What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2012 Boston Red Sox Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Total posts in this thread - combined - by [icon], bostonfred, bosoxs45 and Finless (who started the thread):

:lmao:

I give credit to moops for at least letting us know he's alive now and then.

I'm kind of sick of Pedroia. Do you think Seattle would bite on Pedroia & Ellsbury for King Felix and an autographed Griffey Jr jersey?

Team of quitters.
I just turned it on and I thought it was a replay from yesterday.Same score. Same lifeless roster just going through the motions.

COWBOY UP!

:banned:

Seriously, what's it gonna take for V to get canned? Does he need to take a dump on home plate during the 7th inning stretch?

Hey... can we all agree at this point that Theo Epstein was/is wildly overrated, and that Dan Duquette got an incredibly raw deal with how he's been regarded by Red Sox fans?Been making this argument since 2004. People around me have only started to come around within the past couple of months.Thoughts?
Agree totally and have since 2004. I mean, how much of David Ortiz is pharmaceutical in nature?

I heard that in their current losing streak Pedroia is hitting .400 and the rest of the team is hitting .197. Let's hear it for the for other guys for going all out . . .

SEATTLE (AP) -- Boston Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine insisted Wednesday he wasn't serious when he threatened to "punch" a radio talk-show host in the mouth.Valentine said he made it clear he was kidding when he made the comment earlier in the day during an interview on Boston station WEEI with hosts Glenn Ordway and Michael Holley."Didn't I go, 'Ha, ha?'" the embattled Valentine asked before his fourth-place team played the Seattle Mariners. "I don't think physical violence is necessary for 60-year-old people."Ordway, sighting a newspaper report that Valentine arrived later than normal for a game last week in Oakland, asked if the manager had "checked out" on the season.Valentine responded on the air:"What an embarrassing thing to say. If I were there right now, I'd punch you right in the mouth. Ha, ha," Valentine said. "How's that sound? Sound like I checked out? What an embarrassing thing. Why would somebody even, that's stuff that a comic strip person would write. If someone's here, watching me go out at 2 o'clock in the afternoon, working with the young players, watching me put in the right relief pitchers to get a win, putting on a hit-and-run when it was necessary, talking to the guys after the game in the food room -- how could someone in real life say that?"Meeting later with reporters in Seattle before the game, Valentine acknowledged he took offense to Ordway's question and explained that he arrived at the Coliseum in Oakland later than usual -- but still 3 hours before the game -- because he had picked up his son from the airport and got stuck in traffic."If anyone in this room or any other room I've been in in my life wants to question my integrity, I will ask someone to referee that situation," he said.

I couldn't imagine still living in Boston and listening to those sports radio talk show. It's bad enough when things are going well. People must be losing their ####### #### left and right.

Worst manager hire ever?
On November 1, 2004, Backman was promoted to manager of the Arizona Diamondbacks' major league squad.[4] However, in its story about Backman's hire, The New York Times reported that Backman had serious legal and financial problems. He had also been arrested in 1999 for DUI in Kennewick, Washington as documented on HBO Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. A year later, he was arrested in connection with an altercation in his home in Prineville, Oregon. In addition, Backman declared bankruptcy to avoid paying over twenty creditors, including the IRS.[5][6] The Diamondbacks initially stood by him,[7] but fired him on November 5 before ever managing a game. Managing partner Ken Kendrick said that Backman had lied about his past, and only learned about the extent of Backman's problems when the Times report prompted the team to conduct its own investigation.[8]Backman began his managerial comeback with the South Georgia Peanuts of the independent South Coast League. His return to managing was documented by the TV series Playing for Peanuts. The Peanuts won their league with a 59–28 record. On June 26, 2007, during a game in Anderson, South Carolina, Backman was involved in a profane-laced tirade. After outfielder Doc Brooks was ejected for arguing balls and strikes, Backman confronted the home plate umpire criticizing his strike zone before being ejected as well. Backman then covered home plate with dirt and threw profanities at the umpires before returning to the dug-out where he threw bats onto the field as well as a bucket full of baseballs.

Worst manager hire ever?
On November 1, 2004, Backman was promoted to manager of the Arizona Diamondbacks' major league squad.[4] However, in its story about Backman's hire, The New York Times reported that Backman had serious legal and financial problems. He had also been arrested in 1999 for DUI in Kennewick, Washington as documented on HBO Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. A year later, he was arrested in connection with an altercation in his home in Prineville, Oregon. In addition, Backman declared bankruptcy to avoid paying over twenty creditors, including the IRS.[5][6] The Diamondbacks initially stood by him,[7] but fired him on November 5 before ever managing a game. Managing partner Ken Kendrick said that Backman had lied about his past, and only learned about the extent of Backman's problems when the Times report prompted the team to conduct its own investigation.[8]Backman began his managerial comeback with the South Georgia Peanuts of the independent South Coast League. His return to managing was documented by the TV series Playing for Peanuts. The Peanuts won their league with a 59–28 record. On June 26, 2007, during a game in Anderson, South Carolina, Backman was involved in a profane-laced tirade. After outfielder Doc Brooks was ejected for arguing balls and strikes, Backman confronted the home plate umpire criticizing his strike zone before being ejected as well. Backman then covered home plate with dirt and threw profanities at the umpires before returning to the dug-out where he threw bats onto the field as well as a bucket full of baseballs.
Maybe if the Sox fired Bobby after 4 days....but he's wreaked way more havoc than Wally Backman.

