What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (4 Viewers)

Buxton question for my FBG brothers...

I have him in my home league, kept him for nothing after last season. If I activate him this year, I have him this year then can keep him for 2 more years (2016 and 2017) at $7. If I don't activate him, I can keep him for nothing, activate him next year than keep him in 2017 and 2018 for $7.

I've been bouncing around between 3rd and 6th the last month. League pays out to 5. What say you...should I activate him??

Matt Holliday (need a replacement)

David Dejesus

Kevin Kiermeier

Marcell Ozuna

Carlos Beltra

Steve Pearce

Ellsbury and Werth on the DL

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if it was a guy like Singleton who doesn't have as much upside and could help your team, or an older prospect (24 or older) I'd probably burn the eligibility this year. Buxton seems like a can't miss 5 cat contributor, and he will have some impact this year. There are some years you really want to win a league, if this is one of them then go ahead. But I'd rather have three full years of an elite prospect like Buxton than 2.6.

Leaving him on the reserve list for now. I'm definitely a subscriber to the 'flags fly forever' philosophy, but not sure he'll help me enough to win the title this year.

ETA: Thank you all for your replies.

I resolved my 3 catcher dilemma ( Russell Martin, Evan Gattis, and Johnathan Lucroy ) by cutting Gattis.

Tough decision. Ultimately, I decided Martin is going crazy and Lucroy plays 1B as well, so Gattis it had to be.

Thanks for the replies.

Buxton question for my FBG brothers...

I have him in my home league, kept him for nothing after last season. If I activate him this year, I have him this year then can keep him for 2 more years (2016 and 2017) at $7. If I don't activate him, I can keep him for nothing, activate him next year than keep him in 2017 and 2018 for $7.

I've been bouncing around between 3rd and 6th the last month. League pays out to 5. What say you...should I activate him??
Do not activate.

Time to cut bait on the Harang-utan? He seems to have hit the proverbial wall (or maybe the actual wall).
His pitch FX data doesn't look too bad to me (relative to his past performance, though with where his velocity has been the past few years, even a small change is going to be a problem), but in real life his pitches look really fat.

I picked up Joe Ross a couple days ago because he had a really nice game and I figured he'd stick in the rotation after that. Doesn't look like he is getting another start though. :kicksrock:

Holt is heating up and Farrell said he's gonna stay taking playing time away from Castillo. Eligible almost everywhere
BOOM!

Also Justin Turner is putting up studly numbers and is the everyday 3B, hitting in the middle of the order for a powerful Dodgers lineup and eligible at MI!

Anybody picking up Fister?
Roto, depends where your roster is as far as K's are concerned. H2H, probably worth it. Given his injury, it may turn ugly quick followed by a knife, but at this point in the season I'm sure there's some dead weight on your roster to justify dumping them for him.

Anybody picking up Fister?
Roto, depends where your roster is as far as K's are concerned. H2H, probably worth it. Given his injury, it may turn ugly quick followed by a knife, but at this point in the season I'm sure there's some dead weight on your roster to justify dumping them for him.
Roto....1st in KsHe would be my 5-6 starter

Worth a shot, he looked good in his last rehab start.

shadyridr said:
Holt is heating up and Farrell said he's gonna stay taking playing time away from Castillo. Eligible almost everywhere
BOOM!Also Justin Turner is putting up studly numbers and is the everyday 3B, hitting in the middle of the order for a powerful Dodgers lineup and eligible at MI!
adding to this. In the last 365 days hes#2 in the majors in wRC+ or whatever the #### that is

Wisler's not a dominant guy but he throws strikes and is pretty polished for his age. Given the sad state of the Mets offense he might be worth a look tomorrow.

I picked up Joe Ross a couple days ago because he had a really nice game and I figured he'd stick in the rotation after that. Doesn't look like he is getting another start though. :kicksrock:
Ross is getting the start Saturday. Tanner Roark is being taken out of the rotation and put back in the bullpen to make a spot for him. The problem is Strasburg is going to come off the DL soon and would take Ross' spot. However, with Zimmerman in the final year of his contract, there is talk of trading Zimerman to a contender (possibly the Dodgers). Ross would then take Zimmerman's spot.

