Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because of the way the Cubs employ Rizzo in the field in obvious bunt situations, he now has two official games as a  2Bman. Three more and he gets 2B in yahoo. 

Way to tim up the thread

If you have pitchers on your roster that you're afraid to start against the Padres, you might as well drop them. 

I have Villanueva sitting in my "streamer" spot. Looking at how he's pitched this year, and particularly today's dominance, someone please talk me off the ledge.

There's no way he's pulling a Cliff Lee is there? No way, right?

In Toronto in both 2011 and 2012 he was great in his first few starts but then wore down as he compiled more and more innings.

Yeah, I think I'll toss him back and keep streaming in that spot. His BABip against is pretty low (.192) and was getting a huge strikezone yesterday, from what I saw (though Ogando wasn't able to take advantage of it).

Guy in my league already dropped Seager. A bit early for that, no?

Early, but not crazy depending on the league. If there are some cornemen with a little pop on the wire, I could see cutting Seaer. It's hard to wait too long on a SEA 3B with modest power and a .312 OBP in over 900 PA's.

Edited by pollardsvision

Early, but not crazy depending on the league. If there are some cornemen with a little pop on the wire, I could see cutting Seaer. It's hard to wait too long on a SEA 3B with modest power and a .312 OBP in over 900 PA's.

This is a pretty deep league. 14 team dynasty. 24-man rosters. I had Seager last year and opted to put him back in the pool this season. He was overrated going into the draft, so I didn't target him. But still, seems like a useful fill-in guy at 2B/3B to me. Guy who dropped him just got Headley back, so I guess that was his reasoning. I picked Seager up and dropped Infante.

This is a pretty deep league. 14 team dynasty. 24-man rosters. I had Seager last year and opted to put him back in the pool this season. He was overrated going into the draft, so I didn't target him. But still, seems like a useful fill-in guy at 2B/3B to me. Guy who dropped him just got Headley back, so I guess that was his reasoning. I picked Seager up and dropped Infante.

Oh, yeah, I'd definitely pick him up in that situation.

And I agree, I'm not a huge fan, but I'd do everything to find a way to own him in a 300+ player league.

Someone dropped Reyes in a redraft. Is he done for the year or is this a lingering thing?..or did this guy just panic too early? We don't have DL's....so maybe he thinks he can get him back later?

No DL? If you have a shallow bench too he may have a valid reason. Tough to sit on even great players for 2 months with no DL. I'd give the situation a look, but it really depends on a lot of factors.

The wall-to-wall coverage from Watertown is detracting from the Julio Borbon waivers saga

Someone in my league did just drop Borbon 2.0.

I posted this in the Rangers thread

Not an ideal situation for Borbon and the few people other than me who own him in fantasy. Someone is going to have to be traded or injured for Borbon to find significant run with the Cubs.

I think he just kind of wore out his welcome in Texas. It remains to be seen if Martin is really a better option but he is the new guy.

The wall-to-wall coverage from Watertown is detracting from the Julio Borbon waivers saga

Someone in my league did just drop Borbon 2.0.

I posted this in the Rangers thread

Not an ideal situation for Borbon and the few people other than me who own him in fantasy. Someone is going to have to be traded or injured for Borbon to find significant run with the Cubs.

I think he just kind of wore out his welcome in Texas. It remains to be seen if Martin is really a better option but he is the new guy.

I was actually referring to Martin.

Wade Davis is looking super-sharp this year, building on his success in the pen last year. The big change here is a heavier reliance on his cutter, which has spiked up his K rates.

screw it, claiming him. Still having difficulty coming to terms with a pitcher improving going from Tampa to KC but, here we are.

Wade Davis is looking super-sharp this year, building on his success in the pen last year. The big change here is a heavier reliance on his cutter, which has spiked up his K rates.

screw it, claiming him. Still having difficulty coming to terms with a pitcher improving going from Tampa to KC but, here we are.

I think the improvements really started happening in 2012 2H when he was in the pen, and he's just carried them over with him.

I think the improvements really started happening in 2012 2H when he was in the pen, and he's just carried them over with him.

I want him. Just struggling with whether or not I'd start him against DET and whether or not it makes sense to pick up a SP that I won't be starting for a week and a half.

Ryan Zimmerman to the DL with a hamstring. Anthony Rendon called up and in the lineup at 3rd today. Debating if I should cut Puig for him. I think I'm going to do it. 10 team 5x5 NL only.

Ryan Zimmerman to the DL with a hamstring. Anthony Rendon called up and in the lineup at 3rd today. Debating if I should cut Puig for him. I think I'm going to do it. 10 team 5x5 NL only.

