What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (2 Viewers)

pollardsvision said:
Oswaldo Arcia is coming up, for a few days at least. 36 bombs last year. .374/.540 in 6 seasons in minors, and on fire in AAA this year.

I think I'm adding him over Cingrani.
17 homers last year. 36 doubles though...maybe that's what you were looking at? That .374 number seems off too. (329/308 last year between AA/A+)

Anyhoo, I'm a big fan and he's looking good tonight. He's up because Wilkin Ramirez is on paternity leave for a couple of days. What may happen is that Arcia shows enough in a couple of days to force Hicks to the minors. Which would make Mastroianni a potential WW grab for steals. Then again, Arcia is only 21, so if he's up and not playing every day, it's a waste. Parmelee is playing ok and Willingham is in left -- so, something would have to give.
Oops, yeah, I was looking at his doubles.

The .374 is his minor league career OBP.

pollardsvision said:
Oswaldo Arcia is coming up, for a few days at least. 36 bombs last year. .374/.540 in 6 seasons in minors, and on fire in AAA this year.

17 homers last year. 36 doubles though...maybe that's what you were looking at? That .374 number seems off too. (329/308 last year between AA/A+)

Anyhoo, I'm a big fan and he's looking good tonight. He's up because Wilkin Ramirez is on paternity leave for a couple of days. What may happen is that Arcia shows enough in a couple of days to force Hicks to the minors. Which would make Mastroianni a potential WW grab for steals. Then again, Arcia is only 21, so if he's up and not playing every day, it's a waste. Parmelee is playing ok and Willingham is in left -- so, something would have to give.

Sent back down

Curious on opinions on accidental add/drops. I'm torn between "every commissioner site in the world makes you validate the add/drop after you select the players, so if you screw it up it's your own fault" and "it was an honest mistake, we'll correct it for you, don't do it again".

Curious on opinions on accidental add/drops. I'm torn between "every commissioner site in the world makes you validate the add/drop after you select the players, so if you screw it up it's your own fault" and "it was an honest mistake, we'll correct it for you, don't do it again".
Which player is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Panicked owner dropped Josh Johnson. Should I be (excited or afraid) for his two start week against the White Sox and Yankees?

Which player is it?
A guy dropped Brett Anderson, said he meant to drop Bedard. I'm sure it will be reversed, I just wonder with the double verification (Yahoo league) how stuff like this happens.

Which player is it?
A guy dropped Brett Anderson, said he meant to drop Bedard. I'm sure it will be reversed, I just wonder with the double verification (Yahoo league) how stuff like this happens.
He could have been doing it on his phone. My transaction for Johnson above was on my phone, and with the abbreviations and different acronyms in the apps I triple checked to make sure I was getting the right guy.

If you're a little careless you could easily make a mistake.

Not that Brett Anderson has been good, but there is zero reason to think that someone would dump him over Bedard, who shouldn't be rostered in almost any league

I imagine he is gone in almost every league, but Matt Carpenter now has 2B eligibility. Won't steal bases or hit for much power, but will bat .300, score some runs batting in the 2 slot, and has 1B/2B/3B/OF eligibility.

Nationals people are saying not to be concerned about Haren. So ... should I be concerned about Haren?

Part of me wants to take a flier on Kelvin Herrera or even try to re-grab Cishek, who I dropped earlier this week (I rarely focus on saves in a 10-team 6x6, and all I have now is Wilhelmsen and Henderson).

But I'm also tempted by Haren's next start against the Marlins.
I'm a Nats fan and Haren owner and he will remain on my bench as I have better options. He was better last night though if the wind wasn't blowing in Rios would have had a HR instead of a double off the wall.

More on Dan Haren’s second start, his reliance on his splitterhttp://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/wp/2013/04/12/more-on-dan-harens-second-start-his-reliance-on-his-splitter/
Decided to give him one last chance against the "pathetic" Marlins.

:X

:bye:

Sent back down
Called back up.

Is Jose Veras even worth rostering?

He has been terrible and has recorded zero saves.
He's really trying the general principle (that firmly believe in) that all closers must be owned, outside of very shallow leagues.

I'm holding until the job is officially given to someone else, and I'm hoping it happens soon so I can clear up that roster spot.

Lost Aaron Hill for a while and am looking for a 2B (HTH points league).

My options are the likes of:

C Getz

E Bonaficio

K Johnson

Yuni B

:X thinkging about Yuni B to shtick it up amongst some Brewer fans. Other thoughts?

