What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (1 Viewer)

How would you rank Peralta, Melancon, Jim Johnson, and Holland for saves this week and then for the rest of the year. I have nobody right now and would probably drop Nolasco or Rios since Utley hasn't gone on the DL yet.

How would you rank Peralta, Melancon, Jim Johnson, and Holland for saves this week and then for the rest of the year. I have nobody right now and would probably drop Nolasco or Rios since Utley hasn't gone on the DL yet.
good question. WTF knows. If I had to guess:PeraltaJohnsonHollandMelancon

good question. WTF knows. If I had to guess:PeraltaJohnsonHollandMelancon
Johnson is the only one of the four with a clearly defined role. Holland probably has to wait for Broxton to fail and Peralta/Melancon are renting the job until more facts are known about Farnsworth/Bailey.

Two of my three closers are on the DL. What fun. I will just have to punt the SV category for a spell.

yahoo sucks. Apparently, Utley, howard, and contreras won't listed as DL candidates and instead will list them as N/A. That makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in Disneyworld so missed my draft, autodraft seemed to forget that I needed SPs. First, how screwed am I, and second, do I make this trade?I send Alex Gordon for Brandon Belt, Delmon Young, and Jurrjens.

C Matt Wieters, Bal C 1B Joey Votto, Cin 1B 2B Robinson Cano, NYY 2B 3B Adrian Beltre, Tex 3B SS Marco Scutaro, Col SS OF Matt Holliday, StL OF OF Alex Gordon, KC OF OF Ben Zobrist, TB 2B, OF UTIL Shin-Soo Choo, Cle OF Bench Carlos Pena, TB 1B Bench Colby Rasmus, Tor OF Bench Aaron Hill, Ari 2B P Matt Garza, ChC SP P Jordan Zimmermann, Wsh SP P Joel Hanrahan, Pit RP P Cory Luebke, SD SP, RP P Andrew Bailey, Bos RP P Kyle Farnsworth, TB RP Bench Chris Carpenter*, StL SP Bench Jonathan Sanchez, KC SP Bench Edwin Jackson, Wsh SP DL Scott Baker*, Min SP

I dont think your SP is that bad. That trade wont help you cuz Jurrjens would be your worst SP besides Sanchez. Gordon is worth much more than that. Id try to trade Cano for a stud SP and a lower end OF. Then move Zobrist to 2B. Also theres gotta be a few decent SP you can add off waivers.

Id try to trade Cano for a stud SP and a lower end OF. Then move Zobrist to 2B. Also theres gotta be a few decent SP you can add off waivers.
I was going to suggest this too. Although, I'd probably first check and see what SP I could fetch for Zobrist. Look for a team that's weak at 2B and make an offer. What's the WW look like?

h2h 12 team with yahoo scoring

C: Yadier Molina

1B: Joey Votto

2B: Dan Uggla

SS: Hanley Ramirez

3B: Evan Longoria

OF: Andrew McCutchen, Desmond Jennings, Adam Jones

UTL: Mark Reynolds, Paul Goldschmidt

SP: Jon Lester, Yovani Gallardo

RP: Jim Johnson, Alfredo Aceves

P: Matt Moore, Ricky Romero, Max Scherzer, Jamie Garcia,

Bench: Adam Dunn, Jeff Francoeur, Justin Masterson, Alex Rios, Derek Holland

DL: Chase Utley

Assuming Yost names a closer, who do recommend I drop? I'm thinking Francoeur or Rios.

yahoo sucks. Apparently, Utley, howard, and contreras won't listed as DL candidates and instead will list them as N/A. That makes no sense.
Crawford, too. It's odd, especially since guys like Brett Anderson and Rubby de la Rosa are listed DL. This link on the league page doesn't seem to explain the distinction here. Are those guys not on their official team DL until opening day? I know that's the case with, e.g., BJ Upton.
yahoo has added both Utley and Upton...not ure on Howard

Crawford, too. It's odd, especially since guys like Brett Anderson and Rubby de la Rosa are listed DL. This link on the league page doesn't seem to explain the distinction here. Are those guys not on their official team DL until opening day? I know that's the case with, e.g., BJ Upton.
yahoo has added both Utley and Upton...not ure on Howard
Yup. They added Howard as well.

