Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana?

Is Jesus Montero ever going to hit in Seattle?

Avila is sitting out there, but for whatever reason I keep thinking Montero will eventually find a groove.

Avila or Jesus Montero going forward?

I dropped Montero for Perez, and would have dropped him for Buck, but I think Perez has more value ROS.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because of the way the Cubs employ Rizzo in the field in obvious bunt situations, he now has two official games as a  2Bman. Three more and he gets 2B in yahoo. 

Way to tim up the thread

If you have pitchers on your roster that you're afraid to start against the Padres, you might as well drop them. 

Avila is sitting out there, but for whatever reason I keep thinking Montero will eventually find a groove.

Montero better start hitting, imo.

Seattle has been talking up this kid they have in the minors - Zunino who was the third overall pick, and already at triple A. The way Seattle has been talking about him, he is a major league ready, impact type catcher.

Considering Seattle already has 3-4 DH type players on their team, if Montero doesn't start hitting, not sure wtf they are going to do with him

One of the more reactionary members in a small league dropped Halladay and Weaver (same guy dropped Stanton last year, to my benefit). Would you drop Homer Bailey and/or Niese for either/both? I have an open DL spot that I could use for Weaver.

Thinking of dropping Bailey, picking up Weaver and putting him on the DL, then picking up Halladay.

I would definitely grab Weaver. Can you put Halladay on the bench? I don't know if I'd want to start him until he showed some improvement.

Start Roy against the Marlins with confidence.

Seattle has been talking up this kid they have in the minors - Zunino who was the third overall pick, and already at triple A. The way Seattle has been talking about him, he is a major league ready, impact type catcher.

Considering Seattle already has 3-4 DH type players on their team, if Montero doesn't start hitting, not sure wtf they are going to do with him

Trade him to the Rays.

One of the more reactionary members in a small league dropped Halladay and Weaver (same guy dropped Stanton last year, to my benefit). Would you drop Homer Bailey and/or Niese for either/both? I have an open DL spot that I could use for Weaver.

Thinking of dropping Bailey, picking up Weaver and putting him on the DL, then picking up Halladay.

I would definitely grab Weaver. Can you put Halladay on the bench? I don't know if I'd want to start him until he showed some improvement.

Start Roy against the Marlins with confidence.

Pulled the trigger (dropped Bailey; kept Niese). Guess I'll see how he does against the Marlins.

Trade him to the Rays.

Yanks need a catcher -- Reverse the Pineda trade? :oldunsure:

Trade him to the Rays.

Yanks need a catcher -- Reverse the Pineda trade? :oldunsure:

not sure the M's would want Pineda back after the injury, though.

dropped Montero for Gattis this afternoon. Not sure how long Gattis sticks in the lineup after McCann gets back, but he's at least hitting.

If Reimold plays today he has hit Sabathia well. Garrett Jones has thumped Leake - 321/323/500 in 28 AB's. Prado, Goldy, Morales, and Uggla are a combined 2/49 against their starters today - Kershaw, Yu, and Detwiler - if you have alternatives.

Pedro Alvarez....time to let him go, or be patient and wait out the bad start? He's the only guy on my team who's really under performing, and he doesn't fit my team strategy (going for Runs/AVG/SB). I'm in a 12 team, fairly deep roster H2H league.

Pedro Alvarez....time to let him go, or be patient and wait out the bad start? He's the only guy on my team who's really under performing, and he doesn't fit my team strategy (going for Runs/AVG/SB). I'm in a 12 team, fairly deep roster H2H league.

For a deep 12-teamer, I'd lean towards holding. He's a slow starter.

He's not guarantee to wake up though. Who do you want to drop him for?

You knew he was streaky when you drafted him.

I have him in a league where I drafted him when he was still at Vanderbilt so my excuse is I didn't know what he was like. For now, I'm sitting him against LHP and hoping for the best.

You knew he was streaky when you drafted him.

I have him in a league where I drafted him when he was still at Vanderbilt so my excuse is I didn't know what he was like. For now, I'm sitting him against LHP and hoping for the best.

:goodposting:

For a deep 12-teamer, I'd lean towards holding. He's a slow starter.

He's not guarantee to wake up though. Who do you want to drop him for?

