What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (4 Viewers)

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear
Use this thread to ask about WW moves, who to pick up, who to drop, etc. Give league scoring info and also whether it is a redraft, keeper or dynasty which may impact the decision making process both as owner, and for the reviewer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's start it off with you guys telling me which one of these turds to drop in a keeper league so I can pick up someone good.

5X5 Average league

Keep 10-12

I have too many ####ty OFers. Just picked up Denard Span but he just adds to the problem I have with lots of guys of the same ilk. One thing to keep in mind is you can keep players for up to five years with $5 increases in years three and five. This makes me want to keep PResley I think, not sure if Snider will ever do anything.

Alex Presley $1

Denard Span $1

Ben Revere $1

Travis Snider $2

I only need to start one of these guys in the utility spot and I also have Furcal on the bench but I don't want to drop him because he's my MIF back-up. Want to drop one to pick up a pitcher. GO!

Let's start it off with you guys telling me which one of these turds to drop in a keeper league so I can pick up someone good.5X5 Average leagueKeep 10-12I have too many ####ty OFers. Just picked up Denard Span but he just adds to the problem I have with lots of guys of the same ilk. One thing to keep in mind is you can keep players for up to five years with $5 increases in years three and five. This makes me want to keep PResley I think, not sure if Snider will ever do anything. Alex Presley $1Denard Span $1Ben Revere $1Travis Snider $2I only need to start one of these guys in the utility spot and I also have Furcal on the bench but I don't want to drop him because he's my MIF back-up. Want to drop one to pick up a pitcher. GO!
Sorry but pretty simple here - Drop SPAN...concussions are not your friend and you already have RevereSecond drop if necessary would be Snider because who knows what the Jays will do with both Snider and Thames both hitting well - they should have traded/dumped E5 but they still have him as the starting DH

So who would you drop for marshall? I'm thinking Nolasco, Masterson, Carlos Lee or Adam Dunn, but can't decide.

So who would you drop for marshall? I'm thinking Nolasco, Masterson, Carlos Lee or Adam Dunn, but can't decide.
If Lee and Dunn are both on your bench, I would drop Lee.
I would not drop Masterson for sure.If it's an OBP league I'd probably agree with HH and drop Lee. Who are your other pitchers? Nolasco is so maddening.
Its a 12 team yahoo league with average and OPS. After seeing RPs go early/often I decided to forgo drafting any, and just be active on waivers.C: Yadier Molina1B: Joey Votto2B: Dan UgglaSS: Hanley Ramirez3B: Evan LongoriaOF: Andrew McCutchen, Desmond Jennings, Adam JonesUTL: Mark Reynolds, Paul GoldschmidtSP: Jon Lester, Yovani GallardoRP: Matt Moore, vacantP: Ricky Romero, Max Scherzer, Jamie Garcia, Derek HollandBench: Chase Utley, Adam Dunn, Carlos Lee, Justin Masterson, Alex Rios, Ricky Nolasco

If Lee and Dunn are both on your bench, I would drop Lee.
I would not drop Masterson for sure.If it's an OBP league I'd probably agree with HH and drop Lee. Who are your other pitchers? Nolasco is so maddening.
Its a 12 team yahoo league with average and OPS. After seeing RPs go early/often I decided to forgo drafting any, and just be active on waivers.C: Yadier Molina1B: Joey Votto2B: Dan UgglaSS: Hanley Ramirez3B: Evan LongoriaOF: Andrew McCutchen, Desmond Jennings, Adam JonesSP: Jon Lester, Yovani GallardoRP: Matt Moore, vacantP: Ricky Romero, Max Scherzer, Jamie Garcia, Derek HollandBench: Chase Utley, Mark Reynolds, Paul Goldschmidt, Adam Dunn, Carlos Lee, Justin Masterson, Alex Rios, Ricky Nolasco
I'd probably dump Nolasco.

Run out and get Sean Marshall.
Good idea to draft him first.
He went for 7 or 8 bucks today in my keeper league (12 teams, 23-man rosters, $260, 5x5, head-to-head).
Marshall went for $20 yesterday in my 12 team, H2H points, 22 man rosters, $200. I think that is overpaying for him but the guy who picked him up had Madson and his other closer is Balfour so probably felt like he needed to secure Marshall.