h2h 12 team with yahoo scoringC: Yadier Molina1B: Joey Votto2B: Dan UgglaSS: Hanley Ramirez3B: Evan LongoriaOF: Andrew McCutchen, Desmond Jennings, Adam JonesUTL: Mark Reynolds, Paul GoldschmidtSP: Jon Lester, Yovani GallardoRP: Jim Johnson, Alfredo AcevesP: Matt Moore, Ricky Romero, Max Scherzer, Jamie Garcia,Bench: Adam Dunn, Jeff Francoeur, Justin Masterson, Alex Rios, Derek HollandDL: Chase UtleyAssuming Yost names a closer, who do recommend I drop? I'm thinking Francoeur or Rios.
id drop francouer before Rios

Id try to trade Cano for a stud SP and a lower end OF. Then move Zobrist to 2B. Also theres gotta be a few decent SP you can add off waivers.
I was going to suggest this too. Although, I'd probably first check and see what SP I could fetch for Zobrist. Look for a team that's weak at 2B and make an offer. What's the WW look like?
Thanks guys.I have Johann Santana #1 on my list. Also considering:Pavano, Jacin, Lohse, Hughes, and Westbrook.I don't like Scutaro at SS and want to pick up the kid in KC.Received this offer today:Alex GordonforMelky Cabrera (he knows I'm a SF homer)Johnny Cueto

Is Josh Donaldson worth picking up for the bench as a possible #2 catcher?

Looks like he'll get a lot of AB's as the man at 3rd.

Is Josh Donaldson worth picking up for the bench as a possible #2 catcher?Looks like he'll get a lot of AB's as the man at 3rd.
In a 2 catcher AL only league? sure. Otherwise, not so much.
He has value in 2 C mixed leagues, without looking I'm sure there are more than a half dozen teams with worse catchers than Donaldson. I wouldn't want to go into the season with him as my 2nd catcher, but if my bench is deep enough I'd make room for him as my #3. if not, I'd flag him and if I have a catcher that sucks or gets injured I'd dial him up.

Is Josh Donaldson worth picking up for the bench as a possible #2 catcher?Looks like he'll get a lot of AB's as the man at 3rd.
In a 2 catcher AL only league? sure. Otherwise, not so much.
He has value in 2 C mixed leagues, without looking I'm sure there are more than a half dozen teams with worse catchers than Donaldson. I wouldn't want to go into the season with him as my 2nd catcher, but if my bench is deep enough I'd make room for him as my #3. if not, I'd flag him and if I have a catcher that sucks or gets injured I'd dial him up.
Yeah, I just dropped Andres Torres for him. Considering I have Hundley and Mesoraco as my two catchers, I'm going to have to stay aggressive at the position to find a possible replacement.

Thanks guys.I have Johann Santana #1 on my list. Also considering:Pavano, Jacin, Lohse, Hughes, and Westbrook.I don't like Scutaro at SS and want to pick up the kid in KC.Received this offer today:Alex GordonforMelky Cabrera (he knows I'm a SF homer)Johnny Cueto
Stick with Gordon and unless you have a speed deficit Scutaro is a better option than Alcides.Re ww, I'd take the flier on Chacin before Johan. Good raw #'s today, but I don't think he had a single pitch at 90+. I'd let someone else have him.

What is a good predicton for Belt since he made the roster? I don't understand the Giants handling of him at all.

'5Rings said:
I can't stress enough how terrible this trade is for you.

Any thoughts on Josh Reddick? I think I might add him.

He seems overlooked amidst Cespedesteryia, but he's off to a nice start too. He's batted 3rd for 2 days in a row, which is a good thing, even in OAK, especially if it means batting front of the 2012 AL MVP.

He's 25 with some really nice power numbers in the minors (.500 SLG) and in limited time in BOS last year (.457 in 254 ABs).

It looks like he likes to take a walk even less than Cespedes though. That Billy Beane. Zigging when everyone else is zaggin.

