What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (3 Viewers)

I guess I don't have difficulty executing deals because I usually use pitching to get it done if I don't have depth elsewhere. Find the team with weak pitching and depth at the hole I need filled, work a deal, usually successful. Try to patch pitching together with sticky tack and glue.

Why would you have deep pitching in the first place? This seems to go against your philosophy.
I usually end up with several good pitchers for cheap, that's kind of the goal of my whole pitching strategy. Fister, Ryu, and Minor make up the top of my rotation behind my aces. Deeper I picked up Detwiler, Masterson, Burnett, and Griffin. We'll see how Slowey and Bills do. I think Vogelsong turns it around.

It's not that I just don't have any pitching. I have a lot of perceived question marks, idea is to be right about those question marks, deal the 'safer' guys then try to uncover more question marks as the season goes on. Quantity > Quality approach.

Curious MAC, how do you determine when a hot streak becomes a cold one? Seems like a slippery slope you're playing with here.

Chasing random numbers in small sample sizes seems like a losing strategy, but I'll defer to the guy with the awesome keeper league team. :MBrosterpostflex:
If you want a serious response stop being a ####.
I don't need a serious answer because I already know what the answer is... you're chasing imaginary trends if you're suggesting playing Brandon Crawford for a 1-2 week period based on his .280 start to the season. Furthermore, you're making the suggestion under the false pretense of Crawford seeing significant time from the #2 spot in the lineup.

You're the one giving bad advice in here, and that -- to me-- is being a ####. Don't get mad at me for calling your bull#### out so the rest of these people don't take your advice seriously.

Even Ditka, who is well-documented in his distaste for me, seems to be coming around to my line of thinking on your posting. BVFWIH. :ph34r:

Curious MAC, how do you determine when a hot streak becomes a cold one? Seems like a slippery slope you're playing with here.

Chasing random numbers in small sample sizes seems like a losing strategy, but I'll defer to the guy with the awesome keeper league team. :MBrosterpostflex:
If you want a serious response stop being a ####.
I don't need a serious answer because I already know what the answer is... you're chasing imaginary trends if you're suggesting playing Brandon Crawford for a 1-2 week period based on his .280 start to the season. Furthermore, you're making the suggestion under the false pretense of Crawford seeing significant time from the #2 spot in the lineup.

You're the one giving bad advice in here, and that -- to me-- is being a ####. Don't get mad at me for calling your bull#### out so the rest of these people don't take your advice seriously.

Even Ditka, who is well-documented in his distaste for me, seems to be coming around to my line of thinking on your posting. BVFWIH. :ph34r:
I say 'may be' based on what another poster said about where he batted last night and you read 'seeing significant playing time from the #2.'

Hello, stereotypical internet troll, how are you today?

I never would've imagined Stephen Drew vs. Brandon Crawford would spark such an intense debate. :football:
I don't even feel that strongly about it, just prefer Crawford. RnR fished and hooked me. Good on him. Clearly is his goal in life.
Ditka did all the heavy lifting by actually entertaining your Crawford theory. He's the guy you're having the Drew vs. Crawford discussion with.

I just used it as an opportunity to point out how you are completely clueless while masquerading as some sort of fantasy baseball expert. If that's my goal in life, at least it will be for the betterment of the forum.

I never would've imagined Stephen Drew vs. Brandon Crawford would spark such an intense debate. :football:
I don't even feel that strongly about it, just prefer Crawford. RnR fished and hooked me. Good on him. Clearly is his goal in life.
Ditka did all the heavy lifting by actually entertaining your Crawford theory. He's the guy you're having the Drew vs. Crawford discussion with. I just used it as an opportunity to point out how you are completely clueless while masquerading as some sort of fantasy baseball expert. If that's my goal in life, at least it will be for the betterment of the forum.
You call it entertaining, I call it dismantling.

Watch for Cingrani to get called up if Cueto goes on the DL. I'm thinking about dropping Ethier, Hellickson, or Teheran for him.

