What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (2 Viewers)

Yadier Molina? Worth a pickup? Thinking about picking him up only to use as trade bait or not worth the effort?
If he's currently available in free agency why would anyone trade for him later?
Cuz waivers only run once a week in my league
Yadier is who he is, an on base machine that will probably get you whereabouts of 50-60 runs, 10-15 HR's, 60-70 RBI, and a handful of stolen bases. In a 1 C league he is very replaceable. If the 9 guys in front of him stay healthy they will all outproduce him. I'm sure there's better use for the roster spot than a backup C you'll never use and moving Santana to 1B doesn't really make sense because while he is a very good C his production would be poor at 1B.

'Eephus said:
'Wrigley said:
'pantagrapher said:
'Mr.Pack said:
I need a back-up 2b. Ryan Raburn is out there but I'd have to let an OF go. Raburn also qualifies as an OF.Who would you drop: Josh Willingham, Jayson Werth or Nick Swisher?Or isn't Raburn worth picking up?6x6 with OBP, and Holds
I'd hold.
Me too, those three hold more value than Raburn.
Why do you need a backup 2B?
Thanks guys.My 2b is hurt. Brandon Phillips
Phillips is only supposed to miss three games. It's probably not worth making the two moves unless you think you can get an equivalent OF when you drop Raburn.
i did pick Raburn up but dropped Henderson Alvarez.I need more pitching so I'm going to try and move a couple of those OF, just not sure which ones. I will probably get Alvarez back in a couple days and drop Raburn too.

is there a WDIS thread?Anyone going w/ Jaime Garcia @ Cincinnati vs Cueto today?
Cincy will be missing 2 key RH bats with Phillips hurt and Rolen sits day after night games. Not sure of Garcia's splits, but if he can handle the lefties (Votto/Bruce) his stats will be fine today. Plus the Reds strike out a lot. Cueto might outduel him, but worth a start IMO.

Not sure how widely available he is at this point but I'd probably pick up Austin Jackson if he is available on your WW. If his adjustments are for real, he could but up some pretty gaudy run numbers at the top of that lineup.

Not sure how widely available he is at this point but I'd probably pick up Austin Jackson if he is available on your WW. If his adjustments are for real, he could but up some pretty gaudy run numbers at the top of that lineup.
Does he have any power potential in your opinion? I am interested in acquiring him, but I have a glut of high runs/SBs guys. I haven't seen him much. Any chance he gets his hits up like Melky did last year or develops some 20/20 pop like Hunter Pence?

is there a WDIS thread?Anyone going w/ Jaime Garcia @ Cincinnati vs Cueto today?
Cincy will be missing 2 key RH bats with Phillips hurt and Rolen sits day after night games. Not sure of Garcia's splits, but if he can handle the lefties (Votto/Bruce) his stats will be fine today. Plus the Reds strike out a lot. Cueto might outduel him, but worth a start IMO.
Berkman, Freese, & Beltran all sitting for STL. Im starting Cueto

Does he have any power potential in your opinion? I am interested in acquiring him, but I have a glut of high runs/SBs guys. I haven't seen him much. Any chance he gets his hits up like Melky did last year or develops some 20/20 pop like Hunter Pence?
I don't see a lot of power potential but I mean he is only 25 and hit 10 HRs last year so you he might jump up to 15 HRs but that might be asking a bit much. Either way, if he can cutdown his strikeouts you might get a season of .270 12 HRs 50 RBIs 25 SBs and 110 Rs. That would be what I would be happy with out of Jackson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I didn't read it as an either or. I would RATHER start Cueto, but if he's debating starting Garcia in general, both are starts IMO.@TFE thanks for Jackson response above

I don't see a lot of power potential but I mean he is only 25 and hit 10 HRs last year so you he might jump up to 15 HRs but that might be asking a bit much. Either way, if he can cutdown his strikeouts you might get a season of .270 12 HRs 50 RBIs 25 SBs and 110 Rs. That would be what I would be happy with out of Jackson.
:goodposting: His leg kick and batting eye were his issues last year imho, the former is definitely gone and the latter may be too. I don't see much power as his role is to get on base and let the guys behind him bring him in, but if these adjustments are legit he has plus potential SB's, won't hurt AVG, should provide about a dozen HR's, and could be looking at triple digit runs.I was worried he would be our biggest issue this year, but it's looking like he may be the X factor instead.