I couldn't imagine still living in Boston and listening to those sports radio talk show. It's bad enough when things are going well. People must be losing their ####### #### left and right.
Not really. We have a pretty good football team that we're looking forward to.RN> If you could put your circle jerk on hold for a moment, let us know: how is the season looking for the Raiders?

JK, GB... JK.

Not really. We have a pretty good football team that we're looking forward to.RN> If you could put your circle jerk on hold for a moment, let us know: how is the season looking for the Raiders?

JK, GB... JK.
Settle down. I'm barely old enough to remember the Pats' last Super Bowl win. :excited:

JK, GB... JK.
Settle down. I'm barely old enough to remember the Pats' last Super Bowl win. :excited:
Then lord knows you can't possibly remember the last time the Raiders were a legitimate contender football team. :)

Remember that time you guys thought you were headed to the Super Bowl... but then you weren't? And then we beat down the Rams? That was, like, several Super Bowls ago for us. You guys are cute though, with your Jamarcus Russells and your Carson Palmers and the rest of the tomfoolery. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Raiders fans are the best.

Hey: maybe Tom Cable would be a good coach. And we could get Jason Campbell to be our QB! He'll be the next Tom Brady!

We're a terrible football team going nowhere, but hey, let's trade a 1st rounder for Richard Seymour!

What's withe raider hate you ####tards. I wore my sox shirt to my daughters school, got made fun of and got one high five from a 9 year old!

:banned:

Never in a million years did i think everyone would point to the Yankees ending the season vs the Sox as a big advantage for them.

This team is an embarrassment. But dont they at least have enough pride to put forth an effort?

Last edited by a moderator:
Never in a million years did i think everyone would point to the Yankees ending the season vs the Sox as a big advantage for them.This team is an embarrassment. But dont they at least have enough pride to put forth an effort?
Look at the lineup, it is atrocious.

It's midnight as I type this. The Sox are losing ( :shock: ) 9-2 in the 9th inning after a long rain delay.

I think there are 25 people in the stands.

I can't imagine how kooky you'd have to be to go to the park tomorrow at the same time the Pats are playing.

Never in a million years did i think everyone would point to the Yankees ending the season vs the Sox as a big advantage for them.This team is an embarrassment. But dont they at least have enough pride to put forth an effort?
Look at the lineup, it is atrocious.
That happens....but usually these teams at least threaten to win games.

Guy on the radio in Detroit today said Jim Leyland is all but a certainty to be managing the Boston Red Sox next season.

I may have a chance to be in new hamphshire for work during the last home series. Are tickets going for face or less at this point? For 100 bucks where can you sit with 2-4 people each ticket if you scalp at the ballpark?

I heard that in their current losing streak Pedroia is hitting .400 and the rest of the team is hitting .197. Let's hear it for the for other guys for going all out . . .
Every time something like this goes down I always feel bad for Pedroia. Dude always keeps it together and works his ### off. Can't say that about the majority of the rest of this ####show. :mellow: C'est la vie... back to the drawing board next spring. Pathetic.

'Greco said:
Guy on the radio in Detroit today said Jim Leyland is all but a certainty to be managing the Boston Red Sox next season.
Jim Leyland would have to be out of his ####### mind to manage here next season.John Farrell is the name that seems to keep popping up. Apparently, he had been their first choice last year, but Toronto was asking for Buchholtz in return, so the Sox declined. The talking heads seem to think that the price will have gone down entering this offseason because Farrell will only have one season left on his contract, but I don't see how that makes any sense from Toronto's point of view.

Every time something like this goes down I always feel bad for Pedroia. Dude always keeps it together and works his ### off. Can't say that about the majority of the rest of this ####show. :mellow: C'est la vie... back to the drawing board next spring. Pathetic.
I don't really feel bad for Pedroia. He's always seemed to be a little too pleased with himself for my liking.

Jim Leyland would have to be out of his ####### mind to manage here next season.
I believe batting Ryan Raburn 2nd in the line up last night is all the evidence I need to prove that he is, in fact, out of his ####### mind.

I don't really feel bad for Pedroia. He's always seemed to be a little too pleased with himself for my liking.
Eh... he's got a napoleon complex but the kid gives 100% and two seasons in a row now the team has fallen apart around him while he's still plugging away. I like the swagger... it seems well intentioned. :shrug:

I may have a chance to be in new hamphshire for work during the last home series. Are tickets going for face or less at this point? For 100 bucks where can you sit with 2-4 people each ticket if you scalp at the ballpark?
You don't even need to get scalped tickets. Go on Stub Hub. There are literally THOUSANDS of tickets for each game marketed way below face value for any game you want.

Users who are viewing this thread