Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana?

What's the opinion on JD Martinez? Astro's lineup isn't good but he is batting 3rd and has a bit of pop in his bat. I have Brandon Belt and am just looking for someone to replace him as a bench lottery ticket. The pitching on the WW is dry and the best option would be Nicasio. So thinking of picking up Martinez and see what he does for a week or so.

I'd make room for both Martinez and Nicasio.
Who would value over the other?My OF is start 3. I have Braun, Jennings, Melky, and Markakis at UTL with Austin Jackson on the bench. So I don't really need JD Martinez but just want to replace Belt with someone useful since he isn't starting again today.My SP are start 3 SP, 2 P, 2 RP and H2H Points. I have Kershaw, Felix, Latos, Holland, Minor, Sale, Papelbon, Hanrahan and Marmol. So while I don't have a huge need at SP, my plan is to basically start my top 3 every week and rotate the last two spots between Marmol or anyone with 2 starts that week. Nicasio would be just a useful pitcher on 2 start weeks. Is he worth holding onto for that reason?
  • Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because of the way the Cubs employ Rizzo in the field in obvious bunt situations, he now has two official games as a  2Bman. Three more and he gets 2B in yahoo. 

Way to tim up the thread

If you have pitchers on your roster that you're afraid to start against the Padres, you might as well drop them. 

Boesch batting in front of Miguel & Fielder has to help some.

I honestly think Boesch had the best season he'll ever have last year. We'll see. Maybe he has another huge first half in him, but somehow I think he's more like the player we've seen post-AS break. Just my 2 cents. Edited by pantagrapher

What's the opinion on JD Martinez? Astro's lineup isn't good but he is batting 3rd and has a bit of pop in his bat. I have Brandon Belt and am just looking for someone to replace him as a bench lottery ticket. The pitching on the WW is dry and the best option would be Nicasio. So thinking of picking up Martinez and see what he does for a week or so.

I'd make room for both Martinez and Nicasio.
Who would value over the other?My OF is start 3. I have Braun, Jennings, Melky, and Markakis at UTL with Austin Jackson on the bench. So I don't really need JD Martinez but just want to replace Belt with someone useful since he isn't starting again today.My SP are start 3 SP, 2 P, 2 RP and H2H Points. I have Kershaw, Felix, Latos, Holland, Minor, Sale, Papelbon, Hanrahan and Marmol. So while I don't have a huge need at SP, my plan is to basically start my top 3 every week and rotate the last two spots between Marmol or anyone with 2 starts that week. Nicasio would be just a useful pitcher on 2 start weeks. Is he worth holding onto for that reason?
I'd rather start A Jacks and Martinez than Melky or Markakis. Although I do see Martinez vs. Markakis vs. Melky as close, just personal preference away from Melky and Markakis.Depends how your points are set up, but I'd probably rather have Nicasio than Marmol too. In my H2H points league RP's aren't worth much, in fact I am trying to start Samardzija and/or Sale there each week instead of closers. So, I'd drop one of Marmol, Markakis, or Melky for Nicasio. Since you're porbably higher on Markakis and Melky than I am since they're on your team I'd drop Marmol.

Boesch batting in front of Miguel & Fielder has to help some.

I honestly think Boesch had the best season he'll ever have last year. We'll see. Maybe he has another huge first half in him, but somehow I think he's more like the player we've seen post-AS break. Just my 2 cents.
fwiw, last year's 2nd half was due to injury.

Jarrod Dyson called up and starting at leadoff today for KC.

He'll split time with Maier and Bourgeois, eliminating all value that any of them had.
We'll see about that.

It looks like I will need a replacement for Ellsbury.Marlon Byrd/Jordan Schaefer/Drew Stubbs are out there.Standard Roto. I know Stubbs has a nice power/SB combo, but I don't know if I can deal with a .240 BA.

If you can nab a 15-30 guy with a track record to "replace" Ells, I think you do it and worry about the AVG later. Schafer probably won't hit better than .240 either.I'd grab both if you have room, but I'd grab Stubbs first. Edited by pollardsvision

He'll split time with Maier and Bourgeois, eliminating all value that any of them had.
We'll see about that.
Dyson is ridiculously fast. Won't add much pop but will steal bases and score runs. In a deep league he is worth a look - but won't add enough in a platoon situation to warrant a pickup.

I really suck at this game...never know what to do with my roster... Open to advice.