Sorry I didn't read it as an either or. I would RATHER start Cueto, but if he's debating starting Garcia in general, both are starts IMO.@TFE thanks for Jackson response above
good stuff, fellas. thanks

Yup, and his upside is far higher than that. He scored 103, stole 27, and batted .293 in 2010 in a lineup that wasn't as good as this one. I realize the .293 was inflated by the BABIP but if he can hold that leadoff slot and these newfound changes are for real, he could put up some outrageous numbers.

good stuff, fellas. thanks
####### cueto

I think Jose Altuve could make a nice pick-up in some leagues.

He was a really good hitter in the minors (1.017 OPS in 2011, put up a 15-40 in 2010).

He's really young and he's not doing anything flashy yet this season, but he's getting on base and scoring runs batting in the 2-hole in a somewhat decent Astros line-up.

He might be Dustin Ackley without the hype (and more speed).

Kyle Seager. Looks like he is starting in seattle and has eligibility at SS, 3B, and soon 2B (got the start there today).

Kyle Seager. Looks like he is starting in seattle and has eligibility at SS, 3B, and soon 2B (got the start there today).
Might get squeezed as some dudes get back from injury. Useful, but not somebody I'd count on long-term.Altuve is a nice stash, I wouldn't count on too much this year. He scorched AA, but they jumped him straight to the bigs last year and he couldn't hit. He has a good eye, and impressive pop for a little fella, but he's still in the majors ahead of schedule and hitting in a bad lineup.

What do you guys think of Heisey?

I'm trying to hang on because I think he could produce given the ABs, but this is feeling like a platoon with no end in sight.

OF was supposed to be a great strength for me this season (kept Ells, Stanton, Morse, and CBY), but it's turning into something I'll have to piece together. I may not have time to wait for some of these situations to work themselves out. Roster is below. I have a lot of those situations.

I need some guys producing now, but I also need to hang on to upside for as long as I can.

I'm looking to cut a batter in the next day and I'm letting Storen go (if I don't get my offense in order, I'll be out of it by the time he comes back anyway).

Top FA's I'm looking at are:

David Murphy

Jose Tabata (I'll be fine with SB and I hate burning OF slots on speed only guys, but might grab him)

Damon (though, without OF eligibility, I'm not terribly interested)

Seager

Parmelee

Niewenheus

10 team 5x5 ROTO (OBP), 11-player keeper, C/1B/2B/3B/SS/MI/CI/IF/5OF/UTIL/8SP/3RP

C: Iannetta

1B: M. Cabrera, Kendrys, Morneau, Belt, Trumbo, Rizzo

2B: Kinsler, Kipnis, Altuve

3B: Reynolds, I.Stewart, N.Arenado

SS: Andrus

OF: Chris Young, Stanton, Ellsbury, Morse[DL], Bourjos, LaHair, Heisey

SP: Shields, Gio, Anibal, Scherzer, Beachy, Minor, Nicasio

RP: Betancourt, Marshall, Francisco, Broxton, Lidge, Santiago, Storen[DL]

Which of my dirtbags that can't get regular AB's would you be looking to ditch first? Or would you hold?

Based on the team above, do you like Murphy, Seager or Tabata more for Storen's soon to be vacated spot?

