What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

70 Percent of Ground Beef at Supermarkets Contains ‘Pink Slime’ (1 Viewer)

I agree more research and openness about ingredients is important, but many of the articles about nanoparticles are ridiculous. They talk about companies putting metal in your food. First, it is metal ions that are part of an ionic compound, which means they have different chemical properties. Second, people eat metal ions all the time. Salt has sodium, we need some potassium, iron, etc.
I know how much potassium and iron are in my food. When companies do not label the nanoparticles content, it looks like they have something to hide.
That sounds rather conspiritard to me.

I agree more research and openness about ingredients is important, but many of the articles about nanoparticles are ridiculous. They talk about companies putting metal in your food. First, it is metal ions that are part of an ionic compound, which means they have different chemical properties. Second, people eat metal ions all the time. Salt has sodium, we need some potassium, iron, etc.
I know how much potassium and iron are in my food. When companies do not label the nanoparticles content, it looks like they have something to hide.
Yeah, it should be reported. I agree. I just don't think we should be assuming it poses some great risk. Based on the fact they are nano particles, it's likely a crazy small amount that is being ingested. I would worry more about the things we know are dangerous like grilled meat or certain foods dyes.

Users who are viewing this thread