I'm thinking of using the spot either to go pick up a young prospect to stash (Nolan Arenado, Oscar Taveras, Billy Hamilton), or to use the roster spot to stream pitching. He's been on my bench for the past week, so it's not like I'm using him...but I don't want to wait too long to drop him if he's still doing awful in late June or so.

No sane person would actually start Teheran tonight, would they? (at WAS)

I kind of want to though (sadly, he's not a streamer for me, he's my SP 6 or 7)

Bottom of page: http://espn.go.com/fantasy/baseball/flb/dailynotes?page=mlbnotes130412

Last on the list today is Julio Teheran. His pitches aren't moving and his breaking balls are hanging. Sure, he's got a ton of potential, but with left-handed hitters bashing him to the tune of a .328 batting average for his career and a hot Bryce Harper in this Washington Nationals lineup? I'm not touching Teheran with a 10-foot pole today.

Jean Segura for real? Picked him up a bit ago but have Desmond at SS so he hasn't played. I have a few inquiries regarding his or Desmond's availability in a trade

He was actually a pretty big prospect when they got him (for Greinke?). He might be breaking out, but I usually tread lightly with guys that are racking up stats based on a ridiculous BA. I think he has a chance to break into the Elvis Andrus range of SS which would be worth a pickup in most cases.

Jean Segura for real? Picked him up a bit ago but have Desmond at SS so he hasn't played. I have a few inquiries regarding his or Desmond's availability in a trade

He was actually a pretty big prospect when they got him (for Greinke?). He might be breaking out, but I usually tread lightly with guys that are racking up stats based on a ridiculous BA. I think he has a chance to break into the Elvis Andrus range of SS which would be worth a pickup in most cases.

I'd like to see Segura start stealing some bases

Bottom of page: http://espn.go.com/fantasy/baseball/flb/dailynotes?page=mlbnotes130412

Last on the list today is Julio Teheran. His pitches aren't moving and his breaking balls are hanging. Sure, he's got a ton of potential, but with left-handed hitters bashing him to the tune of a .328 batting average for his career and a hot Bryce Harper in this Washington Nationals lineup? I'm not touching Teheran with a 10-foot pole today.

Those are some goofy rankings.

Straily whiffed 9 and walked none in 5 2/3 in his first AAA start, btw.

Nationals people are saying not to be concerned about Haren. So ... should I be concerned about Haren?

Part of me wants to take a flier on Kelvin Herrera or even try to re-grab Cishek, who I dropped earlier this week (I rarely focus on saves in a 10-team 6x6, and all I have now is Wilhelmsen and Henderson).

But I'm also tempted by Haren's next start against the Marlins.

Nationals people are saying not to be concerned about Haren. So ... should I be concerned about Haren?

Part of me wants to take a flier on Kelvin Herrera or even try to re-grab Cishek, who I dropped earlier this week (I rarely focus on saves in a 10-team 6x6, and all I have now is Wilhelmsen and Henderson).

But I'm also tempted by Haren's next start against the Marlins.

I'm a Nats fan and Haren owner and he will remain on my bench as I have better options. He was better last night though if the wind wasn't blowing in Rios would have had a HR instead of a double off the wall.

More on Dan Haren’s second start, his reliance on his splitter

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/wp/2013/04/12/more-on-dan-harens-second-start-his-reliance-on-his-splitter/

Talked to some Braves fans at the game Sunday, they said Teheran had no idea where he was throwing the ball. Give him a couple more starts before tossing him out there again.

Talked to some Braves fans at the game Sunday, they said Teheran had no idea where he was throwing the ball. Give him a couple more starts before tossing him out there again.

I watched Teheran the first game...he was getting ahead, he just couldnt put anyone away...had no out pitch.

Having said that, I ran him out there last night...

I watched Teheran the first game...he was getting ahead, he just couldnt put anyone away...had no out pitch.

Having said that, I ran him out there last night...

I wasn't able to really pay attention to the game until late, but in the glimpses I saw in the middle, he seemed to be settling in.

I'm holding and he gets PIT next. I'll certainly roll him out for that, accepting that a blow-up is still very possible.

Ugh...need someone to fill in for Reyes while I try to make a trade.

Marwin Gonzalez?

Kozma?

Brandon Crawford?

that's about it..,.