12 team Roto/Redraft

C Doumit

1B Pujols

2B Cuddyer

3B Lawrie

SS Rollins

DH Reynolds

OF McCutchen, Pence, Trumbo

Bench: Morales (1B), Espinosa (2B), Desmond (SS), Wells (OF), Crawford inj.(OF)

SP Verlander, Latos, Beachy, Gonzalez, Bedard, Cahill, Pomeranz

RP Santos, Aceves, Farnsworth (inj)

Questions...

1. Should I ride out Doumit and his slow start or make a move for another ####ty catcher...Pierzynski, Iannetta, R. Hernandez, Ruiz would be the likely candidates on waivers

2. Clearly saves are problematic...trying to get Rodney this week, but he will likely get grabbed ahead of me in waiver order. Lidge/Rodriquez...Romo/Cassila/Lopez...all available, but should I drop someone for one of these question marks???

3. Some other interesting names on waivers... Scahfer, LaHair, Cozart, Lynn, Duffy, Niese... Should I drop anyone to make room for one of these guys? If so, who?

Hell, any general suggestions would be appreciated. My team sucks right now...I know it is too early to worry and my hitting should come around, but I am digging a pretty good hole here early season (only 3 HRs, 21 RBIs, and 25 R so far - all last place by far leaders have mid teens/mid 40s on these cats :cry: ) and just want to set my roster up well moving forward...

Edited by Country Boys

I really suck at this game...never know what to do with my roster... Open to advice.12 team Roto/RedraftC Doumit1B Pujols2B Cuddyer3B LawrieSS RollinsDH ReynoldsOF McCutchen, Pence, TrumboBench: Morales (1B), Espinosa (2B), Desmond (SS), Wells (OF), Crawford inj.(OF)SP Verlander, Latos, Beachy, Gonzalez, Bedard, Cahill, PomeranzRP Santos, Aceves, Farnsworth (inj)Questions...1. Should I ride out Doumit and his slow start or make a move for another ####ty catcher...Pierzynski, Iannetta, R. Hernandez, Ruiz would be the likely candidates on waivers2. Clearly saves are problematic...trying to get Rodney this week, but he will likely get grabbed ahead of me in waiver order. Lidge/Rodriquez...Romo/Cassila/Lopez...all available, but should I drop someone for one of these question marks??? 3. Some other interesting names on waivers... Scahfer, LaHair, Cozart, Lynn, Duffy, Niese... Should I drop anyone to make room for one of these guys? If so, who?Hell, any general suggestions would be appreciated. My team sucks right now...I know it is too early to worry and my hitting should come around, but I am digging a pretty good hole here early season (only 3 HRs, 21 RBIs, and 25 R so far - all last place by far leaders have mid teens/mid 40s on these cats :cry: ) and just want to set my roster up well moving forward...

Daily or weekly lineups? are your injured guys on the active roster or dl? are there any limits - i.e. ip?

I really suck at this game...never know what to do with my roster... Open to advice.12 team Roto/RedraftC Doumit1B Pujols2B Cuddyer3B LawrieSS RollinsDH ReynoldsOF McCutchen, Pence, TrumboBench: Morales (1B), Espinosa (2B), Desmond (SS), Wells (OF), Crawford inj.(OF)SP Verlander, Latos, Beachy, Gonzalez, Bedard, Cahill, PomeranzRP Santos, Aceves, Farnsworth (inj)Questions...1. Should I ride out Doumit and his slow start or make a move for another ####ty catcher...Pierzynski, Iannetta, R. Hernandez, Ruiz would be the likely candidates on waivers2. Clearly saves are problematic...trying to get Rodney this week, but he will likely get grabbed ahead of me in waiver order. Lidge/Rodriquez...Romo/Cassila/Lopez...all available, but should I drop someone for one of these question marks??? 3. Some other interesting names on waivers... Scahfer, LaHair, Cozart, Lynn, Duffy, Niese... Should I drop anyone to make room for one of these guys? If so, who?Hell, any general suggestions would be appreciated. My team sucks right now...I know it is too early to worry and my hitting should come around, but I am digging a pretty good hole here early season (only 3 HRs, 21 RBIs, and 25 R so far - all last place by far leaders have mid teens/mid 40s on these cats :cry: ) and just want to set my roster up well moving forward...

