Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because of the way the Cubs employ Rizzo in the field in obvious bunt situations, he now has two official games as a  2Bman. Three more and he gets 2B in yahoo. 

Way to tim up the thread

If you have pitchers on your roster that you're afraid to start against the Padres, you might as well drop them. 

Too bad Matt Adams doesn't play more. As soon as Craig, Holliday or Beltran get hurt he might stick, guy is a beast.

It will be interesting to see what they do with that situation. With Craig getting an extension and Taveras waiting on deck, it doesn't seem like there is an opening for him. If they want to make a play for a major upgrade at SS, Adams makes sense as a centerpiece. I'd call Adams a "hold" in most leagues right now. Many scenarios that could play out to make him a usable fantasy player.

Edited by RnR

Too bad Matt Adams doesn't play more. As soon as Craig, Holliday or Beltran get hurt he might stick, guy is a beast.

It will be interesting to see what they do with that situation. With Craig getting an extension and Taveras waiting on deck, it doesn't seem like there is an opening for him. If they want to make a play for a major upgrade at SS, Adams makes sense as a centerpiece. I'd call Adams a "hold" in most leagues right now. Many scenarios that could play out to make him a usable fantasy player.

There is blogger speculation (and nothing more) about STL getting their SS upgrade by trading Taveras (Taveras for Profar). I'm sure neither GM has the balls to seriously consider that though.

There is blogger speculation (and nothing more) about STL getting their SS upgrade by trading Taveras (Taveras for Profar). I'm sure neither GM has the balls to seriously consider that though.

That trade makes so much sense for both teams. Wish it would happen. (Owner of both in a dynasty league)

I know it's cold out and the speedsters aren't really loose yet, but my squad is hurting for steals. My entire roster has one steal (Nunez). My weakest position is 2B (Infante). Was thinking of dropping Phil Hughes and starting Valdespin at 2B vs. righties (we have deep rosters, so I can afford to platoon for a few weeks). I'm fairly deep at SP. Smart move?

Valdespin has started once this year.

Weaver pulled after hurting his non-pitching elbow. Just as concerning is that it appears he has lost another 2 MPH on his fastball since last year. You don't start him in Arlington, but he looked bad tonight.

Is there any reason to hang onto Fiers?

My pitching staff is terrible. Solid SP were going for more than I wanted to pay, so I rolled with $1 guys after Gio/Scherzer and Minor (who was pretty cheap himself). Ended up with Estrada, Gee, Teheran, and Fiers (Need 8 SP to hit the IP limit).

To have any shot at all, I'll need to stream well and find a few gems worth marrying for longer stretches. Fiers' slot would re-open my "streamer slot".

As far as other options, there are usually some solid streamers available, but nobody that seems worth marrying at the moment.

Mostly old spot starters that might help with the ratios from time to time (G. Floyd, Arroyo, Bartolo, Buehrle, Westbrook, Blanton).

Then of guys that might get me a few K's, but with a good shot of throwing up an 8-spot in the process (Happ, Ervin, Bedard, Myers)

Other guys that pique my interest a little: Collmenter, Stults, Arrieta, W.Peralta

No reason to hang onto Fiers, right?

I can't hang onto dead weight, but I can't give up on a solid chance of upside too soon either.

Already talk that his next start could be skipped. Bad spring, bad first start, questions about him even being in the rotation coming out of spring makes me think he's in trouble.

i already dropped in one league. Have him in another and will probably be dropping there too.

Forced to pick up Trevor Plouffe.....team is getting hit hard by the injury bug

A Ram(DL)

Headley(DL)

Hart(DL)

Reddick.....sprained wrist(DTD)

LaRoche....back Tuesday? A hit would be nice

Weaver....pretty sure his arm is falling off.

Forced to pick up Trevor Plouffe.....team is getting hit hard by the injury bug

A Ram(DL)

Headley(DL)

Hart(DL)

Reddick.....sprained wrist(DTD)

LaRoche....back Tuesday? A hit would be nice

Weaver....pretty sure his arm is falling off.

Great pick-up. I was a little disappointed not to get him at auction. Then again, I have a weakness for CI's with some pop that will likely be a OBP/BA liabilility. Plouffe is off to about as good a start as one could hope for (in an OBP league)

Speaking of streaming against Houston, surprised that ESPN recommended a pass on Maurer this week. 2 home starts including 1 against the Astros will get anybody with a pulse in my weekly lineup.

Holding on Chacin from Colorado at least 1 more week (@Petco)

Put me in the club ready to pull the plug on Ackley, but I'm going to at least let this week lock first. 7G with Houston and Tex seems worth 1 more look. Plus 2b is garbage on the WW. Anybody got anything?

Speaking of streaming against Houston, surprised that ESPN recommended a pass on Maurer this week. 2 home starts including 1 against the Astros will get anybody with a pulse in my weekly lineup.

Holding on Chacin from Colorado at least 1 more week (@Petco)

Put me in the club ready to pull the plug on Ackley, but I'm going to at least let this week lock first. 7G with Houston and Tex seems worth 1 more look. Plus 2b is garbage on the WW. Anybody got anything?

As a waiver replacement, the only thing I could think of might be Chris Nelson. I'd probably still take my chances with Ackley though.

If he's just a back-up and not really someone you'll rely on, I'd probably just look for upside at another position.

Is there any reason to hang onto Fiers?

