What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (1 Viewer)

I've been holding Berkman and Konerko since the start, but someone dropped Marte and I'm SB challenged to say the least. One of these turds need to go. Which over the hill 1B eligible should I dump for Marte?

ETA: Segura was dropped as well. Better option than Marte?

:shrug:
6 team league?
That's funny. You're funny. 10 team with really short benches. H2H and bench spots are filled with SP's because we don't have a per week innings limit. It makes sense to roll with only the minimum hitters so there are a lot of good options on the wire for hitting, not so much for pitching.
Well it's a good question. Segura is currently the #2 MIFer in both avg and OBP leagues and for perspective, the #10 SS is Marwin Gonzalez.

Wish I played in a league with people that dumb. :shrug:
Marte is tied for runs scored in the NL and has 7 SB.

:mellow:

What type of 2B could I exect to get for Carl Crawford or Marte? Neil Walker sucks and I need to replace/upgrade from him.

I made it known to my league, and I got an offer for Betancourt....lol...I'm not that desperate.

6x6, redraft, h2h format.

Roy Oswalt in Coors Field? We're gonna need a bigger humidor.
Between here and Arlington, he sure knows how to pick 'em. You'd think a guy in his mid 30's would be smart enough to avoid those destinations if he wants to extend his career by a few years by posting decent numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Between here and Arlington, he sure knows how to pick 'em. You'd think a guy in his mid 30's would be smart enough to avoid those destinations if he wants to extend his career by a few years by posting decent numbers.
He felt he was too good for the Tigers so I hope he has a 75.75 ERA. :shrug:

Wrigley said:
Middle reliever's are your friend, use them to get back in the hunt with ratios. I often times have an era around 4 in May, but chip away at it throughout the last 4+ months. Obviously you're playing from a bit behind, but you can still get to middle of the pack at least, I'm sure.
What if you've got 5 closers rostered?

But otherwise I agree. Scavenger wins are also nice.
Yeah, I need to find a way to start using MR's, but it's hard to pull off in my league because we don't have "P" slots and use QS instead W's.

I'm trying to clear up some roster space to pick up a couple SP-eligible RPs like Smyly, Matusz, Cecil, or Collmenter.

I'm guessing he's not interested in Detroit itself. He's got an ego and probably likes the idea of being in Denver as opposed to Detroit. Can't blame him there, I'd much rather be in Denver than Detroit.

Also, he's beyond the tail end of his career so he isn't pitching toward some big contract in the future. I doubt any young pitcher looking for a big contract would ever want to pitch for Denver.

I'm guessing he's not interested in Detroit itself. He's got an ego and probably likes the idea of being in Denver as opposed to Detroit. Can't blame him there, I'd much rather be in Denver than Detroit.

Also, he's beyond the tail end of his career so he isn't pitching toward some big contract in the future. I doubt any young pitcher looking for a big contract would ever want to pitch for Denver.
His story last year was he wanted to play somewhere close to his home in the Confederacy. He doesn't appear to be as selective this time around.

He was decent out of the pen for Texas. I'm curious to see what role the Rockies work him at in the minors.

I've been holding Berkman and Konerko since the start, but someone dropped Marte and I'm SB challenged to say the least. One of these turds need to go. Which over the hill 1B eligible should I dump for Marte?

ETA: Segura was dropped as well. Better option than Marte?

:shrug:
6 team league?
That's funny. You're funny. 10 team with really short benches. H2H and bench spots are filled with SP's because we don't have a per week innings limit. It makes sense to roll with only the minimum hitters so there are a lot of good options on the wire for hitting, not so much for pitching.
Well it's a good question. Segura is currently the #2 MIFer in both avg and OBP leagues and for perspective, the #10 SS is Marwin Gonzalez.

Wish I played in a league with people that dumb. :shrug:
The league format is what sounds dumb
That may be the case but I'm living in that house this year so I'm forced to abide by house rules.
Agree. Adapting your strategies and player valuations for unique league rules is important.

I don't think Segura's AVG and power are sustainable but his speed should be. Even if his AVG regresses to something with a normal BABIP, he'll still be a top ten fantasy SS. The Brewers got a very nice return for two months of rent-a-Greinke.
So you're saying you believe Segura is legit enough to stay a top 10 SS for the year.

If that is the case, should I maybe consider moving Castro for another piece on my roster?
Not a bad idea, but I suspect you won't be excited about the return.

So far, this has been a great year to avoid Top SS's outside of Tulo. Most people that went cheap at SS are probably happy they did.

So, the guys currently rolling with the Alcides/EverCab/Lowrie types probably aren't looking to give up anything meaningful for an upgrade and anybody really desperate at SS would've picked up Segura by now.

Nothing wrong with trading Castro, but I wouldn't think you could get much for him.
Depends on who I'm dealing with. I need to find the right guy who perceives Castro's value higher than maybe it is. I already sent one, aiming real high, offering Castro/Choo for McCutchen. The other guy is rolling with Rollins, and is also in the bottom quarter in the rankings right now.
It's not aiming that high IMO. I'm a homer, but I would hesitate to deal Choo for McCutcheon even straight up. I like the concept of what you're trying to do of swapping Castro to get a free Segura, but I can't imagine trading Choo right now.

