Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because of the way the Cubs employ Rizzo in the field in obvious bunt situations, he now has two official games as a  2Bman. Three more and he gets 2B in yahoo. 

Way to tim up the thread

If you have pitchers on your roster that you're afraid to start against the Padres, you might as well drop them. 

1 hour ago, Peyton Marino said:

this alex dickerson (corey's brother) fellow is doing some nice things for the fathers of san diego.

Tempted to drop Dahl for him.

8 hours ago, Good Posting Judge said:
10 hours ago, pantagrapher said:

Tempted to drop Dahl for him.

Any other options?

Yeah I'm not sure I'd do that either.  If Cargo or Blackmon get traded, Dahl is going to play every day and his near-term ceiling is probably quite a bit higher.  Dickerson had pretty good MiLB numbers, but this may be a case of pitchers unfamiliar with him.  His weaknesses may be identified pretty quick, although he is very tempting to grab hoping he's Adam Duvall II, Electric Boogaloo. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Yeah I'm not sure I'd do that either.  If Cargo or Blackmon get traded, Dahl is going to play every day and his near-term ceiling is probably quite a bit higher.  Dickerson had pretty good MiLB numbers, but this may be a case of pitchers unfamiliar with him.  His weaknesses may be identified pretty quick, although he is very tempting to grab hoping he's Adam Duvall II, Electric Boogaloo. 

Fun fact: Alex Dickerson's nickname is "Grandpa." Also he grew up in San Diego!

His strikeout/whiff numbers from AAA this year are encouraging. 

ETA: Errrmurrrrgurrrrrd: http://m.mlb.com/news/article/192025624/padres-hit-three-hrs-in-win-over-blue-jays/

Edited by Good Posting Judge
7 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Sticking with Dahl, for now. Thanks for the info.

So, is Harper going to get back into a discussion of best player in baseball, or is he going to become our generation's Norm Cash?  I'm wondering if it's the latter... solid, cuspy HoF player with one crushing early season.

20 minutes ago, Koya said:

So, is Harper going to get back into a discussion of best player in baseball, or is he going to become our generation's Norm Cash?  I'm wondering if it's the latter... solid, cuspy HoF player with one crushing early season.

He's 23 :shrug:

3 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

So he's done?

Norm had a damn good career after his 1.14 OPS / 201 OPS+ showing in his third full time season.  His prior and following year averaged about .270/.390/.500 - not far from his overall career averages.  He never again came CLOSE to that season, but was hardly done a few years into his young career.  

Honestly, is it that far from possibility that Harper bats at or just below .900 OPS for the rest of his career? Even that will necessitate a significant improvement from this year, then stability in performance and health.  Heck, what would the odds be, and I'd be inclined to take the under on anything much more than that.

While a semi-clown fishing question there is a strong kernel of truth here - could one of the all time great seasons obscure and have us proclaim a king too early?  Look at Cashs BBR page and his early years and look at Harpers... is it that crazy a possibility?

58 minutes ago, Koya said:

Norm had a damn good career after his 1.14 OPS / 201 OPS+ showing in his third full time season.  His prior and following year averaged about .270/.390/.500 - not far from his overall career averages.  He never again came CLOSE to that season, but was hardly done a few years into his young career.  

Honestly, is it that far from possibility that Harper bats at or just below .900 OPS for the rest of his career? Even that will necessitate a significant improvement from this year, then stability in performance and health.  Heck, what would the odds be, and I'd be inclined to take the under on anything much more than that.

While a semi-clown fishing question there is a strong kernel of truth here - could one of the all time great seasons obscure and have us proclaim a king too early?  Look at Cashs BBR page and his early years and look at Harpers... is it that crazy a possibility?

Given his talent, probably yes :shrug: 

6 hours ago, Koya said:

What gave you the swell idea to post this in this thread?  Are you dropping him in a league? 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

What gave you the swell idea to post this in this thread?  Are you dropping him in a league? 

Asking when he is expected to rebound to become otherworldly as opposed to pretty darn good.  The rest is window dressing.

On 7/28/2016 at 0:14 PM, Good Posting Judge said:

There are already rumblings of Cargo moving to 1B.

Is it me or are the Rockies kinda on the verge of not sucking?

shhhhh....

18 hours ago, Koya said:

in that case, drop Colin Rea. :-/

And to think...MOP didn't even get the last button on his brand new Rea jersey buttoned 

Edited by Limp Ditka
  • Like 1
On 7/7/2016 at 0:26 AM, HellToupee said:
On 7/6/2016 at 11:34 PM, Doctor Detroit said:

I was thinking today it's only a matter of time with the brutal O's rotation.  It's Tillman, Gausman and a bunch of guys you could DFA and no one would ever pick up.  I think he's worth a speculative add in deep leagues to see if Buck puts him in the rotation over the all-star break. 

They have him pitching every 4-6 games in a starters routine but he's throwing 2-3 innings. No way he throws more than 100 innings this year .

:coffee:

4 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

:coffee:

I love Bundy . Love him . L.O.V.E. him. But I fear they are going to ruin him for good. What we are seeing now I thought would have been coming in 2017. 

:excited:. Wait until he's throwing the double plus cutter more

14 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

This kid worth adding?

In daily, maybe.  I'm not, but I don't think I have anyone worth dropping.  Although looking at Heyward made me think about it.  Weekly will be tough if he sits vs. lefties.  He only has 263 PA's above A ball and while they were good ones it isn't like he's been other worldly.  

26 minutes ago, Good Posting Judge said:
52 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

Any of you added Jankowski?  He's essentially a 2 category player, but he's killing it recently for steals and runs.  

What's going on over there? Dickerson? Shrimpf? SOLARTE!?!?

Yeah all productive players in fantasy for sure.  I missed the Jankowski boat, wish I hadn't because I need steals in 3 of 5 leagues. 

On 8/6/2016 at 1:00 AM, Doctor Detroit said:

Yeah all productive players in fantasy for sure.  I missed the Jankowski boat, wish I hadn't because I need steals in 3 of 5 leagues. 

I find it insane I am starting 3 Padres I did not have when the year started: Dickerson, Jankowski and Solarte. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Angry Beavers said:
On 8/6/2016 at 1:00 AM, Doctor Detroit said:

I find it insane I am starting 3 Padres I did not have when the year started: Dickerson, Jankowski and Solarte.

I've been picking up and dropping Solarte all year because of his health stuff.  His position eligibility, .856 OPS and his good k/BB numbers makes him good for both roto and H2H.