My pitching staff is terrible. Solid SP were going for more than I wanted to pay, so I rolled with $1 guys after Gio/Scherzer and Minor (who was pretty cheap himself). Ended up with Estrada, Gee, Teheran, and Fiers (Need 8 SP to hit the IP limit).

To have any shot at all, I'll need to stream well and find a few gems worth marrying for longer stretches. Fiers' slot would re-open my "streamer slot".

As far as other options, there are usually some solid streamers available, but nobody that seems worth marrying at the moment.

Mostly old spot starters that might help with the ratios from time to time (G. Floyd, Arroyo, Bartolo, Buehrle, Westbrook, Blanton).

Then of guys that might get me a few K's, but with a good shot of throwing up an 8-spot in the process (Happ, Ervin, Bedard, Myers)

Other guys that pique my interest a little: Collmenter, Stults, Arrieta, W.Peralta

No reason to hang onto Fiers, right?

I can't hang onto dead weight, but I can't give up on a solid chance of upside too soon either.

i cut him already.

Plus 2b is garbage on the WW. Anybody got anything?

is Matt Carpenter available? should get 2B eligibility soon

Carpenter is sitting today with Freese back in the lineup. Descalso gets the start at 2B.

Does Baseball Forum Have A Buy Low/Sell High Thread?

Fire it up. Buy high: Justin UptonBuy Low: Roy HalladaySell High: Mike Morse (if you can)Sell Low: Pujols

Jesus Montero has looked like crap....thoughts on dropping him for Buck, Ramos, or Iannetta?

i wouldnt

What about for Perez who I didn't notice was dropped before todays 2-4 game?

Anybody liking Chris Young (Oak) as a pickup? He was pretty much an afterthought going into this season as the A's 4th OF and what looked to be a strict platoon with Seth Smith in which he would face only lefties.

However, Young has started 4 of the last 5 games for the A's, 3 of which came against righties. Thus, it looks like Young might be getting in the lineup more frequently at OF and DH than most people expected. Furthermore, if you consider Coco Crisp's injury history as well as Josh Reddick's balky wrist, it seems like there is a pretty good chance that Young will get some significant playing time this season.

With regular playing time, Young is a consistent 20/20 threat with a career ISO right around .200. In deeper leagues with daily lineup changes, I think Young is a great guy to plug in on days that he starts in hope of a HR or SB. There's not too many guys with 20/20 potential on the wire.

Young is currently owned in only 3.7% of ESPN leagues.

Anybody liking Chris Young (Oak) as a pickup? He was pretty much an afterthought going into this season as the A's 4th OF and what looked to be a strict platoon with Seth Smith in which he would face only lefties.However, Young has started 4 of the last 5 games for the A's, 3 of which came against righties. Thus, it looks like Young might be getting in the lineup more frequently at OF and DH than most people expected. Furthermore, if you consider Coco Crisp's injury history as well as Josh Reddick's balky wrist, it seems like there is a pretty good chance that Young will get some significant playing time this season.With regular playing time, Young is a consistent 20/20 threat with a career ISO right around .200. In deeper leagues with daily lineup changes, I think Young is a great guy to plug in on days that he starts in hope of a HR or SB. There's not too many guys with 20/20 potential on the wire.Young is currently owned in only 3.7% of ESPN leagues.

He's fine If you can stand taking the hit in AVG. One problem in daily leagues is that Chris B's playing time hasn't been predictable. Somebody like Moss or Seth Smith never starts against LHP so you know when to start and when to bench.

Perez strokes a mean single.

That isn't all bad for a catcher. Anyone else rolling with C-Bills with the hopes of 5 solid innings against SD in Petco?
I am contemplating streaming Bills but would have to drop Dominic Brown. Although he hasn't done much, I'm not sure if I want to part ways yet.

Well im starting Maurer. I thought about streaming Saunders but decided not to. Now watch, the Astros knock Maurer around

Bases loaded and nobody out. Great start.

####i. This guy blows

:lmao: At this point, it is just comical. Just take him out already and save whats left of my ERA/WHIP.

Well im starting Maurer. I thought about streaming Saunders but decided not to. Now watch, the Astros knock Maurer around

Bases loaded and nobody out. Great start.
####i. This guy blows
:lmao: At this point, it is just comical. Just take him out already and save whats left of my ERA/WHIP.
With you man. That was a bloodbath.

Perez strokes a mean single.

That isn't all bad for a catcher. Anyone else rolling with C-Bills with the hopes of 5 solid innings against SD in Petco?
I am contemplating streaming Bills but would have to drop Dominic Brown. Although he hasn't done much, I'm not sure if I want to part ways yet.

It'd be nuts to drop Brown for Billingsley this early.

Double down on Beavan tomorrow. I'm a big fan of the Martingale system. :bag:

I want to , but I'm ashamed to admit I'm a little scared now. :unsure:

Did the ERA Marauder wake up the HOU lineup? Or did they just get all their runs for the month of April out of their system?

I think I'll roll with Eric Stults instead.

Is Jarrod Parker droppable now?

I was just thinking about posting the same this morning. In a shallower league, I think okay to drop, but I'm holding onto him in my deeper league. I generally think two starts is too quick to drop, but he struggled this spring too, so I'm worried this may just be what he is.

I was thinking about trading for him. lol

Nevermind, just saw his schedule. I'm guessing he will be on waivers or reduced further when he gets thru this patch:

DET at home, TB on road, BOS on road and then BALT at home.

Edited by rascal