What do you guys think of Heisey?I'm trying to hang on because I think he could produce given the ABs, but this is feeling like a platoon with no end in sight.OF was supposed to be a great strength for me this season (kept Ells, Stanton, Morse, and CBY), but it's turning into something I'll have to piece together. I may not have time to wait for some of these situations to work themselves out. Roster is below. I have a lot of those situations.I need some guys producing now, but I also need to hang on to upside for as long as I can.I'm looking to cut a batter in the next day and I'm letting Storen go (if I don't get my offense in order, I'll be out of it by the time he comes back anyway).Top FA's I'm looking at are:David Murphy (considering dropping Heisey or another batter, for him)Jose Tabata (I'll be fine with SB and I hate burning OF slots on speed only guys, but might grab him)Damon (though, without OF eligibility, I'm not terribly interested)Seager ParmeleeNiewenheus10 team 5x5 ROTO (OBP), 11-player keeper, C/1B/2B/3B/SS/MI/CI/IF/5OF/UTIL/8SP/3RPC: Iannetta1B: M. Cabrera, Kendrys, Morneau, Belt, Trumbo, Rizzo2B: Kinsler, Kipnis, Altuve3B: Reynolds, I.Stewart, N.ArenadoSS: AndrusOF: CBY, Stanton, Ellsbury, Morse[DL], Bourjos, LaHair, HeiseySP: Shields, Gio, Anibal, Scherzer, Beachy, Minor, NicasioRP: Betancourt, Marshall, Francisco, Broxton, Lidge, Santiago, Storen[DL]Which of my dirtbags that can't get regular AB's would you be looking to ditch first? Or would you hold?Based on the team above, do you like Murphy or Tabata more for Storen's soon to be vacated spot?
Investing in Heisey is much like my investment in Mesoraco, it's a test of patience. I call this test - Dust Tee Bay Kerr.If he hits he will start getting more AB's, eventually, about a month of two later than he should. In the meantime, you must deal with Dusty being Dusty. If you don't want to deal with the headache, because barring injury I don't see it going away until at least late May, I recommend moving on now.You don't want Tabata in an OBP league and until Cruz or Hamilton inevitably get injured Murphy will play about as often as Heisey. Assuming your league gives OF eligibility after 5 games I'd add Damon, he won't sit more than once/week and he'll probably be leading off. I'd dump LaHair before Hesiey though. He's currently in a platoon and is only keeping the seat warm for Rizzo, he doesn't have the upside your other guys do. That way you can keep Storen and hopefully work a trade to rid of your way too many RP situation. Maybe you can use that to fix your problem on offense?Also, is this a daily lineup league or weekly? This looks like a real tough lineup to deal with in weekly, but would be a great one for daily because of all of the platoon splits (Belt/Trumbo, Kipnis/Altuve, Reynolds/Stewart).

The available options don't excite me, but Heisey and LaHair are not going to fix your offensive problem now or in the future. They're similar AAAA players and, even if they win a job, their teams will instantly start looking to replace them. If I had to pick between the 2, I guess I would pick Heisey for the ballpark and the fact that they could pull the plug on Stubbs or Ludwick at any moment, but neither have much upside.

Personally, I don't think either is worth cutting Storen in a deep keeper league.

Your offense doesn't look that bad to me. If you insist on a move, I like Tabata more than the other FAs.

What do you guys think of Heisey?I'm trying to hang on because I think he could produce given the ABs, but this is feeling like a platoon with no end in sight.OF was supposed to be a great strength for me this season (kept Ells, Stanton, Morse, and CBY), but it's turning into something I'll have to piece together. I may not have time to wait for some of these situations to work themselves out. Roster is below. I have a lot of those situations.I need some guys producing now, but I also need to hang on to upside for as long as I can.I'm looking to cut a batter in the next day and I'm letting Storen go (if I don't get my offense in order, I'll be out of it by the time he comes back anyway).Top FA's I'm looking at are:David Murphy (considering dropping Heisey or another batter, for him)Jose Tabata (I'll be fine with SB and I hate burning OF slots on speed only guys, but might grab him)Damon (though, without OF eligibility, I'm not terribly interested)Seager ParmeleeNiewenheus10 team 5x5 ROTO (OBP), 11-player keeper, C/1B/2B/3B/SS/MI/CI/IF/5OF/UTIL/8SP/3RPC: Iannetta1B: M. Cabrera, Kendrys, Morneau, Belt, Trumbo, Rizzo2B: Kinsler, Kipnis, Altuve3B: Reynolds, I.Stewart, N.ArenadoSS: AndrusOF: CBY, Stanton, Ellsbury, Morse[DL], Bourjos, LaHair, HeiseySP: Shields, Gio, Anibal, Scherzer, Beachy, Minor, NicasioRP: Betancourt, Marshall, Francisco, Broxton, Lidge, Santiago, Storen[DL]Which of my dirtbags that can't get regular AB's would you be looking to ditch first? Or would you hold?Based on the team above, do you like Murphy or Tabata more for Storen's soon to be vacated spot?
Investing in Heisey is much like my investment in Mesoraco, it's a test of patience. I call this test - Dust Tee Bay Kerr.If he hits he will start getting more AB's, eventually, about a month of two later than he should. In the meantime, you must deal with Dusty being Dusty. If you don't want to deal with the headache, because barring injury I don't see it going away until at least late May, I recommend moving on now.You don't want Tabata in an OBP league and until Cruz or Hamilton inevitably get injured Murphy will play about as often as Heisey. Assuming your league gives OF eligibility after 5 games I'd add Damon, he won't sit more than once/week and he'll probably be leading off. I'd dump LaHair before Hesiey though. He's currently in a platoon and is only keeping the seat warm for Rizzo, he doesn't have the upside your other guys do. That way you can keep Storen and hopefully work a trade to rid of your way too many RP situation. Maybe you can use that to fix your problem on offense?Also, is this a daily lineup league or weekly? This looks like a real tough lineup to deal with in weekly, but would be a great one for daily because of all of the platoon splits (Belt/Trumbo, Kipnis/Altuve, Reynolds/Stewart).
Thanks for the thoughts. It's a daily league, so dealing with some platoon situations isn't too bad.That's also a reason I'll try to hang onto Heisey for the forseeable future. It seems like he might be one of the few waiver type guys with the upside to possibly mitigate the pending Morse/Stanton disasters on the horizon.I know I'll drop LaHair at some point, but I want to wait for him to cool off first. He's been completely raking since '09 and I will make him prove to me he's only a AAAA hitter before I cut him loose. If I don't ditch Storen, I'll probably just hold everyone until it's time send Belt packing, which should be by Monday. I'm not even sure what I'm holding out hope for at this point. It'd be 10 games for Damon in our league, so I'm not sure what to think of him.