So I guess I'll hang onto Ross. If he keeps pitching the way he did last time, I think they must make a spot for him.

Dropped Gregory Polanco in a weekly 12-team H2H points league.

We have pretty short benches and I was actually trying to figure out what to do about 2B (Cano is my starter). I was thinking that maybe I would drop Semien and was looking at Josh Harrison, but then I thought why should I keep Polanco with his OF-only eligibility, when I can have a 3-position guy in Semien plus a 3-position guy in Harrison (2B-3B-OF).

Anyway, now my OF is Bautista, Pollock and Calhoun, with Harrison as a backup.

Will I regret dropping Polanco? He is sitting almost all the time against lefties, which is a challenge in a weekly league.

Will I regret dropping Polanco? He is sitting almost all the time against lefties, which is a challenge in a weekly league.
It depends on your league's scoring, but probably not. The steals make him a roto commodity, but unless they're worth a ton of points in your league he's probably nothing special.

Dropped Gregory Polanco in a weekly 12-team H2H points league.

We have pretty short benches and I was actually trying to figure out what to do about 2B (Cano is my starter). I was thinking that maybe I would drop Semien and was looking at Josh Harrison, but then I thought why should I keep Polanco with his OF-only eligibility, when I can have a 3-position guy in Semien plus a 3-position guy in Harrison (2B-3B-OF).

Anyway, now my OF is Bautista, Pollock and Calhoun, with Harrison as a backup.

I think you're fine. I'm considering the same thing. Drop bench guys who are more productive for guys who can play multiple positions.

Brad Miller (Seattle) is sitting in the Free Agent pool in my league and I'm considering him. He's only batting .233 but he has 6 homers already and will set a career high in home runs this year. Might hit 20 this year. In Yahoo he can play 2B 3B and OF. If he could push that average up a little bit more he'd be really valuable as a bench guy. I'm letting him sit in the free agent pool for now but he he gets on a roll I'll roster him.

I haven Semien and Harrison on my team as well. I've moved Harrison around to spot start for slumping guys. I benched Semien last week but I plugged him back in this week and he's hitting again.

Domingo Santana was only supposed to be up for a few days with Rasmus on bereavement leave but now that Marisnick is on the DL, he will be getting some additional playing time.

Worth a look, imo.

Ross is getting the start Saturday. Tanner Roark is being taken out of the rotation and put back in the bullpen to make a spot for him. The problem is Strasburg is going to come off the DL soon and would take Ross' spot. However, with Zimmerman in the final year of his contract, there is talk of trading Zimerman to a contender (possibly the Dodgers). Ross would then take Zimmerman's spot.

So I guess I'll hang onto Ross. If he keeps pitching the way he did last time, I think they must make a spot for him.
pitching tonight, not tomorrow.

Polanco's BB% - K% - OSw% in April, May, June

April - 3.7 / 26.8 / 33.2

May - 11.3 / 17.0 / 28.2

June - 8.3 / 16.7 / 29.7

I don't know how to see the game log by handedness of pitcher, but from following him on my team, I think that his start against a lefty this week was the first in about 4 weeks.

His average vs. lefties is .156 in 33 PA, with 13 Ks.

edit: out of 278 players with 30 PA against lefties this year, he is number 273 in wOBA.

Any SS I should be keeping an eye on? Had Cozart, but he's toast. All I have left is Andrus
Kang

Seager

Brad Miller and Chris Owings seem to have good upside, but unclear if/when they will ever get there.
Miller has righted the ship a bit since his horrendous first half of 2014. I think he still has enough pop and speed to have a decent fantasy season some year but this doesn't seem like it's it.

Owings is performing his homage to Miller's 2014
Both these guys are horrible against lefties. 5th from last and dead last in wOBA among 278 players with 30 PAs vs. lefty.

I grabbed Kennys Vargas in my home league last week to watch and see and play him on off days. 4-4 with a homer and 4 RBI tonight.

If he is getting consistent playing time, he's worth a look if you need an influx of power with upside.

Users who are viewing this thread