I'll take a flyer on him. Some pop with a good chance for a lot of ABs and a nice line-up slot.

Adam LaRoche appears to be back. If I didn't already own Votto, Dunn, and Goldy I might pick him up.

Who's the better WW pickup in a 12 team H2H?BedardBurnettPeaveyArrietaHammelClayton RichardVargas
Bedard seems to be a decent play. I loved Arrieta as a breakout guy this year, but only drafted him in the WIS league.Richard is WW material at all times, going from roster to roster for spot starts. Peavy always hurt, Hammel only reliable vs Twins, Burnett is solid but much like Richard and Vargas I don't know a lot about.

'Thunderlips said:
Who's the better WW pickup in a 12 team H2H?BedardBurnettPeaveyArrietaHammelClayton RichardVargas
Right now? Bedard or Peavy, I'd trend towards the NL arm. Obviously you can't trust either of them to stay healthy and that's what is most important in H2H as you need the best team in September, so depending on how your team looks and if it's a weekly or daily league but I'd be tempted by Vargas and just start him when plays at home.

Rank these 1B rest of the year:

Goldschmidt

Encarnacion

LaRoche

LaHair

Im currently starting 2 of these guys and the other 2 are available on waivers :mellow:

Added Trevor Bauer yesterday... Was going to wait until a little later and closer to when he will get called up but with Collmenter looking bad, figured I would beat the rush. Still might drop him later on but my plan right now is hoping he gets called up in the beginning of May.

Rank these 1B rest of the year:GoldschmidtEncarnacionLaRocheLaHairIm currently starting 2 of these guys and the other 2 are available on waivers :mellow:
I'd probably go:Goldschmidt, by a wide marginLaRocheLaHairEncarnacion
I'd move Encarnacion ahead of LaHair.
I could see that. I'm just tired of E5. Outside of the 3B eligiblity, I'd just rather with the "devil we don't know" in LaHair. Maybe he's a career minor-leaguer who'll be supplanted by Rizzo in a month? Maybe not. Either way, I'm okay passing up the chance for an E5 breakout to find out about LaHair.Obviously, if I was thin at 3B, I'd rather have E5.

Rank these 1B rest of the year:GoldschmidtEncarnacionLaRocheLaHairIm currently starting 2 of these guys and the other 2 are available on waivers :mellow:
GoldyLaHairEncarnacionLaRocheI don't know if LaHair and Goldy are any good, but I know the other 2 are mediocre CI's, at best. If Goldy or LaHair don't pan out then go on a search for a different mediocre CI.

I need a back-up 2b. Ryan Raburn is out there but I'd have to let an OF go. Raburn also qualifies as an OF.

Who would you drop: Josh Willingham, Jayson Werth or Nick Swisher?

Or isn't Raburn worth picking up?

6x6 with OBP, and Holds

'Eephus said:
'Wrigley said:
'pantagrapher said:
'Mr.Pack said:
I need a back-up 2b. Ryan Raburn is out there but I'd have to let an OF go. Raburn also qualifies as an OF.Who would you drop: Josh Willingham, Jayson Werth or Nick Swisher?Or isn't Raburn worth picking up?6x6 with OBP, and Holds
I'd hold.
Me too, those three hold more value than Raburn.
Why do you need a backup 2B?
Thanks guys.My 2b is hurt. Brandon Phillips

'Eephus said:
'Wrigley said:
'pantagrapher said:
'Mr.Pack said:
I need a back-up 2b. Ryan Raburn is out there but I'd have to let an OF go. Raburn also qualifies as an OF.Who would you drop: Josh Willingham, Jayson Werth or Nick Swisher?Or isn't Raburn worth picking up?6x6 with OBP, and Holds
I'd hold.
Me too, those three hold more value than Raburn.
Why do you need a backup 2B?
Thanks guys.My 2b is hurt. Brandon Phillips
Phillips is only supposed to miss three games. It's probably not worth making the two moves unless you think you can get an equivalent OF when you drop Raburn.

Yadier Molina? Worth a pickup? Thinking about picking him up only to use as trade bait or not worth the effort?

Users who are viewing this thread