The available options don't excite me, but Heisey and LaHair are not going to fix your offensive problem now or in the future. They're similar AAAA players and, even if they win a job, their teams will instantly start looking to replace them. If I had to pick between the 2, I guess I would pick Heisey for the ballpark and the fact that they could pull the plug on Stubbs or Ludwick at any moment, but neither have much upside.Personally, I don't think either is worth cutting Storen in a deep keeper league.Your offense doesn't look that bad to me. If you insist on a move, I like Tabata more than the other FAs.
Okay, you guys have convinced me to give Storen a stay of execution (FA auctions are at 11) for the time being.I'm not ready to give up on the Heisey/LaHair pipe dream just yet though. That's probably foolish, but I can't help it.It's Brandon Belt's giraffe neck that's on the chopping block now. I'm pretty sure any dream he ever had for value will be completely gone in the next few days, so I'll see who's available then.

The available options don't excite me, but Heisey and LaHair are not going to fix your offensive problem now or in the future. They're similar AAAA players and, even if they win a job, their teams will instantly start looking to replace them. If I had to pick between the 2, I guess I would pick Heisey for the ballpark and the fact that they could pull the plug on Stubbs or Ludwick at any moment, but neither have much upside.Personally, I don't think either is worth cutting Storen in a deep keeper league.Your offense doesn't look that bad to me. If you insist on a move, I like Tabata more than the other FAs.
Okay, you guys have convinced me to give Storen a stay of execution (FA auctions are at 11) for the time being.I'm not ready to give up on the Heisey/LaHair pipe dream just yet though. That's probably foolish, but I can't help it.It's Brandon Belt's giraffe neck that's on the chopping block now. I'm pretty sure any dream he ever had for value will be completely gone in the next few days, so I'll see who's available then.
Why not just stand pat, start Trumbo and on his off days hope Belt has a righty and slide him in?

Heisey is just so godawful against lefties that the odds are against him becoming an every day player. If you have the room to stash him and start him when the match-up is good, give it a shot. I'd personally take my chances on someone with more long-term upside.

And Rizzo is already killing it in AAA. Meanwhile, LaHair is platooning with Jeff Baker. Unless he starts mashing, I don't think LaHair is getting regular at-bats by the end of June. Rizzo is inevitable.

Why not just stand pat, start Trumbo and on his off days hope Belt has a righty and slide him in?
That's what I'll do for now. I'm just anticipating the Belt situation getting even uglier soon.