He went for 7 or 8 bucks today in my keeper league (12 teams, 23-man rosters, $260, 5x5, head-to-head).
Marshall went for $20 yesterday in my 12 team, H2H points, 22 man rosters, $200. I think that is overpaying for him but the guy who picked him up had Madson and his other closer is Balfour so probably felt like he needed to secure Marshall.
I don't like him at that price. The odds are still decent that the Reds will make an in-season deal for a closer and move him back to setup. If the price is right, he holds enough value in the mean time to ignore that. At $20, he better get you a full season of saves.

I don't like him at that price. The odds are still decent that the Reds will make an in-season deal for a closer and move him back to setup. If the price is right, he holds enough value in the mean time to ignore that. At $20, he better get you a full season of saves.
they can have Marmol

Question:

As previously stated, I am in a 12 team, H2H points league, 4 player keeper. 22 spots on the team, the WW has some value left on it for hitters but really nothing for pitching.

Right now on my bench spots I have Bryce Harper, Brandon Belt, Mike Minor, Derek Holland, Greg Holland.

Jason Kipnis is on the WW for some reason. Do I drop Belt for Kipnis? I have no 2B need since I have Cano and my UTL is Melky Cabrera. So maybe Kipnis could be an upgrade over Cabrera if one breaks out and the other falls back to earth but mostly Kipnis would just be a bench player who I pick him in hopes he becomes a Pedroia like player. Belt has 1B/OF eligibility and I have Hosmer at 1B and OF of Braun, Jennings, Markakis.

Not gonna drop Harper. Just gonna ride him out because I don't want to be the person who drops him in a keeper league and have him come up in June and pull a Braun call up season.

Unless you are going to keep Kipnis, and it does not sound like you are, I would probably not pick him up as you already have Cano and not really any room for him.

'Angry Beavers said:
Unless you are going to keep Kipnis, and it does not sound like you are, I would probably not pick him up as you already have Cano and not really any room for him.
I like Kipnis quite a bit but with those parameters I agree that picking him up really isn't necessary. Hard not to though, I always feel the need to have guys like that even when I don't really need them.

'Doctor Detroit said:
'Angry Beavers said:
I like Kipnis quite a bit but with those parameters I agree that picking him up really isn't necessary. Hard not to though, I always feel the need to have guys like that even when I don't really need them.
I completely understand that urge as well. If I was going to cut someone, I would look at cutting Greg Holland first. How are your other closers? Closers always materalize during the sesaon as well and they are easily enough obtained (depending upon your league paramenters)if you just pay attention to the WW during the season.

Brian Wilson scratched today... Casilla would seem to be next in line as Romo as his own arm problems. SF not yet saying what is wrong with Wilson, if anything, or if he is just pitching in a minor league game.

Brian Wilson scratched today... Casilla would seem to be next in line as Romo as his own arm problems. SF not yet saying what is wrong with Wilson, if anything, or if he is just pitching in a minor league game.
Wilson has had shoulder tightness but pitched well Monday vs KC. We was supposed to pitch today and tomorrow, so that is worrisome. As far as Romo, he's fine. Not sure if it'd be Casilla or Romo if Wilson can't go.ETA: That said I just added Casilla in two of three leagues. In the third league I have Wilson and Romo, oof.

Wilson has had shoulder tightness but pitched well Monday vs KC. We was supposed to pitch today and tomorrow, so that is worrisome. As far as Romo, he's fine. Not sure if it'd be Casilla or Romo if Wilson can't go.ETA: That said I just added Casilla in two of three leagues. In the third league I have Wilson and Romo, oof.
I picked up Casilla in the league I have Wilson as a closer ( 16 team dynasty). Waiting in two other leagues as I have decent closers and limited bench spots. Casilla closed last year when Wilson was hurt at the end of the year, but you never know.

