What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (2 Viewers)

Not sure what the upside is, but Odubel is quietly off to a really good start. 13 BB's already (13 K's). A mini-breakout from a 24 YO and slight uptick from last year in the SB dept. would make for a pretty useful outfielder. 

Not sure what the upside is, but Odubel is quietly off to a really good start. 13 BB's already (13 K's). A mini-breakout from a 24 YO and slight uptick from last year in the SB dept. would make for a pretty useful outfielder. 
Big fan. :homer:  The club asked him to be more selective at the plate this year and he responded by being among the league leaders in pitches per ab and BBs. When he draws a walk after a tough AB he spins around and claps his hands and gets all fired up, really takes pride in it. The announcers get a big kick out of it. He's not as friendly in an BA league and the Phils are struggling to score runs, but he should be a solid 5 category producer in an OBP league. 20/20 possibility and plenty of opportunities for counting stats since he's always in the top 3 in the order. Go get yourself some shares!

He was my first pickup after the draft. I was surprised nobody took him. Had him for a while last year and he was always good to plug in when I was in a pinch. And he's been fine so far this season. Little bit of pop in his bat too.

How solid of a hold is Dozier? Gennett is sitting on my waiver wire just begging for me to break my no-Brewers rule. 

Don't be silly , it's too early . Holt tight
We're rapidly approaching 4 months of this. His OPS in the 2nd half last year was .639 and it's worse through the first 2.5 weeks of this year. While I'm not sure Gennett is the alternative, I wouldn't be optimistic about Dozier going forward.

We're rapidly approaching 4 months of this. His OPS in the 2nd half last year was .639 and it's worse through the first 2.5 weeks of this year. While I'm not sure Gennett is the alternative, I wouldn't be optimistic about Dozier going forward.
True but Scooter Gennett :shrug:

Latos any good? Guy seems to be dealing. 
Rotoworld says probably not...

Marvelous Mat

The $3 million investment the White Sox made in Mat Latos in February is paying early dividends.

Latos strung together his third straight impressive start on Tuesday, holding the Angels off the scoreboard and limiting them to just two hits and three walks over 6 1/3 innings of work. It was the third victory in a row to kick off the season for the veteran right-hander, and he’s somehow managed to give up only six hits and one run over his first 18 1/3 frames.

Latos flamed out with three different teams last season, posting a 4.95 ERA between the Marlins, Dodgers and Angels. He’s also drawn plenty of criticism for his prickly persona and poor clubhouse presence. Thus, it wasn’t terribly surprising that, despite being a 28-year-old with a career 3.48 ERA, Latos was still on the market in February and ultimately settled for a modest one-year contract. However, it looks like other teams missed the boat by passing on Latos, right? Well, I’m not so sure.

It might be too early to decipher anything definitively here, but my hunch is that we could be looking at some fool’s gold. First let’s examine Latos’ opponents so far. All three teams he’s faced rank 20th or lower in runs scored, with the Angels coming in 20th, the A’s 27th and the Twins 29th. He permitted just six total hits to those three struggling offenses, and just two of them went for extra bases. That kind of BABIP luck simply isn’t going to continue, especially when Latos goes up against better offenses. The next three clubs he’s currently lined up to face, the Rangers, Orioles and Red Sox, rank seventh, eighth and ninth in runs scored so far, respectively.

Probably a bigger worry for me than Latos simply getting lucky so far has been his velocity. The right-hander’s velocity was actually up a bit last season compared to 2014 when he dealt with elbow issues. This year, however, the velocity has bottomed out, as BrooksBaseball.net has him at 90.45 mph so far in April. That’s easily the lowest velocity during any month of his career.

Now, it’s possible Latos can learn to pitch with reduced velocity, if in fact his heater never returns to previous levels. I’m not betting on it, though. I’m looking at a guy who is displaying career-low velocity, a poor strikeout rate and a BABIP that’s bound to regress to the mean. Not to mention, he also pitches his home games at U.S. Cellular and is set to spend his first full season in the American League. The shiny 0.49 ERA is tempting, but fantasy owners might be best off passing on Latos.

Have room for one pitching prospect. Who do you like for this year?

Snell, Urias, Giolito, Manaea
Manaea probably up first, but Giolito probably has the best stats at the end of the year even in fewer innings - his division does include the Marlins, Phillies and Braves.

If you have pitchers on your roster that you're afraid to start against the Padres, you might as well drop them.  :shrug:
Normally I agree with you, but this guy was an absolute ace not too long ago. He gets a longer leash. If he gets destroyed I'm going to put some serious thought into canning him. 

Also so my pitching staff is horrid. 

Shaw or Castellanos? Redraft Roto. I'm a fan of the dual positions for Shaw and they both have about the same counting stats right now. Also, is Aaron Sanchez a hold? 

Dropped 25% on Honey Nut. Felt pretty stupid doing it, as I drafted him then dropped him a week ago.  Don't really care about the money though (I normally drain the FAAB by July 1 anyway). Now, I have to figure out how much I just inflated the price on Manaea.

Users who are viewing this thread