What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (6 Viewers)

Anybody still waiting for the Yonder 2013 breakout to start? Technically, I guess I still am (still on my roster), but it's time to wrap this dumb idea up right?

Not striking out, but not walking or hitting LD's either.

Anybody still waiting for the Yonder 2013 breakout to start? Technically, I guess I still am (still on my roster), but it's time to wrap this dumb idea up right?

Geez, it's a week into the season. I think he's a hold in redrafts right now but a definite keep in other formats. He's young and has never performed very well in April, I think he's gonna have a nice season.

Geez, it's a week into the season. I think he's a hold in redrafts right now but a definite keep in other formats. He's young and has never performed very well in April, I think he's gonna have a nice season.
Pickup and start Gattis until Yonder gets it going?

Obviously, I don't like the idea of cutting Yonder, but that's the beauty of the FA game. Deciding to react or not to overreact. But just because it's early doesn't mean it isn't time to start think about moving on from some players.

I have no idea if Yonder's one of those players. I don't like that he still hasn't taken a walk (as he's the type of player that's unlikely to provide massive power, even with a breakout). He has been pretty unlucky so far though

If he's just a slow starter, fine, I'll use the roster spot on someone else and pick him up in a week or so.

He did put some good wood on a line drive to right center last night. I thought it was out, until the next camera shot reminded me where his home ball park is and showed the ball landing about 35 feet from the fence.

Maybe it was a rash move that'll bite me. It won't be the first or last time for that.

Doctor Detroit said:
pollardsvision said:

Alonso has 5 starts to Guzman's 1. As long as Alonso isn't losing ABs against LHP, he'll have decent value.

Buy low on Halladay or avoid?
That'd be a tough trigger to pull.

I might trade someone I don't really need, but if I had him, I'd probably be looking to sell low. See if I could get a useful player while the name value might still get something.

It'd be one thing if it were a few bad outings, but he's been mostly mediocre to awful since last May.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy low on Halladay or avoid?
I'd buy low if you don't have to give up much but beyond that, he isn't really worth it. If the guy is just giving him away for nothing, I'd pull the trigger but if the guy still thinks he has ace value, it isn't worth it. I'd say where ESPN has him ranked is about fair right now. If you can trade an Edwin Jackson or Beckett type, I'd do that but not much more.

I don't think Halladay has hit rock bottom in the sense that I think he'll continue to struggle a few more outings as he looks to get his confidence back and when he gets back, he isn't going to be Doc of old but he'll be a solid mid rotation guy with a mid to high 3 ERA and 150 K's.

Perez strokes a mean single.
That isn't all bad for a catcher. Anyone else rolling with C-Bills with the hopes of 5 solid innings against SD in Petco?
I am contemplating streaming Bills but would have to drop Dominic Brown. Although he hasn't done much, I'm not sure if I want to part ways yet.
It'd be nuts to drop Brown for Billingsley this early.
:goodposting: Dom Brown just said do not drop me with a bomb.

Picked up Happ to replace Fiers. Hopefully he's having a resurgent year and is worth a back of the rotation spot.

Doctor Detroit said:
pollardsvision said:

Alonso has 5 starts to Guzman's 1. As long as Alonso isn't losing ABs against LHP, he'll have decent value.
If anybody plays in a league with old school rotisserie eligibility rules, Alonso would have 2B and 3B eligibility tomorrow.

How much is too much to bid on Matt Adams?

I kinda wanted to drop 10% of my budget on him, but I think I'll dial that down to about 3%.

Also, is it about to be now or never for Mr. Arenado? He's sporting a healthy 1.408 OPS with the Sky Sox.

I kinda wanted to drop 10% of my budget on him, but I think I'll dial that down to about 3%.

Also, is it about to be now or never for Mr. Arenado? He's sporting a healthy 1.408 OPS with the Sky Sox.
he has nowhere to play (Adams)

I'm bidding with the understanding that he isn't getting everyday AB's anytime soon and I don't need him to (I have 8 CI's already).