Jean Segura for real? Picked him up a bit ago but have Desmond at SS so he hasn't played. I have a few inquiries regarding his or Desmond's availability in a trade
He was actually a pretty big prospect when they got him (for Greinke?). He might be breaking out, but I usually tread lightly with guys that are racking up stats based on a ridiculous BA. I think he has a chance to break into the Elvis Andrus range of SS which would be worth a pickup in most cases.
True, but he was known for his glove moreso than his bat. This has been a very pleasant surprise so far. Ride him until he goes cold.

I have two open roster spots. Could use help pitching but also just looking to pick up good players. Any chance you guys can help rank these players for me?

Nick Tepesch

Andrew Bailey

Tony Cingrani

Evan Gattis

Matt Adams

Thanks

I have two open roster spots. Could use help pitching but also just looking to pick up good players. Any chance you guys can help rank these players for me?

Nick Tepesch

Andrew Bailey

Tony Cingrani

Evan Gattis

Matt Adams

Thanks
If I had to pick up two I am going with Evan Gattis and Bailey but it depends really on what you need etc. Do you need a catcher? Do you need a RP or does a SP fit more? I think Bailey could be poised to take over the closer job if Hanrahan has a few more bad outings.

Then I probably go Cingrani as a speculative add for potential over Adams because of lack of playing time. Tepesch could be something but he isn't on my fantasy radar yet above the guys listed.

Is it wrong for me to hope someone on the Cards dies so Matt Adams gets everyday at bats?
picked him up for a dollar at the end of my nl only draft. I think he will eventually get traded this year, just hopefully not to an al team. there is just a log jam of players for the Cards blocking him. Even if Beltran/Holliday get hurt, I wonder if they will just call up Tavares instead of moving Craig full time to a corner spot.Adams has a ton of talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it wrong for me to hope someone on the Cards dies so Matt Adams gets everyday at bats?
picked him up for a dollar at the end of my nl only draft. I think he will eventually get traded this year, just hopefully not to an al team. there is just a log jam of players for the Cards blocking him. Even if Beltran/Holliday get hurt, I wonder if they will just call up Tavares instead of moving Craig full time to a corner spot.Adams has a ton of talent.
Without having any knowledge, I would seriously doubt that. As of right now, he's a really nice, dirt cheap insurance policy for a contender with some older players. I'm not sure how STL goes about things, but Allen Craig was 27 before he got everyday ABs and and the WS MVP was 28. Carpenter is 27 and is now finally getting that opportunity. Jon Jay was 26 before he got regular ABs, and is now looking to have his first 500 AB season at the age of 28. They don't mind letting good young players stay blocked for a long time. In fact, the evidence suggests they might prefer it. I'm an owner myself, but it appears that the 24 YO Adams might have a long time to wait with this franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pedro Alvarez has been terrible and I have been starting Lorenzo Cain the past few days in a Utility spot.

Lucas Duda is available and has shown power and gets on base (9 walks...we have a walks category in this league). Does anyone know if Duda is legit?

I have two open roster spots. Could use help pitching but also just looking to pick up good players. Any chance you guys can help rank these players for me? Nick TepeschAndrew BaileyTony CingraniEvan GattisMatt Adams Thanks
gattis and congrani
If these are just open spots that aren't of daily use, I'd grab and hold Adams. He'll hold the most value if there is an injury or a trade in the upcoming weeks.

Without having any knowledge, I would seriously doubt that. As of right now, he's a really nice, dirt cheap insurance policy for a contender with some older players. I'm not sure how STL goes about things, but Allen Craig was 27 before he got everyday ABs and and the WS MVP was 28. Carpenter is 27 and is now finally getting that opportunity. Jon Jay was 26 before he got regular ABs, and is now looking to have his first 500 AB season at the age of 28. They don't mind letting good young players stay blocked for a long time. In fact, the evidence suggests they might prefer it. I'm an owner myself, but it appears that the 24 YO Adams might have a long time to wait with this franchise.
I think its also important to point out they only have 1 hole on their roster at the moment, and that's shortstop. So unless someone is moving a quality shortstop, I don't see why they'd move Adams.