You do realize none of these guys live in Detroit right? The city has NOTHING to do with it, it is just Roy being a gigantic ###### which he's always been good at.

I streamed Cashner and for some odd reason, no one has picked him up yet. I want to but need to move someone for him....not sure who.

I could drop one 1B eligible for him between Konerko, Cuddyer, and Berkman.

I could drop one of the following pitchers for Cashner.....Ogando, Morrow, Niese, Cingrani (Probably can't drop Cingrani at the moment)

Who to drop?
I see no reason why Ogando needs to be owned in a mixed league. He's only got average Ks and so far his walks are up. Atleast he's spiked his GB%, but if he returns to being a flyball pitcher neither his park or his defense will help him out. Then again, Morrow is a mess right now. All his peripherals are crap. I wouldn't lose sleep over cutting either one of them.
Dropped Ogando. Other than the Houston start, he's been nothing special and I hate his home park for pitchers. I love Cashner's home park obviously.
I haven't read up on Cashner's situation. Is he in the rotation to stay? Juicy matchup this week at the Cubbies.
They want him in the rotation bad. I think he takes someone else's place, who doesn't have his ability.

He gets the Cubs, then Miami in Petco, then off to TB. Nice 3 game schedule.
Not sure about Cashner next week after that fiasco in Chi. MIA without Stanton in SD looks nice.

CBS:

Lefty-heavy lineup hurts Andrew Cashner

Padres pitcher Andrew Cashner said the wildness he showed Wednesday against the Cubs did not stem from facing Chicago for the first time since it selected him with its top pick in the 2008 MLB Draft. The right-hander, who was dealt to San Diego in January 2012, had trouble with his command from the beginning and gave up runs in Chicago's first four innings.

"I was bad. I didn't command my fastball very well," he said. "When I was missing it was just off the plate instead of going after guys. It felt like I was fighting the whole time. I never really got in a groove out there and didn't really execute very well."

Cashner allowed five runs total (four earned) and six hits while walking four batters as he struggled against a Cubs lineup that featured several left-handed hitters that prevented him from mixing in his secondary pitches. He struck out just one over four innings -- his lowest strikeout total in three starts this season.

"When you have seven left-handers in a lineup you can't keep pumping fastballs," Chicago manager Dale Sveum said. "That's why I always say the importance of having left-handed bats against right-handed pitching is it's just hard to go through left-handed bats."

Cashner will attempt to rebound during his next scheduled start Monday against Miami, which will be without slugging outfielder Giancarlo Stanton in the lineup.

The Dodgers are considering calling up SS Dee Gordon from Triple-A Albuquerque.
With Hanley Ramirez likely to be placed on the disabled list, the Dodgers will go with either Justin Sellers at shortstop, or promote Gordon, who has more offensive potential but has struggled with his defense this season. Gordon is batting .314/.397/.390 with 14 steals over 25 games in the Pacific Coast League

The Dodgers are considering calling up SS Dee Gordon from Triple-A Albuquerque.With Hanley Ramirez likely to be placed on the disabled list, the Dodgers will go with either Justin Sellers at shortstop, or promote Gordon, who has more offensive potential but has struggled with his defense this season. Gordon is batting .314/.397/.390 with 14 steals over 25 games in the Pacific Coast League
Officially up

The Dodgers are considering calling up SS Dee Gordon from Triple-A Albuquerque.With Hanley Ramirez likely to be placed on the disabled list, the Dodgers will go with either Justin Sellers at shortstop, or promote Gordon, who has more offensive potential but has struggled with his defense this season. Gordon is batting .314/.397/.390 with 14 steals over 25 games in the Pacific Coast League
Officially up
Just picked him up to start. Need to recover from my ill-advised ;) Stephen Drew pickup. That Brandon Crawford is looking good.

Drew is actually starting to come around.

Officially up
Just picked him up to start. Need to recover from my ill-advised ;) Stephen Drew pickup. That Brandon Crawford is looking good.

Dodgers have been working him out at 2B and I think because of his arm, he'll end up there. If he can hit he'll stay, good chance for him to prove the hitting part on this stint. If he hits maybe they send him down to play second in Albuquerque for a month and then call him back up.

Officially up

Dodgers have been working him out at 2B and I think because of his arm, he'll end up there. If he can hit he'll stay, good chance for him to prove the hitting part on this stint. If he hits maybe they send him down to play second in Albuquerque for a month and then call him back up.
I've heard he's a defensive liability. Is it his arm strength? I didn't think he'd have a range issue with his speed.

Officially up

I've heard he's a defensive liability. Is it his arm strength? I didn't think he'd have a range issue with his speed.
Lateral movement and reaction aren't necessarily equated with speed and Gordon seems to be a good example of this. His arm is probably below average and his ability to get jumps on balls seems to be in question. I think they knew this last year and they also knew they'd have Hanley, so I don't understand why they didn't get him some time at 2B this spring or the last month at AAA. Although SS is a tougher position you still don't want to throw a guy to 2B cold, probably won't end well.