But he's started at 1st in 2 of the last 5 games. Descalso isn't exactly tearing it up and there's no reason to think he ever will. There's still the Craig/OF situation, but I'm fine holding for a bit until something opens up.

One of the more reactionary members in a small league dropped Halladay and Weaver (same guy dropped Stanton last year, to my benefit). Would you drop Homer Bailey and/or Niese for either/both? I have an open DL spot that I could use for Weaver.

Thinking of dropping Bailey, picking up Weaver and putting him on the DL, then picking up Halladay.

One of the more reactionary members in a small league dropped Halladay and Weaver (same guy dropped Stanton last year, to my benefit). Would you drop Homer Bailey and/or Niese for either/both? I have an open DL spot that I could use for Weaver.

Thinking of dropping Bailey, picking up Weaver and putting him on the DL, then picking up Halladay.
I would definitely grab Weaver. Can you put Halladay on the bench? I don't know if I'd want to start him until he showed some improvement.

I would definitely grab Weaver. Can you put Halladay on the bench? I don't know if I'd want to start him until he showed some improvement.
I can. It is daily lineup changes, so I can leave him out of my streaming.

Grab weaver and stash him on the DL dropping Homer. Don't know if I would drop Niese for Halladay.

He starts vs the Marlins on Saturday. If he sucks in that game, he might suck for months.

Any idea when Cingrani will get called up? I need some pepto for not picking up Fernandez.
Unlike most top prospects, his arrival doesn't depend much on his performance. It really just depends when the Reds have an injury in the rotation. All 5 guys have a pretty long leash and have proven to be durable in the past. I've heard big things about his stuff (specifically breaking ball), but he's got to have an injury to get up here and even if he does, there's still the ballpark to deal with.

Probably not worth the roster spot for 2013 redraft, but I think he'll be good eventually.

Any thoughts on properly valuing Crawford?

I'm considering moving him for some SP help, but he's a tough guy to value.

His pre-season value was around that of SP35-40.

It's now got to be in the SP25 range, imo.

Another healthy month and it's going to be in the top 15 range.

I've got an offer on the table for Peavy, who is kind of the Carl Crawford for pitching in many ways, but I'm not sure about letting him go before his value reaches it's potential (and of course, trading other players might make more sense, like Middlebrooks). There are some other teams a little more desperate for speed that I'm going to gauge interest in as well.

Anyway, any thoughts, generally on a Crawford-Peavy swap or of Crawford's value in general?

Roster and league set-up:

10 team 5x5 ROTO (OBP), 11-player keeper, C/1B/2B/3B/SS/MI/CI/IF/5OF/UTIL/8SP/3RP

C: S.Perez, Gattis
1B: Rizzo, Frazier, Trumbo, Alonso, M.Adams
2B: Kinsler, Kipnis,
3B: M.Cabrera, Lawrie, Freese, Middlebrooks, Machado
SS: Alcides, EverCab
OF: Stanton, Ellsbury, Choo, Crawford, Markakis, Marte, Eaton

SP: Gio, Scherzer, Minor, Estrada, Corbin,Teheran, Gee
RP: Romo, Reed, Perkins, Veras, Herrera, Benoit

If anybody's really got time to burn:
2 other teams I'm about to start floating offers at:

Team 2:

Needs RP in the worst way, and could use some pop.
He has Hamels, Price, Dickey, Morrow, Hudson, Vogelsong, and Doubront that I'd have some interest in.

Team 3:

Needs speed and could use some pop.
He has Sale, CC, Medlen, Gallardo, and Milone that I'd be interested in.

I've got an offer on the table for Peavy, who is kind of the Carl Crawford for pitching in many ways, but I'm not sure about letting him go before his value reaches it's potential (and of course, trading other players might make more sense, like Middlebrooks). There are some other teams a little more desperate for speed that I'm going to gauge interest in as well.

Anyway, any thoughts, generally on a Crawford-Peavy swap or of Crawford's value in general?