I'd try to find a way to roster Romo, Lidge, and Rodriguez (in that order, but it's a toss-up with the last 2). Who to cut? If it's a daily league with season innings pitched or games started limits, I'd cut Cahill and Pomeranz. In those types of leagues, it's just not worth it to eat up roster spots with mediocre pitchers. You can stream to make up those IP or GS later.Early in the season, imo, it's about loading up with RPs and bats. I'm not very experienced with weekly leagues (not being able to tinker daily sounds horrible to me), but I'm sure it's different in those leagues. Disregard if that's the case.Bats to cut?Tough call. Trumbo's probably the most obvious, but it depends on the league set-up. If it's a daily league, you can manage his inconsistent ABs, especially since you also own Kendrys. I'm biased towards Trumbo to a fault though.Even so, if you have to cut a batter, he'd be the first candidate. I hate Vernon Wells, but he's getting ABs and hitting. If those RP are available now, I might look at actually cutting Farnsworth. I'd try to avoid it, but I'd have a hard time holding a hurt guy for a month when there are 3 guys getting saves on the wire.Given what we know, I'd look to cut Cahill and Pomeranz to add Romo and Lidge or Rodriguez. I would also cut Doumit for Iannetta.

Sorry, it is a weekly lineup league...start any combo of 7 pitchers.

Trumbo? Really? Seems to me they have to find a way to keeP his bat in the lineup regularly. And he has multiple position eligibility which is nice. Hmmmm

With weekly lineups I would dump Pomeranz, Farns, Aceves, and Wells. Then add H Rod, Lidge, Romo, and Casilla.

I would dump Desmond for Cozart.

I would stick with Doumit because the other options aren't any better. At least with Doumit he doesn't actually play catcher, which is always a bonus. The only one I would consider is Ianetta, and only if you can stomach his 220 average.

Personally, I would dump Cahill for Lynn or Niese in that order but I'm probably the minority.

I would also look to slide Morales into the DH instead of Reynolds.

We'll see about that.
Dyson is ridiculously fast. Won't add much pop but will steal bases and score runs. In a deep league he is worth a look - but won't add enough in a platoon situation to warrant a pickup.
Dyson sent back to AAA

We'll see about that.
Dyson sent back to AAA
He was less than happy about it. My prediction is that Maier will be released so they can keep 13 pitchers in the pen. Bourgeois (or however you spell it) will be the lone ranger until Cain is back.The next prospect to come out of Omaha will be Wil Myers and that won't be for 2 more years minimum.

We'll see about that.
Dyson sent back to AAA
He was less than happy about it. My prediction is that Maier will be released so they can keep 13 pitchers in the pen. Bourgeois (or however you spell it) will be the lone ranger until Cain is back.The next prospect to come out of Omaha will be Wil Myers and that won't be for 2 more years minimum.
Actually, the minimum on Myers is late June after Super 2 is up.

too many good OFers not enough slots :kicksrock:

OF: Cruz, Jennings, JUp,

UT: Heyward

Bench: Martinez, Boesch

Trying my hardest to trade one for pitching but people in my league hoard pitchers like theyre going out of style

Should I drop Rios for Boesch who was just dropped?

HELL YES...........and hurry
I dropped for LaRoche. I'm overloaded at 1B, but I'm hoping to move one for a guy who is starting Gabby Sanchez...although he did just drop Ike Davis. Edited by rascal

Royals really shouldn't bring Myers up until September, that hole in his swing still needs fixed. I think he'll be a regular sometime in 2013 though.

He's not even in Omaha yet and won't be for awhile. He is 2 years away from the show, minimum.

Royals really shouldn't bring Myers up until September, that hole in his swing still needs fixed. I think he'll be a regular sometime in 2013 though.

He's not even in Omaha yet and won't be for awhile. He is 2 years away from the show, minimum.
Plenty of top prospects skip over AAA. And he's a top prospect. Bigger question is with Cain, Gordon and Francoeur all there to start, where would he fit?ETA: he's already had 450 PAs in AA, he could get moved up to AAA anytime. Edited by dparker713

Trying thisout for the first time.... 5 batting, 5 pitching stats...daily changes

10 teams, players previously mentioned available....Willingham, Stubbs, Boesch....trying to pick this up on the fly, thanks for all of the posts so far from the seasoned vets on here.

