What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (2 Viewers)

'the moops said:
'scrumptrulescent said:
'the moops said:
'scrumptrulescent said:
What to do about Allen Craig?
Start him
That may get you 0 stats the rest of the weekend.In a H2H weekly league, he's a dangerous option.
OK. Then sit him.
Thanks. You've been helpful.
The ABs aren't there unless Beltran, Berkman or Holliday gets injured. Matt Carpenter is a cut-rate version of Craig in deeper leagues.

Andy Dirks was in the 2-hole for DET last night. It might be coming time to take some that "mediocre OF batting in front of Miggy/Prince" excitement that was directed at Boesch and send it Dirks' way.It probably won't last, but he's got a little speed and a little pop. Might be worth a flyer.
flyer taken

'the moops said:
'scrumptrulescent said:
'the moops said:
'scrumptrulescent said:
Start him
That may get you 0 stats the rest of the weekend.In a H2H weekly league, he's a dangerous option.
OK. Then sit him.
The ABs aren't there unless Beltran, Berkman or Holliday gets injured. Matt Carpenter is a cut-rate version of Craig in deeper leagues.
3 old guys that could use one day off per week, throw Craig in at 2nd two more days per week and have him as a late inning bench bat in the other game or two. Theoritcally, I think this makes the most sense. We'll see if St Louis agrees...

'the moops said:
'scrumptrulescent said:
'the moops said:
'scrumptrulescent said:
Start him
OK. Then sit him.
3 old guys that could use one day off per week, throw Craig in at 2nd two more days per week and have him as a late inning bench bat in the other game or two. Theoritcally, I think this makes the most sense. We'll see if St Louis agrees...
He's not really a 2B.

What are we doing with Ubaldo? I was close to dropping him but benched him against Texas, then was pumped for tonight's matchup.

pumped for the bosox?
Why, are they any good?I didn't actually mean pumped for this specific matchup, but meant I was pumped to get him back in my lineup after his last outing.Anyone think he's worth holding in a 16 team super league?

pumped for the bosox?
Why, are they any good?I didn't actually mean pumped for this specific matchup, but meant I was pumped to get him back in my lineup after his last outing.Anyone think he's worth holding in a 16 team super league?
they stink but their offense is good especially in fenway. but i thought you meant for this matchup. i thought i read his last start vs tex was all smoke and mirrors. id have no problem droping him

pumped for the bosox?
they stink but their offense is good especially in fenway. but i thought you meant for this matchup. i thought i read his last start vs tex was all smoke and mirrors. id have no problem droping him
What did you read? I know he still had 5 walks, but only 2 hits 6 K in 7 innings.

pumped for the bosox?
Why, are they any good?I didn't actually mean pumped for this specific matchup, but meant I was pumped to get him back in my lineup after his last outing.

Anyone think he's worth holding in a 16 team super league?
What did you read? I know he still had 5 walks, but only 2 hits 6 K in 7 innings.
One of those things is fluky, the other two are not.

'proninja said:
What on earth do I do with Paul Goldschmidt? I want to drop him, but I'm terrified that the minute I do he's going to get out of this platoon with Lyle freakin' Overbay and turn into a monster.
I dropped him for LaRoche, but I'm keeping a close eye. With all of my injuries I can't afford to have a worthless hitter at this present time.

'proninja said:
What on earth do I do with Paul Goldschmidt? I want to drop him, but I'm terrified that the minute I do he's going to get out of this platoon with Lyle freakin' Overbay and turn into a monster.
I dropped him a long time ago. If you drop him, it's doubtful another team scoops him up.

Picked up Nieuwenhuis in my keeper, gonna see how this plays out but the guy seems to have a knack for getting on base. Better option as the #2 guy in the order on a decent hitting team than some other WW fodder.

Is Doumit just having a couple good weeks or is he a half decent catcher? Worth dropping Soto for him?
Doumit is a good hitter and is getting more AB with Mauer playing more 1b and DH.......that might change if Morneau could ever stay on the field but I would rather play Doumit than Soto

'shuke said:
'shadyridr said:
'shuke said:
'shadyridr said:
pumped for the bosox?
I just dropped him in a 14 team roto league. Let him be someone elses problem. Ugh.