He might not be quick side to side, but man can he move fast in a straight line.

So Arenado might be pretty good?
Hopefully he gets consistent at bats, does well and sticks. Right now he's a Godsend with an owner like me who has Pedro Alvarez playing every day. Considering 3B is such a black hole this guy could be huge for a lot of owners this year.

The Marlins are calling up Marcell Ozuna from AA to replace Stanton. He's shown good power in the low minors but has less than 50 PAs at AA. This should be interesting.
:popcorn:
Nabbed him this morning.

I wish I knew what to make of this game though. It's not like going 4 for 5 on Halladay is a major accomplishment (well, except that it's pretty hard to get him to throw 4 pitches in the strike zone in 5 ABs).

Hopefully, he keeps it up.

The Marlins are calling up Marcell Ozuna from AA to replace Stanton. He's shown good power in the low minors but has less than 50 PAs at AA. This should be interesting.
Nabbed him this morning. I wish I knew what to make of this game though. It's not like going 4 for 5 on Halladay is a major accomplishment (well, except that it's pretty hard to get him to throw 4 pitches in the strike zone in 5 ABs). Hopefully, he keeps it up.
Burned my waivers priority in Cakeleeg for him. If he can keep his strikeouts under control, the Marlins will have no choice to find a place for Ozuna when Stanton comes back.

Nabbed him this morning. I wish I knew what to make of this game though. It's not like going 4 for 5 on Halladay is a major accomplishment (well, except that it's pretty hard to get him to throw 4 pitches in the strike zone in 5 ABs). Hopefully, he keeps it up.
Burned my waivers priority in Cakeleeg for him. If he can keep his strikeouts under control, the Marlins will have no choice to find a place for Ozuna when Stanton comes back.
If they are going to go ahead and burn an arbitration year on Ozuna, it's hard to imagine they'd worry too much about keeping Pierre's .280 OBP in the lineup.

4th OF and pinch runner seems like a perfect role for Pierre at this point.

So whats the deal with mccann? Hs a FA in my league and my catcher has been disappointing (Lucroy). Only thing im concerned about is if he is gonna split time 50/50 with gattis as im in a weekly league

So whats the deal with mccann? Hs a FA in my league and my catcher has been disappointing (Lucroy). Only thing im concerned about is if he is gonna split time 50/50 with gattis as im in a weekly league
It's anybody's guess at this point, but I'd bet McCann gets a start for 75% of the games.

A pretty straight-forward platoon at C makes a ton of sense. Gattis crushes lefties. McCann is historically fairly average against them. No idea if that's what Fredi's thinking though.

McCann's a 6-time all-star and he's swinging a hot bat right now. As long as McCann's healthy, I think Gattis only gets enough starts to help keep McCann rested.

It kind of sucks for both of them, but I think McCann should get close to full time catcher ABs.

The good news for both is that it looks like they'll keep Laird on the roster, so whichever isn't starting should get consistent pinch-hit RBI chances.

If he isn't rostered at this point, I think now would be a recommendable time to pick up Zack Wheeler. Just had another good outing for down in Las Vegas and with the Mets SP struggles in the backend, he should be up very soon. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring him up sometime this week but seeing the history of the Mets with Harvey, they might wait a little longer. If you can make room though, I would pick him up.

He could have struggles when he comes up with walks but a lot of young pitchers do. Either way, Wheeler has a ton of potential and some great stuff. I'd rather be rostering him than holding on to Halladay or a replaceable end of the roster SP.

If he isn't rostered at this point, I think now would be a recommendable time to pick up Zack Wheeler. Just had another good outing for down in Las Vegas and with the Mets SP struggles in the backend, he should be up very soon. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring him up sometime this week but seeing the history of the Mets with Harvey, they might wait a little longer. If you can make room though, I would pick him up.

He could have struggles when he comes up with walks but a lot of young pitchers do. Either way, Wheeler has a ton of potential and some great stuff. I'd rather be rostering him than holding on to Halladay or a replaceable end of the roster SP.
I was thinking about that as well. Choices are to drop Corbin, Hellickson, or Bailey depending on his MRI. Also thinking about Hughes....ugh.

I was thinking about that as well. Choices are to drop Corbin, Hellickson, or Bailey depending on his MRI. Also thinking about Hughes....ugh.
I'd be keeping Corbin and Bailey (if healthy). I'd be fine with dropping Hellickson. Hellickson doesn't really strike me as someone you regret dropping.

I have Lecroy with McCann coming off the DL for my squad. I'd definitely be grabbing McCann if I were you. I think he'll be playing more than 3-4 games a week soon and they'll work Gattis in at C/1B/OF to get him ABs.

He won't be up until after the Super Two deadline passes, which is atleast 5 weeks away.

Who would you guys cut first, Estrada or Wandy?

Probably going to cut Wandy and hope Estrada turns it around. He's getting more GBs than he did last year and 20% of his FB's can't keep leaving the park.

Also assuming Cashner's going to walk 8 Marlins tonight and get the boot tomorrow morning.

Trying to pare my SP rotation down to just guys I kind of rely on and a streamer slot or 2.

Users who are viewing this thread