C Matt Wieters, Bal C

1B Albert Pujols, LAA 1B

2B Ian Kinsler, Tex 2B

3B David Freese, StL 3B

SS Jhonny Peralta, Det SS

2B/SS Dan Uggla, Atl 2B

1B/3B Lance Berkman, StL 1B, OF

OF Desmond Jennings, TB OF

OF Chris Young, Ari OF

OF Lucas Duda, NYM 1B, OF

OF Brandon Belt, SF 1B, OF

OF Delmon Young, Det OF

UTIL

UTIL Dustin Ackley, Sea 2B

UTIL Jesus Montero, Sea DH

P Cliff Lee, Phi SP

P Cole Hamels, Phi SP

P Craig Kimbrel, Atl RP

P Ricky Romero, Tor SP

P Doug Fister*, Det SP

P Hiroki Kuroda, NYY SP

P Ted Lilly, LAD SP

Bench Bud Norris, Hou SP

Bench Sergio Romo, SF RP

Bench Jim Johnson, Bal RP

Kyle Farnsworth*, TB RP

DL Chase Utley*, Phi 2B

So I have Dunn and on waivers is Ike Davis and Boesch. Did Dunn finally figure out with his recent games, or it is an illusion?

I'm already stacked at 1B with Votto, Goldy, LaRoche, and Mark Reynolds. Trying to move Reynolds but nobody is interested at this moment.

So I have Dunn and on waivers is Ike Davis and Boesch. Did Dunn finally figure out with his recent games, or it is an illusion?I'm already stacked at 1B with Votto, Goldy, LaRoche, and Mark Reynolds. Trying to move Reynolds but nobody is interested at this moment.

I'd rather have Ike than LaRoche and just don't feel comfortable with Dunn, with your logjam at 1B I'd add Boesch.

Anyone take flyers on these guys?

Duffy, Harang, Lynn, and Delgado.

Daily points league. Would be my 9th starter and you get 8 starts per week. Aviles is out there for 2b/3b and I could use a backup 3b. Ian Stewart and Figgins also available.

Anyone take flyers on these guys? Duffy, Harang, Lynn, and Delgado.Daily points league. Would be my 9th starter and you get 8 starts per week. Aviles is out there for 2b/3b and I could use a backup 3b. Ian Stewart and Figgins also available.

Among those pitchers, Lynn. Doubt I'll trust Delgado and Duffy until 2013.I could see cases for all three of those INF's, depending on the roster and league.

14 team league K/9 W S K WHIP HoldsShould I Drop Phil Hughes and Pick up Danny Duffy?

Are you searching for ratios or wins? If wins probably stick with Hughes, if ratios I'd go with Duffy.

Should I drop Goldy for Reimold, Folwer, Maybin, Jon Jay, Frenchy, or Boesch? I think I need an OF so that I can bench Desmond Jennings till he gets squared away.

Edited by rascal

too many good OFers not enough slots :kicksrock:OF: Cruz, Jennings, JUp, UT: HeywardBench: Martinez, BoeschTrying my hardest to trade one for pitching but people in my league hoard pitchers like theyre going out of style

Try trading one to the Ellsbury owner

too many good OFers not enough slots :kicksrock:OF: Cruz, Jennings, JUp, UT: HeywardBench: Martinez, BoeschTrying my hardest to trade one for pitching but people in my league hoard pitchers like theyre going out of style

Try trading one to the Ellsbury owner
I did. I offered him Cruz for Romero. Hes starting 4 WW bats in his OF/UT spots. His response? He doesnt wanna trade any of his pitchers right now.

What are everybody's thoughts on Bruce Chen this year? He's sucked in the past, but his 2011 and 2012 numbers look like he may have turned some kind of corner

Hes a solid pitcher in real life but hes not worth a pickup because he doesnt get the Ks and wont help your ratios too much

Picked up Noland Reimold yesterday...guess he's never played a full season, but if you extrapolate his career states over 600 ABs, he projects 27HRs and 15-20 SB. You have to deal with a .260 average, but for the WW; could be much worse.

Should I drop Goldy for Reimold, Folwer, Maybin, Jon Jay, Frenchy, or Boesch? I think I need an OF so that I can bench Desmond Jennings till he gets squared away.

That depends on your league and line-up.Are you loaded at 1B and are the 1B waiver options as nice the OF options?It's a tough call on who to get though.Maybin's probably the guy I'd want for the season, but he's just a poor man's Jennings who is off to a horrible start himself. Still, I'd try to find a way to roster Maybin.After that, with apologies to the FBG Official Brennan Boesch Fan Club, I'd probably look at Reimold. With so many solid OF options on the wire, I think it makes the guys with the most upside and the guys that are hot at the moment a little more valuable. I think Reimold has more upside and is obviously hotter right now.