What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (8 Viewers)

Swing 51 said:
Drop Konerko, add Arencibia, and move Santana from C to 1B?
Having two catchers is only good in two catcher leagues....and even then its questionable. surely you have somebody else to drop.

Swing 51 said:
Two days later I expect to come in here and read: "Some chump in my league dropped Konerko. I have to spend all my FAAB on him, right?"

Swing 51 said:
Having two catchers is only good in two catcher leagues....and even then its questionable. surely you have somebody else to drop.
Disagree with this. I have three: Posey I play at C, Napoli at CI and Perez at UT. Keeps them off other teams and all those guys are good.

Swing 51 said:
Two days later I expect to come in here and read: "Some chump in my league dropped Konerko. I have to spend all my FAAB on him, right?"
It might be the end. I know he was dinged last year, but he still doesn't look good. His highest OPS over the last 5 months is .785.

Swing 51 said:
It might be the end. I know he was dinged last year, but he still doesn't look good. His highest OPS over the last 5 months is .785.
I guess I'll step back from the ledge and give Pauly some more time. Arencibia seems to K or hit a HR.

Moving on from Rendon. He'll be good one day, but it doesn't appear it'll be now. Either way, that" taking the job and running with it so that he's got to force his way into the lineup somehow even after Zimm returns" thing doesn't appear it'll happen.

Hopefully, Arenado will still be there in a couple of days.

Swing 51 said:
I waited in my draft for 1B and took Pauly. If it's the end I think I'm going down with him. He's too good of a hitter to just drop off in my opinion. I'm holding.

Early FAAB research with the draft monopolizing my attention this weekend - Gee, Kendrick, Nova, and Wood. They get Miami, Miami, Houston, and San Diego respectively.

Who is rolling with Marcum this weekend against the Phillies? I added him a week ago and am probably going to take him off the DL and start him.

Also, I'm trying to figure the FAAB I should put up for Cuddyer who for some odd reason was dropped in my league. I'm dumping Gardner for Cuddyer soon because Fowler has been everything Gardner isn't.

Last night was a nice payoff for starting Big Puma everyday.

Swing 51 said:
I waited in my draft for 1B and took Pauly. If it's the end I think I'm going down with him. He's too good of a hitter to just drop off in my opinion. I'm holding.
The guy's 37 years old. Even the greatest hitters 'just drop off' at some point. Sadly, I think that point is in full gear.

Swing 51 said:
Both you and the Sox

Swing 51 said:
Both you and the Sox
:(

Swing 51 said:
The guy's 37 years old. Even the greatest hitters 'just drop off' at some point. Sadly, I think that point is in full gear.
What have you seen from him that makes you think so? I know he's started out slow but so have many others.....it's flipping freezing out there and not fun weather to play baseball in.

Swing 51 said:
What have you seen from him that makes you think so? I know he's started out slow but so have many others.....it's flipping freezing out there and not fun weather to play baseball in.
His BABIP exactly matches his AVG (.232). He's due some improvement there. His SO% isn't significantly higher than it's been in recent years--15% isn't bad for a power hitter. His BB% is down but it's a very small sample size.

His line drive % is actually up, as is his fly ball %. His ground ball % is down but Konerko isn't going to leg out many infield hits. I don't see anything in the stats to suggest he's reached the end of the line. I think he's a great buy low candidate.

Dunn is due some kind of dead cat bounce as well. His .103 BABIP is ridiculously low.

I need to the roll dice on some power off the wire.

Might even let Freese go in the near future (love the OBP, but I doubt I'll regret giving up a shot at 15-18 HRs with a likely injury derailing it anyway).

I think I gotta grab Francisco and sneak him in when he plays.

Anybody buying (gasp) Luis Valbuena at all?

He showed a little pop on a few of his million seasons in AAA and that MLB year 30 years ago when he was young 2B that might develop a little.

He's late to the party, but he's taking a bunch more walks than he used to and hitting more fly balls (though too many of those are clearing the fence at the moment).