C Getz

E Bonaficio

K Johnson

Yuni B

:X thinkging about Yuni B to shtick it up amongst some Brewer fans. Other thoughts?
Bonifacio and hope for SBs

C Getz

E Bonaficio

K Johnson

Yuni B

I'd take Kelly Johnson and for me, it's not even close.

C Getz

E Bonaficio

K Johnson

Yuni B

In a weekly points league I think it's close. Like Kelly more in daily leagues, so I can bench him vs. lefties but Bonifacio has an opportunity to hit lead off for a long time with the Reyes injury. Not going to blame someone for going either way, but right now I slightly lean Boni.

C Getz

E Bonaficio

K Johnson

Yuni B

In a weekly points league I think it's close. Like Kelly more in daily leagues, so I can bench him vs. lefties but Bonifacio has an opportunity to hit lead off for a long time with the Reyes injury. Not going to blame someone for going either way, but right now I slightly lean Boni.
You're right. I've just disliked Bonifacio, for some reason, for so long that I'm underrating him now.

Speaking of Parker, he got dropped, as did Wandy.

Considering grabbing one to hang onto until they either turn it around or get healthy.

Which do you guys think is a better roll of the dice over the course of the season (or should they both be left on the wire for streaming)?

Leaning Wandy, though, I'm not real fired up about his likely first start back (ATL).

Considering grabbing one to hang onto until they either turn it around or get healthy.

Which do you guys think is a better roll of the dice over the course of the season (or should they both be left on the wire for streaming)?

Leaning Wandy, though, I'm not real fired up about his likely first start back (ATL).
Parker seems like a DL/demotion coming soon, I'd leave him alone. Given Wandy's current health, team, and upcoming matchup I'd leave him alone until after his Atlanta start. Pick up Arroyo, start vs.Miami, then consider Wandy after seeing what he does vs. Atlanta.

Parker seems like a DL/demotion coming soon, I'd leave him alone. Given Wandy's current health, team, and upcoming matchup I'd leave him alone until after his Atlanta start. Pick up Arroyo, start vs.Miami, then consider Wandy after seeing what he does vs. Atlanta.
Makes sense.

Thoughts on Jose Quintana? Thinking about picking him up.
Sample size is way too small, but K's are up and so is his velo. In a deeper league I'd take an add now and ask questions later approach. Favorable matchups next week too.

C Getz

E Bonaficio

K Johnson

Yuni B

You're right. I've just disliked Bonifacio, for some reason, for so long that I'm underrating him now.
Bonifacio has been really bad so far. I think it says a lot that Munenori Kawasaki is playing over him.Once Bautista is healthy, he'll be a backup outfielder who has to share time with Rajai Davis in that role and a backup 2B, who at best shares time with Izturis.

Is Yasiel Puig or Bruce Rondo worth hanging onto and stashing? I just got Headley back and need to find someone to drop.

Thanks
Probably unload Puig, he needs an injury to be of value, Rondon has an opportunity waiting he just has to pitch better. Wouldn't be married to either though, Rondon's a watch list guy in most cases imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to Aaron Hill injury my 2B situation is bleak. I currently have Bonifacio & Keppinger and on the WW is Getz and Dozier. Dozier seems sneaky.

Any opinions?

C Getz

E Bonaficio

K Johnson

Yuni B

Cheap steals guys are easy to dislike. Nobody can go from being a key cog in a fantasy lineup to riding some real-life pine quicker than them.

I have Villanueva sitting in my "streamer" spot. Looking at how he's pitched this year, and particularly today's dominance, someone please talk me off the ledge.

There's no way he's pulling a Cliff Lee is there? No way, right?

C Getz

E Bonaficio

K Johnson

Yuni B

Cheap steals guys are easy to dislike. Nobody can go from being a key cog in a fantasy lineup to riding some real-life pine quicker than them.
Yeah, I'm not a fan. I don't mind them at SS and, to a lesser degree 2B (which I guess is about to include Boni is about to get), but I loathe them in the outfield. Just too many OF's that can help in so many areas than to burn an OF5 slot on a speed only guy.

I have Villanueva sitting in my "streamer" spot. Looking at how he's pitched this year, and particularly today's dominance, someone please talk me off the ledge.

There's no way he's pulling a Cliff Lee is there? No way, right?
In Toronto in both 2011 and 2012 he was great in his first few starts but then wore down as he compiled more and more innings.

Users who are viewing this thread