Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana?

13 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

I'm kinda glad runs/ERA are way up and the pitching pool is back to sucking balls.  I think fantasy players have had it too easy the past few years, now it's not just drafting a bunch of 12th round type guys and you're set.  Keuchal, Cole, King Felix, Archer, Wainwright, Garcia, Iwakuma, Ventura, and Gio have all been total crap with de Grom, Price and TiJuan Walker not a lot better .  The guys that were supposed to be the top guys are, but now the guys who were #2s and 3s are not guys with 1 upside. 

The guys with upside this year are all guys that weren't drafted at all, or were very late round picks like Lackey, Pomeranz, Shoemaker, Rich Hill, Steven Wright, Marco Estrada, Michael Fulmer, and JA Happ.  Some of those might have regression awaiting them, but they came cheap anyway so you move onto the next guy. 

It's been rough, but the parity on the 5 pitching stats in my league has been crazy this season. We went through about a 2-month stretch where every team had an ERA between 3.25 and 3.80 and a WHIP between 1.15 and 1.20. Categories are finally starting to show some disparity now, but with guys like Matz, Syndergaard, Stras, Felix, etc. being iffy, it's anyone's game down the stretch. Hard to believe my best draft pick on the pitching side was Kyle ####### Hendricks.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because of the way the Cubs employ Rizzo in the field in obvious bunt situations, he now has two official games as a  2Bman. Three more and he gets 2B in yahoo. 

Way to tim up the thread

If you have pitchers on your roster that you're afraid to start against the Padres, you might as well drop them. 

On 6/28/2016 at 8:58 AM, Peyton Marino said:

been a brutal year to stream pitching.  have to #trusttheprocess

#####ScottKazmir

Been streaming Pineda and Guerra..... Been working out great

But yea, I've been getting lucky

Edited by Mitch Robbins
2 hours ago, Bobcat10 said:

Confirmed?  I think Soria has a shot here.

I would agree that Soria has a shot here and did the job before, but I do think that Herrera clearly has the inside track given his ridiculous numbers. Herrera is the far more dominant of the two at this point in their careers. 

1 hour ago, fred_1_15301 said:
2 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

Glad I added Bundy before today.

Whoa.

is he going to be in the rotation soon?

I was thinking today it's only a matter of time with the brutal O's rotation.  It's Tillman, Gausman and a bunch of guys you could DFA and no one would ever pick up.  I think he's worth a speculative add in deep leagues to see if Buck puts him in the rotation over the all-star break. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

I was thinking today it's only a matter of time with the brutal O's rotation.  It's Tillman, Gausman and a bunch of guys you could DFA and no one would ever pick up.  I think he's worth a speculative add in deep leagues to see if Buck puts him in the rotation over the all-star break. 

They have him pitching every 4-6 games in a starters routine but he's throwing 2-3 innings. No way he throws more than 100 innings this year .

37 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

They have him pitching every 4-6 games in a starters routine but he's throwing 2-3 innings. No way he throws more than 100 innings this year .

Your face threw two innings and gave up five earned runs.  :bye:

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Your face threw two innings and gave up five earned runs.  :bye:

:hot:

I don't come here to be made sport of . Listen here  you ####### fringe , if  I throw a dog a bone I don't want to know if it tastes good or not

I know Chris Archer's season has been a ####storm, but if he's sitting out there on the WW, you have to grab him and stash him on your bench for a little while to see if he figures it out.

AMIRIGHT? 12 team league?

Edited by Limp Ditka
5 minutes ago, Limp Ditka said:

I know Chris Archer's season has been a ####storm, but if he's sitting out there on the WW, you have to grab him and stash him on your bench for a little while to see if he figures it out.

AMIRIGHT? 12 team league?

yes

Looking for a young waiver wire arm, not a prospect, with a smidge of upside here in the 2nd half where maybe they have some future value come Sept.  Any of these guys worth a flier?  

John Lamb, Matt Boyd, Colin Rea, Luis Perdomo, Tyler Anderson...

14 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

Looking for a young waiver wire arm, not a prospect, with a smidge of upside here in the 2nd half where maybe they have some future value come Sept.  Any of these guys worth a flier?  

John Lamb, Matt Boyd, Colin Rea, Luis Perdomo, Tyler Anderson...

If he didn't pitch in Coors I'd gamble on Anderson.  

Since he does, right or wrong, I haven't quit John Lamb (yet).  Easy to explain the slow start, coming back from offseason surgery.  He has the one recent blow-up, but for the most part he's been alright since June 1 + the K's have really come back over the last 5 (one of them being against the Cubs).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Knucklebabies said:

Drop Kim or Naquin?

I'd personally keep Naquin for now.

Bregman apparently getting the call soon. According to Jim Bowden

Houston Astros are expected to call-up top prospect Alex Bregman as early as this weekend according to sources... es.pn/29HuFPh

Need some help in the saves dept of a 5x5 8 team (I know, I know) league.  Here's my RP right now:

Roberto Osuna RP | TOR
A.J. Ramos RP | MIA
Brad Boxberger RP | TB (DL)
Brandon Kintzler RP | MIN 
Carlos Estevez RP | COL
Tony Cingrani RP | CIN

Maurer is available - but is there anyone else i should be looking out for?