I think its also important to point out they only have 1 hole on their roster at the moment, and that's shortstop. So unless someone is moving a quality shortstop, I don't see why they'd move Adams.
That's exactly why they would move him. We'll see what happens in the next few months, but I suspect the whispers of Tulo to Cards in the spring may be revisited in July if the Rockies are not in contention. Cards have a lot of attractive pieces right now and -- as you pointed out -- only one glaring hole on the roster.

That's exactly why they would move him. We'll see what happens in the next few months, but I suspect the whispers of Tulo to Cards in the spring may be revisited in July if the Rockies are not in contention. Cards have a lot of attractive pieces right now and -- as you pointed out -- only one glaring hole on the roster.
I think the rumors of Tulo of to the Cards was wishing, just like the rumors of Felix to the Yanks.

I think the rumors of Tulo of to the Cards was wishing, just like the rumors of Felix to the Yanks.
Wishing by whom? It was not coming from the St. Louis media that I recall.

The Cards have the capacity to take on his contract, the prospects to satisfy the Rockies, and the need at the position.

The Rockies could benefit from the acquisition of 3 or 4 near-MLB ready prospects, move Rutledge to SS, and still have Cargo as the face of the franchise.

There's more to it than wishing, but I will agree that there is little indication that the Rockies or Cards have given this more than a passing glance.

any word on whether they'll bring up Cingrani?
Just saw this on rotoworld:

Tony Cingrani was pulled after two innings in his start for Triple-A Louisville on Sunday.
Cingrani will take Johnny Cueto's spot in the Reds' rotation if Cueto's triceps injury forces him to miss time. The left-hander struck out five of the six batters he faced on Sunday and now has 26 strikeouts without allowing a run over his 14 1/3 Triple-A innings this season.

Wishing by whom? It was not coming from the St. Louis media that I recall.

The Cards have the capacity to take on his contract, the prospects to satisfy the Rockies, and the need at the position.

The Rockies could benefit from the acquisition of 3 or 4 near-MLB ready prospects, move Rutledge to SS, and still have Cargo as the face of the franchise.

There's more to it than wishing, but I will agree that there is little indication that the Rockies or Cards have given this more than a passing glance.
Wishing by fanbases and writers. There's been no indication that the Rockies want to move Tulo and pretty sure the scouting reports of Rutledge at short were fairly negative. Also, Trevor Story is likely several years away from being ready. The Cards have the resources to get anyone that's on the market; it's just that there have been no indications that Tulo is on the market.

Just saw this on rotoworld: Tony Cingrani was pulled after two innings in his start for Triple-A Louisville on Sunday.Cingrani will take Johnny Cueto's spot in the Reds' rotation if Cueto's triceps injury forces him to miss time. The left-hander struck out five of the six batters he faced on Sunday and now has 26 strikeouts without allowing a run over his 14 1/3 Triple-A innings this season.
I think Cueto's next start was slated for Thursday the 18th.

Just saw this on rotoworld: Tony Cingrani was pulled after two innings in his start for Triple-A Louisville on Sunday.Cingrani will take Johnny Cueto's spot in the Reds' rotation if Cueto's triceps injury forces him to miss time. The left-hander struck out five of the six batters he faced on Sunday and now has 26 strikeouts without allowing a run over his 14 1/3 Triple-A innings this season.
I think Cueto's next start was slated for Thursday the 18th.
That would be against the Miami AAA team.

Please, please, please, please, please trade him to the Rockies. PLEASE!!!!!!!

Would it really take 3-4 major league ready prospects to get Tulo from the Rockies? Didn't he sign a huge contract extension? And he hasn't exactly been the picture of health.

With Danny Espinosa getting hit in the hand, it looks like I need a new SS (blessing in disguise perhaps...). There isnt a whole lot on the waiver wire:

Jhonny Peralta

Pete Kozma

Brandon Crawford

Marwin Gonzalez

Zack Cozart

Ruben Tejada

Any thoughts? Someone else I should be considering?

With Danny Espinosa getting hit in the hand, it looks like I need a new SS (blessing in disguise perhaps...). There isnt a whole lot on the waiver wire:

Jhonny Peralta

Pete Kozma

Brandon Crawford

Marwin Gonzalez

Zack Cozart

Ruben Tejada

Any thoughts? Someone else I should be considering?
Cozart

Users who are viewing this thread