Definitely would do that. Both comparable prospects, so I'd always go with the bird in the hand.

I need a 2b desperately. Both keppinger and bonifacio have been worthless and hill is on the dl for another month. Any ideas?

I'm in the same boat. If I was in an OBP league I'd consider Kelly Johnson, but I'm not.

I need a 2b desperately. Both keppinger and bonifacio have been worthless and hill is on the dl for another month. Any ideas?

I'm in the same boat. If I was in an OBP league I'd consider Kelly Johnson, but I'm not.
im in a weekly league which sucks cuz he sits vs lefties, right?

im in a weekly league which sucks cuz he sits vs lefties, right?

Johnson got the start on Friday against a LHP

You are going to have to wait awhile, but I think Rendon is in Washington to stay and will take over for Espinosa at 2nd once Zimmerman comes back from the DL.

Allen Webster starts for the Red Sox in game 2 today. He's the prospect who came over from the Dodgers in the Gonzo deal. He was considered the best prospect in the International League. He looks to be up here just temporary at this time, however.

Possessing a high-90s fastball, he was one of the most impressive players in spring training this year, but was sent to the minors to start the season because he had never before played above Double-A.Although it was just two games, Webster was off to a strong start for Pawtucket. He doesnt have a decision, but has posted a 0.90 ERA over 10 innings, while striking out 12 batters and allowing just seven hits.The Boston Globes Nick Cafardo reported that scouts have little to say in the way of negativity about the prospect:According to scouts, Webster has been throwing 97-99 miles per hour, overwhelming Triple-A hitters. If he has one flaw, according to one scout, it is that he still hasnt learned to waste a pitch. He sometimes throws his changeup for strikes or makes it "too good," according to one American League scout.According to The Boston Globes Julian Benbow, Webster has five pitches in his arsenal. Boston director of player development Ben Crockett explained that increased command has been key to his growth as a pitcher:His fastball moves so much that he doesnt necessarily have to be really fine with it, throwing it to the black at all times. Because of the late action and the velocity that he has on that pitch, he has the luxury of probably pitching a little bit more to the halves of the plate or the thirds of the plate than the corners, like some guys need to.Its expected that Webster will be sent back to Pawtucket once the game is over. The Providence Journals Tim Britton reported that the Red Sox are taking advantage of baseballs 26th-man loophole for doubleheaders that allows an extra player to be activated without a corresponding deactivation, as long as that player is sent back down afterward.Britton also indicated that the move is being made to allow left-hander Felix Doubront to pitch Wednesday instead of needing an extra starter that day or having Clay Buchholz pitch on short rest.

You are going to have to wait awhile, but I think Rendon is in Washington to stay and will take over for Espinosa at 2nd once Zimmerman comes back from the DL.

I can see him in a platoon with Espinosa, but not sure he takes his job, Espinosa is a very good fielder and has power and steals bases.

Any chance Bourjos stays in the leadoff spot once Aybar returns? He's hitting for average right now but not walking much or stealing. I'm debating between him and Reimold to fill a DL spot.

Definitely a chance, he ran in the minors and 2011 but has inexplicably stopped since then. II guess it depends if you're chasing the hot hand and need someone in your lineup or looking long term throughout the season, I feel more comfortable betting on Reimold's skills but opportunity and hot hand is clearly on Bourjos right now.

Add Kuroda or Masterson? Also Greg Holland or Andrew Bailey?

In that shallow of a league I'd rotate week to week. Masterson has 2 starts this week against a team he has had a lot of success against (Chicago) and a team not hitting well right now (Kansas City), Kuroda draws Tampa who has lit him up before. Likewise with RP, I don't trust Bailey to still be pitching next month, but in this shallow of a league you can replace him when that happens. Ride the hot hand right now and go Bailey.

rookie owner in 14-team mixed just dropped Asdrubal Cabrera. back up the FAAB truck on this one?

Depends on my roster, but if I have a need and my lineup is pretty set elsewhere I'd consider up to half budget.

I'm in a 10 teamer with shallow benches. I own Fowler but am thinking about switching to Lorenzo Cain.

Thoughts on Cain vs Fowler?

I would start with anyone looking to replace Fowler right now is out of their minds and should not have drafted him in the first place if they were going to ask questions like this 3 weeks into the season given his current numbers.

Fowler is at the top of a very good lineup and plays half his games at altitude too. I think replacing Fowler w/ Cain is overthinking it a bit. Fowler is going to score a lot of runs hitting from the 1 or 2 spot, steal a handful of bases, is showing some unexpected pop, and probably won't hurt your avg/obp. hold tight, imo.