What's the consensus of Lorenzo Cain? He is killing the ball in ST and I read is hitting in the #2 hole for the Royals. In the past that wouldn't be of much notice but with Hosmer/Butler hitting behind, he might be able to rack up some runs. I doubt the ST power is real but can this guy put up a Melky Cabrera-line from last year? .290 20 hrs 30 sbs 80+ Rs or is he just doing a Kila K impression?

What's the consensus of Lorenzo Cain? He is killing the ball in ST and I read is hitting in the #2 hole for the Royals. In the past that wouldn't be of much notice but with Hosmer/Butler hitting behind, he might be able to rack up some runs. I doubt the ST power is real but can this guy put up a Melky Cabrera-line from last year? .290 20 hrs 30 sbs 80+ Rs or is he just doing a Kila K impression?
I'm monitoring, but not picking up.

20 HRs seems wildly optimistic. The other numbers seem possible but are far from a sure thing.

Drafted him in a keeperI'm holding

Somebody dropped Jeff Francoeur so I picked him up for Carlos Lee without checking, but is Francoeur injured or something?

'Doctor Detroit said:
'rascal said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
'rascal said:
Somebody dropped Jeff Francoeur so I picked him up for Carlos Lee without checking, but is Francoeur injured or something?
No, he just stinks.
He may have bad BO, but somebody who hits .270 with 70+runs, 80+rbi, 20 hrs, and 20 steals is a fantasy asset in my book.
Yeah he's done that a total of one year in a row. :thumbup:
a streak has to start somewhere :)he may be worthless this year, but then carlos lee isn't going to do much either as Eephus pointed out.

I'm in a league where can keep players without ever seeing an increase in auction prices. I drafted both Danny Hultzen and Shelby Miller for $1 (thinking that would be a steal keeper price for their careers), but I think I need to cut one of them because I'm short a P in my lineup. If I cut and pick back up later this year, their keeper price would increase to $5. Which would you cut?

I'm in a league where can keep players without ever seeing an increase in auction prices. I drafted both Danny Hultzen and Shelby Miller for $1 (thinking that would be a steal keeper price for their careers), but I think I need to cut one of them because I'm short a P in my lineup. If I cut and pick back up later this year, their keeper price would increase to $5. Which would you cut?
I am holding Hultzen and the fact he'll play his home games in Safeco gives him an advantage over almost everyone, but we know a little more about Miller I think. His K rates and WHIP are steady through his rise through the minors and he's going to be a good fantasy pitcher at some point.Tough to tell with these young pitchers though, both could be aces going forward, one could be great one could suck or both could completely suck. That's what makes sitting on young arms so dicey but with your league rules, you should try.

I am holding Hultzen and the fact he'll play his home games in Safeco gives him an advantage over almost everyone, but we know a little more about Miller I think. His K rates and WHIP are steady through his rise through the minors and he's going to be a good fantasy pitcher at some point.Tough to tell with these young pitchers though, both could be aces going forward, one could be great one could suck or both could completely suck. That's what makes sitting on young arms so dicey but with your league rules, you should try.
Yeah, I don't really want to cut either given the league rules. I'm also holding onto Bryce Harper. I found it hard to resist the allure of cheap keepers during the draft, but I left myself with a short bench until June, or whenever they get called up. Maybe I just hold onto them all, and throw in the towel before this year even starts, as better for me in the long-term.

:confused:He's been drafted in every re-draft league I've seen.:tumbleweed:I've been on his bandwagon since last year.

:confused:He's been drafted in every re-draft league I've seen.:tumbleweed:I've been on his bandwagon since last year.
Rascal said he's monitoring, not picking up.I've got a full cup of the Cain Cool-Aid

Rascal said he's monitoring, not picking up.I've got a full cup of the Cain Cool-Aid
Right...it wasn't necessarily directed at you.:waves:

:shrug:he is available in my 12 team league...although I'm contemplating picking him up and dropping frenchie.

:shrug:he is available in my 12 team league...although I'm contemplating picking him up and dropping frenchie.
I wouldn't contemplate it much longer.

'Annyong said:
I wouldn't contemplate it much longer.
was drafted in my league friday night

Users who are viewing this thread