There's nothing to see here, right? :unsure:

Anyone else making a move on McClouth? He's getting on, scoring runs and stealing bases. He'd be my 3rd Oriole and I don't know if I'm just being a homer.
No way.
I didn't pick him up (think someone else did), but I don't see anything wrong with taking a flyer on McLouth. He was solid last last year, he's been solid this year, taking walks and getting on-base. He's shown some power and speed in the past, and it's not like he's ancient. McLouth at the top of the lineup could turn out to be a nice guy to have for fantasy. He was terrible for a couple of years, but maybe he's gotten himself right in BAL. Stranger things have happened.
He had a pretty good night last night with a couple of runs, RBI's and 2 SB. If he can hit LH's, he might be alright.

Just wanted to chime in on the absurdity of weekly lineups. Two starts guys? What a dumb thing to have to consider.
Please inform us of what the perfect fantasy setup is. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
Not that a solution is necessary or that I care how other people wish to play, there has been a solution to weekly lineups out for quite some time now........ It's called the internet. It's pretty neat and it makes daily lineup changes really simple for a commish to manage.

Of course, there is no "solution" to the new "problem" problem that really causes weekly lineups. Fantasy football, which led to H2H leagues.

Again, I don't care what others do, but it sounds awful to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to chime in on the absurdity of weekly lineups. Two starts guys? What a dumb thing to have to consider.
Please inform us of what the perfect fantasy setup is. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
Not that a solution is necessary or that I care how other people wish to play, there has been a solution to weekly lineups out for quite some time now........ It's called the internet. It's pretty neat and it makes daily lineup changes really simple for a commish to manage. Of course, there is no "solution" to the new "problem" problem that really causes weekly lineups. Fantasy football, which led to H2H leagues. Again, I don't care what others do, but it sounds awful to me.
It's very awful#livingit

The Ref said:
Pick 3.

Two starts from Wade Davis CLE and CWS, One Start from Burnett WAS, Corbin @ SD, Minor NYM
>Just wanted to chime in on the absurdity of weekly lineups. Two starts guys? What a dumb thing to have to con

sider.
Now that we know what the perfect format is, how about some help on the above? TIA WAY
Is this roto, H2H, or points?
roto
Minor, Davis, Corbin

My MIF situation is getting rough with Reyes out and Keppinger being terrible. Short-term: Mark Ellis, Marwin Gonzalez or Gregorius?

Wtf is gregorius? Id go ellis
Didi Gregorious. The shortstop that was traded for Trevor Bauer in the off-season. He's a top 100 prospect (MLB.com: #63, Baseball America: #80).
:bag: i knew that as i was looking to add him a few days ago. The spelling threw me off. Id add gregorious
You serious Clark?
yeah i dunno why. Just a brain fart
I put him #1 in the cue, Ellis 2nd.

ETA: Nevermind, Didi got hurt tonight and I'm not even taking the chance. I need someone to play tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
For those looking for pitching, I hyped up Cashner in spring trying only to see him get sent to the BP to start the season.

Finally in the rotation, he got the start last night against the Giants and put up good numbers. Next two starts are @cubs and v. marlins. After that, probably TBR.

For those looking for pitching, I hyped up Cashner in spring trying only to see him get sent to the BP to start the season.Finally in the rotation, he got the start last night against the Giants and put up good numbers. Next two starts are @cubs and v. marlins. After that, probably TBR.
Good call. I picked him up on Thursday (dropped Jose Fernandez) to start last night. I am going to hold on to him despite Fernandez passing through waivers unclaimed.

I agree with this, but my main league was formed in grad. school when everyone was buried with work (and now jobs). Nobody would've ever gone for daily lineups. I prefer daily lineups too, but #### happens.

For those looking for pitching, I hyped up Cashner in spring trying only to see him get sent to the BP to start the season.Finally in the rotation, he got the start last night against the Giants and put up good numbers. Next two starts are @cubs and v. marlins. After that, probably TBR.
Whatever you do, don't mention him in the streaming thread. TIA>

Whatever you do, don't mention him in the streaming thread. TIA>
can I get an amen.

David phelps replaces nova. K's a good amt and has good control. Next up vs HOU

Mcann is two weeks away if hes been dropped

Users who are viewing this thread