Crawford, they're all bottom of the order no power/speed types but his approach seems the most developed so at least you can expect a reasonable batting avg. while the othjers could get cold quickly.

Marwin Gonzalez?

Kozma?

Brandon Crawford?

that's about it..,.

Yikes. Hold your nose with Kozma until you can find something. But work quickly.

Marwin Gonzalez?

Kozma?

Brandon Crawford?

that's about it..,.

Crawford, they're all bottom of the order no power/speed types but his approach seems the most developed so at least you can expect a reasonable batting avg. while the othjers could get cold quickly.

They had him batting second yesterday so maybe that's a good sign.

Marwin Gonzalez?

Kozma?

Brandon Crawford?

that's about it..,.

Yikes. Hold your nose with Kozma until you can find something. But work quickly.

Trying to get Daniel Murphy from someone who has him sitting on his bench. I'm still gonna have to make another deal for more speed after losing Reyes and Saunders.

Might have dropped Bonifacio a day early in one league. Even when Lawrie comes back Izturis will have to move to short, so will the Jays dare put DeRosa at 2nd over Bonifcaio? Can't think they would, even with Bonifacio scuffling on defense.

Marwin Gonzalez?

Kozma?

Brandon Crawford?

that's about it..,.

Just noticed Stephen Drew is also available. Any chance of a resurgence in Boston?

Marwin Gonzalez?

Kozma?

Brandon Crawford?

that's about it..,.

Just noticed Stephen Drew is also available. Any chance of a resurgence in Boston?

You've got to take a shot on that happening over playing one of those three.

Marwin Gonzalez?

Kozma?

Brandon Crawford?

that's about it..,.

Best option of the 4. At least for the week it takes until he gets hurt. Then when that happens, go ge Iglesias

Marwin Gonzalez?

Kozma?

Brandon Crawford?

that's about it..,.

His triple slash the last 2 years has been poor and I doubt he plays every day, Crawford will and since he may be up to the 2 hole I'd roll the dice on him instead.

Marwin Gonzalez?

Kozma?

Brandon Crawford?

that's about it..,.

His triple slash the last 2 years has been poor and I doubt he plays every day, Crawford will and since he may be up to the 2 hole I'd roll the dice on him instead.

Drew's been .238/.313/.373 over the last 2 years

And Crawford's been .235/.299/.333 over the last 2 years. The kid's a glove, nothing else and there's nothing in his minor league numbers that suggest that this is going to change.

I personally wouldn't be letting a hot start, over 11 games, make me think Crawford is a serviceable bat

Marwin Gonzalez?

Kozma?

Brandon Crawford?

that's about it..,.

And Crawford's been .235/.299/.333 over the last 2 years. The kid's a glove, nothing else and there's nothing in his minor league numbers that suggest that this is going to change.

I personally wouldn't be letting a hot start, over 11 games, make me think Crawford is a serviceable bat

If I am looking in a one-two week window personally I prefer hot players to marginally better ones coming off injury.

Curious MAC, how do you determine when a hot streak becomes a cold one? Seems like a slippery slope you're playing with here.

Chasing random numbers in small sample sizes seems like a losing strategy, but I'll defer to the guy with the awesome keeper league team. :MBrosterpostflex:

Marwin Gonzalez?

Kozma?

Brandon Crawford?

that's about it..,.

If I am looking in a one-two week window personally I prefer hot players to marginally better ones coming off injury.

What does a one-two week window have to do with this?

Marwin Gonzalez?

Kozma?

Brandon Crawford?

that's about it..,.

He plans to cut a deal for another guy, just needs a stop gap right now.

Curious MAC, how do you determine when a hot streak becomes a cold one? Seems like a slippery slope you're playing with here.

Chasing random numbers in small sample sizes seems like a losing strategy, but I'll defer to the guy with the awesome keeper league team. :MBrosterpostflex:

If you want a serious response stop being a ####.

Marwin Gonzalez?

Kozma?

Brandon Crawford?

that's about it..,.

He plans to cut a deal for another guy, just needs a stop gap right now.

He's going to try to. I know how my league works. Everyone's real nice and accommodating in situations like this. I'm sure he'll get a quality SS for dimes on the dollar before the weekend is over and this discussion is just a waste of time.