Heisey is just so godawful against lefties that the odds are against him becoming an every day player. If you have the room to stash him and start him when the match-up is good, give it a shot. I'd personally take my chances on someone with more long-term upside.And Rizzo is already killing it in AAA. Meanwhile, LaHair is platooning with Jeff Baker. Unless he starts mashing, I don't think LaHair is getting regular at-bats by the end of June. Rizzo is inevitable.
You are probably right and there's a 90% chance both of these guys get tossed back by May 1st.Given our roster size and the current FA options, I'll probably stick with them for now and as long as both are in the line-up vs. righties and hitting.Maybe I can milk some decent power numbers from a LaHair/Heisey OF5 platoon until Morse gets back.If there's a clearly better OF FA option available, I'm not aware of it just yet.FA outfielders that might contribute some power in our league include: Murphy, Damon (DH), Tabata and some other guys with PT issues of their own, like Reimold (who I just cut), Ludwick, Viciedo, Garrett Jones, Schierholtz, Gomes.....

Heisey is just so godawful against lefties that the odds are against him becoming an every day player. If you have the room to stash him and start him when the match-up is good, give it a shot. I'd personally take my chances on someone with more long-term upside.And Rizzo is already killing it in AAA. Meanwhile, LaHair is platooning with Jeff Baker. Unless he starts mashing, I don't think LaHair is getting regular at-bats by the end of June. Rizzo is inevitable.
You are probably right and there's a 90% chance both of these guys get tossed back by May 1st.Given our roster size and the current FA options, I'll probably stick with them for now and as long as both are in the line-up vs. righties and hitting.Maybe I can milk some decent power numbers from a LaHair/Heisey OF5 platoon until Morse gets back.If there's a clearly better OF FA option available, I'm not aware of it just yet.FA outfielders that might contribute some power in our league include: Murphy, Damon (DH), Tabata and some other guys with PT issues of their own, like Reimold (who I just cut), Ludwick, Viciedo, Garrett Jones, Schierholtz, Gomes.....
I have a soft spot for Venable. He out there? Problem is you can only feel real comfortable starting him vs. righties on road games. I'll start him vs. righties at home if my other options suck, but don't feel good about it and just hope he gets a hit and a SB. Vs. righties2011 - 256/319/423 with 9 HR and 24 SB's in 324 AB's 2010 - 259/334/429 with 11 HR and 27 SB's in 340 AB's2009 - 266/332/505 with 12 HR and 5 SB (Padres in general didn't run as much then) in 222 AB'sAdjust everything north a few points if you don't always start him at home too.So, if played right you can get 250 AB's of 265/335/440 type numbers with 5-8 HR and about 20 SB's. Pretty good for part 2 of a platoon.

I have a soft spot for Venable. He out there? Problem is you can only feel real comfortable starting him vs. righties on road games. I'll start him vs. righties at home if my other options suck, but don't feel good about it and just hope he gets a hit and a SB. Vs. righties2011 - 256/319/423 with 9 HR and 24 SB's in 324 AB's 2010 - 259/334/429 with 11 HR and 27 SB's in 340 AB's2009 - 266/332/505 with 12 HR and 5 SB (Padres in general didn't run as much then) in 222 AB'sAdjust everything north a few points if you don't always start him at home too.So, if played right you can get 250 AB's of 265/335/440 type numbers with 5-8 HR and about 20 SB's. Pretty good for part 2 of a platoon.
He's rostered.I've owned him before though, and that's a great thought. Hopefully he gets cut soon.

What's the opinion on JD Martinez? Astro's lineup isn't good but he is batting 3rd and has a bit of pop in his bat. I have Brandon Belt and am just looking for someone to replace him as a bench lottery ticket. The pitching on the WW is dry and the best option would be Nicasio. So thinking of picking up Martinez and see what he does for a week or so.

What's the opinion on JD Martinez? Astro's lineup isn't good but he is batting 3rd and has a bit of pop in his bat. I have Brandon Belt and am just looking for someone to replace him as a bench lottery ticket. The pitching on the WW is dry and the best option would be Nicasio. So thinking of picking up Martinez and see what he does for a week or so.
I'd make room for both Martinez and Nicasio.

I'd pick up Martinez. His role pretty much guarantees he'll be better than Belt in the counting categories. Belt's AVG is currently nothing to write home about either.

Is Josh Willingham a better add than any of these guys who are currently on my team?

Desomond Jennings

Alfonso Soriano

Yoenis Cespedes

Users who are viewing this thread