10 team 5x5 ROTO (OBP), 11-player keeper, C/1B/2B/3B/SS/MI/CI/IF/5OF/UTIL/8SP/3RP

10 teamer mixed trade values are tough to predict because there's usually a lot of talent available for free, especially at deep positions.

Crawford obviously isn't going to hit .464 all season. His BABIP for the small sample of 2013 is .571. But he seems to be healthy for now. The only downsides I see from his first 1+ weeks are: two caught stealing in four attempts and that he's getting replaced for defensive purposes because his arm isn't back to full strength. Injuries are impossible to predict but Scott Sizemore is a reminder that recoveries aren't always 100%.

A healthy Crawford offers as much upside vs his ADP as anybody. I'd probably hold him unless you get an offer you can't refuse. Straight up for Peavy isn't that offer IMO.

10 teamer mixed trade values are tough to predict because there's usually a lot of talent available for free, especially at deep positions.

Crawford obviously isn't going to hit .464 all season. His BABIP for the small sample of 2013 is .571. But he seems to be healthy for now. The only downsides I see from his first 1+ weeks are: two caught stealing in four attempts and that he's getting replaced for defensive purposes because his arm isn't back to full strength. Injuries are impossible to predict but Scott Sizemore is a reminder that recoveries aren't always 100%.

A healthy Crawford offers as much upside vs his ADP as anybody. I'd probably hold him unless you get an offer you can't refuse. Straight up for Peavy isn't that offer IMO.
Makes sense. I should probably focus more on moving Middlebrooks and a RP or 2. The further we get away from the 3 HR game, the less I can get on the former Another few days, and I'll have to wait for the next long slump to pass and a new hot streak to begin.

One of the more reactionary members in a small league dropped Halladay and Weaver (same guy dropped Stanton last year, to my benefit). Would you drop Homer Bailey and/or Niese for either/both? I have an open DL spot that I could use for Weaver. Thinking of dropping Bailey, picking up Weaver and putting him on the DL, then picking up Halladay.
He starts vs the Marlins on Saturday. If he sucks in that game, he might suck for months.
:goodposting: I don't think I've been more scared of a scheduled start. Moreso than anything he's battling himself, it seems, right now. Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't fare well. :scared: (and an FYI, he's going Sunday)

Is Jesus Montero ever going to hit in Seattle?

Avila is sitting out there, but for whatever reason I keep thinking Montero will eventually find a groove.

Avila or Jesus Montero going forward?

Is Jesus Montero ever going to hit in Seattle?

Avila is sitting out there, but for whatever reason I keep thinking Montero will eventually find a groove.

Avila or Jesus Montero going forward?
Maybe, but I wouldn't be eager to spend 2013 finding out. I'm not sure how he was considered a top 10-12 ish C coming into the season. You expect a young player to get better, but 15 HRs with a sub-.300 OBP was in no way a success last season.

Finding a C to do a little better than that is not very difficult. One such player is Avila, and I'd rather have Avila at the moment.

Both are pretty close to even, and I'd just rather have the hot hand (or the likely handful of similar options on the wire when they heat up).

I'm bidding with the understanding that he isn't getting everyday AB's anytime soon and I don't need him to (I have 8 CI's already).

But he's started at 1st in 2 of the last 5 games. Descalso isn't exactly tearing it up and there's no reason to think he ever will. There's still the Craig/OF situation, but I'm fine holding for a bit until something opens up.
Too many mouths to feed for my liking, he'll go through spurts of playing time when others are hurt/slumping but those will probably be mixed with too many 2-3 start weeks. Be patient, better options will be available.

Too many mouths to feed for my liking, he'll go through spurts of playing time when others are hurt/slumping but those will probably be mixed with too many 2-3 start weeks. Be patient, better options will be available.
Spent $7 (of $200). It very well could be a mistake, but I'll take it. I've made worse.

There are 2 1B on the wire that I'm interested in (Parmelee and Smoak). If playing time were equal, I'd rather have Adams. I don't need ABs from this roster spot at the moment. Just upside.

Users who are viewing this thread