and he is going to be booked at $17M. That $5M more than any DT made this year and pretty much full guarantee the next two years and that's why I really doubt anything can get done there.

I think Houston would be my top priority if I was Mayhew. Delmas and Cherilus if we can get them at decent prices but one thing we can't do this year is overspend so I wouldn't be looking for any tier 1 free agents to be a real possibility.

I found a good blog that goes over detail on the cap challenges we are facing this year several posts here are a good readWe are in pretty horrible shape due to generally overspending on some of the marginal guys the past few years and the restructuring that had to be done last year to sign Tulloch and rent Avril. First priority is to get an extension from Stafford and I think they should be able to work something out there that benefits both parties. I don't see that they have any leverage at all with Suh this year though and he is going to be booked at $17M. That $5M more than any DT made this year and pretty much full guarantee the next two years and that's why I really doubt anything can get done there.I think Houston would be my top priority if I was Mayhew. Delmas and Cherilus if we can get them at decent prices but one thing we can't do this year is overspend so I wouldn't be looking for any tier 1 free agents to be a real possibility.
Completely agree with Houston being priority, really one of the biggest dissapointments to me this year was Willie Young who in my mind was going to be Avril's likely replacement, DE is really turning into a weakness pretty quickly

I found a good blog that goes over detail on the cap challenges we are facing this year several posts here are a good readWe are in pretty horrible shape due to generally overspending on some of the marginal guys the past few years and the restructuring that had to be done last year to sign Tulloch and rent Avril. First priority is to get an extension from Stafford and I think they should be able to work something out there that benefits both parties. I don't see that they have any leverage at all with Suh this year though and he is going to be booked at $17M. That $5M more than any DT made this year and pretty much full guarantee the next two years and that's why I really doubt anything can get done there.I think Houston would be my top priority if I was Mayhew. Delmas and Cherilus if we can get them at decent prices but one thing we can't do this year is overspend so I wouldn't be looking for any tier 1 free agents to be a real possibility.
Completely agree with Houston being priority, really one of the biggest dissapointments to me this year was Willie Young who in my mind was going to be Avril's likely replacement, DE is really turning into a weakness pretty quickly
Even with the back 7 problems I would not be surprised if they drafted a DE #1.

From all I've read, I think DE is almost a certainty at this point (who knows what will change after the combine). I'd love to get that Milliner out of Bama, but it looks like at #5 that would be a reach.

From all I've read, I think DE is almost a certainty at this point (who knows what will change after the combine). I'd love to get that Milliner out of Bama, but it looks like at #5 that would be a reach.
That German guy Björn Werner that just started playing football 5 years ago has a lot of upside too.Question is if he will still be there.

That German guy Björn Werner that just started playing football 5 years ago has a lot of upside too.Question is if he will still be there.
We're actually in a great spot. It doesn't seem like there's a ton of talent overall in this draft, but there's a lot of talent at the top of the draft. We'd be fine taking Jones, Joeckel, Werner, Moore, or Milliner. I'd be happy with any, but I agree, that Werner guy I'd be most excited about. Looks like he could be a beast

I definitely don't want to use a top 5 pick on a DE, I still believe our strong corps of DT's should make decent DE's great, if we can't trade down (which we probably won't be able to in this draft) I'm for taking Dee Milliner.. maybe use our 2nd rounder on a pass rusher

Lions play the AFC north this coming year. Specific dates TBA.The NFL has not announced its 2013 schedule yet, but thanks to the yearly rotation, the Lions know the 13 teams they will be facing:BearsPackers*Vikings*Bengals*Ravens*GiantsCowboysBucsBearsPackers*Vikings*SteelersBrownsRedskins*EaglesCards*PLAYOFF TEAMS IN 2012

Users who are viewing this thread