'proninja said:
'SouthJersey said:
Is Doumit just having a couple good weeks or is he a half decent catcher? Worth dropping Soto for him?
Doumit isn't playing much catcher. I like his chances to put up stats in the second half better than players who are actually catching.
He is pretty much the twins offense (along with willingham). Gardy will keep his bat in the lineup somehow.

Hosmer and Beckett were both dropped in my league. Should I bother picking them up? Should I pick up Santos and just have a wasted roster spot till he comes off the DL (only 2 DL spots allocated and both are taken).

h2h 12 team with yahoo scoring

C: Yadier Molina

1B: Joey Votto

2B: Dan Uggla

SS: Hanley Ramirez

3B: Will Middlebrooks

OF: Andrew McCutchen, Desmond Jennings, Adam Jones

UTL: Mike Trout, Bryan LaHair

Bench: Adam LaRoche

2SP: Jon Lester, Yovani Gallardo

2RP: David Robertson, Jim Johnson

4P: Ricky Romero, Max Scherzer, Matt Moore, Jamie Garcia, Justin Masterson, Derek Holland, Jarrod Parker, Addison Reed

DL: Evan Longoria, Brett Gardner

Last edited by a moderator:
Bernadina or Andres Torres?
Torres plays well for a week, goes into a two week slump then pulls his labia and is out 20 days. Rinse and repeat every 45 days for the entire season.
Much more versed in Roger since I've owned him a couple of times. Seems like a tease.... just dropped Fowler, seems like the same player. Knew AT did a DL stint already this year, but didn't realize it was a habitual thing

Bernadina or Andres Torres?
I'd give Bernadina a try......at least he'll play every day.
Torres is a switch hitter but LHB vs RHP has always been his stronger side. In a very smalll sample, he's doing better the other way this year. If he hits lefties enough to stay in the lineup, he'll do better than the Shark in the counting categories.Bernadina is going to sit against most LHP in favor of Nady, Tyler Moore, De Rosa or whoever.

In a redraft would you drop Bryce Harper to pick up Allen Craig?
Can you trade off Harper for something else to an owner who only watches ESPN and therefore is tight in the pants for Harper?
Doubt I could get much value in return. In a 10 team league with shallow benches (only allowed to carry 15 hitters total) and on top of it most guys only make trades if they find someone who is desperate and willing to overpay.

Depends on what your categorical needs areI would guess right now that ROSCraig better for HR and BAvgHarper better for R, RBI, SB
I'm in a points league. You get a point for everything you do. single = 1 point. Homer = 6 points (4 for each base you touch plus 1 for a run and 1 for a rbi).Does Berkman's return affect Craigs ABs?

Depends on what your categorical needs areI would guess right now that ROSCraig better for HR and BAvgHarper better for R, RBI, SB
I'm in a points league. You get a point for everything you do. single = 1 point. Homer = 6 points (4 for each base you touch plus 1 for a run and 1 for a rbi).Does Berkman's return affect Craigs ABs?
I've read conflicting reports. The manager says they need to get Craig rest and make sure not to overplay him. I'm guessing that's because of his knee. But also most sites I read state that the Cards have to play him because of his bat. Guys like Berkman, Holliday, and Beltran will need plenty of rest. I've heard something like 4 starts per week for Craig. That may actually be enough to put up better stats than a guy who starts 6/7 times per week based on how Craig's been hitting so far.

Can you trade off Harper for something else to an owner who only watches ESPN and therefore is tight in the pants for Harper?
Doubt I could get much value in return. In a 10 team league with shallow benches (only allowed to carry 15 hitters total) and on top of it most guys only make trades if they find someone who is desperate and willing to overpay.
Yeah but some of the Booyah crowd think he's awesome. I had a guy offer him to me straight up for Darvish....and I think he seriously thought it was fair.

Will Desmond Jennings actually hit the DL for his injury?
no news on this so far today :wall:edit to add:Rays not expected to make any roster moved today, so they are apparently giving this one more day. I am waiting to see if by some miracle he is in the starting lineup this evening before benching him for the week. I am not sure what else you can do at this point.2nd edit:Jennings out of the lineup tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
Carlos Beltran is not in Monday's lineup.It's just a routine day off for Beltran, who is batting .298/.406/.653 with 13 homers and 32 RBI in 33 games this year for the Cardinals. Allen Craig will start in right field and bat cleanup against the visiting Cubs.
Yesterday it was Holliday, today Beltran.

Users who are viewing this thread